main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    at least there's still room on Netflix for Chelsea Handler.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Awesome. Wonder if Trish becomes Hellcat in Defenders or Jessica Jones season 2

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Self-respect Nelson. Get some!

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    At some point soon, Trish better become Hellcat. We do see her working out and on a path that would lead her to become the feline character. And she would most likely put on a costume since she tried to get Jessica in one.

I like how season one didn't go into Jessica's back story and death of her parents until the later part of the season as it appears that's where the second season is heading.

And since this is a shared universe, it would be kind of cool if Bucky and Jessica could swap stories about being mind controlled over a few drinks.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    SImpson has to go Full Nuke at some point. But I think that really depends if/when Daredevil gets to Born Again. Unless "Defenders" is going to be Born Again. Which could be a thing.

I know Defenders is apparently going to have less of an episode count than the standard season so I get the feeling each hero might get their own "episode" or two, with maybe a character bouncing around in between (think Arrested Development Season 4 where you'd get a family member spotlight episode or two and Michael would pop up in each ep), and proper team-up in the final few episodes.

I'm really interested to see how Jessica Jones as a show handles itself without Killgrave since he's the basic through-line of the entire first season. And even Ritter mentions that he was the reason for Jessica to get up in the morning.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm thinking the Defenders will be fighting against the Black Sky and The Hand, since there isn't going to be a season 3 of Daredevil before The Defenders. However, that thought could change after season one of Luke Cage and Iron Fist drops.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

That would be really the easiest way to go as that would be a threat they'd need to unite for. Also would allow season 3 of Daredevil to go back to Kingpin focused season.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I concur. Defenders is being ran by the folks who did Daredevil Season 2, probably the most relevant plot threads would be from DD S2. They gotta get Fisk in Defenders somehow, it'd be a shame if the entire season went by and he wasn't in it. Maybe Fisk gets outta jail at some point in Defenders so he's back on the streets for DD S3.

As for Jessica Jones herself, I would wager Defenders would hit before Jessica Jones Season 2 (just a feeling, really) so Defenders might pick up from where she left off in S1.

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah Defenders will definitely be before Jessica Jones season 2

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's kind of a bummer, because that would probably mean no Hellcat on the Defenders. The Netflix series really take their time in developing characters, so I can't imagine Hellcat just appearing the series.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There's always Defenders Season 2!

God knows how long these contracts are they locked the actors up with. "you get 5 seasons of your own show and 3 seasons of Defenders! But Defenders seasons don't count because you're all technically guest stars. The only actual series regular on Defenders is Rosario Dawson. And she's only in three episodes."

12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

I dunno, I could see it. I mean they have 4 heroes as is, imagine Defenders could have roster of 6 or so. At least by the finale of it, at least some proto-version of her.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ‘Jessica Jones’ Boss Talks ‘Luke Cage’ Role in Season 2

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Killgrave was as much a part of the the Season 1 relationships as Luke was, which is going to make S2 sans Killgrave to be weird. I mean, he's a mind controlling mutant, I'm sure he'll pop up somehow maybe in Jessica's subconscious. Hell, to use the Dexter analogy (Which Rosenberg worked on) maybe he'll end up being like Dexter's dad where Jessica is "talking" to him (and it would get more of a pass since Killgrave / Purple Man's whole thing is mind control)

15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    That'll be a big challenge for season 2 I think....it's almost impossible to not have it feel like a step down after how great of a villain Kilgrave was.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Kilgrave was such an intensely personal villain in addition to being so despicable, it really will be difficult to top that for Jessica.

Maybe the villain will be more tied to a client instead.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think it depends on why you liked or disliked Kilgrave. Tennant was sublime. The mind-rape stuff...I can take it or leave it. So I'm certainly open to new villain and a new type of villain. It will ultimately live or die by the writing and the performance. As Marvel/Netflix keep nailing it, I have no reason to think they'll stop now.

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  18. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    The writers did wisely set up some interesting threads that can be explored in season 2, especially with Trish, so it's not like there's nowhere they can go.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Simpson goes full Nuke, dangnabit!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He was the weakest part of the show, IMO.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Cuz he hasn't gone full Nuke yet, dangnabit!

22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I start episode 4 tonight. It's been a good show, not as great as Daredevil however. Looking forward to seeing where it goes and then onto Luke Cage.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    I certainly hope we see much less of Robyn in S2. That character overstaying her welcome was the only blemish on the season really.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed, although this is a Dexter-trait that Rosenberg may have picked up, sometimes the awesome main character gets saddled with some nutty side-characters that go on and on and on and doesn't ultimately add anything. Sometimes they're killed off but, like, in the case of Dexter, they just hang out in the background for an entire season.

25. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    So apparently all season 2 episodes will be directed by women. Pretty cool.....though of course this has caused "controversy" with some people. :rolleyes: