main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 -- Action (RPGs?) made by BioWare (ME3 Spoilers Hidden!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Oct 5, 2005.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Which is exaclty how I'm getting Shadow Broker free this week then this free when it is released [face_dancing]

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I found out how to modify ME2 saves for the 360. It took a while but it was worth it to have the major decisions I wanted. I also have this hairstyle that you can't get any other way:

[image=http://www.masseffect2faces.com/images/hairStyles/MassEffect_2010-02-05_18-05-51-28.jpg]

Yup, my Femme!Shep has a mohawk! [face_dancing]

If anyone wants to know how I did I'll stick the instructions up somewhere.

I have a question though. The game comes on two discs but I don't know what's on Disc 2. I've just tried loading a save using Disc 2 almost expecting it to say 'Please insert Disc 1' at any point, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. So what is the difference and why have two discs when only one is used?

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Once you get past a certain point in the game (Horizon maybe?) you have to insert disc 2 to play the game. Both discs have the base game, but each contain different missions.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Seems like the last DLC has been (accidentally) announced.

Mass Effect 2: Arrival

The Reapers are coming, the Reapers are coming!

Maybe.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Not just missions, but hub worlds as well. To land on Ilium or Tuchanka you gotta load up disc 2 no matter at which point you're in the game.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You can't get to Ilium or Tuchanka before Horizon though, can you?

Anyways, I'm having problems with ME2. I load it it, it comes up with the 'press start' thing, I press start, it zooms in, and then it goes blank. Nothing happens and nothing works. The discs look fine and other Forza 3 loads ok. Any ideas?

7. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Try loading/playing other games. Also try cleaning your ME2 discs. If the game still doesn't load, it might be that your game discs are corrupted. Is your game copy brand new or used?

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Forza 3 works and I've played a bit of Reach since I last played ME2. I've checked the discs and they seem fine. I did get it new.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Hmm...you did say you modded your 360's ME2 save files, correct? Perhaps that might be the problem?

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, but I modded the first save I could make, and I've been playing for ages since then with no problems. I'm going to take it into a game shop or somewhere and see if they can help.

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but have you tried launching the game from either of the two discs? It'd struck me as very strange that both discs got damaged at the same time. I still think the likely culprit here is your modded file, that maybe it's now interferring with the normal boot process for the game. I'd delete or otherwise remove it, just in case.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I moved it to a memory pen and ME2 worked. What am I supposed to do now? I've played too far into the game to want to start again, as in all recruitments done except for Legion and a load of missions done too. Even if I start again I'm going to mod the save file because scanning for resources is just too boring, and I love having a mohawk.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    In this case I hate being right. The MS/EA gods must've caught a whiff of it and decided to corrupt it and end all your MS priviledges...or something like that.

What should you do now? I'm afraid my dear you should do what most of us have done: play both games normally and work from there. Sometimes cheating just doesn't pay. A bunch of us have played this game way too many times and still enjoy the hell out of it. Everytime you will experience something new when playing from different perspectives (be it as a MaleShep or FemShep, Paragon or Renegade). Maybe it won't be as bad an experience as you might think it is.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll admit that giving myself 5 million of each resource is cheating, but that's all I did, except for the hair thing and ME1 flags thing which didn't work (mutter, grumble). I guess I'll just have to find a cheap copy of ME now.

Edit: I am loath to buy the 'Classics' edition, though I might if it's got something that the regular edition doesn't have. ME doesn't have anything like the Cerberus Network or something that only comes with a new copy, does it? I've checked my PC copy and I can't see anything. So really, what I guess I'm asking, is which one? New ME, Used ME, or New 'Classics' ME?

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You should get the Classics Edition since it's as "new" a copy of ME1 as you'll be able to find anywhere else and a better deal for that matter. It brings quite a few cool extras: the Bring Down The Sky DLC mission, the original soundtrack as well as some other videos/documentaries. Well worth the price of admission IMO.

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Be envious for me - I've just started this for the first time with the PS3 edition!

17. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Bring Down The Sky is free for everyone nowadays - just grab the download from the ME website.

Moose, any luck fixing your save? I can't imagine this is an unfixable problem, considering us PC gamers have been modding our saves for months.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Jedi Ben: cool, hope you like it! :D

DarthXan318: I gave up on it in the end and bought ME1. It'll mean I'll have to do the planet scanning and stuff but I'm sure there's a website or guide out there that'll tell me how much of everything I need.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    ME2 so far is of 2 halves:

The Excellent: Story execution and depth of, interaction and conversation

The not-so-good: Combat. Game doesn't help itself when it requires you to move a smidgenb to the left or right in order to fire out of cover. Use of powers is weird, doesn't feel like anything happens, I don't see anything change and having to hold the damn thing open - they couldn't have put a toggle on/off option in? Had a load of rocket drones turn up, "use overload" goes the game, yeah, well, if you made it big frigging easier maybe I would. I just ended up deciding to screw it and let the 2 wonderfully accurate AI squad characters shoot everything. It's strange that DA:eek: gave you an enemy map but this doesn't and lacks other refinements like making the radial menu easier to use.

Hopefully I'll get the hang of it, but right now it's quite cumbersome.

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    So, how is it running on the PS3 so far? Sometimes I've been debating about buying it for that system, just to have it all on one disc (multiple discs wouldn't be so bad if it was easier to take the disc out of a multi-disc box, every time I take it out, I'm always afraid I'll accidentally break my game disc), but meh, I don't care about ME that much.

Which class are you playing as anyway? Powers are ok, but I always tended towards the soldier class myself (plenty of guns and ammo). Still haven't gotten around to playing DAO, but enemy map? You can see where the enemies are when you're looking at the radial wheel, although its not like that map is the most accurate thing either. I'll probably get the reference when I go through that game (although not sure I'll have enough time before the sequel is released).

And what's the Classics edition? Is that the downloadable version? The "something Hits" version? (I have a hard time keeping straight what each company calls their best-sellers).

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's like a 'best sellers' thing, I guess. It's not a download version, it's a physical copy.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Finally got Overload to work and it's the lack of any noticeable audio-visual tag to say it's used that's the big problem - all that happens is the shields on the target go down a fraction, but that isn't that noticeable in the middle of a firefight. Combat also seems to suffer from the problem I had in Uncharted 1, namely the "let's have all the enemies run around fast so you spend all your time trying to target them while getting shot". Don't know how but that seemed fixed in Uncharted 2.

Equally, could be I'm getting too old for this crap.

23. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    never had much of a problem with stuff running around myself, just have to hide/run around yourself, depending on the situation. *shrugs*

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, you're a decade younger than me though you know! :)

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What class and difficulty setting? I don't remember having the problems you describe. Is there anywhere specific that I could look out for? I think if I go there and see for myself it'd help. As for the cover thing, at least it's easier to go into cover in ME2 than it is in ME1 on the 360. ;)