main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Marvin Skall-A Beyond the Saga SW story taking place nine million years after the Battle of Endor!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    This is an After the Saga fan fic taking place precisely nine million years after the destruction of the Death Star II. It takes place on Earth in our present day. The one difference on this Earth is that Star Wars doesn?t exist and old George was never even born! This story is about a young, lost Human Being who discovers the Force in himself.

Marvin Skall hated himself. He was an absolute loser. Walking home from school that day, he repeatedly hit himself on the head for why he just didn?t study for the biology test. Marvin was cursed with ADHD and severe hearing impairment. His ADHD curse made him procrastinate terribly and never study for tests and those kinds of things related to school. He was very, if not too much so, introverted and had no friends. To make his life worse, he was pimply and unathletic. Marvin was, unsurprisingly, the lowest of the lowest.
    The scorching sun seared overhead. A heat wave had been harassing the town Marvin lived in, the town of Anaville, Ohio. And as he walked he began to get dehydrated. Where was his mother? She was supposed to have picked him up now! But at last, his mother?s old honda rounded the corner of the street Marvin was walking and he breathed relaxedly.
    In the car, he lied to his mom about his biology test, saying he hadn?t gotten it yet. Lying was another curse on Marvin. He hated lying, but did it just about every day of the year.

At their poorhouse of a home, Marvin collapsed onto his bed and intended to take a nap, but his mom said that he had gotten a call from a friend at school. Friend at school? He realized his mom always assumed every fellow classmate who called Marvin was a friend and sighed as he took the wireless phone from his mom, who walked back to the kitchen.
    The voice on the phone turned out to be that of Johnny Devin, the school ?pretty boy? and quarterback football star. Johnny was most probably calling Marvin to resume his daily taunting of Marvin by all means of communication possible, which of course included the phone.
    ? Hey pepperoni face!? Johnny greeted.
    Marvin didn?t dare hang up. If he did, he?d find himself in a garbage bin with a black eye. His anger began to rise though as he clutched the phone very tightly.
    ? So Marvin, are you gonna pass your homework again? Oh wait, you pass it so fast, you already have!? Johnny said maliciously, and Marvin heard the laughter of his gang of friends in the background. His anger was making his face red now. Before he knew it, he flung the phone all the way across his bedroom and it arrowed straight into the bedroom wall, sticking out of it! His mother came into the room, having heard the slam and wondering what had happened. She saw the phone sticking out of the wall and looked at Marvin.
    ? What?s wrong, my pumpkin?? She said consolingly.
    Marvin just shoved his mother away as she attempted to put her arm around him and he walked out of the room and into the backyard which had been overrun by weeds. He sat in the backyard bench and wondered why he had to be overrun himself by such troubling ?mental weeds? and ?physical weeds? like pimples. Why?! His anger was hard to control and it definitely had gotten him into trouble at times. Sometimes Marvin wished he could have superpowers like Superman on the t.v., so he could kill all his enemies. But he didn?t and he wondered if he would go through his whole life being overrun by the feeling of inferiority and scumminess. Sometimes he thought of suicide but the one thing that prevented him from doing it was his mother. It would be a sin to deprive his mother the thing she most loved-him.

How?s that starting? Gimme some pointers, comments plz! :)

2. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    A good story. I think it is going to need a littel more force and stuff. Some questions you should answer in the future is who will train him and will he get a light saber?

Thats all :)

/,,/
    rock on

3. TheForceIncarnite

TheForceIncarnite Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    I agree with joehahn000 . If it is going to be a full fledged SW story, it needs to have something early in it, like "The Force" to keep the SW reader interested. Other than that, GREAT beginning! :)

4. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Yes, the Force will come probably in my next post. Not saying anything else though... [face_mischief] Eventually, he will get something that is the equivalent to a Jedi Master and he will be the Padawan.

