main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    BigAl6ft6 and cerealbox like this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    So Punisher must be late November, early December.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Stranger Things S2 is Halloween so I think Neflix would want a least a month in between their big profile shows so maybe Punisher is, like, Christmas or something.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The assumption is that Daredevil Season 3 will take the Sept/Oct "Luke Cage" slot (as it is confirmed to be filming this year after Defenders wraps since that's the same crew). Presumably Punisher will be, as you speculated, Nob/Dec, giving them room for Stranger Things S2 in Oct.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I dunno. Daredevil Season 2 dropped two weeks after House of Cards Season 4. So, it's not like Netflix really cared that much about not putting marquee original content closely together.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, isn't Punisher scheduled for this year? So it'll actually be Defenders in august, Stranger Things in Oct, Punisher in Nov/Dec, Jessica Jones in March, Daredevil in Sept, etc.

And, yeah, I don;t think netflix spaces their stuff out too much- they're just spacing out similar stuff (so a space between Marvel shows wouldn't necessarily affect Stranger Things or House of Cards, etc).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it is really ridiculous to have this conversation in 5 threads. just sayin'.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good point. Let's keep the overall Netflix schedule discussion to the Defenders thread, and the JJ-specific stuff here.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Janet Mcteer joins the cast in an undisclosed, but significant, role for season 2 that "will reportedly have an enormous impact on Jessica’s life".

cerealbox likes this.
  10. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    She doesn't fit any description from the comics. So I guess she's a new character.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm getting ready to watch JJ for the first time this weekend, after a re-watch of the first two seasons of Daredevil and the one of Luke Cage.

Consensus seems to be that it's a good one. I love Daredevil. I like Luke Cage. I flushed Iron Fist after two abysmal episodes.

Curious to see where this falls in.

cubman987 likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    For us, we liked this just ever so slightly better than Daredevil S1. It's just a very different kind of story... sort of.

cubman987 and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh wow. To beat either season of Daredevil, this would need to be really something. Given that we disagree on many comic-based media productions, I'll temper enthusiasm a bit. :p

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the first half of JJ is stronger than DD S1 and definitely better than DD S2.5. DD S2.0 probably edges it out but, on the whole, I also enjoyed JJ more than DD. And it has much better pacing (and a greater villain) than Cage.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

But... Daredevil S2 was hella-uneven and saved only by some of the Stick/Matt stuff and all of The Punisher stuff...

We still don't know what that giant (literal) plot hole is, although we may find out in The Defenders...

Darth_Invidious and Rew like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I barely even remember the second half of DD S2. What was the plothole?

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Remember the giant LITERAL hole in the middle of a construction site in Manhattan that they were all immediately chased off by The Hand from?

Darth_Invidious and Diggy like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ooooh, yes, that thing.

dp4m likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I thought Jessica Jones was the most entertaining of all the season one Marvel Netflix series because it was a different story from most super hero series. Jessica Jones is a victim of mental and physical rape and therefore is suffering from PTSD. Additionally, it's not a story of "I have to save the city" type of thing. It's a more personal story with an actual villain. I love how the story develops the villain through his victims.

BigAl6ft6 and Rew like this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I found DDS1 to be more enjoyable, but JJ to be better. Both rank higher than DDS2 and Luke Cage. And I'm suffering through IF.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My travel schedule has been hell this year, so we're not even through Luke Cage, let alone Iron Fist yet...

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Two episodes into Jessica Jones. It's okay, at best. I don't like it as much as Cage, and certainly not close to either season of Daredevil.

Hoping it gets better?

23. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    It gets a lot better, I thought JJ started off a little slow as well.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Great to hear, I'll stick with it. Thank you, True Sith.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Once Kilgrave actually starts showing up, it definitely kicks up a few notches.