main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Marvel's Finest

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jeb-, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Hobgoblin

"Here comes the Goblin, king of the sky!! Scream and run, or you will have to die!!" sang Hobby as his glider roared low over the streets. Overall, he was rather pleased with the success of his new intimidation idea. People were falling down, screaming, even now. Once or twice, he had almost thought there was a strange resemblance to hysterical laughter in the posture of some, but this was foolishness, of course.
    Hobby continued singing blithely away, hurling pumpkin bombs left and right to punctuate each stanza. Of course, there only were the two stanzas. This shakespearean ballad was fast becoming Hobby's pride and joy; the first song he had ever composed. Well, not counting that one that had run to the tune of old Gilligan's Island. He had eventually received so much ridicule for that one from various superheroes that he had been forced to discontinue it. But that one didn't really count; after all, it hadn't exactly rhymed.
    Hobby blasted off into the night sky. He planned a big target in a few days, but he had to move slowly. Otherwise, he wouldn't get the right heroes; if someone like Thor turned up, things might get awkward. With another laugh, carefully tailored, Hobby hit the sky.

TAG: Anyone

OOC: For anyone who read my initial message and is confused as to why I changed such a large part of it, the GM had the idea that I should postpone the mayhem until later, to give you guys a chance for some healthy hero chatting. Thanks for telling me, anyway, Jeb. I'm sure the game overall will be better for this little change. :)

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    IC: Cyclops
    Location: Danger Room at Xavier School for the Gifted, 1:30 PM

...alright, Scotty, time to move...

With a quick knee flex, he propelled himself horizontally away from the giant protective boulder, instead rolling straight up into an attack stance, unprotected.

Two Sentinels, standing tall. Nothing new.

Reaching up to adjust his beam to 2nd gear as the giant rock shattered, Scott Summers squinted, and turned his head slightly to the right, generating his cadence in his head. In a most calculated and familiar pattern, he waited, then breathed in, and finally roared out a yell as an ocean of red light exploded from his rectangular visor, painting the dark night enviroment with a blood red coat and shattering the arm cannons on his leftmost opponent.

..alright, nothing new...

Curling his lip and taking a slow breath, he redirected the stream down and over a bit, shattering the giant power bullseye instantly, and the giant bot simply faded away.

...one left, jus--

A giant dust cloud emerged from where he once stood as his limp body was flung through the air, ending as his head cracked against a stone wall with a sickening thud. Beneath his matted, sweaty hair, Scott felt warm blood racing down the back of his head. With one hand, he reached back to wipe some off, rubbing it on the sandy ground. The opponents were imaginary, but the danger was real, and he knew it. He knew it all too well.

Rising to his rock solid feet with anger and his legendary poise, he ratcheted up the power and took a few blistering shots, leaving smoking holes in the less-than-stellar Sentinel.

...almost too easy, but can't get complacent, Scott...

With a flip of a wall switch, the room re-generated itself, and Scott removed his visor, closing his eyes and instead slipping on his sunglasses. He enjoyed fighting with his teammates so much more than alone, but for the time, he needed to get stronger. Something was brewing, he could sense it.

Tag: None, but Kurt/Nightcrawler, we can rendezvous whenever you feel like it! :)

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    GM APPROVED (just so Cyke and Nightcrawler aren't such lonely X-Men)

Real Full Name: Bobby Drake
    Alias: Iceman
    Species: Human/Mutant

Powers/Abilities/Weapons (from marvel.com):
    Iceman is able to lower his external and internal body temperature without harm to himself, thereby radiating intense cold from his body. Iceman is able to reach negative 105 degrees Fahrenheit within a few seconds, and is immune to sub-zero temperatures around him.

In addition, Iceman can freeze any moisture in the air around him into unusually hard ice, and thereby form simple objects such as slides, ladders, shields, and bats. Iceman can also augment his ice form with extraneous moisture to enhance his strength and durability, and can reshape his body's ice form at will by using any available moisture from his surrounding environment. Similarly, Iceman can rebuild his ice form if any part of it is broken or if it is shattered completely without suffering any permanent damage.

Previously, Iceman was able to transform his body into solid ice and back to human form at will. Recently, however, his body has since permanently transformed into solid ice as a result of a secondary mutation.

Iceman also possesses the potential to transport himself quickly over great distances through nearby flows of water by merging his body's molecules with those of the stream.

Weakness(es): Hmm, well Iceman's primary weakness can often be summed up as "lack of initiative," or his interests often lie in women rather than in further developing his powers. He doesn't have outright super-strength or speed, but can use the ice to amp them up.