About the Force and all, notice in my first post that Marvin has anger problems! [face_shocked] That'll be a definite problem in the future. Thanks for reading! :)

5. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    I?m going to politely disagree with some of the other guys comments. Sure there weren?t any lightsabers, but I thought that thematically it felt very Star Wars-ey. I can see strong similarities between Marvin and Anakin Skywalker. They are both clearly very close to their mother?s, and have a lot a repressed anger.

Marvin throwing the telephone certainly reminded me of the scene in Attack of the Clones when Anakin confesses his slaughter of the Tuskens.

Nice work, I?ll be looking out for your next post!

6. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    I am most pleased with this story so far, and earnestly await the next installment.

7. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    This is the next story post. It includes use of the Force! :D

The next day at school, Marvin was stalked by Johnny Devin all day and his gang. They didn?t leave him alone. They bumped shoulders with him constantly, and once in class when the teacher wasn?t looking, Johnny?s right hand man Paul Willston spat a loogie at Marvin.
    Marvin was glad when lunch came, because he was extremely hungry. He sat an unoccupied lunch table in the cafeteria, wishing to be alone. He took out his bag lunch from his backpack and begin eating his food, which was considered the good food, or non-junk food, by his mom. He was about to take a bite into his sandwich when a hand wrenched it easily out of his.
    ? Wow, wow, Skall!? Johnny said tauntingly taking the sandwich and holding it high above his reach, ? You know I?m your god. Your supposed to offer this to me first.?
    Johnny took a bite out of the sandwich and spat it out.
    ? What did your mommy do? Put some of your acne pus in this?!?
    His gang roared with laughter and Marvin trembled furiously.
    ? Lets see what else mommy put in Starvin Marvin?s lunch....hmm, celery stalks? What are you, a vegan? And surprise, surprise! Carrots! How poor is your mama?? Johnny said, laughing so hard he couldn?t speak any more. Nearby a group of the hottest girls in the year were giggling madly and pointing at Johnny while drooling.
    The anger began to take over Marvin. He felt himself begin to grow dangerous...he wanted....to kill...
    But Johnny and his gang were saved by Ms. Crabtree-their homeroom teacher.
    ? What?s going on here? Johnny Devin! I thought I told you that you weren?t allowed within twenty feet of that poor boy!? Ms. Crabtree reeled, ? You and your gang get on the other side of the cafeteria!?
    Johnny reluctantly set down Marvin?s bag lunch and he and his gang walked away. Ms. Crabtree sat down next to Marvin and brought out her own lunch. Oh no, Marvin thought, Ms. Crabtree eating lunch with him would make him the laughingstock of the entire teen world!
    ? Don?t you associate with those naughty boys, Marvin. You?re a good boy.? Ms. Crabtree said.
    Marvin wanted once again to commit suicide right there on the spot as the entire cafeteria roared with laughter.

Later that day when school was over, Marvin was walking the back alley behind the schoolhouses to get to the sidewalk at the street where he would begin walking home. The back alley was narrow, and one side was the wall of the school classrooms and the other side was the chain fence seperating the school from a vast plot of tall, wild grass. The ground was gravel and crunched with Marvin?s every footstep. But then suddenly there was more than just his crunching footsteps! He swung around and saw three blackclothed people wearing ski masks. Marvin immediately recognized the middle person as Johnny, because he had the same stature and pose. And the same voice.
    ? Hey Marvin. You know, me and my gang were thinking today and actually began to feel sorry for you...? Johnny began as the three of them began walking towards Marvin. Marvin felt fear like he had never felt it before. He walked backwards and stumbled on a rock, falling to the ground, flat on his back.
    ? Watch your step there, Marvin!? Johnny rang with laughter.
    Marvin looked up at the three monsters above him, wearing their black clothes and ski masks and knew he was over for.
    ? Since I and the gang felt so sorry for you, we decided to put you out of your misery!? Johnny announced gleefully.
    Marvin looked up through the eyeholes in the ski mask and saw darkness. He couldn?t see Johnny?s eyes. Johnny wasn?t Human. He was a dark, twisted soul with no humanity. A hatred aroused itself inside Marvin and he felt angry like he had been in his life. If they were to murder him, his mother would wail more than anyone had ever done on this planet! She would wail her own eyes out, until she was withered to nothing, because of the corruption and influence of those three dark souls standing over him.
    Johnny revealed a wooden bat, as his two

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
  9. TheForceIncarnite

TheForceIncarnite Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    Its getting interesting!

10. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    A bit disturbing. But good. :)

lordmaul13

11. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Great!

Wheres the 3ed installement?

/,,/
    rock on

12. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Interested to see where this is going. I'll be back.

13. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Up. I'll be posting another installment soon today. :)

;)

14. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Here?s the third installment in the Marvin Skall story! I know its been a little long since the second, but well...here?s the third! :)

Marvin had been arrested by the police and bought to the local police station for questioning. He was seated at a bland table in an interrogation room, cuffed. On the other side of the table stood Detective Johnce.
    ? Marvin, your teacher, Ms. Crabtree, saw you this afternoon...murder...three people who when unmasked turned out to be Johnny Devin, Paul Willston, and Mark Gillez. They are three fellow students of yours, right?? Johnce asked calmly.
    ? No. They are enemies to me.? Marvin said blankly.
    ? But technically, they were three fellow students,? Johnce said, his voice rising a little, ? But now I?m totally perplexed as to how you-a skinny, weak person managed to kill...three muscular, built, and tall boys all by yourself. How on Earth did you manage to do this??
    Marvin took a long time answer, and when he answered, he understood everything about how he was able to defeat Johnny and his cronies.
    ? Something was flowing through me, empowering me. Size did not matter; physical strength did not matter. I was going to live...or I was going to die. I chose to live, and so I defended myself.? Marvin replied dully.
    ? It is well understood that you defended yourself, Marvin. Our eyewitness, Ms. Crabtree, could see that clearly. We are not pressing murder charges but the real reason you are here is because something....special...is inside of you,? the detective said hesitantly, ? You are not normal, but you are something more.?
    Marvin was relieved to hear he would not be charged with murder. But what was this about him being something more? Was he superior or something? His head went dizzy at the thought.
    A suited, middle aged man walked into the interrogation room. He wore casual sunglasses and a dark green tie with narrow yellow stripes. The man spoke first to the detective.
    ? Thank you for your effort, Detective Johnce. You are finished.? The man said, ? I would appreciate if Marvin and I be completely alone right now.?
    Johnce nodded and walked out of the small room. The man did not speak for a few moments, until he withdrew a pistol from the inside of his suit jacket. Marvin jumped out of his seat in fright. But the man did not aim it at Marvin, he aimed at the mirror in the room and shot twice, causing the mirror to shatter. In the observation room, Detective Johnce and two control panel men were standing in a corner, horrified by what the man had just done.
    ? I will say again, Detective Johnce: I would appreciate it if Marvin and I are completely alone.? The man said sternly.
    Johnce and the two other men walked out of the room immediately. After that, the man shot two bullets into the control panel, disabling the audio and camera recording devices. He put the pistol back into its belt pocket then sat down on the other side of the table from Marvin, who cautiously got back into his own chair. Before the man began talking, Marvin heard his cuffs click and realized his hands were free. The cuffs fell to the floor, clinking noisily.
    ? What the-? How did you do that?? Marvin asked, amazed.
    ? Never mind that for now.? The man said.
    Marvin reluctantly nodded, but he still wanted to know how suddenly his cuffs just unlocked.
    ? Mr. Skall, Detective Johnce is right. You are something more,? The man began, ? which is why I am taking you away from here.?
    ? What do you mean ?away??? Marvin asked.
    ? Away as in we?re leaving this place.?
    ? And where are we going??
    ? Your final destination is a secret facility in Antartica, but first we are stopping by the NSA Headquarters outside Washington, D.C..?
    Marvin wondered why the man was taking him to the NSA Headquarters, and then...to Antartica??? Marvin wanted to stay here...at home.
    ? But I want to go home, not to...Antartica.? Marvin said numbly.
    ? I?m sorry, Marvin. You shall never be able to see your mother again.? The man said sincerely.
    ? NO! I WANT TO GO HOME! YOU ARE NOT TAKIN

15. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    G'luck Marvin.

lordmaul13

16. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I don't trust that guy...

17. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    You don't trust which guy? :confused: The 'man'?

;)

18. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    The 'man'?

Indeed.

19. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    Yeah, seems to me he might be some sort of Dark Jedi tring to get through to him and make him evil before the good guys find him...Whoa, sorry about that!

20. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Fourth installment already up! :)

Marvin got in the front passenger seat of the NSA man?s car. His car was black and silver, with no brand decals or names or anything on it. All that was on it was a white and black label on the front bumper saying ?NSA-C-194?. Marvin was a car fanatic, yet he couldn?t recognize this car from any brand. The man seemed to have noticed Marvin?s fascination with the car and as he drove out of the parking space he began speaking about the car.
    ? This car was designed and created by the NSA,? The man explained as the car left the police station parking lot, ? Each of these cars cost over twenty five million dollars to make.?
    Marvin?s head span. 25 million dollars for just this one car?! But then he remembered that the government spends 300 dollars for one box of tissues.
    ? Its equipped with super light yet super resistant armor plating and blinding headlights. If it were nighttime and as I drove along this street and I just decided to turn on these headlights, everyone coming in the reverse flow of traffic would be blinded permanently. Which is why of course I use the conventional headlights instead....usually.? The man said in an ominously joking way.
    Marvin couldn?t believe how smoothly the car drove. It was just too hard to believe. And its acceleration was impressive, along with the braking. Marvin began to go into a sort of stupor pondering about how the NSA made their cars so well, when the man brought him out his stupor.
    ? Now Marvin,? he began, ? What I am about to tell you is top secret-stuff that only those within the ranks of the NSA know about.?
    The man was saying this as he drove into an alleyway-one of the many alleyways of the great metropolis of Las Angeles. He drove slowly along the alley and turned into a narrow space near the center of the long, lonely alley. It was a dead end.
    ? Why?d you come here? This is a dead end!? Marvin said, confused.
    ? Quite ironically, Marvin, this ?dead end? is the beginning of a whole other world-the underground world of which only those who live there know about, other than the topmost agents and officials of the NSA.? The man said excitedly.
    Marvin didn?t want to believe that the man was joking, but he had to be. He looked at the solid brick wall in front of the car. Blank. It didn?t look like there were any lines etched on it which could mean it was a door or some kind of gate.
    ? Uh, sir, I don?t see how this could be some sort entrance-? Marvin began but was interrupted.
    ? Just watch, Marvin. When I say the underground world, I literally mean the underground world...? The man said in a rather eccentric voice.
    After a moment of just sitting in the car, Marvin began to get impatient. What were they here for? Was this all some kind of joke? But then the car lowered itself in a sudden lurch!
    Then Marvin suddenly realized it-the man had parked the car on top of some sort of elevator. The car descended on the elevator slowly and Marvin wondered what would happen if someone saw this happening. And as if the man had read his mind, he replied.
    ? Don?t worry-if any lucky person was to see this event, he or she would just be flabbergasted at first, tell all his or her friends what he or she saw, then be forced to go to a psych ward for life after being labeled insane by government bribed psychologists.?
    As the car descended through darkness, Marvin couldn?t believe the man was downright telling him that the government bribed psychologists!
    ? You bribe psychologists?!? Marvin said incredulously.
    ? No, not me. But yes there are people who do.? The man said with a harsh laugh.
    Marvin wanted to voice that this was terrible...just wrong and immoral but he forgot all that and his jaw dropped as the elevator entered through the top of some enormous, black spherical chamber! At the center of the chamber was the landing pad for the elevator and running off it into the side of the chamber was a lonely driveway, supposedly for the car to get out of the chamber. The elevator stopped and the man drov

21. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Interesting.

