main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Inhumans [IMAX/ABC]

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 28, 2017.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I wasn't talking quality but format! AoS S4 was really really good, indeed.

Lord Vivec and dp4m like this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    From the trailer, it looks like Auran will be on Maximus side.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wonder what the Inhumans would have been like if it was developed by Marvel Studios rather than Marvel Entertainment. Especially since it was announced that the Skrulls will be part of the MCU proper in the upcoming Captain Marvel film, since the Kree and Skrull war was the catalyst for the creation of the Inhumans.

Haven't seen the latest trailer, but I most likely going to see the first two episodes on IMax.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not sure we'll ever know- it was always the furthest out in development in that post-Infinity War realm so I don't think they had anything really locked down yet.

It also may not have varied much from what we're getting since that film was announced shortly after the film/TV divide occurred so any development that had already been done would have been concurrent to Agents of SHIELD's development of the Inhumans in the first two seasons when the units of Marvel were still fully unified.

Speaking of which, the Inhumans show runner has revealed how this connects to AOS:

The trailer expanded further on this statement by Beck as well, revealing that Triton will head to Earth to investigate a Terrigen leak in the ocean. This is, of course, alludes to the Season 2 finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., where the Terrigen crystals were thrown into the ocean, thus releasing Terrigen into the food supply.

This clearly points to the connectivity of Marvel’s Inhumans and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Asked if the Inhumans on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (like Quake, Yo-Yo, and Lash) are similar to the Royal Family, Buck said they were distant relatives at best. “We have seen ‘nuhumans’ on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but this is completely different. These are Inhumans who know exactly who they are and know the importance of their powers. They know the importance of their Terrigen ceremony which is the holiest, most ritual ceremony in their civilization. I think the ‘nuhumans’ who inhabit Earth have no idea what’s going on. They are distant relatives of our characters.

I feel like Daisy's mom would have words with thee ;)

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Daisy's mom and her crew always seemed like a splinter-group anyway who *sorta* knew what was going on / how to do the whole Inhumans thing but they're definitely not connected to the royal family on the dark side of the moon.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    First review of Inhumans is in.

First INHUMANS Review Describes It As "Atrocious" And "Scott Buck's Worst Work Yet"

At least Lockjaw worked out well. Hopefully, they'll just skip to a Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel and Lockjaw teamup series.

[​IMG]

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm. Sounds like I might save myself the train ticket and just catch it at the local IMAX instead.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hmm. Sounds like you should not pay money to see this.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I smell a Super Tuesday viewing!
    [​IMG]

pronker likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    *Sigh* (hopes for something good in spite of the footage and the cringe worth brother of Black Bolt.)

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm too curious about this experiment overall to bypass it entirely, regardless of the final quality. And at least I'm giving the best chance possible by seeing it in the optimal format.

pronker likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    he liked iron fist and gave this a 3/10

dp, iati, ssp, true sith, al - I'll give you a chance to reconsider that bet now if you want

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Eh, a 3/10 is still the over. Which is roughly in line with what my bet was... over 20, under 50. I was aiming for 40% or so but this seems about right.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More info on characters, incomplete previews and new character portraits.

'First up, Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb confirms that the IMAX theatrical edit of the two-episode premiere will run 75 minutes, while the TV edit which premieres on ABC four weeks later will go for nine minutes longer – bringing it up to a standard network double episode runtime of 84 minutes.​

Mount, Loeb, Iwan Rheon, Serinda Swan, Ellen Woglom and executive producer Scott Buck were on hand for the panel and Loeb confirms that Anson Mount’s Black Bolt will never speak on the series:​

“When we first sat down and started talking about the role, we said, very point blank, ‘You have no dialogue, and you will never have dialogue. It’s not as though there’s a point where there’s going to be a secret operation. You’re going to have to find a way to communicate with your hands and your eyes and another way.”

Ken Leung’s Karnak has the power to see flaws and play out every possibility of a decision until he finds a course of action that works. Loeb says that has been difficult to convey with the only glimpses so far not really showing off what he can do:​

“It’s an opportunity for him to be able to see how he would deal with a particular situation and then take it on from there. I think one of the challenges of what it is that you’ve seen so far is something that’s unfinished, and while I can understand that it may not have been something that you readily understood, it is something that once you’ve seen the whole finished product, you actually do, and so it’s a very good question.”

Loeb has also asked people reserve judgement until they see they final product: “I can tell you that the show you have seen is not the finished product, so if you’re asking me whether it’s done, it’s not.”'

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, Inhumans is getting bashed by critics and the Loeb seems to be surprised by it. I'm not sure the "finish product" will change the negative reviews, unless it crosses over with other Marvel properties.

I had high hopes for the series, but that all gone away with the reactions and reviews.

I still plan on seeing Inhumans on IMax despite all the negative reviews.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sure at some point Karnak will see the Flaw in All Things and punch a building down and I will be happy.

Speaking of which, everyone go read Warren Ellis' Karnak: The Flaw in All Things. Great primer of the character and Coulson and Simmons are in it! Also nihilistic as heck, which by Warren Ellis standards is really saying something.

[​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz and Master_Lok like this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Inhumans International Spot Shows Medusa's Hair In Action

I almost bought advanced tickets to an IMax screening of the Inhumans last week. I'll probably end buying a ticket during the Labor Day weekend since I don't have anything planned.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    lol, that's one way to solve Medusa's hair looking awful I suppose...

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah this show looks like arse. It looks like it would go on my Arsefist list right here.

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    *Sigh* I want to give Anson Mount a chance but...:_|

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Inhumans is actually playing at my local digital IMAX theatre, although they're splitting up the day half and half with Dunkirk for 2 shows and Inhumans for 3 shows (cuz they're both relatively short). So taking a dive on Saturday at 3!

pronker likes this.
  23. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    ]-} Good for you! What fun!

I peeked at the Lockjaw animation online and shall wait until the ABC debut.[face_idea][face_pig] It's not playing in town.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Wow, I thought Inhumans would score over 50. How wrong was I?

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think you were thinking of Rotten Tomatoes, rather than metacritic.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.