Height (in foot/inches): 5'8"
    Weight (in pounds): 145lbs.
    Hair Color/Style: Brown, cropped short.
    Eye Color: Brown
    Nationality (if applicable): American - Caucasian

Faction/Team: X-Men

Clothing/Equipment: Nothing special, but refer to picture.

[image=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5439/xmenslideiceman9hs.jpg]

Bio (marvel.com):

Bobby Drake discovered his mutant power to create ice while in his early teens, yet kept his condition hidden from everyone but his parents. Initially, Bobby was unable to stop feeling cold and shivering, but soon managed to keep it under control. When a bully named Rocky Beasely and his friends attacked Bobby and his then-girlfriend, Judy Harmon, the youngster panicked. To save Harmon, Bobby temporarily encased Rocky in ice, thus revealing his abilities for all to see. Believing the boy to be a menace, the townspeople organized a lynch mob. They broke into Bobby's home and overpowered him, but the local sheriff took the teenager into custody for his own protection. Meanwhile, the situation had come to the attention of Professor Charles Xavier, the telepathic mentor of the team of teenage mutant super heroes the X-Men.

Professor X dispatched his first X-Man, Cyclops, to contact Bobby. Cyclops stole into the jailhouse as planned, but the two began fighting when Bobby refused to accompany him. Caught by the lynch mob, Cyclops and Bobby were about to be hanged when they broke free. Professor X used his mental powers to halt the townspeople in their tracks and erase their memories of Bobby's powers. A grateful Bobby then accepted Xavier's invitation to enrol at his School for Gifted Youngsters and took the codename Iceman. Though initially granting him a snow-like form, Bobby soon learned to increase his degree of cold control resulting in an ice-like, almost transparent form.

Hated and feared by humanity, the X-Men honed their amazing abilities while standing in defense of a world pushed to the brink of genetic war by a handful of mutant terrorists. Iceman, the team's youngest founding member, became known as the comedian of the group. Regardless, he pulled his weight and worked well with rest of the team.

Following a short break-up after believing their mentor was dead, the X

4. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    GM OOC: Thanks Ptolemy (and the rest of you) for being such awesome players and cooperating with all of the rules and somesuch I've posted thus far. Keep it up! Also, I've let heels take control of a second X-Men character, seeing as the X-Men play a lot of emphasis on teamwork and unity, and they're gonna need more than just two Mutants to make it such. I hope the rest of you don't mind. :)

[b]Peter Parker[/b]
    [i]~Manhattan Alley, New York~[/i]

Peter raced through the dim alleyway that seperated several dull brown project buildings from one another. The [i]New Balance[/i] jogging sneakers which adorned his nimble feet slammed against the grimy ground, splashes of murky rain water from a few nights ago spraying around mildly with every step. Pete reached up, grabbing the collar of his dark blue jacket, ripping it off and tossing it aside.

This was gonna cost him a good hour or two from class at [i]NYU[/i], which meant even [i]more[/i] overdue homework, essays, and projects on his table. Parker didn't mind, however. The safety of his fellow New Yorkers was more important. The wise words of his Uncle Ben, which had been welded into his mind for so many years now, was more important. It was the fuel that enraged the burning flame within him. The only thing that kept him going during the worst of times: [i]"With Great Power.. comes Great Responsibilty..."[/i]

Peter reached into the backside of the formfitting blue trousers of his costume, pulling out his trademark red mask. He yanked it on over his brown-haired skull; those big, eerie white eyes flashing with intensity as he kicked upwards with both legs. Soon, he was a good 15 (roughly 150 feet) stories high, easily over-powering the height of the large brick building (which was only 10 stories) before him.

He landed atop the said apartment building, sprinting up towards the edge. When he was just a few feet away from it, he dived off the corner, descending a few dozen feet before extending his right arm, sending a line of clear grey webbing at a sturdy corner of a building. He grabbed onto the webbing, swinging towards the direction of the patrol cars.

------------

[b]Spider-Man[/b]

Suddenly, a dull thud was heard from within one of the two patrol cars. The strange sound coming from the speeding vehicle's roof. The passenger cop looked up out of the window, shotgun in hand. [i]"What da?!"[/i]

"Hey there! What seems to be the problem, Officer?", hollared Spider-Man sarcastically, bringing up a hand to his forehead in a militaresque salute to the [[i]unknowningly[/i]] crooked cop. The cop didn't waste much time explaining, and simply lowered his weapon, pointing up towards the sky. [i]"Clouds.."[/i]

"Clouds? What?", Spidey looked up, only to see a man catapulting himself up a good 200 or more feet into the air with a single, effortless bound. His Spider Sense hadn't gone off, and with reason, for the suspect wasn't attempting hostilities, but merely to escape the Feds. But obviously, he was wanted for something, and before the cop could mention what it was, Spider-Man sprang vertically up and sideways. Shooting another line of webbing, Spidey veered away from the fiasco a bit, yelling, "Slow down! I've got an idea!"

