1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Marvel's Finest

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jeb-, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat5451 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 26, 2005
    star 4
    Havok

    "One more, and you'll never be welcomed back, trust me."

    "I wouldn't have it any other way." he muttered to himself. Rasputin, he remembered him. An artist in the body of steel. Able to change into a weird metallic substance at will, and a russian accent to boot. Nicknamed Colossus because he was so huge. Havok smiled to himself, Hobgoblin. He had heard about that villain. He knew that this would be a hard mission, but wondered if he would be welcomed to join. Anyways, he watched as his brother sprinted away. Then he remembered that his uniform was still in his car. He walked out, to his car and got his things. All he needed was his helmet, his uniform was his 'undershirt'. He decided not to put the helmet on, but instead put it in his backpack that he brought inside with him. Inside of the large, black backpack, was his helmet and his sunglasses. He then walked back inside, and stood at the doorway, waiting for some orders from his brother.

    [Tag:] Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Iceman, anyone

    OOC: I will wait for Nightcrawler to post, so I can start Colossus
  2. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2003
    star 6
    OOC: All X-Men go ahead and head down to the Jet, I'll be meeting you all there.
  3. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler

    "Kurt, we have a situation in Manhattan. While I was getting dressed, a transmission was patched through to the NewsNet. He's called Hobgoblin, and he's got hostages. Gather who you can, Kurt, try and contact Rasputin, he should be around.

    "Ja." Kurt nodded, getting to his feet. He was sure he'd seen Rasputin somewhere close... well, how hard could it be to spot a mutant who called himself Colossus?

    Scott took a deep breath and pressed his lips together firmly, before giving his final pre-mission order:

    "Brace yourselves, gentlemen. This one's no amateur, and there is going to be mass hysteria everywhere. We're leaving in two minutes."

    Wagner walked out into the hallway. He was sure he'd seen Rasputin around here just a couple of minutes ago.

    "RASPUTIN! Ve have a mission!"

    [TAG Colossus, Scott, others]
  4. Pat5451 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 26, 2005
    star 4
    Rasputin/ Colossus
    [Location:] In his room
    Rasputin turned over onto his side. He was having a dream, but he couldn't remember it. He heard someone calling him in his dreams, but then noticed that it was Kurt, or Nightcrawler. "RASPUTIN! Ve have a mission!" said the mutant. It took the half awake Rasputin a couple of minutes to wake up. He pulled the sheets off of his body, he was only wearing boxors and pajama pants, and stretched, yawning loudly. He stumbled over to his dresser, and put on one of his shirts. He then opened the door, hearing the familiar creak and smelling the scent of the day.

    "What?" he asked, his Russian acent as strong as ever. He still was trying to wake up, but then the words of the German elf registered in his mind, and he was wide awake. He cursed himself for waking up so late, but he had a hard night again. He walked over to a window, to try and see if it was close or in the city, and saw Havok's car in the driveway. He smiled, and turned around to go meet up with the little blue German elf. He finally found him, after searching quickly, and smiled again. "Who and where this time Kurt? And who does that car belong to?" he said, pausing for a moment. He waited for the reply.

    [Tag:] Kurt


  5. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2003
    star 6
    IC: Cyclops
    Location: Cockpit, X-Jet


    ...hmm, this one, this one...and, this one...

    As the concrete basketball court above the ship began to open, Scott Summers fired the boosters and checked the shields.

    ...oh, and this one!...

    A loud, wailing siren went off in the X-Mansion, it screeched and squealed so loudly that all sleeping beauties would be awoken quite easily. Flipping on his intercom, Cyclops bellowed out:

    "I said now, gentlemen! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!"

    ...if only Jean were here, we could handle this threat alone...



    Tag: Havok/Nightcrawler/Colossus

    OOC: :p Just somethin to get your blood going, fellas.
  6. Pat5451 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 26, 2005
    star 4
    Havok
    Havok ran as fast as he could, to the X-Jet. He hated those sirens, and if he hadn't toed the line he would have killed his brother then and there, but there was a mission. "Hey Kurt, Bobby, Rasputin, get down here!" he bellowed, his voice ringing in the hallways. As he reached the X-Jet, he walked inside.

