main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah they said in an interview every marvel project has it's own genre/style to make them all different. Jessica Jones gets to be the Noir part of Marvel.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nebula, Crossbones & Hammer were great-to-good and Kurse was at least pretty imposing.

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The Netflix original series style of programming has an opportunity to do some of the most original storytelling anywhere, and I feel that the Netflix/Marvel collaboration has seized that opportunity. Obviously I don't know how good Jessica Jones will be, but when I think about House of Cards and the first two seasons of Orange and season one of Daredevil, it seems to me that Netflix has built itself a new golden age of storytelling. The ability to make a 13 hour movie divided into manageable chunks that the audience can watch at an individualized pace feels almost revolutionary.

I enjoyed Daredevil season one more than any Marvel movie I've ever seen. I think it was better than all of them.

The only thing I'd say is that it's relatively easy to make a great single season, but eventually it gets difficult. The writers run out of inspiration. The cast gets tired. The style veers into self-parody.

Netflix should consider just making fantastic stand alone 12-15 hour movies divided into one hour chunks, such as a great single season of Jessica Jones--and then quit before any fridges are nuked as they almost inevitably will be.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is "nuking the fridge" the new "jumping the shark"?

It has a nice gif

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Jabbadabbado like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I wouldn't say "new"- it replaced the shark about 7 years ago.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Hot damn.

Juliet316 , Rew, jabberwalkie and 4 others like this.
  7. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Is it annoying if I ask questions about what the picture means, such as "what does that picture mean?" I won't do it if it gets in the way of you communing with each other over your familiarity with the character and her story.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    But I still have to watch the 90 second intro every chunk, so maybe not that innovative.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's the (supposed) main baddie of the story, played by David Tennant, singing to Jessica in a purple-lit room...

... which may have other indications, such as a nightmare or memory, or simply a flashback or current scene with them.

Juliet316 and Jabbadabbado like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I hope he's singing "Hallelujah".

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Nebula looked cool, but was woefully underused (especially since her backstory with Thanos and Gamora sounded SO MUCH more interesting than anything with Ronan). Hopefully she'll be back for the sequel and they'll use her more this time around.

Crossbones is ok, but we need to see more of him to call him "great" imo.

Hammer was a joke. He only barely scrapes by because Sam Rockwell is just really entertaining in general. Plus that movie couldn't make up it's mind as to whether he or Whiplash was the main threat, which hurt it.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No, he must sing the most psychotic version of "You Are My Sunshine" ever.

13. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'd think it would be a Prince song.

15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Nah, Prince is Batman's bitch.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We could have used more Nebula but she was ultimately a successful and entertaining villain. Crossbones is middle of the road but, like Nebula, we can look forward to the sequels with them (a rarity given that really only Loki has done more than one film).

Hammer is divisive- but he wasn't underdeveloped either.

17. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  18. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    All hail the Marvel Netflix Universe. a slightly twisted, psychologically damaged, alcohol-fueled Supergirl who doesn't embrace her hero status: that's kind of interesting.

Juliet316 and Abadacus like this.
  19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I wonder if Lester Freeman is still following the money? :D

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    November 20th can't come soon enough.

GenAntilles and Yodaminch like this.
  21. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Man, I'm liking the look of this show more and more.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    What does Cage say after Jessica said, "make it a double?" I've replayed that scene several times and it's still unclear. I even turned on the Closed Captions and nothing.

Anyway, good second trailer. Seeing how the tone and setting for these Marvel Netflix series are going, it's going to be a challenge to cross these characters over with the MCU proper. I mean, you'll most likely lose the dark aspects and whatnot with the Marvel Netflix characters. I mean, I've read many fans wanting Kingpin to crossover with Spidey, but this version of the Kingpin really works because he's "R" rated. A PG-13 Kingpin may not have the same impact.

As far as Jessica Jones, I'd like to have a drink with her. She's like the type of person that can hold her own alcohol and most likely drink me under the table. Moreover, I like the fact the Jessica won't the be generic badass chick. She's going to have depth and a huge range of emotions that's going to separate her from the rest.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    "Hard day at the office?
    Lot of booze for such a small woman."

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Ulicus like this.
  24. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999

I wouldn't mind every Netflix show existing in its own universe. I don't really see how Jessica/purple themed bad guy and Daredevil/Kingpin can coexist in the same universe.

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Hard day at the office?"

EDIT: That's what I get for watching the trailer twice before actually responding in the thread.