------------

After a few seconds, Spider-Man had gone around a few blocks, and ended up ahead of the rest of them, including [i]Cloud[/i]. He swung around the last building, and extended legs as he landed on the side of the building, sticking to it by the soles of his feet. He reached out with both hand at the building across from his, shooting a pair of twin weblines. He held on to it and pulled tightly.

This would create a sort of make-shift tight rope. And if Spidey had made his calculations accordingly, Cloud would be unexpecting of the trap and run into it mid-leap, causing him to halt violently and slam down towards the street below, where a chance for apprehension could be met..

[b]TAG:[/b] [i]Cloud..[/i]

5. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Dynamo

Dynamo sat up abruptly as Spider-Man entered the screen. That was not particularly expected. HE had heard of Spider-Man, of course, but had never put much stock in his abiities... until the day he would get to see them for himself. Spider-Man had not been a big hero when Dynamo had been in New York... or if he was, Dynamo never saw him. This whole scene was catching his interest quite well. He even let his facial disguise slip, turning back into the face of Marcus Grober. rfealizing this and not wanting to bother trying to keep it up, he moved the magnets in the door and locked the door. He was riveted to the news as Spider-Man disappeared. His idea was beging to take a much firmer shape.

TAG: None for now

6. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Cloud
    Manhattan Streets

Cloud leaped, large step by large step, bound by bound. He was beginning to lose the police cars as he noticed many of Manhattan's citizens gathering along the streets, the adults' jaws dropped and their eyes wide open to where the sockets almost popped out of them. The children, their parents' hands on their shoulders, looked on in amazement, smiles of glee and amazement filling their awestruck faces. Cloud tipped his head as he continued to leap, smiling at the children and waving occasionally. The parents were a different story, however. Cloud looked down upon them with anger, disapproval, and hate for their stereotypical ways. Were people like him so bad? Why couldn't humans, mutants, and humans of Cloud's type not live in peace and serenity, sharing Earth like two children halfing a cookie? He didn't understand it, and closed is eyes in disappointment. They would get what they deserved.

Closing his eyes was not the brightest idea, for as soon as they opened, they widened. There, in front of him, as stiff as a statue, were prodigious webs. Spiderman, Cloud thought. He now had no control over he leap, and the webbing came into contact with his neck, causing his current path to go awry, and his body. Flipping and sailing to the hard concrete floor below, his brown jacket flew off revealing a grey tanktop that defined his muscular stature. Cloud braced his muscles, for he was about to endure the most pain that he had in a while. Physically, anyway.

Crack! Cloud landed on the concrete street below as cars screeched, honked, and crashed into each other, a fire hydrant busting and water flying out of it at huge speeds, knocking some spectators to their backs. Cloud had landed on his side, his neck popping in and out of socket and causing him to fall victim to a severely painful headache. Fortunately, that was the only major injury he suffered, albeit there were cuts and bruises all along his body. His legs hurt to much to begin leaping again, and he wouldn't be able to outrun Spiderman and the police. So he lied there like a lifeless puppet, waiting for either the police to arrest him or the Spider to question him.

Tag: Spiderman

7. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Dynamo saw the fall. It looked painful. Obviously, things were over for this guy. However, Dynamo saw possibilities. The spirit shown by the leaping wonder on the news seemed impressive. Perhaps he did not appear to be the brightset, btu that didn't matter. He was being chased by Spider-Man, so that meant he had done something wrong. That also insinuated that he was a possible ally. It was a risky move Dynamo was about to make, but it was a risk he was willing to take. If nothing else, he could relocate again. Dynamo stood, and left his office, the TV shutting off in the process. He had donned his facial "maks" again, and told his secretary he'd be gone for a few days and to hold his calls. He moved up into the streets of Chicago and arrived minutes later at his penthouse.

He changed into the respectable character of Marcus Grober, energy tycoon. He stooped by the kitchen, where Jill was cooking. "I'll be in New York for the next few days. Unexpected business." She started to say something, but Marcus was already in the elevator. Twenty minutes later he was sitting on a private jet to New York City.

