main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Masquerade... Another Obi-Wan/Trinity story...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rennati, Jun 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennati

Rennati Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2001
    As requested.. Masquerade.. The follow-up to More Education... :)

Summary: Another Obi-Wan Kenobi/Trinity Salka story. This one, Trinity and Obi-Wan have a mission that they must go on together. And they have to pretend they?re dating. Can they do it?

This one takes place about two years after "More Education." Obi-Wan is 19, and Trinity Salka is 27.

Disclaimer: George owns Obi-Wan, I get Trinity. Tee Hee Hee. :)

Masquerade

Adi Gallia sat at her desk in the Jedi Temple, her hood pulled up close around her face. Her parents were Corellian, and she had spent most of her life on Coruscant. She was the most in tune to the inner workings of the Republic. She had heard about rumors through her spy network, and today, she had a problem.

She stared at Trinity Salka with large dark eyes. ?I need your help with something, Miss Salka.? Her face remained somber.

?Of course, Master Gallia. What can I do?? Trinity smiled at her. Trinity was a reporter for the holonews-vid, the Coruscant Word. Her assignment, the Jedi Temple. She interviewed many of the Jedi and reported the activities of the Temple to the outside world, enlightening them to the inner workings of the Temple. She was the only reporter allowed inside access to the temple, something that had given her some notoriety amongst her peers.

?You know of the masquerade ball next week??

?I have heard of it. Only the most elite in the galaxy are invited.? Trinity smiled.

Gallia reached into a side drawer of her desk and produced a data card. She tossed it across the desk at Trinity. ?You are now invited.?

Trinity picked up the data card. ?I don?t understand.?

?I have reason to believe that someone is going to attempt a, shall we say, disruption, at the function. I want you there to document everything you can. It may come in handy.? Gallia said, tapping her fingers on the desktop.

?I understand. Do I need a date??

?You will take Padawan Kenobi with you.? Gallia said. ?I understand that the two of you are close??

?Yes, we are good friends.?

?Good, then the two of you will not mind pretending to be courting for the event.? Gallia said.

?Will we be the only ones attending from the Temple??

?It is possible.?

?I?m confused.? Trinity said.

?All the information you need is here,? she pulled another data card from her desk and tossed it to her. ?Follow those instructions specifically. Brief Padawan Kenobi after you have reviewed everything on them. The things you will be needing will be here at the Temple, I will have them sent to Kenobi the day of the ball.?

?Yes, ma?am.? Trinity stood. ?Is there anything else??

?No. You may go.? Gallia said, looking down at her desk, grabbing a data pad from one corner and going over it.

?Good day then, Master Gallia.? Trinity said as she walked out the door.

Obi-Wan Kenobi sat at a table with several other male Padawans, laughing and eating their lunch. The guys joked, as young men did, about everything under the stars; their masters, the female Padawans, anything and everything.

??yeah, she is pretty,? Dreem said, smiling at Obi-Wan. ?But I?ll tell you, there is another female running around here that I would like to get tied up in a saber dual,? he winked at Kenobi.

Kenobi laughed. ?And who might that be? Yaddle, perhaps??

The table erupted in laughter.

?Hey now, that wasn?t funny!? Dreem replied, his face serious. ?No, there?s a beautiful gal running around here, and she?s even a civie!?

Kenobi snapped his head around to look at Dreem. There were very few civilians running around the Temple. Only one was beautiful, as far as he knew.

?What does this one look like, Dreem?? one of the other Padawans laughingly asked.

?Well,? he began, running his fingers through his dark hair. ?She?s tall, slender, long dark red hair. That perfectly angular face, big, beautiful eyes,?

With each description, the Padawans at the table began to let out loud ?ohhs?

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Yay! Glad to see this here :D :D I loved that, with Obi-Wan and his friends!

aa :)

3. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Oooooooooh, another Obi/Trinity!! They are SUCH a cool couple!!! Awesome job as always, Renatti!!

4. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Ohhh.... you both flatter me so much! You're too kind...

The next part is on the way.

Rennati

5. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Interesting start. Can't wait to read the next part, please. :)

6. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001

Thanks to all for your really nice reviews, I hope this chapter meets your approval!

Rennati

Masquerade Part Two

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Trinity Salka entered the door just off the landing platform to the small boutique. The tiny place was filled with racks and racks of costumes, packed so tightly together, they barely had room to move around the shop. The musty smell of wood permeated the room, filling it with an almost welcoming smell. Trinity glanced about, looking for someplace they could sit down and look at some sample holograms. She looked back at Obi-Wan and noticed that he?d tucked his long Padawan braid into his collar and he?d removed his lightsaber.

A lovely Twi?leck came up to them, smiling, as soon as they entered the shop.

?Greetings, how can I assist you??

?I?m Trinity Salka, I have an appointment in about forty-five minutes for a costume fitting. This is my date for the evening, and he will need a costume also. Do you have time to assist him? We would like to have somewhat matching costumes, if possible.?

?Of course I can.? She smiled broadly at them. ?What kind of costume were you looking for?? She asked Obi-Wan.

?I just want to match Trinity, I suppose,? he said softly. <I am so nervous about this,> he thought to Trinity.

<It?ll be okay.> Trinity grabbed Obi-Wan?s hand and squeezed it gently.

?Well, hold on a moment, let me see what Trinity is wearing, and we?ll go from there.? The Twi?leck stepped over to a counter and began rummaging through some files.

<Should we be acting like we are dating or something?> Obi asked her.

<Well, under the circumstances, it might not be a bad idea.> Trinity replied.

<What should I be doing?>

<Put your arm around me.>

Obi-Wan did as he was told, and slipped his arm around her, pulling her just a tiny bit closer to him. Trinity could feel the warmth of his body as she neared him. She smiled softly to herself, amused at the sudden comfort and safety she felt with this not-quite-twenty-year-old man?s arms around her.

?Here we are,? The Twi?leck came back toward them, holding a small holo-projector. She raised the holo projector up before the two of them, pressing the activation button as she did so. The hologram displayed a three dimensional wire-mesh shape of a body, similar to Trinity's build, with an elaborate costume covering it.

The costume had a high collar that stuck up in the air as high as the ears, in a bold, red sequence pattern, that made the undermost dress, split in an inverted v-cut at the legs. It also had a long, dark, dramatically full covering, large and heavy, that attached at the waist with a black belt. The belt had three long golden rods hanging off it in a fan-like pattern. The headpiece of the costume was a large square-shaped crown with a fan of small gold rods that covered the face.

Trinity nodded at the design. "It's Merancaian, correct?"

The Twi-leck nodded her head. "Yes, a wonderfully regal design, similar almost exactly to the old regal styles of the Meranca houses of old. And, it followed your specifications of requirements for the design."

"I see that it does." Trinity replied. "Do you have a sample that I can try on?"

"Of course." The Twi'leck glanced at Obi Wan. "Would you like to see some designs that followed her costume?"

Obi-Wan nodded.

The Twi'leck darted off back to the counter, pulling out a couple of holo projectors. She was back in an instant, flashing them in front of Obi-Wan. "We have several designs that might suit you." She began flashing several costumes, similar in cut to the one Trinity will be wearing, but varying in style just slightly.

Obi removed his arm from around Trinity's waist and crossed his arms across his chest. He watched the displays carefully, until he saw one that he liked. "That one, I like that one."

The Twi'leck stopped, glancing down at the design. "Wonderful taste, sir. This costume would be stunning next to hers. Why, I can even adjust the wide waistband t

7. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    OKay, I haven't read this since you posted it here, but I have read it at ff.net, so I am Upping this so I will know where it is at! UP!

8. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Wooooooo hoooooooo!

It has begun! Up!

