main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: With 140 Marvel tights in game.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Uncle_Owen_Kenobi, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Some characters that will be playable.

Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    Captain America
    Thor
    Blade
    Elektra
    The Thing
    Ghost Rider
    Dr. Strange w00t!

Press release.
    [image=http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/pub/GameInfo/ConsoleandPC/ActScreenshots/175/penguin-image6.jpg] [image=http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/pub/GameInfo/ConsoleandPC/ActScreenshots/173/penguin-image7.jpg]

"Over 140 Marvel characters come together in Activision, Inc?s. (Nasdaq: ATVI) Marvel?: Ultimate Alliance, an all-new action/RPG that features the largest roster of comic book characters ever seen in a video game. Players assume the roles of more than 20 Marvel Super Heroes including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade and Captain America, and through their actions determine the fate of both planet Earth and the Marvel universe ? revealed in one of multiple epilogues.
    "

"Marvel: Ultimate Alliance features a deep, rich gameplay experience by offering total team customization, where players create their own team name, icon and vehicle, as well as establish their team reputation as they play throughout the story. Gamers also have the option to level up each character individually to their liking, or all team members at the same time to keep their heroes balanced. With the game?s new combat system, players battle against the world?s most notorious Marvel Super Villains in the air, underwater, and on the ground, using grappling, blocking and dodging moves, by charging up their Super Hero powers before unleashing them, and using environmental objects as one and two-handed weapons."

Game trailer.

[image=http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/pub/GameInfo/ConsoleandPC/ActScreenshots/176/penguin-image48.jpg] [image=http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/pub/GameInfo/ConsoleandPC/ActScreenshots/178/clowntown-image22.jpg]

I was a huge fan of both the Xmen Legends games. Can't wait for this game. :)

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Dr Strange? I'm sold.

Though they're going to have to tone him down a bit or he'll win the game by himself :p

I wanna see Thanos too.

Edit: OMG- Galactus and the Surfer too? I love this game.

3. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been reading a lot about this game recently. Definetly looks like something I'll be getting!

4. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Anyone pick this up yet? I'm holding off till I get my NWN2 fix out of the way.

5. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Isn't there a DC game coming out like this, too?

6. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, but the reviews make it sound like a poor man's X-Men Legends. Only 2 heroes at a time, no sparring mode or training mode and power progression is sub par. The DC game is pulling a 70% at gamerankings.

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I'm getting this for the Wii on soely on the basis that while playing it I will look like a huge tool.

Also the Justice League game has Kyle Rayner so you aren't allowed to say bad things about it.

8. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    The game will have Deadpool. That is enough for me.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg] [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/DeadpoolBullseye.jpg]

9. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm looking to rent it, but I'll definitely be asking for it for my birthday(which is around 3 weeks) so I'm looking forward to it. I'm already trying to figure out some teams, one I want to try is Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Dr. Strange.

10. Ne_me_mori_facias

Ne_me_mori_facias Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    I'm such a geek. I found out that "Defenders" wasn't an actual team they accepted normally. So when the time came to be able to make my team, I named it "Defenders" and cast characters who had been on the team. Of course, I had to wait until I unlocked Strange first, and I'm keeping a special place open for when I unlock the Surfer.

-Lest you make me die...-

11. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I feel the same way.

12. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    If anyone posts the Deadpool " SHIRUUKEN" comic I will hit them in the neither regions. I'm not kidding. Even if they are a girl.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://vice.parodius.com/stuff/Deadpool%2027-10.jpg]

14. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    /pulls out his belt.

Baby, I only hit you because I love you.

NOW GET OVER HERE SO I CAN LOVE YOU SOMETHING FIERCE!!!

15. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Crotch punches, all around. Hip hip hooray!

16. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I pre-ordered this for the Wii but I might be considering getting this for the PS2 first, since it looks great. It also seems to be getting some fair reviews.

17. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    This is one game I might consider buying a new console for. :p Though the Wii would be worth it just because of it's backwards compatibility. Looks tasty, possibly a lot.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I love this game. My favorite characters to play so far are Captain America and Iron Man

19. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Anyone got the Wii version yet?

20. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I have it. It's not bad. The graphics aren't as nice as 360, but the controls definitely make the game more interesting. I'm only an hour in, so I can't say I have that much experience.

21. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    How is the score? It is done by my favourite games composer, Mark Griskey.

22. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    finished this one the other day. Silver Surfer RULES. He's got one beam attack that when maxed out does 350-ish damage AND pierces. Whack him with Focus upgrades and it's on.

Wolverine's Lethal Lunge is great, and very very useable, as is Spiderman's web warrior. As long as you hold the button down and grab them with the web, they can't move or attack, at all! So your friends can wail on the bad guy till he's down low on health, you then let go and throw him in the air and boom, dead!

My party had Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman and Human Torch.

Human Torch's pop-up attacks + Wolvie's Lethal Lunge = Fireball Catch on a claw

The only issues I have is that I plugged Cap America's and Torch's 'buff' skills, giving damage reduction and chance to ignite people on hit, but they never bloody activated them. I would have to switch to each one individually, and then once activated i'd switch back to wolverine and he'd be getting wailed on by five infidels :'(

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    I like to go with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and either Wolverine or Ghost Rider for my team

24. WolverineOfTheORS

WolverineOfTheORS Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2006
    I'm not a big fan of this game. The gameplay is crap - the same goes for the graphics. Anyway, the four characters I go with are:

Wolverine (obviously)
    The Human Torch
    Spider-Man
    The Thing

I go with these four characters because, IMO, they are the most popular superheroes associated with Marvel.

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been playing with:

Captain America
    Thor
    Iceman
    Deadpool

When Deadpool does his special move, "Merc's Revenge" I feel all special inside. Plus, he's hysterical!

When he levels up: "Now I'M the best at what ever it is that Wolverine does!"

When he's out of engery: "I don't have enough energy... but I am full of Vitamin C!"

EDIT: My only complaint with the game is on the Wii version, you rotate the nunchuck to move the camera. It's hard to rotate it counter-clockwise simply because the human hand doesn't turn that way! Plus, it's annoying to have to keep my left hand perfectly still while my right is constantly moving around to activate special powers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.