main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mask of Duty - AU - guess what? A POST!!! 12-21-04!! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well now you've got me curious :) Can't wait to see the new twist your planning to add to this still relatively new bunny.

Loving the distance between Qui and Obi here. That it's being imposed by Obi just makes it all the more delicious :D

Keep rambling btw :)

--shan

2. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    You're talking to Star Wars fans, my dear. If we can ignore the fact that Leia slapped a wet one on her brother in ESB, then we can ignore a few minor inconsistencies on your part. :p

I know that you don't feel that this is as polished as your other fic, but let me assure you that it still a really great read.

3. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    You see? I told you it is great! :)
    More tomorrow?

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Shan said it best. The distance between them is delicious and the angst, when it comes (and I KNOW it's coming, because this is you we're talking about :D) will be great.

Looking forward to it!

Shaindl

5. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Amen to what Opal and Shaindle said! lol. Anyways, great couple of chaps! I wonder what's going to happen to Obi-Wan if he drops his shields again, as he almost did in the tunnels. I sense much angst transferred onto Qui-Gon. It must also be hard for Qui-Gon to sympathize with Obi-Wan over the loss of his master,as Qui-Gon didn't like him. Mucho awkwardness. (okay, this is evil) but I can see Obi-Wan going to a support group and crying on someone's shoulder, a la fight club. " My name's Obi-Wan, and I lost my master and my friend in the same day! I practically live in the Temple's medical wing! My fans torture me for enjoyment! WHY??" *starts crying* There There. Let it all out, kiddo. Ah...anyways, good postie!

6. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow!! Thank you all for the lovely replies!! :D :D I wasn't expecting that. Well, if you asked me about an hour ago if I was going to have a post for tonight. I would have told you, 'maybe. depends on how much time I can get to write.' Lucky for you guys, Angel loves Winnie the Pooh. :p It's hot off the keyboard so sorry about the typos. ;) And just so you know, I thinkI like this bit. Much better than the last two in my mind. :) Of course, you can always tell me your thoughts... :D *cough*hint*cough* *cough*repliy*cough* Woah, sorry, got something caught in my throat for a sec. ;)

Anways, here's that post. :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Gradually, the Young?s head quarters became a flurry of morning activity. The mood was still somber considering the recent tragedies, but the anxiety of the coming meeting could also be felt. Qui-Gon was left alone while they moved about. Unfortunately, his time with the Young was so brief he didn?t recognize any of them. He had checked the one room where Obi-Wan first brought him to see if their leader was there but found it empty. Annoyed, he lingered in the vicinity of the room.

Some time later, the tall Knight recognized a figure heading in his direction. Purposefully, he strode up to the young man. ?I do not know if you recall our introduction last night, however, I was wondering if you knew where Obi-Wan is?? The youthful leader regarded the man cautiously.

?No, I haven?t seen him since last night.?

?He mentioned that he was going to meditate. I have been unable to locate him from that point on.?

?I don?t know what to say, Master. I hope he shows up because I don?t know what we?ll do with out him. He?s supposed to be the one negotiating this meeting. I?ll have some of my people look for him.? Nield?s eyes revealed that he was worried about the coming meeting and the disappearance of its facilitator.

?Look for who?? A calm cultured voice said from behind them. Quickly, the pair turned to find the Padawan staring blankly at them.

Nield glared up at the Knight for a moment then allowed his relief to show. ?We were going to look for you. We didn?t know where you were.?

?I couldn?t sleep. I didn?t mean to worry you.? He looked at each in turn. He could see the question burning in the Master?s gaze. Obi-Wan gathered the man did not fully believe him and he knew why. Even though, he had not lied, he knew he also wasn?t telling the whole truth either. Suppressing a sigh, he knew it would be addressed at a later time but right now he had more important matters to attend to. ?It is time for the meeting. Shall we go??

?Yes, of course. The Young are ready.?