TAG: None

OOC: Figure I can start interacting now. Hope you don't mind :p

8. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Sorry to do this so early in the proceedings, but I will be away from Thursday until Saturday. Heels, could to have Kurt tag along with the other X-Men until I get back please?

Livi

9. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: Two things to make clear- I will be posting today (Tuesday) and Wednesday. Then there'll be nothing from me until Saturday. Feel free to drop me a PM until Thursday if this causes a problem :)

Also, due to relative age of the other X-Men I'm pegging Kurt at 26. Just to keep everything cohesive.

[b]IC: Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler[/b] [i]The X-Mansion, just outside the Danger Room[/i]

Kurt was bored. When out of missions, he had quite a short attention span and this led to the pranks and tricks he was famous for. He'd spent most of the day watching Errol Flynn films while upside-down and had managed to give himself a headache similar to the ones he got from 'porting too often. This led the fuzzy blue mutant to be walking outside the Danger Room in search of painkillers when Scott emerged. Kurt smiled and lifted a three-fingered hand.

"Guten abend, Scott. Giving the Danger Room a workout, eh?"

[b][TAG Scott/Cyclops][/b]

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    OOC: Sure, Livi, I won't move him much, but I'll mention him just to establish his presence in the mansion. Oops, I posted at the same point as you, I'll amend.

IC: Cyclops and Iceman

As his chest still heaved a bit from his "workout," Scott Summers confidently strode down the metallic blue walls of the X-Mansion, his mind hard at work, trying to reason with his sudden sense of despair. He possessed no sort of Wolverinish sense of danger, however, through his experience as the leader and field commander of the X-Men, his eyes had been opened to the almost normal time gap in between conflicts--and it had been a while since he had left the Mansion, thankfully. Magneto, of course, stirred the pot most often, however this time he sensed something lurking elsewhere--something more elusive and discrete.

"Scott, long time no see."

Wheeling slowly on his blue boots, Cyclops was pleased to see Bobby Drake's image through his red-tinted glasses.

"Bobby, good to see you, son. How was your trip?"

Bobby's neck tightened inside his black leather X-suit upon the mention of his recent disaster of a trip, in which he had unsuccessfully gone to reason with his parents again. His eyes nervously darted to the cold steel floor, as he answered through the corner of his mouth:

"Umm, not so good, I'm sorry to say."

Scott, as if on cue, took a step over and placed his firm right hand on Bobby's shoulder, squeezing it to comfort him, and perhaps to transmit some of his confidence into the boy they called Iceman.

"It's not your fault, remember that. If they can't accept that you're a mutant now, they will in time. You just have to be patient, and that's hard for all of us."

Bobby raised his head slightly, and forced a grimace. There was a distinct reason why Scott Summers led their team--never before had Bobby met someone so grounded in terms of humility and reason, yet so reassuring and confident when it came to dealing with others. He coughed softly and nodded back at the towering figure.

"Thanks, man. Oh, Kurt was wandering around the mansion, I think he was looking for you."

Scott's heart dipped a bit--it was as if his realizations were slowly coming true. When Kurt spoke to him, something was usually wrong. He had such great respect for the reverent mutant, but now, he dreaded seeing him.

Seeing that Bobby was still struggling, Scott put his arm on the boy's shoulder and guided him down the hall, off to find the creature they called the Nightcrawler.

--
    Right around the bend stood the small, yet imposing Kurt Wagner.

"Guten abend, Scott. Giving the Danger Room a workout, eh?"

Scott smiled. "Yes, old friend, just working these old bones a little."

His throughts wandered around, and now he sensed something distinctive about Kurt through his persona--he was at peace, nothing was wrong at all, or at least not with Wagner, as Cyclops affectionately called him.

...blast, Scott, being too paranoid, got to harness that...

"Kurt, up for a little TV? I'm gonna get out of this uniform and relax some, try to catch up on the news a bit."

Assuming Bobby would follow, Cyclops nodded to Kurt and began to head out into the main hall.

Tag: Nightcrawler (I'll be away all day today, too, so I'll be patient for as long as you need me to be, no worries. ;))

OOC: I forgot to mention this, I actually am going to go with the movie interpretation of the X-Men's uniforms (the black leather X-Suits), at least for Scott and Bobby, I find the comic ones to be a little much.

11. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler

"Yes, old friend, just working these old bones a little."

Scott smiled back as he replied, but Kurt saw a look of concern cross his friend's face. Cyclops had always been a little uptight, and had spent much of the early years constantly telling the new X-Men how the old X-Men had done things, or angsting about the loss of another team member. The mutant seemed to have no 'off' switch- he was always, always 'battle-ready'. Kurt supposed that that was a good thing for a team leader, but it kind of put a damper on having fun.