    "Hey Scott, where are Storm, Jean, and the rest of them?" he asked curious. He would have thought that ateast Jean or Storm would have been here. He looked at his brother, and waited for the others to get here. He could drive there faster than this, but decided not to, traffic is harsh at this time. And, now he had a headache, oh great, just what he needed. Those sirens were getting quite annoying at this time.

    [TAG:] Anyone


    OOC: Oh great, now I get to talk to myself...
  7. Ptolemy7 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Mar 11, 2006
    star 2
    IC: Hobgoblin

    Hobby was bored. He had abused his hostages on national TV, smashed up the CBS office on national TV, and demonstrated his preternatural abilities, also on national TV. In fact, everything Hobby did was on national television at the moment.
    And what was he doing? Well, at this precise instant, Hobby was playing solitaire with his feet up on the desk. He stretched widely, gave the camera a loud cackle, and turned back to his game.

    TAG: Any

    OOC: I've been kind of busy lately, so this is pretty much a post to let you know I'm still here.
  8. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    Dec 10, 2003
    star 6
    IC: Scott Summers
    Location: Cockpit, X-Jet


    Scott's black boot tapped nervously on the floorboard. He adjusted his sunglasses and looked over at Iceman, now strapped into the front passenger seat.

    "Bobby, call Daniels, tell him we're coming in."


    "Gotcha, Scott."


    All of a sudden Havok's voice rang out in the back seat, competing severely with the horrific siren, which would continue to blast until every single one of the members of this strike team was aboard.

    "Hey Scott, where are Storm, Jean, and the rest of them?"

    "Your guess is as good as mine, now strap yourself in, no time for questions."

    As he finished his quick exchange with his brother, Cyclops nodded to Bobby, who began to speak:


    "Officer Daniels, this is Bobby Drake."

    Daniels was one of the top lieutenants in the NYPD, and had a working relationship with Scott and the X-Men, or at least knew when to get out of the way.

    "We've gained intel on the Hobgoblin, we'll be there in less than 5 minutes, please clear the streets, and have your men take cover immediately."


    "Bobby, you don't give me orders, unfortunately. Where have you guys been, sleeping? He's been reeking havoc on the city for some time now, and we've gotten no reply from you! What, when Summers gets slack his little ducklings can't b--"

    Scott, butting in, yelled firmly over to the comlink:

    "Daniels, I understand that this is already a bad situation, that is why you must let us do our job. I want no civilian casualties, so please do as we ask, and do not ask questions. Everyone clear out, and get as many out of that building as you can!"

    He turned to Bobby and motioned for him to turn off the connection before Daniels could respond.

    Now Scott's foot was not tapping, it was pounding. He slammed his fist on the controls, just waiting.

    "Bobby, pull up the report on this Hobgoblin."

    A blue screen expanded over the control panel, and an image of a demonic armed creature appeared.

    "Specs."

    Using the voice-activated function, his weaponry information popped up.

    ...no way...

    Scott ripped the dashboard comlink off, and drew it to his mouth, dialing Daniels' code in with his right thumb.

    Static hissed, followed by a flurry of words in a familiar angry New York accent:


    "Summers, it's getting bad down here, and you felt the need to hang up on me last time. This had better be good."

    "My apologies, sir, but we had an incomplete file on this Hobgoblin, we were not aware of his flying capabilities. Ororo and Jean aren't with me, I'm going to need your help if he goes airborne, I don't have anyone with me to fly this ship well enough to track him if I'm stuck on the ground, which will be almost a certainty."

    Bobby's usual pale skin grew flushed in embarrassment upon hearing this. He had been having trouble activating his powers as of late, and knew that, should he be at 100 percent, something wild like this would never be needed. On a normal day, he'd have no trouble freezing Goblin in midair, or better yet, iceboard after him to catch him. He bowed his head down and away, and crunched his neck down into his leather suit as best he could.

    Daniels was already growling in a muffled voice, clearly to hide from his fellow officers:

    "No way, Scott, I know you too well, and you know I can't authorize something like that. We've got choppers in the area, they will have to do. Besides, can't you just shoot him down!"

    "Neither Alex or I could take a shot at him without possibly risking the life of any bystanders, and collateral damage is the last thing we need here, I think you'd agree! As for your choppers, if you're going to rely on those things, then you're going to risk him getting away. I can do my best with
  9. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler

    Kurt grinned a fang-filled grin as Colossus, still sleepy, stumbled into view.

