main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

She'll probably be back in Daredevil s2. She'll probably be back in all of 'em. If Rosario Dawson ends up being the Marvel Netflix version of Nick Fury in Phase 1, I am totally okay with that.

2. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I hope so. They did a great job of developing her chemistry with Matt, I just hope the whole Elektra subplot doesn't supersede it. That said, of the photos release we seem to be seeing an abundance of Punisher images more than anything else.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Hopefully that design will hold. It's much better than the last one, which was one of the few missteps in S1. At the very least, this one covers his damn nose.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, this suit looks great, hopefully this design translates well on screen. I also really like the Punisher logo behind him.

I loved season 1, it's likely my favorite think to come out of the MCU, and I'm really looking forward to season 2. Daredevil has always been one of my favorite superhero characters (I think I'd rank him as my favorite right now), so it's nice to see him being done justice on this scale after the 2003 debacle. And Jessica Jones! I'm really, really looking forward to binging that next month.

Hogarth Wrightson His nose was covered in season one, though. Unless you meant in the comics, where it's uncovered?

6. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    Well, in S1 the shaft of his nose was covered, but the bulb wasn't. Given the shape of the actor's face I thought it looked rather silly. Either go full nose reveal-o, or cover it all up. This "Hi! I'm Dareedevil's nose bulb!" look is unflattering, IMO.

PymParticles likes this.
  7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I never noticed the nose. When watching the finale, I was actually really impressed with the overall suit.

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I think the suit itself was alright, but it was overlit which made it look inconsistent with the aesthetic the show had established up to that point. I think all red will look fine as long as the suit is lit properly.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  9. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    I'm one of those rare folks who liked the look of the 2003 suit, esp. the mask, although the horns were a bit too tiny. That mask split the difference WRT the nose; it showed part of the shaft and all of the bulb, but the bottom edge of the mask angled up from the cheeks rather than down like on the series. I thought it looked really cool.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, the full on nose guard looks much better than the way the mask looked at the end of season one. It looked like Matt's nose was being smushed by the mask; like it was too tight.

I like the foreshadowing of the Punisher in the promo poster. Season 2 is definitely going to be expanding the characters of Hell's kitchen. I'm wondering if they'll be any references to Jessica Jones or Luke Cage. There will probably be some very small subtle references to the MCU proper. I would like Stan Lee to make a cameo in season 2, something more than just a photo in the background. Perhaps Stan can play a judge that Matt will be appearing before or maybe just a mailman like he did in Fantastic Four.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, didn't notice the skull at first. Nice little touch.

12. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    Yeah, I have to admit I didn't notice it till PymParticles pointed it out. Very stylish and cool.

13. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I wonder if we're actually going to see some sort of actual Punisher costume, or if it's just going to be the "black t-shirt with white skull on it, cargo pants, and trench coat" look. I actually think it would be cool if Castle was ex-SHIELD as opposed to a war vet, and he uses a highly modified SHIELD uniform as his outfit, but that's just me talking out of my butt.

14. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I wonder if they'll incorporate the skull onto the Punisher's costume or would it be too cartoonish for Daredevil?

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, PymParticles pointed it out for me too.

I really hope that means Frank Castle plays the Wilson Fisk role in this season. A character that is misguided in thinking he's making the city better. That would certain would give the Punisher more depth than just a gun-toting angry zealot. I mean, I want season 2 to do to Frank Castle as season 1 did for Wilson Fisk. Show Castle being graphically violent, but with a pure deranged purpose.

I also want Karen Paige's darkside to catch up with her in season 2.

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    One way or another, they have to find some way to fit it in there. Losing Daredevil's "DD" emblem I can understand and accept, especially since he got the costume before the name, but Punisher needs the skull.

I also really hope the show doesn't pull its punches with showing what a monster Frank is. A somewhat sympathetic monster, for sure, but a monster nonetheless. And then I want to see Daredevil feed him some teeth.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think Foggy might suggest the "DD" emblem on the costume.

Frank Castle definitely needs to sport the skull on his chest. That's as much part of the character as the bat logo on Batman's chest. I also hope the Skull t-shirt doesn't originate from some Rock band, but rather an inspiration and intimidating choice by Frank. Criminals should be afraid to see that skull in a dark alley.

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Frank is a monster to crooks, he seems to be downright decent towards civilians. Well, he doesn't tend to shoot jaywalkers in the head or anything. But when Frank gets alone with someone he thinks is bad.... boy howdy. Messy. And drawn out messy sometimes too.

What I wanna see is if Microchip is hanging around! He got sort of a backwards shout-out in Agents of SHIELD. Frank needs a tech buddy, I always thought.

19. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  20. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    2016 is so about The Punisher. He's by far the most anticipated character of series 2, more than Elektra.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Except that time he snapped and shot a jaywalker.

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, to be fair, he was high as a kite on some crank given to him while doing a stint in Ryker's.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That doesn't help the jaywalker! :p

I for one loved the 2004 Punisher film. Yes, the budget constraints meant Miami was a poor substitute for NYC but Jane was great in the role. And that takedown at the end?

Plus this skull looked great:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  24. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I still haven't seen the 2004 Punisher. I might check it out tonight on Netflix. I've kind of been deterred from Marvel films around that era, such as the Daredevil and Elektra films.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's very much lifted from the Ennis run on the comics, and is intentionally comic booky. i.e. Frank stands up, resolved to take the fight to the mob, and lightning flashes ominously because they know they're making a comic book film.