I can't wait to see where this is all leading, and I still don't trust 'the man' in the slightest.

22. lordmaul13

Oct 18, 2000
    I still don't like "the man" either.

lordmaul13

23. Lady_Banshee

Lady_Banshee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2003
    Agreed. The 'man' is evil.

24. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm going to be posting another installment on this fanfic soon...try and revive it after it went dead for a while there! [face_shocked]

Just a little while.... :)

25. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

Aug 21, 2003
    Here is the fifth installment to the Marvin Skall story! :D Marvin is given his first lesson... [face_mischief]

The man had driven Marvin through an entire world of the Underground until finally stopping in a small, drab, and concrete car garage, with hardly any lighting save for a feeble, dim light in the corner. It had about five other cars perfectly similar to the man?s own car. He parked it at the end of this row of cars and then got out-Marvin following suit. As they walked out of the car garage and into a dark hallway, which Marvin couldn?t even see the walls of, he heard a terrible smashing sound behind him and spun around. Back in the garage, it looked as though the cars were being.... compacted!
    ? What the-?! Uh, sir,-?
    ? Don?t worry about it, Marvin. Every time all the five cars belonging to one parking garage are parked there at the same time, they are automatically compacted by hidden smashers on the ceiling above and the floor under them.? The man explained as they walked through the never ending darkness-the dim light of the garage disappearing.
    ? But why sir? Why are they being smashed? They look so perfectly new and... perfectly designed and built.? Marvin said, confused utterly.
    Before the man could answer, a giant explosion erupted in the garage, causing Marvin to jump and hit his head on the low, hidden ceiling.
    ? And there was the incineration process...? The man said, chuckling.
    ? I don?t get this...? Marvin muttered.
    After the explosion came a sound of fire being extinguished...
    ? That is the extinguishing process....?
    ? Well I understand that!?
    ? And next is the ash cleaning...?
    ? Huh??
    ? Last is deployment of five new cars...?
    Marvin looked behind his shoulder as he was walking to see five new, exactly-the-same cars being placed in the garage. It was beyond bizarre.
    ? Can you explain why all that was necessary, sir?? Marvin asked.
    The man grinned as they walked through the darkness and a dim light appeared at the end of the hall. Then replied.
    ? Ever ponder the concept of going around the globe to reach a destination that is just a few steps from your starting location?? The man asked in a sly voice.
    ? Well, no. It seems absurd!? Marvin said indignantly.
    As they walked to the dim light at the end of the hall, Marvin began to notice five black shapes becoming visible in the light.
    ? Wait a minute!? Marvin said as he realized what the end of the hall was.
    It was the garage, with the five newly placed cars! Or maybe it was a different garage with five new cars...
    ? Uh, sir, I?m confused. Is that-? The man interrupted him.
    ? Yes it is. You had left to a destination which is the place you left.? The man replied wisely, grinning at Marvin insanely as they entered into the light of the garage.
    ? I wanna go home.? Marvin said half jokingly.
    ? Home is exactly the place you?ll end up.? The man said, suddenly laughing uproariously.
    Marvin rolled his eyes in impatience and frustration. Would the man just tell him what all the last few minutes was about?
    ? Will you just answer all my questions normally finally? Please!? Marvin said, losing it as he stopped walking the dark hall.
    The man turned to face Marvin-he had stopped walking as well.
    ? Impatience... is always the first thing people such as your self must overcome...? The man said seriously, not laughing and grinning anymore.
    Marvin just stared at the man in disbelief as he opened the driver?s side door of the middle car. Before entering it, he paid attention directly to Marvin again.
    ? Congratulations, Marvin. You have been given your first lesson.?

Whaddya think? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.