Not that being blue and furry didn't.

"Kurt, up for a little TV? I'm gonna get out of this uniform and relax some, try to catch up on the news a bit."

"Sure." Kurt grinned. "Race you!"

Bamf!

The sensation was like a sneeze, only all over. He was used to getting ripped from this dimension and then hurled back, but it didn't mean that he liked it. Far from it. The first time Nightcrawler had teleported, he'd tossed his cookies all over a very suprised Stefan. Things had improved since then, but it always left him a little disorientated. As it was, Kurt dropped onto the sofa in front of the television and relaxed, waiting for Scott and Bobby.

[TAG Scott, Bobby]

12. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Hobby was performing one of his favorite villainous pastimes; watching a gameshow with great interest. His little raid the evening before had been fairly successful, receiving some press coverage, but not enough to attract a heavy-duty hero. Hobby chuckled. Everything was going according to plan.
    He turned his attention back to The Wheel of Fortune without further ado. He urged the contestant spiritedly as to the answer; perhaps too spiritedly, as his slight squirming on his couch managed to touch the remote control and change the channel.
    "Good evening," said a newscaster seriously. "Supervillain attacks have been on the rise all across Manhattan. All civilians are warned to be cautious, as this may be an ongoing threat."
    Hobby, who had been angrily groping for the remote, which had inexplicably slipped between the cushions of his sofa, glanced up in sudden interest, a wide smile spreading across his face.
    "For more information, here is Dr. Damian Rhein, a psycho-analyst and a member of a branch of SHIELD called PAID, or Paranormal Attacks Information and Defense. Dr. Rhein? What do you think of the recent attacks by various superhumans on the city?"
    Rhein, a tall, elderly man with a goatee, appeared on the television. He began speaking immediately. "It's difficult to tell the origin or reasoning behind them, but we do know that most of them seem to fairly low-scale recently. Yet in cannot be denied that these are on the rise. As no one has yet been seriously injured or killed, we may be inclined to overlook them, but that we must not do!" Rein frowned. "These...criminals...are very dangerous, many insane. They have to be stopped!"
    "Er...thank you, Dr. Rhein," said the newscaster, a bit uncertainly. "Here is a clip now of a recent paranormal development."
    Hobby, who had been performing a little jig, pleased with the publicity of his antics, froze. He had been caught on camera? All the better!
    But when the clip came on, it was not of Hobby at all, but of a man without even a suit, bounding ahead of a few police cars, leaping high above the street. As the stunned Hobgoblin watched in disbelief, the mad villain was knocked down by a familiar webslinger, and surrounded by police cruisers instantly.
    The newscaster reappeared. "In a minor note, there has also been an unproven report of the Green Goblin being sighted near Queens. On another topic, airline prices have been on the rise recently...."
    Hobby stared in disbelief, and growing rage. A minor note, was he? Throw him in at the end of a broadcast, would they? Get his name wrong, would they? With a snarl, Hobby put a fist through the television.

TAG: No one, for now.

OOC: I might not be with you guys for a little bit, so I thought I'd bring Hobby up to date. Just keep on with what you're doing; Hobby isn't going to go racing out to combat rivals or anything. After all, there's still The Price is Right to enjoy, no?;)

13. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    Spider-Man
    ~Streets of Manhattan~

Thwip!

Another adhesive line of webbing caught a ledge above Spider-Man, a ledge protruding off the side of the building that he was on. With the hand that shot it, and the other, he grabbed hold of the web's end, leaning back until he was hanging feet first. He descended a few stories until he was several feet above and to the side of his recently fallen adversary, a single hand coming up to wave at him, trying to clear the cobwebs (tee hee) so as to get his attention.

"Let me guess..", began Peter with a masked smirk, now fuly upside-down in one of his many legendary poses. "The NBA didn't give you the time of day, so you decided to give us citizens a hard time over your own frustration? Or am I way off?"

Spidey shrugged, looking down at Howard's sprawled out figure. Using the same hand as before, he waved away a few all-too-eager officers who were more than ready to cuff up Cloud and throw him in the backseat. Whatever wrong the young man might've done, he still demanded some answers as to the specifics before continuing his vigilant watch over the city...

Go Spidey, Go!

TAG: Cloud..

14. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Howard Alexander/Cloud
    Manhattan streets, New York

Cloud lied on the uncomfortable concrete ground as cars began to back up for blocks, some drivers yelling profanities out of their rolled down windows. Sometimes I forget how friendly New York is, Howard thought to himself as he tried to cease the bleeding of a wound on his upper right arm, pressing down on it with his left hand. He was expecting Spiderman a bit sooner, but he was becoming a little anxious, so he surmised it just seemed like it was taking him longer than it veritably was. At last, the Spider had arrived, hanging upside down in his infamous pose. Where the source of the web was, Howard did not know.

"Let me guess," Spiderman said in a somewhat faint voice due to his face-concealing mask. "The NBA didn't give you the time of day, so you decided to give us citizens a hard time over your own frustration? Or am I way off?"

Howard noticed Spiderman waving off a few officers with guns and handcuffs in their hands. He attempted to speak as he normally did, but felt a severe chest pain replacing his voice. He relaxed himself on the ground, which wasn't an easy thing to do, and spoke in between breaths. "Hah... After I accidentally jumped over... the goal, they decided... I wasn't fit for the sport," he joked. "Luckily, I told them... my name was Stan Rhodes... so they don't know who I... really am. But Spidey... why question me? Why not let... these crooked cops... have their way? After all... I don't believe you favor... us criminals."

15. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Marcus

Marcus sat on his private jet. It was fast, and there wasn't that much ground between New York City and Chicago. He'd be there soon. He was following the events in New York with great interest via the news being broadcast and recieved by the plane. He was quite anxious to land. he had no idea why. There wasn't even any spectaular aspect of this man's powers. However, Marcus seemed drawn to him> he jsut had a good feeling about him. Well, given the present situation, a bad feeling. He was extremely restless the remainder of the trip.

TAG: Noe right now

16. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    IC: Captain America

A tiny comic book shop in new york, had today just met its first pair of robbers, they swooped in on the employes like a pair of hungry wolves...

"Stick e'm up! NOW!"

"Gime me the money!" Then they rushed outside only to meet a sheild with a white star on it...Smack! Captain America turned to the second one and said

"Drop it now andyou won't have to serve to many years in jail."

"Yah right!" Then the thug emptyed out his ammo on the cap, which he simply blocked with his shield, then he sprang forward and wacked the guy on the chin...The police rolled in, thanked the cap and took the guys off to the bin...

Just another day...

TAG: Anyone

17. -Jeb-

Feb 18, 2006
    Spider-Man
    ~Manhattan Street~

"Hah... After I accidentally jumped over... the goal, they decided... I wasn't fit for the sport," joked Cloud, his battered frame sprawled out on the cold concrete. Peter looked back and fro, the sky and the ground switching places because of his unorthodox position. He eyed the traffic that had been backed up a good mile or so from the radius of the scene. Beeps from the horns, and the profanities being thrown out. This was taking longer than expected, Peter had to visist his aunt, and some classes to attend later that day.

Howard continued, "Luckily, I told them... my name was Stan Rhodes... so they don't know who I... really am. But Spidey... why question me? Why not let... these crooked cops... have their way? After all... I don't believe you favor... us criminals." Spider-Man's eyes shifted in a confused when he heard the words "crooked cop". Then suddenly he heard one of the men mumble, "****, he knows!"

His Spider Sense went off, sending his being into an unvoluntary frenzy. Spidey dropped down, crouching in a way that was impossible to accomplish by any normal person. One cop pulled out a tazer, aiming it at Spidey as he stuttered, "D-don't m-m-mo-! Ugh!". Webbing found it's way to the lousy bastard's eyes, blinding him, causing him to shoot his partner instead, frying him to a near coma.

Peter snatched up Cloud by the length of his t-shirt, hoisting him up on one shoulder as he jumped up high to a rooftop, evading stray bullets from the last of the boys-in-blue left behind. The two of them were gone...

-------

Cloud was laid down on the surface of a high building, his back up against the roof entrance door to help him sit up. Peter scratched his head, looking off into the horizon over the egde of the large building. "So.. crooked cops. What's new?"

TAG: Cloud

18. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Marcus saw teh conversation continue. They were only half an hour out of New York. He'd ahve to compliment his technology department. This was a fine jet indeed. Fastest he ahd ever been in. Things were looking good... until some words were said, and a cop pulled a taser. Spidey retaliated, the cops got hurt, and the super hero pulled away the incredible, leaping wonder. This agrivated Marcus. He slammed his fist on the armrest, losing control and sending electricity coursing through the entire plane. Luckily, it was only shut down for a few seconds, and everything was wroking jsut ifne as the plane regained control. The TV was smoking however, with an extremely blown up appearence.