As they approached the plaza, they were able to see that a group was already there waiting. When they were a little closer, Wehutti could be seen standing in the midst of the group. Obi-Wan and Nield exchanged glances quickly. Soon the two groups faced each other. Obi-Wan addressed them, ?Wehutti, Thank you for coming. And that your people appear to be unarmed once more.?

?They are not happy about that but they are beginning to see what must be done if our world is ever to change.? His voice was gruff and his tone soft. Reddened eyes revealed that his mourning was far from over. Perhaps when peace was achieved he could truly mourn her loss. Only one factor was missing now. ?What of the Daan??

?Gueni said that he would be here.?

?And we are.? Turning the waiting groups noticed a pack of Daan coming around the corner of a building. Gueni came walking over with his hands stretched out at his sides, a display of empty hands for all to see. ?And now that we have all gathered, it?s time to finish this once and for all.?

?Yes,? Obi-Wan agreed and a sea of nods answered silently. The leaders crowded closer to Obi-Wan. Taking a deep breath, he readied himself for the task ahead. He had worked over this strategy for part of the morning after he woke and now was the time to set it into action. Slowly, he turned in

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Another cliffie - woman, you are trying to kill us all with those danged cliffies. I assume that Qui-Gon got hit with the blaster blot but we shall see.

Good job. Keep going.

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wowzers... definitely got my attention!! This is great! I like this twist of the Melinda/Daan!!

9. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok I see how it is..cause PT has not posted anything in awhile you are going to forget to mention the fact that you updated this...

**hmph** I feel so loved...**JUST KIDDING***

Great chapters..but that last post was evil and you know it..what happened? Care to explain it?

MORE SOON PLEASE!!!

--PT

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    WIcked girl- I'm going to have to dig into my stash of bungee cords for this fic.

11. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Cliffs?!!!

AAAHHHHH!!!!

Need more soon before I loose my grip!!!

12. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Wahoo, a post so soon. Thank you! :) [face_love]
    But now I have to know what happend to Obi-Wan an Qui-Gon... ;)
    Oh evil cliffie! :D

13. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    You're really on a roll girl! :) Just keep doing whatever it is you're doing - it's great. I was so proud of Obi-Wan too :D

As usual your attention to detail is amazing - and as it's an AU it really doesn't matter if some of it differs from the books. You know what most of us think of those books anyways ;) Although the premises and OC's gleaned from them were well worth reading them for. I much prefer fan ficion.

Anyways, keep up the good work. I'll keep checking back for more.

--shan

14. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    My goodness, you are spoiling us rotten with your frequent updates of this one. (Not that I'm complaining.)

Once again, you left us with an evil cliffie. I hope you get back here and resolve it sooon. :D

15. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Awwww!! [face_blush] You guys are sooo awesome!! Luv ya! [face_love]

Well, I knew last night was a decent cliffie and I know how torturous they can be. I was thinking of leaving you all dangling until Monday, but I figured it's a holiday and holiday's are meant to be shared with friends and family. Since this holiday also means sharing sweets I knew I couldn't give you all easter baskets or anything but I can offer you a little written treat. ;)

Not only that I wasn't going to have a post ready for Forsaken and thought I could at least give you something here. So Happy Holidays!! And enjoy your candy! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Darkness slowly released its hold. He tried to open his eyes but the lids felt too heavy for him to move. Concentrating intensely he was able to pry them open. He figured that he hadn?t been out long when took in the chaos around him. Quickly, he made an assessment to find out what happened to him. But he felt no pain, no numbing to indicate he?d been shot. The only thing he could tell was that he was beyond exhausted. His limbs and body felt as if all the energy had been drained out of him.

The high pitched whine of blaster fire snapped his attention back to the center of the mob. Obi-Wan still stood, his body squared and one hand stretched out toward the shooter. As each blast drew close it deflected harmlessly into the air. Qui-Gon was baffled by this. Jedi often were able to enhanced their abilities through the Force, but what Obi-Wan was doing was incredible. With the Force he was directing the bolts away from him. How could one so young have that kind of strength or power? It didn?t make any sense.

