main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Daredevil (Born Again, Again, Being Filmed Again)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Why is there no season 3!!!!

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I can barely wait!

4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    ...I wasn't even aware they were filming. Unless they filmed Season 3 directly off the back of Season 2?

5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    YES. Always nice to have confirmation.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well. nothing in that "teaser" required new footage from filming. So ... are they even filming yet?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They havent started filming yet. They're filming Defenders at the end of this year (same crew as DD), then Jessica Jones S2 goes into production while, presumably the DD/Defenders crew start prepping DD S3, since "soon" implies 2017, that'd be the earliest slot (and even that assumes Punisher is handled separately or concurrently).

8. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    But "Coming Soon" implies within the next 12 months. They haven't even starting filming Defenders and they're promoting DD-S3 as "soon".

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Depends on if it films concurrently to JJ S2 or after. Luke Cage filmed between Sept-March and Iron Fist started filming in April. Both shows are hitting this fall (or early winter). So, a 6-8 month turnaround, roughly (though that's partially influenced by release dates). If they're starting in early 2017 (going from Defenders to DD S3 as JJ's crew films her show), it could hit in the same timeframe next year.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Netflix has confirmed that they're sticking to 2 shows a year, so 2017 will be Iron Fist & The Defenders.

JJ S2 will shoot back-to-back with The Defenders so that'll likely be the first of the 2018 shows. The second 2018 show would then be either DD S3 or Punisher, with the runner-up in 2019.

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Glurmo: You'll get your season 3 of Daredevil soon enough!
    Fry: That's not soon enough!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Okay Season 3 of Daredevil is the official "They're going to do Born Again" countdown. I mean, everyone wants to do Born Again with Daredevil, even the end of the Affleck Daredevil was setting that up. And in Daredevil Season 2 Fisk flat out said as his last line that he wanted to look into Matt Murdock. So, yeah, I'm calling Season 3 of Daredevil = Born Again. I mean, freakin' Nuke is on Jessica Jones! And he said Gimmie a Red!

Unless Defenders is sort of a Born Again adaptation but I highly doubt a shorter-episode run, which so many heroes attached, would be so Daredevil-centric.

cerealbox likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So I'm finally getting through the rest of the season (watched the first 4 episodes when they debuted, haven't had time until now to pick it up).

Currently on episode 10- and, holy ****,
    THAT is the Kingpin. He is absolutely terrifying. I was on the fence about Vincent's version in the first season (liking it but feeling it wasn't the character...yet) but he's been perfect this season so far.

The last 5 episodes have actually been a big improvement over the first 4 (which were fine but I think it jumped into things a little too quickly- the room to breathe and build mid season here really helped), though the Electra subplot has been a bit repetitive so far.

It also made me realize that Daredevil is one of the very few MCU entries where the character actually has to deal with a secret identity and the troubles and strains that brings upon his personal relationships as he tries to juggle that.

The MCU going the no-secret-identities direction was a fresh take on things after the secret identity angle had been a staple or cliche of the genre on screens big and small over the decades, but we've kinda taken it for granted since then, so it manages to be fresh again in this context where it isn't so common.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    (Season finale spoiler)
    I was actually growing quite tired of him hiding his identity from Karen. It went on far too long, and I was glad to be done with it in the end.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Im glad they didn't drag it out because that would have undone what it was accomplishing. It shouldn't have gone past this season, so i think they found the right balance of digging into the scenario without making it a stretched out premise the show relies upon.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So while I stand by my assertion that "Born Again" is on the table for Season 3, I would also like to officially say "We need Bullseye on the show". C'mon, it's been 2 seasons and no Bullseye. And they took his rightful Elektra slaughter away from him! Bullseye needs to bullseye! I can see keeping him back for S1, and S2 already had too much to throw Bullseye in there as well (also would have been odd with The Punisher as well). But now? Bullseye, please, Daredevil people. Even Charlie Cox sez it's time!

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So I've been rewatching Season 1 this weekend. I really think this show is Marvel Studios' crown jewel.

It exceeds anything WB and FOX have done, too. I daresay its flawless.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    "Flawless" is perhaps too strong a description. That season had quite a few moments that ranged from meh to downright stupid. And that original costume...Jesus. But no doubt, it's still very good tv. None of the following Defender series had the same impact and, in fact, I feel each had diminishing returns.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

It's very well done, easily the best of the Netflix shows, but it's so dour I've not felt compelled to watch the whole thing again. For me, Fox's Legion has been better. Apples and oranges, though.

Random Comments likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    New Season! New showrunner (sourced from Arrow)! More Fisk! (Please give us Bullseye already!)

http://deadline.com/2017/10/daredev...howrunner-season-3-marvel-netflix-1202194518/

It'll be interesting how this plays out from the final closing minutes of The Defenders

"Matt! We thought you were dead!"
    "Yeah, it would have made more sense but I've been tended to by nuns for the last year and a half, what did I miss?"
    "WE HAD A FUNERAL!"
    "Okay, okay, geeze, I'm sorry, alright?!"

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

This one?

[​IMG]

22. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah. I did read that book and know they based that first costume on that outfit. Can't say I'm crazy about it, though. Still, I suppose it's better than the gaudy original yellow & brown costume.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A little cautious that there's a new showrunner- I thought the whole reason DDS3 has taken so long is because that team had to work on Defenders first.

24. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    ....and the show runner is sourced from Arrow.

25. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    This kind of depends on which seasons he produced Arrow for. If it was seasons 1 or 2 (or 5), we're good. If it was seasons 3 or 4, though, uh-oh.

heels1785 likes this.