This was not good for Marcus. Throwing him in jail would have bene ideal. It would have made it easy for Marcus to find this leaping man and recruit him to his side. Now that spidey had a hold of him... well... things would be getting interesting from here on. Marcus may be spending more time in New York than he origanally intended.

TAG: None

19. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Howard Alexander
    Rooftop

Howard Alexander landed on the rooftop, his body now perched against the small catwalk that aligned the perimeter of the top of the building. He scratched his bald head in confusion, as the Spiderman stood in front of him gazing into the horizon in the distance. He shifted his body, noticing that most of his cuts had stopped bleeding, and the pain in his arm had eased a bit. This didn't negate the pain fully, though, and Howard gave a soft, "Ugh" in annoyance. His grey tanktop was ripped at his right ribcage, and holes had formed at both knees of his blue jeans. Damn, he thought. Now I look like those Hollister preppies.

"So.. crooked cops. What's new?" Spiderman said through his red mask that fully engulfed his concealed face.

Howard sometimes wondered what the Spider looked like beneath the mask. He was apt to be some badass whose alter-ego drove motorcycles and picked up chicks for a living. A life Howard once knew.

"Crooked and high," Howard said, discovering that he could now speak normally with only slight pain in his chest. "That was a pretty good show you put on back there. Now I guess we're both criminals, eh?" He gave a soft laugh. "Why did you do it? I mean, all I am is a petty criminal who robs grocery stores to make a living for his fam-" he stopped, "for himself."

Howard rubbed his goatee as he awaited a response, hoping that Spiderman hadn't noticed the quirk in his speech.

20. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Ah, i was going to wait to land, but what's the point?

Marcus got off the plane and made his way to where the incident ahd occured. The taxi ride was a long one, and by the time he arrived at the scene, there was nothing left... particularly no trail. This aggrivated him all the more. He also did not like the fact that he was out in a not-so-nice part of New York City, dressed in his business suit. He should have chosen better. Regardless, he made his way into the alley he had seen Spidey escape into. He scanned it for any sign of the two. on the ground was a torn piece of fabric, like the shirt the leaper had been wearing. zexcelent. At least I knwo they came this way. Marcus stood as he heard signs behind him.

"Hey, what's a fancy guy like you doin in an alley like this? Looks like he's about to get mugged to me." There was a stupid laugh,a nd Marcus turned to see some punk standing there, brandishing a knife. "Now give me all your stuff."

Marcus replied with a simple, "No." and shocked the man until he was nearly dead. he then grabbed the knife and thrust it into his heart. As an after tjhought, he stole the dead man's wallet, jsut for the irony of the situation. He continued down the alley, leaving the smoldering corpse behind him.

TAG: None, any, whatever

21. agap_afima

agap_afima Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    IC: Doctor Doom
    Latverian Castle

It had been yet another eventless day here in Latveria. Doctor Doom peered out his window at the teeming masses of peasants. They were like sheep, bumbling around, waiting for the slaughter. Doom hadn't seen his enemies, the Fantastic Four, lately. That was good and bad. Good, because Doom was still cleaning up the damage from their last visit, and bad because he needed something to do. Maybe he could create another doomsday weapon, or go back in time and mess something up. Doom always loved apocalyptic weapons, so he would create another one. That's what he would do. He smiled underneath his metallic mask. "I'll put it in...New York City," he said to himself. Doctor Victor von Doom left his room, cape swirling behind him.

TAG: Anyone, No one...

22. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Hobby was furious; in fact, he was positively livid. The news story had shocked him, and what was more, rent his plan to tatters. Now how was he going to attract superheroes to be vanquished? They would be looking for the Green Goblin, who was, when all was said and done, a completely different villain.
    For a few days, Hobby had remained moodily in his secret base, alternating between fits of helpless rage, in which he smashed a lot of his less valuable possessions, and spells of moping in which he sat around lethargically, staring at the ceiling.
    But finally, Hobby had come up with a plan. By his standards, a faultless, brilliant, ingenious, clever, intellectually advanced, devastatingly simple and complex all at once piece of scheming of marvelous proportions. By the standards of others, perhaps a fairly average idea. And that was being generous.
    Hobby had eventually come to the conclusion that the same news station that could be used detrimentally to his overall plot could also be a significant aid (a major plus is that he would get to beat up the swarmy anchor who had misread and discounted his name. The idea of beating up the writer hadn't occured to Hobby). Therefore, at approximately a quarter to six, as the shadows of the more innocent civilians became long, the Hobgoblin blasted across the sky, bearing an extra bit of equipment in his goblin bag (the Goblin serum he had taken at the beginning of his dententionary-inclined career had given him an immense genius as to machinery. Whether it conferred this on any of his other faculties is debatable).
    Hobby's goal: the news station, which was just about to display its live evening broadcast.

