main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marvel U.K.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by marvelfett, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >I doubt that there were two downed pilots, .
    >No I personally rather use occam's razor for this personally.

Considering the number of ships downed during the defense of the Death Star, it's entirely possible that there were two downed pilots. Qorl also crashed on purpose, he didn't collide with an X-Wing, (or so he says.)

In any case, there has been no official link between the two pilots. You may, of course, believe them to be the same, but the point is that there are no Marvel references in the first YJK book. (The second, however, may contain a reference.)

TC

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I asked wallace about it("Are qorl and tiepilot from day after the death star one and the same pilot?").

and he said that "I don't know if it's been officialized, but I know several people that have come to that same conclusion."

So this must mean that there are people works with in LFL continuity editing that believe that they are one and the same, it just hasn't been written down yet?

I'll see if I can find out more.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I asked wallace about it("Are qorl and tiepilot from day after the death star one and the same >pilot?").
    >and he said that "I don't know if it's been officialized, but I know several people that have come to >that same conclusion."
    >So this must mean that there are people works with in LFL continuity editing that believe that they >are one and the same, it just hasn't been written down yet?

It doesn't matter, it still hasn't been offcialized. And I wouldn't bet on the "several people" being LFL employees, as Wallace is known to be very much in touch with the fans, particularly continuity freaks such as ourselves. :D

Not that I have any problem with them being the same pilot, I'm just correcting your "used by KJA in YJK books(ex. tie pilot from day after the death star)." statement.

TC

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    TO SUM UP A LITTLE:

marvelfett wrote in this thread:

Well,
    This is the first time that I have seen Star Wars fans without a definitive answer. What if we organized a massive scavenger hunt, and got as many of us involved as possible. Is there somewhere that we could get people to post any and all covers that htey might come accross? I would be willing to have them sent to my e-mail address and then organize them in a cohesive manner. When all is said and done I'm sure that theforce.net would post it in the comics section. The cover artwork for these books, both photo and drawn, are sort of the last untaped frontier of the Expanded Universe. Plus it would be kind of fun to se if we could do it.

marvelfett wrote in another thread:

I have posted another topic in regards to the "Star Wars Weekly" comics from the U.K. Basically I am searching for any and all scans or imagery of the covers to these issues of which there were over 300!!! This is the first time that I have seen Star Wars fans without a definitive answer. What if we organized a massive scavenger hunt, and got as many of us involved as possible. Is there somewhere that we could get people to post any and all covers that they might come accross? I would be willing to have them sent to my e-mail address and then organize them in a cohesive manner. When all is said and done I'm sure that theforce.net would post it in the comics section. The cover artwork for these books, both photo and drawn, are sort of the last untaped frontier of the Expanded Universe. Plus it would be kind of fun to see if we could do it. Here's some general info on the series. It started out being called "Star Wars Weekly" and lasted about 140 issues or so. It then changed to "The Empire Strikes Back Weekly", then to "Return of the Jedi Weekly" and fially to "Return of the Jedi Monthly". If I have made any mistakes regarding this info I apologize as this series is kind of tricky to get info on. I realize that I haven't put my e-mail address yet. I'm waiting to see what kind of response I will get first.
    Happy hunting!!

So, is no one out there up to the task. I'll make it easier, how about we in the Lit. Forum at least put together a list of issues with original art, U.S. issue art, or photo-covers. I'm sure if everyone pooled together, most if not all issues should be covered by our individual collections. As far as making this info available, I've been working on a web page of my own, and I'd be happy to put a page in it devoted to this stuff (if I ever finish it :) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.