    "Who and where this time Kurt? And who does that car belong to?"

    "Hobgoblin, New York, und Alex Summers." replied Kurt, ticking off each point on his three-fingered hand. "I think Scott vants us to go now-"

    The elf was proved right by the sudden sirens tearing through the mansion. This was a faveourite motivational tactic of Scott's to get all the X-Men in the jet in double-quick time.

    "Looks like he's getting impatient."

    [TAG Colossus]
  10. Pat5451 Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 26, 2005
    star 4
    Colossus

    "Hobgoblin, New York, und Alex Summers." Replied the little blue elf, ticking off each of his three fingers as he said the three things. Alex was here, that helps alot. "I think Scott vants us to go now-"

    Then, those blasted sirens blared their warning. He hated those sirens so much, that he had tried to rip them out of the Mansion himself, but could never find them. He had always thought that they were hidden, but it was unlikely

    "Looks like he's getting impatient." said Nightcrawler after those dang sirens went off. Colossus frowned, but then it etched into a smile on his face. "Race you there! Oh, could you try and bring me something to eat, it would help me alot, please and thank you Kurt." he said. He always lost at these, but it was also a good way to get warmed up for a fight. And as for the food, he would get yelled at if he got something on the way, but with Kurt's powers he could get it without wasting any time whatsoever.

    Hearing the sirens blaring in his ears, he ran over to where the stairs were, and jumped down every single stair, his metallic power activating, making his whole body go a silver color, including his eyes. Once his feet made impact with the floor, two, six inch deep craters formed in the floor with a loud thud. Rasputin didn't even hesitate or flinch from impact, and kept on running to the X-Jet. He yelled after him, his Russian accent stronger than ever, welding with his deep voice, "Kurt, come on!" He wondered if he was going to be suprised to see Kurt bamfing in front of him. While he ran, he grabbed his suit, and put it onto his body while he ran. After each ginormous step, footprints formed like craters in the floor. He sprinted to the door, and opened it, taking the whole door with him.

    "Not again!" he muttered to himself. This had been the tenth time this year he had done that, and the Professor always told him to be careful. Yeah, like I would be careful when there are lunatics running about in New York City or any of those other cities, he always joked in his mind, which the Professor had always heard too. But then, Havok was here, which was a good thing, he hadn't seen the man in so long, especially since Alex's little mishap. Colossus paused there, right before he reached the X-Jet, waiting for Kurt. He decided to walk onto the jet, so he wouldn't break that either. Once he boarded the ship, he saw Alex, and smiled.

    "Hello there, Alex. Are you going to cause some Havok like you always do?" he joked, his Russian accent blooming. He theb turned to Scott and Bobby. "What is the plan sir?" he asked Scott, his voice now serious. Piotr looked a little uneasy, since he had just woken up and didn't get anything to eat. He hoped that Nightcrawler would bring something, if not he would be so hungry during the mission. As the Professor put it, when he was hungry it was like feeding a herd of elephants. He then thought of Illyana, his sister. She would just smile like the sun, always with a joyous and happy mood. He dismissed these thoughts, because he didn't want to be thinking about them when he was in battle.

    [TAG] Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Havok
  11. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2004
    star 5
    GM APPROVED

    ~Character Sheet~

    Real Full Name: Eric Brooks
    Alias: Blade
    Age: Looks to be in his mid- thirties, but is actually 85
    Gender: Male
    Species: Human (technically), Vampiric
    Powers/Abilities: The enzymes in Blade's blood made him immune to normal vampire bites, uniquely attuned to sensing the supernatural and resistant to aging. Since being bitten by Morbius, Blade has gained many of the traditional powers of the vampire without developing their weaknesses. He has superhuman strength, senses and stamina, plus an accelerated healing factor. Immune to vampiric bites. Also possesses mastery of perhaps every known weapon.
    Weakness(es): No overt weaknesses
    Height (in foot/inches): 6?2?
    Weight (in pounds): 231
    Hair Color/Style: Black, Bald Fade
    Nationality (if applicable): African American
    Faction/Team: Blade
    Clothing/Equipment: Normally jacket, jeans or pants. But? Wait for it? He changes clothes sometimes! Usually dark clothing.
    Biography: The man known as Blade was born into a world of blood and darkness over seven decades ago. His mother, a prostitute, was forced to seek a stranger's assistance when she experienced severe labor complications. The stranger, Deacon Frost, claimed to be a doctor, but he was actually a ravenous vampire. Frost feasted on the woman as she gave birth, passing on a series of enzymes that altered her baby. The enzymes entered the infant's bloodstream, transforming him into a Dhampir - a being tainted by a vampire's kiss, but not converted.