As he watched on, Obi-Wan raised his other hand and with a flick of his fingers the blaster was yanked from Timult?s grasp. With the threat gone, others rushed in to take him down. The blaster flew into obi-Wan?s hand. The instant he saw that Timult was captured he called out to the crowd, ?This is your enemy! Not Melida. Not Daan. Not Young. But Greed! The lust for power. Those who are willing to sacrifice the innocent to achieve something insubstantial. Is greed worth your life? Is greed worth the lives of your loved ones ? your children???

?No!? The horde cried out in unison. The groups had intermingled disintegrating the invisible barriers between them. Obi-Wan looked around and smiled. He looked at Nield and Wehutti directly and could see the joy in their faces at what they were seeing and the tears that clung to their eyes.

?Look around you. Look and see that the lines no longer exist. You are one people. Let this be a new day. A new world. No longer divided but whole. It is time to start a new life. One of peace. The greatest victories do not occur on a battlefield. They are achieved when battles are won without the agonies of war! You have the chance to fight for a new cause. Will you heed the call of Peace? Will you stand together to protect it and nurture it? Are you ready for peace?!?

?Yes!? They screamed. The cheers and shouts of new found unity coursing through mass of people. You could feel the change. It was electric and alive. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon could feel it swell and merge with the Force as it flowed lovingly around them. And they knew that they had accomplished something incredible this day. No, Obi-Wan did this. I had nothing to do with it. He will be a great Knight.

?Then take up the cause and work for the one thing you can have; Peace. But the tools you will need do not include this.? He held up the blaster. ?You will need time, patience but most of all dedication. The decision is yours alone to make. You have shown faith by coming here unarmed. Now prove that you are willing to sacrifice the old ways for a future full of hope. Clear out your armories and show the rest of the world that you will no longer fight. Will you do this?? ?Yes.? ?Shall we start with this one

16. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Ach, Qui-Gon can't you see the obivous?
    There is a bond forming! :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Thanks for this beautiful post. You brightend up my day. [face_love] :D

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! Ya made me day!! Thanks for the post and the early Easter wishes! And back at ya for them too!! It was great! And the fact that Obi didn't tell anybody about his wound... how 'Obi-Wanish' is that? ;) hehehehe Great work!!!

And yep, there be something forming there between the two! :D

Way to go Arldetta! Can't wait for the next postie!!!

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job, yet again Ari. Okay, so I was wrong the last time - I'll be wrong this time. Qui was feeding him energy through the Force without realizing it because a BOND is forming.... We shall see what our innovative writer comes up with...

Loving it! Keep going!!!

19. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    You were certainly the right person for this bunny. I think it was rapid - and that you are caught in a feverish pitch of wonderfully amazing writing :) I hope no one hurries with the antiboitics :D

Great job. Loved Obi's extraordinary Force usage ;)

--shan

20. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Wow...what a post..and yes the little comments to help make one very happy. And gives you the bost need to keep writing...

And <b>shan</b> do I take it that you like obi angst as much as the rest of us...;)

Keep up the good work Arl...and Happy Easter to you and your family also.

--PT

21. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    You gave us a post full of Obi angst for Easter? Thank You, Arldetta. [face_love]

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhh- lookie what I found in my easter basket :D

23. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Eh, gads, ;) That was very enjoyable. I must admit to liking good Obi torture. Maybe we'll get more angst, then some mush. (giggles, then rubs hands together.) Thanks and happy easter/passover.
    ~Rosy

24. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Yippee!!

We get a few answers :D , and a lot more questions...

It was a great post Arldetta, I certainly look forward to more...especially if you really are able to get it up later today!!!!

25. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Awsome! The only good thing about not having the internet at home is that I can come back from a weekend and fine two awesome posts! And I have the most interesting theory in my brain about why Qui-Gon blacked out and why Obi-Wan has a blaster wound on his back...I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out! And I was thinking along the same lines as Qui-Gon...it seems that Klp instilled some "bad habits" in Obi-Wan, but he also taught him some amazing skills. Still, if Obi is acting this way because of ideals taught by Klp, which are endangering his life, I'd say he's better off without such skills...anyways, great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.