main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mask of Duty - AU - guess what? A POST!!! 12-21-04!! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arldetta, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow! I don't know how you manage to keep pumping this one out so quickly and keep it as good as it is. I look forward to finding out what you have in store for us next.

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks all for the lovely reviews once more. Hmmm, with all the comments though, I don't know how you will all react to this little chappie. Go ahead and read it and let me know after. k? ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan sat there stunned, his mind racing at lightspeed. The sensation of his Master when he woke, he assumed that was Garg, but now he could remember feeling that there was something different. Could it be that the Force has willed this man to be his new Master? He just couldn?t believe it. They always seemed to end up fighting. Why would the Force choose to pair them?

It has to be some sick joke. His mind argued. It just couldn?t be. Frantically, his mind began searching for a bond, any type of link that connected them. He sighed in relief when he found nothing. He stared up at the Master then. ?There?s no bond.?

?I cannot sense one either. But there is a link of some kind between us. I was able to find you when no one else could. And you have always been able to sense me.?

?That?s nothing special. I can usually feel the people around me. Sometimes it?s hard distinguishing my own thoughts from everyone else.? He mulled over this new dilemma and recalled that when he was in the hall it was Qui-Gon who found him. At the time he was concentrating on other things and didn?t even think about how he had been able to locate him. His curiosity was getting the better of him. ?How were you able to find me? My shields were up, no one?s been able to do it before. If I concentrated hard enough I could even hide from my Master.?

?In my mind?s eye, you were like a blackhole to me. It was like the Force was collapsing in around you. I followed the void I saw.?

Obi-Wan pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He looked at nothing, distant. ?A void, that is always how I pictured it when I closed myself off.?

?You don?t have to close yourself off, Obi-Wan. We can work together.?

?But you are not like me. The result could be disastrous.?

?I am prepared to face the consequences.?

?Even if the consequences lead to the death of thousands maybe even millions? Or even your own death??

?I thought we had already discussed this, your place in this coming darkness has not been determined.?

?It has to me.?

?Well, it has not to me. You forget that if your visions prove true and our horizon looks bleak, you may be the only one to bring us back in to the light. Each of us has trials to face, perhaps the darkness is your trial.?

?My trial?? Obi-Wan asked distantly. He hadn?t ever thought of it that way. Could that be why the Force chose to reveal the darkness to him? Closing his eyes, he began searching for the images he locked away deep within him. So often he had pushed them back, frightened by what they showed. And now he was willingly drudging up those nightmares. The instant he unlocked them, they flooded his mind. So intense was the bombardment that he gasped and clutched his head.

Qui-Gon automatically moved to comfort the distraught boy. Placing one hand on the trembling back and the other on the boy?s wrist he was not ready for the assault that greeted him. The images flashed through his mind?s eye so quickly he had a hard time holding on to any of them. Little recognition could be had, but he could feel. There was so much pain and despair. And an overwhelming sense of betrayal. What ever was to come it was due to this heinous act. The blanket of torment covered the galaxy quickly, conquering it with little resistance. So many innocents lost. But through out all the images that came he began to notice a theme throughout them. Barely able to make out the familiar garb of various Jedi, he watched as many of them were being hunted down and killed. And in the end there was a horrible chuckle that rejoiced in all the destruction.

It was over. The images, the sounds, the feelings, everything. Slowly, the Knight began to come back to reality. His mind still rac

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Heck, I didn't want a heated battle. I thought it was just right! I like that the two of them are getting along. They will need to be in accord if the Council has anything to say about their relationship.

Good job.

4. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Surprise, surprise...no fight? That was great, Arldetta! If it didn't happen then, I suspect one will erupt when it's least expected... :p

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Totally awsome post!!!!!!!!

This time it was Qui-Gon who could not maintain eye contact. Slowly, he stood and took a step away from the cot. His arms folding defensively in front of him. ?No, I know what I felt. It was a mirror, an echo of the pain I live with daily. It is the heartache of deceit, after one you trusted turns around and takes everything from you. No, your pain was not that of anger and hate, which could lead down that path of treachery, but of one who had been used.?
    That juz cut through to my heart! *Sniff* poor Qui and he knows the feeling too... knows it all too well

GREAT job!!!!

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    That was great. I wasn't really expecting anything in particular, I thought the way you handled things was perfect :)

I like that Qui got a sense of Obi's vision. It definately will make him take it more seriously, as he should. He's really going to have his hands full with this Obi :) But it is so obvious that they belong together.

Can't wait to see what you've got planned next. Great writing.

--shan

7. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    That postie fit just right in my opinion. :D

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What they all said up there. Just right, Arl! I love how Obi-Wan wants to trust Qui, but then won't let himself, and then does so unconsciously at the end of the chapter when he calls Qui Master. Lovely job!

Shaindl

9. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    No way we wouldn't like it! That was a great post, though very sad. Awwww. I expected that Obi-Wan would react more aggressively, as he did sometimes in the past when Qui-Gon imposed upon him. But confusion is also an understandable reaction. Has he accepted the role of Qui-Gon's padawan then? It seems like it. Ach, I feel so bad for Obi-Wan, with his visions of the future to come. I can't believe that he blames himself for all that suffering! He should know himself better, that he would never willingly aid someone else's suffering. He blames himself far too much. I don't know if it was a good idea or not that Obi didn't ask Qui about who would betray him. I guess it wouldn't have changed anything...I wonder what Obi's force explosion did to the rest of Coruscant? This should be interesting! Sorry about my stream-of-consiousness posts, but hey, what can ya do? Great post!

10. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I like that Obi-Wan starts to trust Qui-Gon. :)
    Hope the council'll give them a chance.

11. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Love the last two posts they were awsome..Love where you muse is taking this little fic..can not wait to see more..and I for one am glad that there was not a heated battle between them..but I am a bit nervous at what new dangers you are coxaing up for our newly created team.

Keep up the good work..

--PT

12. waterlilee

waterlilee Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    ack!! how could i have not found this before?!?!? wow.....this thing is awesome, Arldetta!! so what happened to FnB?? lol...jk....as long as you don't give up on that one

but yeah, anyways, this is K-rock from ff.net, btw...i just have a diff name here....wow again...keep going!

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  14. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    I loved that post - is another one coming soon?

15. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
  16. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Just finished catching up on this story! Love it--can't wait for more!

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  18. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    **pokes thread and wonder where its writer ran off to**

**watches as it floats to the top of the board and then get stuck on a low hanging branch**

Oh no..I um **goes to try to get it down**

--PT

19. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Howdy, howdy, howdy!! Good news and Good news for you all. My muses finally decided to end the strike. (Well, at least I hope so.) I have a post for you all today here AND I finished a draft for Forsaken!! :D So hopefully in the next few days you'll see a post there too. ;)

So anyways, here's todays post. Not exactly sure about it, but I'll make my comments at the end. [face_plain]

-------------------------------------------------------

They sat in silence for a while contemplating their most recent discussion. Obi-Wan buried his head in his arms that wrapped around his knees. He was still doubtful of the future but he did feel a bit better by Qui-Gon?s insight. He was starting to feel drowsy again now that most of the stress and excitement were over.

Qui-Gon sat watching the boy. His focus on the here and now. Questions continued to pester him. What would happen to the boy now? Would the Council let them pair up? Could he train Obi-Wan to conquer his emotions? Would he fail the boy like his last Padawan? Could Obi-Wan ever really betray the Jedi? So many more came and went and he realized he had no answers. The best he could offer was a valiant effort to help the youth recover.

A short time later, the door to the room opened up. Master Uvontra entered with a mild smile. ?Master Qui-Gon, the Council is asking for you.?

Obi-Wan?s head shot up at the announcement. ?Me too?? he asked timidly.

?No young one. You will stay here. Some of them will be down to talk with you after.?

He watched her for a moment and read into the underlying truth. ?I?m not allowed to leave this room, am I??

The two Jedi Masters shared a quick glance as she walked over to sit next to him on the bed. ?I?m afraid not Obi-Wan. The incident has unnerved many of them and they do not want to risk others should you lose control again.?

Honestly, he was not surprised. In fact he was almost grateful for it. There was only one concern he had about his immediate situation. ?Will you stay with me Master Uvontra while Qui-Gon?s gone??

?I can stay for a little while but I do have a few appointments that I must get to.? She spoke truthfully. She wished she could stay but these were meetings that had been rather difficult to schedule and were for the Coruscant Security Force. She had already cancelled all her sessions within the order, but these she couldn?t break. The disappointment on his face was apparent.

?Oh,? he said softly, looking down at the sheets in front of him.

?Will that be alright with you??

?Sure.? She knew he was lying but would not push the subject. Sighing she looked over at the Knight. He read her crystal eyes clearly.

?Master, would you excuse us for a moment. I would like to talk to Obi-Wan before I leave.?

?Of course.? She got up and walked out side to wait for him.

As soon as she was gone, Qui-Gon stood and moved to sit next to the quiet youth. He could sense a building tension and was curious as to the cause. ?Is something wrong Obi-Wan??

?No Master, you should hurry before the Council gets upset with you.?

?It would not be a first. And it would do them good to wait.? Obi-Wan looked up at the man, shocked he would say such things. Master Garg would have bounded up to the Council Chamber in an instant. Once again memory plagued him with loss. But Qui-Gon quickly fended off such dark thoughts. ?Sometimes getting a taste of their own medicine does them good too.? He winked and smiled. Cautiously, Obi-Wan returned the gesture. ?Now, what is it that?s troubling you??

Obi-Wan glanced away. ?It?s nothing. Really.? But Qui could feel a spike of apprehension from the Padawan.

?There?s something wrong. I can feel it. You are worried about something. Please, let me know what it is and I will help you.? The sincerity and concern in the older man?s voice caused Obi-Wan to regard him thoughtfully. In truth, he was surprised to hear that Qui-Gon could feel his tension.

?You?ll think me silly.?

?I doubt it. But I can only be ce

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Ari, Ari, Ari, you know that I like mush. Works just as well as angst and sometimes you need both for balance!

Great job. I'm glad that the two of them are bonding so well. Hopefully, it will work out!!!

21. Opal

Nov 17, 2003
    Likewise. A bit of mush every now and again makes the angst all that angstier (if that's a word?).

Glad to see you back. :)

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh Opal lucky you beat me and ya wanna know how? ;) having major electrical storms here and lost power for a good 1/2 hour!! ;) hehehehe

Ahhhh Arldetta I LOVE mush with angst!! You did SPLENDIDLY!!! And I'm glad you got 'fluffy'!! Great totally great!!!!! LOVED it 150%!! well more if it was possible!!!

I'm grateful that the 2 have something in common! Even if it is a 'lullaby' that was sooooooo sweeet!!!

Well enough of my exclamation points already, eh? *snrk* But I mean it! Every last bloody '!' too!! hehehe :D :D :D *Stands and applauds loudly*

23. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    Hmm fluff..WHOO!!!! me like fluff every now and then..it does the body good..:)

Can not wait to read more..

--PT

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I've had an awful week (well, month to tell the truth) this little mush was just what I needed :)

25. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    An update! Nice. I'm glad that Obi-Wan finally recieved some comfort. Its nice he finally broke, it would be hard to stay that stoic constantly. Thanks. Good job.
    ~Rosy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.