    Frost was driven away before he could slay the child, but Blade's mother died. Orphaned, Blade was raised at Madame Vanity's brothel, his mother's workplace. He knew how his mother had died, but he did not fully understand it until he was nine years old. Walking home one evening, he saw an old man attacked by vampires. Blade threw himself into the melee, courageously driving away the demons. The old man turned out to be Jamal Afari, a great jazz trumpeter and a dangerous foe of the undead. Afari moved into Vanity's and mentored Blade, tutoring him in both music and combat. Blade developed into a human killing machine, specializing in the use of teakwood daggers; but despite Afari's positive influence, Blade fell prey to the local criminal element. He briefly joined the Bloodshadows street gang, claiming leadership after driving out the group's previous head, Cutter. Blade also took Cutter's woman - Glory - for his own; but when the Bloodshadows ran afoul of the vampire Lamia, Glory was converted into one of the undead. Blade slew Lamia and resolved to accept his destiny, focused once more on battling the undead.

    When the vampire lord Dracula turned Afari into a vampire that Blade was forced to destroy, this intensified his hatred for the undead. Partnered with Azu, Ogun, Musenda and Orji, Blade journeyed to China, where he tricked Dracula into an ambush and they slew the vampire; however, Dracula rose again within the night and gleefully slaughtered Blade's allies. Blade continued his crusade alone for a time, eventually attracting the attention of Quincy Harker, whose passion for destroying the undead nearly equaled Blade's own. Blade initially scorned Harker's methods as too slow, but after an unsuccessful battle with Dracula on board an ocean liner, Blade began to recognize the need for allies. Working with Frank Drake, Rachel van Helsing, Taj Nital and Quincy Harker, Blade tracked Dracula to one of his many lairs and once again plunged a stake deep into the vampire's heart; unfortunately, Dracula soon revived.

    After another battle in the Parisian underground, Dracula tore out Blade's throat, leaving him to transform into a vampire; but Blade recovered from the wound, realizing for the first time that he was seemingly immune to vampire bites. Armed with this knowledge, Blade left Harker's group to focus on finding his mother's killer; however, he was sidetracked by the Legion of the Damned, a cult of vampires based in London and answering to Marguerite D'Alescio, a human agent of Dracula. Madame Vanity, who had once emp
  12. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2002
    star 4
    Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler

    "Race you there! Oh, could you try and bring me something to eat, it would help me alot, please and thank you Kurt."

    A look of pleading hunger assembled itself on the Russian's features and Kurt found himself unable to say no.

    "Very well," he sighed. "I vill see you on the jet."

    As his friend stopmed towards the stairs, Nightcrawler braced himself and...

    Bamf!

    He was in the kitchen of the Institute, outside the refrigirator. Quickly, he opened it and grabbed a sandwich left over from yesterday. Alone, it wouldn't be enough to sate Rasputin's hunger, but it would probably keep him going for a while.

    The alarm's were still blaring, so Kurt quickly teleported onto the Jet, handing the sandwich over to Colossus and strapping himself in. Nightcrawler wore his uniform quite a bit for everyday wear- it was hard to fibd clothes with tail-holes, after all.

    "I think ve are all here."

    [TAG others]
  13. -Jeb- Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Feb 18, 2006
    star 4
    GM OOC/NOTE: Unfortunately, this RPG will be locked down in due time. I just haven't been on nearly enough recently, and probably won't be for a while, to be able to keep proper track of it as Head-GM. And even with a Co-GM (Dark-Enigma, who has his own succesful RPG on his shoulders), I feel it just won't work too well. So before things get worse, I'd like it to be Locked indefinatley. Thanks in advance, LSA or NP, and sorry to those of you who were wanted more out of this.

    But keep your chins up, I'm sure one of you or someone else will make an even better and more promising Marvel RP than this. Good luck to the rest of you on your adventures into the borders of imagination! :).....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.