main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Agent Carter

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if they'll try for continuity with the One-Shot and bring Whitford's character in. Sousa is running LA, Thompson is dead, SRS (presumably) becoming SHIELD, so Whitford comes in to run NY in Jack's absence during the transition, the offices are being renovated/relocated (maybe to the AOS base?), Peggy and Whitford are forced to work together again back in the older, small office they worked together in previously prior to the Zodiac mission, S3 plot events ends with Whitford pissed at her for her actions during it, gets the call from Stark to run SHIELD, the end.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's the actual M. Carter from the report, in all likelihood. You know. Michael. The supposedly-dead spy who was introduced for a very minor fridging to get Peggy (Margaret) in the service.

The date of the report is after he died and when we know Peggy was with Cap, so that's really the only option...

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Astounding! Good stuff to speculate on!^:)^

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a great theory- would certainly make things personal and possibly explain any shifts toward a SHIELD viewpoint Peggy might take.

pronker likes this.
  5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Came across this on FB:

[​IMG]

Jedi Daniel, Rew, BigAl6ft6 and 7 others like this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I could see Agent Carter getting a third season, as it's a mid season filler for ABC. Although, the budget might be cut so there will be less or worse special effects. But, it took awhile for Agent of SHIELD to find its grove, so that might be another reason for ABC to give Agent Carter a 3rd season.

At some point, I expect the series to touch on the formation of SHIELD and the end of the SSR.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

The creators won't even confirm if Jack is dead. Just that he's been shot. Apparently Vernon isn't even confirmed dead. So maybe Vernon shot Jack.

pronker likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Due to the way I'm wired, I immediately thought "Winter Solider! Finally!" when Jack done got capped and, dammit, I'm going to hold onto that if we never get a Season 3.

Rumblings that there is going to be a Season 3 is surprising, really, I totally thought Marvel Most Wanted was being groomed for the mid-Agents of SHIELD slot. I would be very happy if Most Wanted or Agent Carter gets moved to a summertime show so we can get 3 Marvel shows throughout the year on ABC. (Honestly AoS prt 1 - MW - AoS prt 2 might be a better fit tonally and Agent Carter is much perkier and upbeat than Agents of SHIELD so it might work better as a summer show).

Although, as mentioned, the Marvel shows on ABC probably have a much, much longer leash due to corporate overlords and all so maybe Season 3 might actually happen.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Wtf are you babbling about?

10. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I haven't seen this show. Is it still on the air?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Season 2 finished. Season 3 is a possibility but not confirmed at this point.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Things Aren’t Looking Great for Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ or ‘Most Wanted’

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I wish they would give Agent Carter one more season.

As for Most Wanted I had thought that was a sure thing....if not I hope they bring back Bobbi and Hunter to AOS.

pronker likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I thought Most Wanted was a lock too since Bobbi and Hunter were disavowed from SHIELD.

If Agent Carter is cancelled, they should at least give that spot to Most Wanted, during the winter break. I mean, 8-10 episodes would be a nice.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    If it's a choice between Peggy and Hunter & Bobbi, I choose Peggy!

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, I definitely wanted to find out who killed Jack Thompson.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    We at least need a TV movie. I want to know who the killer is, a resolution with Dottie and who Peggy marries.

And after the Spies goodbye, bringing Hunter and Bobbi back would be clunky to say the least.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah it would tacky to bring Bobbi & Hunter back if MW was shelved. At least let it play out as a limited series and maybe let it build up to a plausible means for them to return to AOS first.

As for AC S3- I think it's always been iffy but it seems like we're hearing the same thing we did a couple months ago so I won't jump to conclusions until we hear otherwise.

I think the great-but-softer-than-hoped-for-compared-to-the-original reaction to AOU and AM1 not being a huge huge hit for Marvel may have softened excitement for the two shows when combined with the ratings.

But then we're 2.5 days away from Civil War- I imagine that aspect of the situation will be very different a week from now, especially if the AOS promos start hyping a CW connection to raise interest in Marvel TV properties.

That could be enough (especially if they tie Peggy into things) to get AC a final season (though probably a shorter season like the first one). Especially if they conclude the creation of SHIELD arc, combined with the international spy opportunities provided by delving into Wakanda's past in advance of Black Panther's release.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Bobbie & Hunter should fall backwards in time and end up in Agent Carter, consolidating the viewing numbers.

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

soitscometothis likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    dammit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agent-carter-canceled-at-abc-893499

Civil War / Agents of SHIELD / Peggy spoiler

Bad week for Peggy. She died in Civil War (off screen), Coulson read her obit in the paper AND her show got canned. Well, at least she gets to deliver one final speech via her niece at her funeral in Civil War. Kinda meta. Sharon's eulogy for Peggy in a big time movie also sorta functions as a eulogy for the show in Civil War. It's all connected!

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Keeping up the Futurama references

Ah well. At least Hayley Atwell's getting a show.

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  23. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Agent Carter cancelled, on that cliffhanger ending?! They cancelled the wrong Marvel TV show. It should have been Agents of Shield.

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    C'mon Netflix! A mini movie would be fine just to wrap this last plot pour up and get us to the beginning of SHIELD!

25. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I highly doubt the cancellation means anything. If Marvel wants to finish the story it'll be on Netflix or Hulu or something.