main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Jessica and Tony need to be on screen at the same time at some point.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Snark-Off?

3. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm jonesing for a s(t)ark-off!

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Just finished the season.

Kind of bummed that Kilgrave is dead, not because I think his character could have gone on much longer as the primary villain but more of...he put the rest of the on screen villains so far to shame. I'm sure they'll match him somehow but it was nice to see a well executed villain finally. Not that Fisk isn't good, he's just...not as scary.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    TBH, as much as that monster deserved it, I'm kinda bummed too that Killgrave was killed off. Murder truly is for the unimaginative. There were so many ways to neutralize him and have him face true justice than simply snapping his neck. Removing his ability to speak and let him live the rest of his life mute, powerless and behind a cell would've been a considerably harsher punishment. And it would've eventually opened the door for an eventual return after he stewed for a bit and underwent the standard comic-booky miraculous healing. I'm afraid that by effectively killing off their Joker, the showrunners may not be able to produce future threats anywhere near as captivating as him.

6. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008

And a drink-off.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Get Tony, Jessica, Starlord, Ant-Man, and Rocket Raccoon all in a room together and let the Snark-rumble begin.

Juliet316 and Rew like this.
  8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I can't wait for Jessica to meet Matt and Foggy for the first time.

"So I'm going to be working with a blind guy who wears spandex and devil horns. Christ." *downs more whiskey*

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... or Luke becomes bartender at Josie's?

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I hate Fisk. He's so mopey. I guess they're both children in their own way, but Fisk's teary eyed monologuing is pretty bad.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think we're all in agreement that Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones is good casting, and she did a great job, but I would say the same for Charlie Cox. I didn't see anything ground breaking coming from Ritter when comparing her previous body of work thus far to this performance.
    Her smiling reminded me of Wednesday's creepy smile in a similar scene from "Adams Family Values".

As for the villains, I loved watching David Tennant probably just as much as Vincent D'Onofrio. I think it goes without saying that a having a strong antagonist is just as important as having a strong protagonist. If the writers/directors/actors screw up either one it results in ruining the whole series.

I loved the Rosario Dawson connection between the two series as well.

My favorite episode of each season was the 8th one which I think is kind of funny.
    Jessica Jones: AKA WWJD?
    Daredevil: Shadows in the Glass

So with that said, hats off to Netflix/Marvel/etc on creating two great series that I enjoyed very close to equally.
    (With any luck, I might be able to get my gf watch Daredevil in the not to distant future. :))

12. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Well tbh I hate his face and yeah, his monologues. But it's the good kind of hate for me, it helped me see him as a villain. Truly dislikeable.

13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I guess I forgot you're supposed to dislike marvel villains.

14. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really thought he was going to go full purple at the end there

15. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I was hoping for it. A true case of purpleballs.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Apparently he was...

As we saw, when he took the final injection, his veins were turning his neck purple and it was going up to his face... he's normal-colored again when we see him, but when he shouts STOP on the dock, he starts turning purple again...

[​IMG]

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    was the black cop who interviews her in ep2 from Daredevil ?

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that he was the same guy.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'm not reading the thread, as I still have one episode to go, and I assume this has been discussed for at least a page, because it really makes no sense whatsoever, but at 8:37 in episode 11...

It clearly shows Trish's car is a Hyundai. This makes no sense on any level. She obviously has money and expensive tastes, there is no way she'd drive a Hyundai. They show other car brands, so it's not like they have a deal with one manufacturer. Even in the next episode, when her mother comes to her apartment, the mother says, "you always had good taste. Expensive, but good." So she's drives a cheap South Korean car? I think not.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    In the mcu Hyundai is the most expensive, luxurious brand of car available. Unlike the Lexus, which has a contract with shield, and is cheap.

21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Jessica probably borrows her cars often enough and wrecks them that Trish has given up trying to have nice ones and just gets cheap ones that jessica can ruin and not dent her pocket book as much.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    While I appreciate your use of "pocket book", no!

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    what? Jessica has clearly been avoiding Trish for some time before the series.

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

You can borrow someone's stuff and still avoid them. Have seen stuff like that happen all the time at college.

25. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah I used to break into all my college friend's apartments all the time and steal their expensive things. This isn't unusual.

Diggy likes this.