main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Maryland Fanfilm back on track...an update (and a shameless beg for help)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HowardFilms, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Me too. I need to contact the studio, but I can't really set up shooting dates if I'm not sure we'll be costumed by then, and certainly not if roles aren't filled. The first movie is less of an issue. We have the Nemoidian costumes coming in, and there are really only four speaking roles, and three are filled (the last being the female adult jedi) The issue is only one of the four has their costume. If money wasn't an issue, I could order three sets of robes from one of those ebay custom tailors for $50-$80 each but I just don't have the money for that right now. And the fanfilm community has not offered much in the way of Jedi Costumes we can borrow. At this point, we either must wait until I have extra money laying around, or until a fanfilm offers some costume, or we locate someone with materials and is willing to make them. This really bums me out especially because, not to be too selfish on the matter, I like to think on the filsm behalf not my own, but time is of the essence if I am going to have this to show in my portfolio for film school...:(

2. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks to PrincessLeia911, we now have all the costumes we need to begin production. (Unless you do not have belts and boots, you did not specify)

We do not however, have all the props we need. The lightsabers are going to cost us, and no matter how I run the numbers, even cheap machined fanfilm sabers are going to run us at about $200 with the stunt blades and hilts and all. That's randomsabers. It's possible we can locate sabers from other films and just buy the blades, or that we find some other way to get them. I'll keep you updated. If anyone has any solutions please let me know. We are now very close to production.

3. Jon_Goodfellow

Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2006
    I can't exactly help a great deal or anything, but I do have a self-made sabre prop that could conceivably be modded fairly easily to hold a stunt blade. Also, if it helps, I also have a Force F/X sabre that I wouldn't lose much sleep over breaking. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I've got a MR Anakin EP III saber... but I don't know about lending it out. =(

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm willing to help out in anyway too. Just let me know.

6. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    We'll figure something out. I don't want to damage any of your sabers.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    You can make decent replicas from parts at Home Depot. They have instructions on the internet. Some look better then others. They should certainly work well for a fan film. You wouldn't want to be using a well known saber anyway unless you've got main characters in your film.

8. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I know all about them, actually this fanfilm started as a plan two years ago to build one of those very lightsabers. The problem is I don't have the tools, and if we did make them we would have to be surethey were the right width for the stunt blades

9. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I have a suggestion. Why don't we get the parts for the sabers, get the instructions from the internet and at our next meeting, get together and make them. How many would you need? So those of us who are handy with tools can help out. What do you think?

10. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, unless we get some help from the fanfilm community (no luck yet) we need two identical sabers (Cal has both of Syfo-Dias' sabers at one point) then one for Jovat that we can destroy, and one ancient saber from the sith war he uses later (finds it in the cave). The main female Jedi will also eventually need a saber.

11. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Looks like Jon wants the next meeting to be the trip though, so I don't know if that will work. If anyone has proper tools (and knows how to use them) I found some good instrutcions online from that big yellow box websited for various sabers

12. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Nah, I dont' want the next meeting to be the trip. I want the next meeting to be whenever and wherever the most people could show up! The KD trip can be some other time. :p

13. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Well if we are going to do the sabers, I'd rather it be sooner than later. Anyone have adequate tools? I could probably run to Lowe's and pick up the hardware.

14. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I have tools. I guess it depends on what kind of tools you really need. I'd like to help make these sabers.

15. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    http://bigyellowbox.tripod.com/

I am thinking of using two Style IV sabers for Cal's sabers, a style III for Jovat's first saber (plus a destroyed style III for when it gets cut) and a style I or VIII for the ancient saber, depending on which we choose. Adre's saber, unless we get it from another source, could be a Style V, I guess...

16. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    Looks easy to get the parts. I have a drill but not a rotary tool. Anyone else have this? I would be willing to get the parts for one of the sabers and can bring them to our next meeting. I'll do this. We need to get a couple more people involved.

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I've got stuff like a Dremel and a circular saw. =)

18. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    Cool! Will you come to our next meeting and bring them? We may have to change our venue.

19. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Yes, a garage or something may be helpful. I think we ought to do it sooner rather than later, because we need to start practicing the saber fight before we shoot it. Our choreographer has also offered to come help us make the sabers, he has made a couple before. What are you guys up to in the next couple weeks?

20. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Well, I'm free for the next couple weekends. Any day would be fine. Just let me know. :)

21. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm free too, as is Christian (the Choreographer) so let me know when the rest of you are available, and where we could do this.

22. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Where do the two of you live again?

23. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Eldersburg/Sykesville, Carroll County

24. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

Feb 4, 2006
    I'm available to help. I don't have a garage though.

25. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    That is going to be an issue with this, where we do it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.