main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Inhumans [IMAX/ABC]

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 28, 2017.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They've got nothing? Then T2Q and Sensei should team up to write a series. I promise I won't say mean things about it until season 2.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll warn you: my entire series will just be an unending battle between Taskmaster and Karnak. ;)

Marvel has had several shows in development at ABC but we haven't heard anything on them in a long time. There was John Ridley's project, and a Damage Inc series and, I believe, both were in addition to an untitled drama series and untitled comedy series.

Additionally, New Warriors was dropped from Freeform and is looking for a new home for the first season to air on (though that clearly wouldn't be up to network TV quality like AOS, etc, so I'm thinking that'll just end up on Hulu or basic cable somewhere).

But, given that the MCU is mostly in limbo until Avengers 4 comes out (Defenders off in their pre-IW pocket of the timeline, Runaways & Cloak & Dagger staying away from the mainstream MCU events by focusing on smaller stories, the next two movies being flashback stories, etc), I don't see them launching a major new show functioning as a Marvel flagship series like AOS has been this fall.

I could definitely see something big and new launching Fall 2019 in the aftermath of A4 and the ending of the Thanos/Infinity mega-arc of Phases 1-3, to take advantage of the "fresh starting point". But until then? I don't see it happening.

And that will likely work in AOS's favor- the show has had a great run and managed to hit some creative peaks the last couple seasons (though they've partially stumbled during the last couple episodes), but having the series last up to (and just after) A4 will make for a perfect place for it to conclude naturally (having started in the wake of A1 and, then, concluding with the events of A4). It's also the only show equipped to really address a post-IW storyline.

Last edited: May 11, 2018