main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mask of Duty - AU - guess what? A POST!!! 12-21-04!! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Care for a new fan?

Wow, great story, I am so HAPPY for both Obi and Qui! Yeah! They found each other!

I understand about being bogged down with everything, but know that your readers are sending you love and encouragment!

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    more???
    soon??

3. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Please! Please! [face_praying]

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow, you guys are so wonderful. [face_blush] Thank you so much for everything! I was trying to hold off because I don't want to get your hopes up but.....

I am currently working on a chapter for this fic. (extra hugs, kisses and special thanks to my muse beater dianethx!!! :D ) I was hoping to have the chap done already but then work became a mean tyrant again. I swear, they really need to learn I only show up to write. *sigh*

Anyway, I have some idea of where I want to go now. And that kinda helps when you want to write a story. So please offer as much encouragement as you can. My muse is starting to stray. Maybe you guys can convince her to stay! ;) Thanks again!! :D

~Ari-kun :D

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Glares at muse and raises hand, waving it slightly* "You will continue the story. You will not stray." ;) Encouragment is here! [:D] You're awesome and we would like to have more! (Image of Oliver with the bowl in his hands. "Please s'more?") hehehe ;)

Hmmm [face_thinking] about going to work juz to write... I used to do that too!! hehehe but since rotations started back up these last few mths I ain't been able to either. hehehe

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Don't worry. I've been after her to finish this one!!! :D

7. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Yes, can you believe it?!?! :eek: My muse got off her butt long enough to let me get another Chap done. And I already know some of what I'm doing for the next. The chaps may still be a bit sporadic in coming but at least you know I haven't given up on this!!

And maybe, just maybe this will get my muse working for F&B's sequel!! Here's to hoping!!! :D

Anyway, since it's been so long let me try and sum up what's been happening. hmmmm...

OK, When Obi-Wan was really young he exhibited a certain ability that put him into a different catagory for the Jedi. Knight Garg Klp, a sort of rival of Qui-Gon's, chose Obi as a Padawan as they were part of the same group. The Council sent Klp and Obi-Wan to Melida/Daan to help them. During their mission, Klp was killed and Obi-Wan was injuried. However, Obi was able to complete the mission before finally succumbing to his injury and exhaustion. While on Melida/Daan, Obi tapped into Qui's strength and knocked him out briefly. This concerned Qui and he questions the Council in order to find out what exactly was going on. They dropped hints but did not give him full disclosure. He spoke with a Soul Healer, Uulia Uvontra Vylond, in order to learn of this strange Jedi sect and Obi-Wan's part in it. In the meantime, Obi runs into Bruck, who has been tormenting him because of the incident many years ago, and ends up getting injured again. Qui and Obi have not been getting along so well and when it is Qui that saves him from Bruck, Obi is less than thankful. He runs away and ends up losing control of his abilities in the Force. Qui, along with Tahl and Bant were able to locate Obi in time and get him to a special chamber in the lower levels that was created just for such a reason. Obi-Wan's lapse caused a Force wave that went throughout the Temple. Qui's own gfeelings changed and he began to consider Obi his Padawan. Finding no one else to trust or follow, Obi began thinking the same. Qui was then called to the Council, but helped Obi cope with another fear before leaving. Now Qui must face the Council and that is where our tale continues. ;)

Um, I hope that was good enough. [face_blush] Anyway, the moment you've all been waiting for....... The POST!!!!!......... :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Bowing before the Council, the tall Jedi began, "You sent for me Masters?"

The Council head looked up at his old friend. "Yes, Qui-Gon, we have." He paused and looked over at the little green Master briefly before continuing. "We have a favour to ask of you."

An eyebrow quirked up at this statement. "This is regarding Obi-Wan, correct?" And he knew that they had much to discuss about the boy.

"Yes,? the man nodded, his voice taking on a more somber timber, ?as you know the situation has become dire and we need to get Obi-Wan's abilities under control as quickly as possible. A new Master is required to assist him with this." Before Mace can finish, Qui-Gon nods knowingly and clears his throat.

His interruption gives him the pause he needs to address his main purpose. "And that is the reason I have come Masters. Over the past few days I have seen the potential in him and have a request of my own."

Curious now, the dark Jedi questioned, "And that is?"

Squaring his shoulders and pulling himself up to his full height, he stated clearly, "I would like to take Obi-Wan Kenobi as my Padawan learner." Qui heard some of the Councilors take in a quick breath, obviously surprised at his declaration. But he paid them no heed. He was following the Force?s will, something he was certain they would see, understand and grant. But the words that hesitantly responded to his pronouncement were not at all what he was prepared for.

Mace and Yoda turned to each other a myriad of emotions flickering between them. Finally they turned back to the Knight. The petite figure looked at him sadly, "Another Master for Obi-Wan has been selected." In other words he was saying, ?Too little, too late.?

Qui-Gon's heart skipped a beat. He ha

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay!! New postie!!!

Poor Qui :( he was sooo hoping and had his heart set on taking the boy on as his Padawan. How sad!! I can understand why the Council would want another who has some Channeling experience...but the Force is leading Qui and Obi together. Oh well that's the Council for ya...

Poor Obi... I'm gonna really feel for him when Qui tells him the bad news :( Man oh man!!

I loved how you had Qui musing there. That was so great and so like Qui!!!

Excellent work and thanks so much for the postie!!!

9. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Aahhhhh!!! It's alive! :eek: :D

Good to see that your Muse is back in action again, Arldetta.

As for the Council, what Kynstar said. Most peculiar that Yoda seems to be rather obtuse as far as the Force's will is concerned. Must be because they're looking at Obi-Wan as the danger he might be, rather than a boy with a difficult ability that he is now.

Problems ahead, I sense...unless, of course, you decide to throw us all for a loop and produce a happy ending? [face_mischief]

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hurray, you got it out! and so quickly, too. Darn you!

Great post. I love that Qui-Gon wants Obi-Wan as his Padawan and is willing to butt heads with the Council to do it. He is wise to be circumspect for the moment. We shall see what this Knight is like and if he and Obi bond well.... but I'm sure the path will be rocky. When isn't it?? LOL.

Loved it, Ari. I'm glad to kick your muse's butt any time if it will get you writing!

11. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Awww... Qui and Obi are such poor lads... Fitting but still not coming together!

Great post Arldetta!
    I'm hoping for more :D (soon)

12. captainjack

captainjack Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Keels over and Dies*

NO!!!!!!!!

It's all going to work out right? Please? They have to be Master and Padawan. ARGGHH!

(By the way, thanks for posting)

13. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    Nooooooooo!

Your muse has a cruel sence of humor to leave us with this cliffie. Hopefully she's just taking a break and hasn't left. And if she has, maybe we can tempt her to come back with promises of fresh homebaked goodies.

14. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh, I am so glad you are back!! [:D] :)
    This stupid council treats Obi-Wan more like a weapon than a human beeing. :(
    I wonder what this Knight is like.
    Thank you for this wonderful post.

15. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    What a wonderful surprise! But what is this??? Giving Obi to another master? Can't they see that Qui is the perfect match?

Curious as to what you have in store here. Glad you've picked this up again.

Rather ironic that Qui wants Obi for his apprentice so bad, and is being denied. Hopefully he'll get his way eventually though :) Good to see your SW muse has not abandoned you completely ;)

--shan

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- you are back with more treats! :)

17. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    This is so good!

I had begun reading this on fanfiction.net and I checked everyday for an update. I was so happy to find it here and that there was more posted than there was at fanfiction.net.

Obi-Wan's channeling power is very interesting. Whenever you write about it all I can think is: wow, that was awesome (like a little kid, right?)

Kudos to Obi-Wan for resolving the Melida/Daan war all by himself. The scene where he speaks to Cerasi (well the place where Cerasi was killed) was very sad.

I liked how you developed the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. It wasn't all peaches and cream right from the start and it seemed realistic.

Great foreboding vision. Are we going to hear more about that?

Damn that Council for refusing Qui-Gon's request! They're lucky I'm not a Jedi because they would be hearing from me! ;)

They better not keep Obi-Wan in that room much longer.

Poor Obi-Wan. I feel so bad for him right now.

I have a feeling the next chapter is going to be really sad. [face_worried]

This is great so far.

CAN"T WAIT FOR MORE!

18. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
  19. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Oooh! What a horrible cliffie! I guess I can see where the council is coming from, wanting someone who shares Obi's gift to be his master. But Come on! The Council can be so blind sometimes. I hope Obi-Wan takes it all right. I know I wouldn't be happy if I were in the middle of bonding with my new master and the council messed it up! *grr* Anyways, that was an awsome and much needed post! Can we expect another sometime soon, since your muse is currantly being nice? And I don't mean to pester you too much, but are you going to continue working on the sequal to F&B? F&B is one of my fave fics ever, and that cliffie you gave us is absolutely horrible!

20. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Still wait for FB too. This great fic is not forgotten :)

21. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    oh yes! Would greatly love a sequel to FB if the wonderful muse of Arldeta would please spare a few sprinkles of her inspiration.

22. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    I think we should let her finish this story before she writes a new one. ;) What do you think?

23. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I absolutely love this story! Stupid council getting between my Obi and Qui. *pushes the Jedi council out of the way* Let Qui take Obi! Doesn't the Padawan get a say of 'yea' or 'nay' with a Master?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.