main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I gotta say the Spanish in this series is hilariously bad, especially when it comes from (obviously non native) Ms. Cardenas and Claire Temple.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha well I like Cap's Avengers costume too....so I guess I just have bad taste! :p

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It's a good thing Matt is already blind, otherwise he'd have gouged his eyes out like I almost did just now.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Regarding Madame Gao...
    Her symbol is very similar (if not identical) to the Steel Serpent's.

[​IMG]

He's one of Iron Fist's nemesis and, in the fantastic Immortal Iron Fist series, he becomes a servant of Crane Mother, leader of one of the Cities of Heaven:

[​IMG]

So yeah, that's still my theory.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So could she be operating behind the scenes and the next three Marvel Netflix shows, and then be the big villain in the team-up?

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Or at the very least for the Iron Fist series.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm just a few episodes in, but I really love this series so far. The casting decision for Mourdock could not have been better - plus, his law partner was in The Mighty Ducks!

Since The Winter Soldier, with the exception of AOS, the quality of these cinematic universe entries has been so much better than Phase 1 and the start of Phase 2.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I just wish they would have kept the suit without eyeholes. I really like that element of his initial rogue vigilante get up. I dunno.

Penguinator likes this.
  9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I really like his costume at the end, it's definitely a prototype, will undergo some modifications, but all in all it looks great. Definitely superheroish.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, it's fun, how everyone was against the black suit at first, and how well it just worked.

Penguinator likes this.
  11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    OMG mind=blown I knew the guy looked familiar but all the way back to the Mighty Ducks. That's amazing!

dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

The eyes on the final costume are really disconcerting after looking at Murdock's jaw of justice for 12 and a half episodes.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The no eye thing was weird, and weird no one asked him how he saw out of it. Just a quick " how do you see out that thing?" "I see fine" would have done it. But I'm fine with the eyes on the new costume. It is a little bulky, and probably should be pretty much the black outfit with a lining, but he asked for a symbol. He didn't tell the simpleton he needed something that wasn't restrictive, he told that to Claire bear.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Who had time to ask him how he saw out of it?

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    There were quite a few times he had discussions, with bad guys and allies.

Ben would be the most obvious choice.

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would just assume the superhero wanted to call attention to his blindness. It's not like the condition is that rare.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're also not the sharpest tool in the shed, so...

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    If I saw a dude in a black mask beat the bananas out of a group of Russian gangsters, mostly at night, the thought that he is blind because his mask is covering his eyes would never even cross my mind. I would assume that he could see out of it somehow.

In fact, if someone told me that they thought he was probably blind because his mask had no eyeholes--with absolutely no knowledge that he was actually blind--I'd laugh at them.

GenAntilles likes this.
  19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Just finished the series, and wow. Really impressed. Not a big fan of the red costume, but I hope it gets changed by The Defenders.

soitscometothis likes this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well, not necessarily blind. But if we're in a fantastical universe where superheroes exist, and where they've presumably seen transdimensional alien invasions, I would be open to the possibility that someone had made sight superfluous, and was trying to flaunt the fact.

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Even in the comics, with fifty years of continuity, people were convinced for ages that Matt Murdock wasn't Daredevil because Murdock was blind and clearly Daredevil could see and was also psychic.

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I'm just saying, if a mask doesn't have eyeholes and the suit is made out of normal fabric, it's probably safe to assume the person isn't using their eyes.

23. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Does anyone ever get a good enough look at him though? I mean he always comes out at night and seeing him is a blur before he punches your skull into concussion mode.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well, that circles us back to the "there are quite a few times he had discussions" thing.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Ok, but let's keep in mind this is the same universe as Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and soon to be others. If the guy is walking and talking to you and not feeling around a whole lot, most would assume he can see just fine. How? Maybe he has x-ray vision for all these guys know. They live in a world where a billionaire flies around in an armored suit and another thinks he's a god. For these people especially, many of them are recovering from 'the incident' in New York so a guy who beats people up is enough. Unless he tells them he's blind, how do they really know when he doesn't show it. Claire clearly was concerned when she checked his pupils and got no reaction- it was only after speaking to him that she confirmed he was blind.