main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mas Amedda - "You survived?"

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Chief_Spirit_of_Evil, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Chief_Spirit_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    "Surprised?"

Well, yes actually.

In TPM the Chagrian Vice Chair of the Galactic Senate was seen to be corrupting Chancellor Valorum. Yet come AOTC...

...he was still in power.

During his reign we see the growing of corruption, the creation of a clone army and an increase of power for Chancellor 'Nixon in space' Palpatine.

Yet, despite rumours of a Sith working on the Senate, we, thats us the audience, are not shown any evidence that the Jedi actually try and investigate him.

On top of that - who would trust him? In AOTC he actually gives advice to a room which must involve some people whom witnessed his corruption earlier in the saga.

Then in ROTS he is still by Palpatines side. Not only should the Jedi be questioning this lucky so and so but they should be questioning Palpatines decision of keeping him on.

Dont get me wrong, I am a supporter of all that is evil. Amedda is my son. I feast on his wrong doings. I just like to know my enemies:

"Good guys - why dont thou question the tall blue man with stick?"

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

2. BornonHalloween

BornonHalloween Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    I'm kinda confused. That post goes everywhere

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

If Mas Ammeda was human, and I had only seen TPM and AOTC, I'd have thought he was Lord Sidious.

4. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    In Labyrinth of Evil, Mace says that the Sith Lord could be the Royal Gaurds, Or Mas Amedda. The only reason they didn't suspect Palpatine is because he 'already controls the galaxy.'

5. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    DELETED SCENE: Revenge of the Sith

"But I don't wanna double my search! :("

6. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    I too came across that in LOE - a great title btw. The word evil cannot be used enough.

Yet, on screen we see nothing.

On top of that, wouldnt it have been normal for the good guys to question Mas Amedda due to his obvious corruptness shown throughout the saga?

"I taught my child to being authoritative. His subtleness is his flaw".

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

7. MASTER_JEDI

MASTER_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2001
    That's one thing I don't understand and that is what did it benefit Mas Amedda to allign himself with Palaptine on that level? Mas Amedda's primary job is to call for order in the senate. He's not even a politician. In face, he appears in the end as a weak minded fool, like Bib Fortuna in ROTJ when luke is using the old Jedi mind trick. Could it be that Sly Moore and Mas Amedda were victims of the Sith mind trick? Is that what it means for the Senate to be under the influence of the Dark Sith Lord?

In the end I didn't like the character of Mas Ameeda.

8. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    Mas Amedda knew all to well what was going on and embraced the evil to gain power - a wise choice! [face_skull]

But why his continuing role wasnt questioned I dont know. I see it as a risk by Palpatine to be seen with such a beautifully corrupt figure.

"Good is a point of evil"

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

9. dude4c

dude4c Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    well, i noticed that in ROTS he adresses sidious as master. there should have been more focus on him. i always wondered why he calls palps master. but just because it wasn't in the movie doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

10. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004

Not a wise choice. Sidious eventually did not need Mas anymore and had him killed.

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    According to a few sources, it says Palps stayed with Mas because he was an expert on Sith History, and Antiquities.

12. jedi_ethan

jedi_ethan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    The royal guards?? they thought the royal guards were the Sith lord?? I believe the jedi's stupidness grew to it's top in this pre-empire age.

13. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    The royal guards?? they thought the royal guards were the Sith lord?? I believe the jedi's stupidness grew to it's top in this pre-empire age.

Something tells me that if Yoda didnt know Palpatine was the Sith and suspected the Red Guards before entering his holding office then he knew shortly after...

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Mas Amedda represented the corruption of the beauracrats, but perhaps there was never actually any evidence of wrong doing? Just because someone acts shifty, doesn't mean they can be forced out of their job. And Palpatine obviously had a lot of time for him and would have kept him well protected and one assumes that as Palpatine pulled more and more power towards himself, so Mas Amedda's power would have increased, too.

As for the question of WHY Amedda went along with Palpatines plans, maybe Palpatine made him an offer he couldn't refuse? [face_devil]

15. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    mas Amedda represented the corruption of the beauracrats, but perhaps there was never actually any evidence of wrong doing? Just because someone acts shifty, doesn't mean they can be forced out of their job. And Palpatine obviously had a lot of time for him and would have kept him well protected and one assumes that as Palpatine pulled more and more power towards himself, so Mas Amedda's power would have increased, too.

I have no doubt that Amedda was helpful for Palpatine. But surely someone who was so obviously corrupt (Padme saw it with her own eyes - im sure the Jedi were there too) would be a risk for Palpatine.

Wouldnt he want to distance himself from such people?

"I promise that I will bring an end to corruption".

Nice one son.

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, Palpatine is the ULTIMATE political hypocrite. He's the guy who gets power by declaring to clean up politics, get rid of all the corruption and the delay and generally bring about a workable democracy once again. But all the time he is actually the one whos doing the corrupting. He is actually the one whos undermining Valorum. He is the one he is actually plotting to do away with democracy all together. The guy is the ultimate hypocrite! The survival of Mas Amedda is an early, powerful symbol that all is not right with Chancellor Palpatine.

17. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    Well, of course. Palpatine is doing the opposite to what he says. But most of that is behind the scenes. He doesnt want people to know he is corrupt, starting a war and is behind everything!

So, thats why im asking - why implicate himself which such corrupt figures when he is trying to be the face of peace and democracy?

How did Mas Amedda survive in his position when he is not only obviosuly corrupt but under suspicion as a possible Sith Lord?

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Myabe because he is arrogant and he can! ;)

19. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    but of course,thats how he played anakin and probably dooku as well.

that manipulative palps[face_devil]

20. Dean1138

Dean1138 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    You said it yourself - Amedda is the one being suspected, why then would the true sith lord drop him. As long as the Jedi are chasing this red herring then it stops them looking at the true master mind.

21. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm curious to know what happens to him over time. Once he's served his purpose--a corruptor and a decoy--he's bumped off by Sidious, no? I believe there's something about that in the Episode III Visual Dictionary, but I'm too lazy to go and dig it out. ;)

22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Actually, in the ROTS novel, it does imply that the Jedi suspect Mas Amedda might be the the Sith Lord. So it could very well be that Palpatine kept him around to take the heat of himself.

23. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    ^^^
    Good point. I could run with that.

Nevertheless, the Jedi didnt ever really suspect Palpatine himself and the Sith Lord could have been anyone in the Senate from their point of view. Just because Amedda wasnt around they wouldnt have suddenly suspected Palpatine.

I dont know, I think that is a good point but I just feel that Palpatine was taking an unneccessary risk keeping someone like Amedda as his aide.

Though I guess if Palpatine tried to appear whiter than white it could arouse suspicion. Maybe Amedda made Palpatine look like a real politican. If Palpatine tried to look like the most honest and honourable of politicians there would be some scepticism over why the corruption remains so strong and why the dark side surrounds him...

So I guess the answer is to take heat off Palpatine in more ways than one.

Mwa ha ha ha...ah, im bored of this halloween stuff now.

MS [face_shhh]

24. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I'm still trying to figure out why you think the investigation of Mas Amedda should've been included, or even mentioned, in RotS.

As an aside in the novelization. Tops.

25. Chief_Spirit_of_Evil

Oct 27, 2005
    Because not much of the hunt for the Sith Lord is mentioned when in fact its what their main focus should be. they know the Sith exists and they are pretyy sure there is more to the war etc. they also know he is probably influencing the Senate. It therefore makes them look pretty foolish by having someone spy of Papatine yet omitting persons such as Mas Amedda.

Find out what he knows and you're sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.