TAG: No one, anyone.

OOC: Note: I know this is getting monotonous, but I'm afraid I won't be here for tomorrow (Friday), and probably not for Saturday as well. Fortunately, when I return, I'll have more time to write.[face_dancing] P.S. Sorry if this particular post has a few of you scrambling for your dictionaries: I just got off reading one of the English classics...enough said.

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Marcus/Dynamo

Marcus was getting aggrivated. He had been wandering the streets of New York for a little bit now, and found nothing. He was twenty bucks richer though. He went back to his hotel, coming to the conclusion that he needed to change tactics. As he entered hotel room, he removed his nice coat, took off his clothes and went into the bathroom> several minutes later, eh was changed into his Dynamo outfit. Feeling freer than before, he "powere-ed up," allowing his kin to turn the tell-tale irridescent blue, and his eyes to glaze over with that pale, whitish light. His skin sparkled, and his hair spiked up white. Things were good. He felt in control. He felt powerful. Also, he figured a new villian in New York would draw Spidey out, leaving the leaping wonder open for corruption. With confidence, he strolled over to the window, threw it open, and leapt out.

TAG: Any

24. Dark-Enigma

Feb 8, 2006
    Co-GM Note: This is the final original character that will be accepted into this game, as of now. Further proposed characters must originally be from the Marvel universe. :)

[b]Real Full Name:[/b] Ashley Lantala
    [b]Alias:[/b] Aqua
    [b]Age:[/b] 24
    [b]Gender:[/b] Female
    [b]Species:[/b] Mutant
    [b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] Can mostly do anything that involves water. She can breath in it (does not have gills, just the ability), create it, manipulate it, and become it.
    [b]Weaknesses:[/b] Generic human weaknesses.
    [b]Height:[/b] 5' 4"
    [b]Weight:[/b] 105 lbs.
    [b]Hair Color/Style:[/b] Long, hanging over the top of her back, brown
    [b]Nationality:[/b] Caucasian
    [b]Faction/Team:[/b] Neutral (Anti-hero)
    [b]Clothing/Equipment:[/b] When not Aqua, Ashley is adorned in casual clothing. When assuming the identity of Aqua, she wears a skin-tight light blue jumpsuit, with a white A on the chest.
    [b]Biography:[/b] Ashley Lantala dealt with a myriad of struggles during her youth. Born unto Mutant parents with similar abilities as her, she was expelled from school in second grade due to revealing her Mutant power during a detention, becoming angry with the teacher and sending a barrage of water towards her.

Growing up in the streets after her parents died of unknown causes, Ashley was forced to begin thievery in order to survive at the age of fifteen. She used her powers to disguise herself as a mere puddle, and infiltrated convenience stores and gas stations, only taking what was necessary. Furious with the way that she was treated on the streets due to her Mutant status, she possessed no qualms for the crimes that she committed.

When she was twenty-two, she met a man who was neither Mutant like her, nor human. Ironically enough, she met him during a burglary of a local grocery store, where both were attempting to rob the place. When the police caught up with them, Ashley assisted the man who called himself Cloud in escaping, with their stolen goods in hand.

After getting to know each other, Cloud and Ashley began a romantic relationship, dating over the weekends, and meeting each other whenever they could find the time, which was quite often. They became partners in punishing the streets of Manhattan for their negative attitude toward Mutants, and Ashley assumed the identity of Aqua. Unlike her new spouse, Aqua?s veritable personality of Ashley Lantala has been revealed to the world, and she now cannot show her face to Manhattan, for fear of being outnumbered by the pessimistic humans and bringing harm to herself. Now she and Cloud must meet in secret, hiding themselves from the outside world, as they both continue their streak of vengeance.

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Nice character there enigma. :D

The wind rushed past Dynamos face, sizzling against his skin. He closed his eyes, savoring the feeling, as his sparking form decended towards the concrete below. At the last moment, he flipped in mid-air, creeated a minor magnetic field, and hovered there. He rose to the top of the nearest building, going slowly. His flight abilities were limited at best. They utilized the Earth's own amgnetic field to levitate him through the air. He was not very good at it yet, as he had only recently decided to attempt it. Uneasily, he landed on top of the building. He glanced around and made up his mind for the best place to get the most attention. The empire State Building.

TAG: Any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.