9. Taesara_Kenobi

Taesara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2001
    Yayaya! This should be fun :) Where can I find the other ones, btw? The ones on fanfiction.net, right? Or are they on the JC?

10. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Thanks for the great reviews TJG! I really appreciate it... :) :) :)

Taesara --

You can find all my Obi stories at my web site

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/TranquilityStars/Jasmine.html

This one is the third in a series, followed by one in the works, and the fourth is also on the site.

Thanks! :)

Later
    Rennati

11. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  12. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, here you go, this is the next part of Masquerade.. Enjoy! :)

Rennati

Obi-Wan and Trinity entered the masquerade ball at the Senatorial Palace in the middle of Coruscant. The room was full of people, Obi-Wan estimated at least two hundred. The huge room seemed to sway of its own accord, people mingling from one side to another, and the center filled itself with people dancing.

They had walked through security without any problems. Obi-Wan had been concerned that the security would detect his lightsaber, but they didn?t. Now, the couple mingled through the crowd of people.

<There?s Chancellor Valorum,> Obi-Wan thought, gesturing toward the far side of the room. He placed his hand at the small of Trinity?s back and began guiding her through the crowd to a better vantage point.

<So what do we do now?> Trinity thought as they stopped in a place that kept the Chancellor in a strong line of site.

?I was hoping you?d know.? Obi replied.

A server droid stopped in front of them, offering them drinks. Both of them took a glass of whatever the blue liquid was. Trinity took a sip off it and blinked.

?Be careful, it?s strong,? she said softly.

Obi-Wan nodded and took a sip carefully. The fiery liquid poured down his throat, and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head.

?I told you,? Trinity said, smiling at him.

<Look over there,> Obi-wan thought to her. He gestured slightly to the left.

Trinity looked at what he gestured at. She saw instantly what he was referring to. Master Jinn, in his bounty hunter costume, danced slowly with Master Cremina. She grinned a large, full smile.

<They look pretty friendly,> Trinity thought.

<He will not admit that anything is going on between them. I am certain that something is, though.>

<I wouldn?t doubt it. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out. I?ve interviewed her a few times. Very kind woman. Excellent saber fighter.>

<Shall we follow their lead?> Obi stuck his arm out, and Trinity took it.

They headed out onto the dance floor, and began to dance slowly with one another. They danced slowly, moving in time to the music. Obi-Wan led, spinning them around the dance floor like a professional.

?I had no idea you knew how to dance like this!? Trinity exclaimed.

?This is the only kind of dancing I know how to do.? He smiled at her. ?Pre-designed, or organized, formal dancing is something that most of us males need to know how to do. For diplomatic reasons,? he winked.

?I see.? Trinity said.

They danced around the floor for another song, when Trinity saw someone come up from behind them, with a large helmet on. The large man tapped Obi-Wan on the shoulder, and Obi smiled, letting Trinity go.

Trinity shot Obi-Wan a look, confusion filling her face.

?You look lovely this evening, Trinity,? Master Jinn?s voice came out of the helmet.

Trinity let out a sigh of relief. ?You startled me. I didn?t recognize you. And thank you.?

?You don?t remember my costume? You hurt your hand on it.?

?Until we got here, everything has been a blur.?

Qui-Gon chuckled under the mask. He spun her around and pulled her back to him.

?So, are things serious between you and Master Cremina?? Trinity asked, a glint of orneriness in her eyes.

A soft chuckle came from the mask. ?I see Obi-Wan has told you of his theories.?

?I guessed before he told me, thank you.?

?You are intuitive, Miss Salka.? He said, glancing over his shoulder.

?That?s my job, sir.? She said, smiling at him.

?Have you thought more about what I said to you the other day??

?I have thought about it,? she said slowly. ?I don?t think that anything romantic will occur between your student and I, but I am flattered that you think it might.?

?Trinity,? he began, ?he is like a son to me, and there is not a woman in the galaxy that I would rather see him with romantically. You two have a special relationship, something that can never be destroyed. It will on

13. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Awww, great post!

