main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mask-making tutorial?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by VillieGee, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Ok. So I'm retarded. Turns out my Bossk mask isn't big enough for me. So that sucks. But I want this costume too bad to give up, so I'm starting over. Would anyone be interested in me taking progress photos for some kind of tutorial? I'm no professional with this kind of thing, but I am an artist, if that's worth anything. Or do you think there's enough tutorials out there and don't need another one?

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I don't think there can ever be enough tutorials personally. It would be interesting to see the process by which you are creating you mask, in detail, since I've never seen a detailed step-by-step making of for masks.

3. PloKoon36

PloKoon36 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    hey,
    I can actually help here. I made a plo koon mask, and a kit fisto mask for my friend. I made a tutorial and it is online here at padawansguide.com. but you can link it here:

http://www.padawansguide.com/plokoon.shtml

I used a baclava racing mask and worked with foam, then coated it with a type or latex. I did this so I didn't have to use spirit gum or glues, and the masks were easily removeable for the episode III screening we went to. They are very formfitting aswell. I could easily see bossk made this way. If you have any further questions please email me, it's on the tutorial page
    later

plo36

4. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Um... I was offering to WRITE a tutorial. Not looking for one. I'm making this mask from the ground up. I already made one but need to make a new one cuz it's too small.

5. SithLordBryJaTomarr

SithLordBryJaTomarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    That Plo Koon mask is absolutely mah-velous. I for one would love to see a tut on a Bossk mask VG! Hope you have better luck sizing this one! ^_^

6. PloKoon36

PloKoon36 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    oops,
    sorry about that I misread your post. Of course it would be excellent to see a tutorial on any mask being made, it really seems to help peoopple and helps to broaden the idea base for people to get started. Good luck with your mask

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.