Up!

And there is a country song that reminds me of this song:

Toby Keith: "If You Kiss Me Like This,"

It totally fits them!

14. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Another good post! Yikes, I never wanna see someone kill themselves. [face_plain]

15. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Masquerade -- this is the second to last post. Takes place immediatly after they leave the ball. Gets really good here.

Thanks to all for your great comments! :)

There will be one more post after this one, in a few days. :)

They arrived at her apartment, and Trinity still seemed dazed. She had barely spoke in the transport, and seemed lost inwardly. She walked in her apartment, and flipped on the lights, with very little acknowledgement of her surroundings. She began working the costume off, but couldn?t get some of the clasps undone, and Obi-Wan stepped up to her, undoing the clasps for her. He removed the over-dress, and she started removing the under-dress too.

?Would you like me to leave?? Obi-Wan asked.

She stopped and turned to look at him. ?No, please don?t go.? Her eyes were filled with tears. He was at her side in a moment, embracing her and allowing her to cry against his shoulder. He ran his fingers up and down her bare back, whispering softly to her, and running his fingers through her hair.

"You are a kind, caring person who loves life, comprehending such a waste of life is appalling to you. It goes against all the commands of the Force," he whispered as he pulled her to him again, guiding her to the couch, and they sat down, his arms wrapped around her, allowing her this time to ache.

She trembled in his arms, her tears like white-hot magma against his skin. She poured out her every angst against his chest. She shuddered in his arms, projecting thoughts louder than she realized. <How can I loose my Obi-Wan? I can't loose him! I can't!>

Obi-Wan didn't move his head, but he clearly heard her thoughts. <You will not loose me, Trinity, I promise.> His face remained stoic, his mind running amuck. <What is she thinking? She cannot mean what she said,> he thought. <She is upset and confused, Her logic is not working..> He sat there, probing her mind softly, trying to caress it into calmness. He sent her every warm and gentle thought he could muster, anything to ease her pain.

After a few minutes, she stopped crying and just sat there, her head resting against his chest. He continued his caresses, holding her to him. He listened to her breathing, as it calmed and slowed, returning to a normal pace. He could feel her eyelashes on his chest, fluttering softly. He felt himself drift into a hypnotic rhythm of listening, and his mind seemed to loose its perception. He seemed to drift off, floating over the scene, watching from a different perspective. Seeing the two of them together, curled up on the couch, him holding her close.

Trinity shifted slightly, causing Obi to jerk. She pulled away from him. "I have to get out of this dress." Obi-Wan released her from his arms as she stood.

She headed into the refresher. Obi-Wan could hear the water running, and after a few minutes she came back out in a long robe that hung open. Underneath was a long sleeping shift. Her face looked fresher, but the signs of crying had not gone away. Her hair had been taken down, and the curls hung loosely around her shoulders.

?Here,? she said, handing him the items that Master Gallia had wanted her to wear. ?It looks like the recordings are in tact.? Her face was somber.

?I am not leaving until I know you are all right.? Obi-Wan said.

?Hey,? she said, smiling a tired smile at him. ?I just need some sleep, I?ll be fine.?

?I am not leaving.? Obi-Wan said, staring at her. He began removing his own costume, laying the heavy fabrics down, and stood before her in just the bottom black tunic of the costume on.

?I?m just going to go to sleep.?

?I am staying. I will make sure you are asleep, then I will leave.?

Trinity began crawling into her bed, shrugging her shoulders. ?I?m too tired to argue with you.? She laid down in the bed, pulling the covers up around her. Obi-Wan came around the couch and seated himself on the bed next to her. He was about to lay down, when one of Trinity?s eyes popped open.

16. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Nice post! Cant wait to see more! Up!

17. Broken-Sabre

May 13, 2001
    Great work. Poor Obi. What will Master Jinn decide to do about this? :)

18. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Kissie kissie, oh my, what am I saying!?!?!?!

19. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Thanks. [face_blush] There's one more post, I'll get it up tomorrow..

later,
    Rennati

20. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Another great post, Rennati!

21. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Aw, what will it take before Obi and Trinity see that they belong together? They're so silly!!

Fantastic, as always, Renatti!! :D

22. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Okay, here's the last chapter of Masquerade...

Enjoy!

Three weeks had passed since the ball, and Obi-Wan still worked on his penance for staying out overnight. He knew he should not have stayed out, but he did anyway. Now, he had to clean the windows in the Temple. All two thousand of them. And he had to do them all by hand. The only windows he did not have to clean were the ones in private quarters.

Every day since the incident, he woke, went to classes, and spent any and all free time cleaning the windows. It was not a normal punishment for a Padawan, but Master Jinn was very good about coming up with unusual punishments for him.

Obi had very little left to do, he was in the last chamber, the Conservatory. His clothes were dirty and his body was covered in sweat.

?If I never clean another window again, it will be too soon,? he mumbled to himself as he wiped the window down with cleaner. ?I will never live in a place with windows again.?

He had endured the countless comments from fellow Padawans, who would come in and say things to him, or about him in earshot. Some, including Dreem, would put hand prints on freshly cleaned windows, just to antagonize him. He tried to ignore the comments, a lot of which had to do with Trinity. Still, he kept his anger in check.

He hadn?t seen Trinity since the morning after the ball. Of course, he didn?t have time to see her, either. This punishment gave him time, if nothing else, then to reflect on what had happened. Privately, when no one was around. He had come to the only obvious conclusion.

He loved her.

Rather, he was falling in love with her.

He didn?t want to admit it to himself, but he was. <Naturally, I fall for a woman far beyond what I can achieve for a consort,> he thought sourly.

?You have always pushed the bar up higher than most in every instance,? Master Jinn?s voice filled the empty room. ?Why should your heart be any different??

?Master? I was, I mean?? he stammered. ?You did not need to hear those thoughts,? he replied, angrily.

?Padawan, let me tell you something.? Master Jinn began. ?Since I have known Trinity Salka, I have known that there was something special about her. Something that I could never grasp until recently. When I first met her, I will admit, I was attracted to her, but I knew I was far too old to even consider such a relationship. She was your age when I met her.? He pulled two chairs nearby over to the two of them. He gestured that Obi-Wan sit down as he took a seat.

?As I got to know her, I saw things about her that intrigued me. She took an instant liking to you, no matter how much you pushed her away. She found your possessiveness quite humorous, and made it her mission to antagonize you.?

Obi-Wan smiled at the comment. He remembered far too well how she always seemed to bother him when he was younger, always popping up and saying hello, and at the most unnecessary times.

?Did you know that when she interview you for her news-vid that you were the first Padawan she had interviewed? That you were the reason she started the section in her vid about Padawans??

?No, I was not aware.?

?She adored you for years, long before you two ever became friends.?

?Pardon me, Master, but what does that have to do with anything now??

?I am just trying to make you see, Padawan, that your relationship with her has taken seven years to get to the point it is now. The closeness that you two have is admirable and it runs incredibly deep. Not many people I have ever encountered have ever had that kind of deep respect for each other.?

?Thank you.? Obi bowed his head. He didn?t know how to respond to his master?s praise.

?I just do not want you to rush anything with her, do not press any feelings upon her that might endanger your relationship. She cares for you so deeply, I do not think she even understands how much. If you admit anything to her before the time is right, you may endanger that relationship. I fear that if you do,

23. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, poor, poor, Obi. :( I can't wait till you post the next part!!! :D Great ending!!

24. Rennati

Mar 27, 2001
    Thanks Dant... :) You make me feel soo good!!

The next story is coming!

Later
    Rennati

25. Broken-Sabre

May 13, 2001
    Interesting ending, so when does the next one start. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.