Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 -- Action (RPGs?) made by BioWare (ME3 Spoilers Hidden!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord-Draco, Oct 5, 2005.

1. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Pfft, murder is a legal definition.

... You can tell which option I chose. :p I came away from that loyalty mission thinking it'd been abnormally short, because it went something like this:

Garrus: So there's this guy who sold out my team and I wanna kill him. Help me do it?
    Shepard: Okay.
    Garrus: Great, he's here, let's track him down.
    Shepard: Lead the way.
    Garrus: Go talk to him and distract him while I set up a shot.
    Shepard: Sure.
    Garrus: You're in the way, move a bit to the side.
    Shepard: *moves*
    Garrus: *shoots and kills Sidonis*
    Shepard: Great! Let's head home.

I'm paraphrasing obviously, but it did make for a curiously short and easy loyalty mission. Only much later on did I realise there'd been a whole lot more to it on the Paragon side. Oh well, next playthrough.
  2. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Did the Justicar mission today. What was quite smart is you go into this room and there's an Asari hiding by the name of Elnora, ended up opting for the renegade action and killed her - hadn't kind of planned it as such, as she had claimed she was a reluctant mercenary wannabe, that she hadn't really shot the target. Then a short while later guess what I find? Yup, log entry where the bitch is revelling in the killing! Garrus then quipped it was good that we killed her!
  3. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Talking of the Justicar, I have a question about her loyalty mission. So the mission is to kill her daughter, and in my first run through I did. I haven't gotten there yet with any other run through and I'd like to know something for when I do. I got the feeling that if you didn't help the Justicar then you helped her daughter instead. Would that mean you'd get the daughter on your team? Or would you keep the Justicar and need another way of getting her loyal?
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
  5. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I usually go Paragon, but the first time I played through it, I let her go, then I found out later, whoops. Argh, stupid Bioware, you offer a Paragon option, then later on turns out you shouldn't have let her go. Would be even worse if it turns out in ME3 she turns up again as some major killer or extra sub-boss you have to fight (hope not, and anyway, reloaded that mission and then killed her that time).

And yeah, if you help kill Samara, the daughter takes her place on the team, although most people don't notice any differences. And I think you need a high Paragon or Renegade score to get the option though (yeah, funny that even with high Paragon I saw the option), although not entirely sure on that. A few different conversations on the ship, but the main plot still plays out the same. After that, though... well, I'm semi-sure that having the daughter on your team won't be reflected in ME3 given how it ends for Sheppard.
  6. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    On balance I'm far more Paragon than Renegade.... But I do have my moments.

Aside from shooting her, I pulled a gun on Pitne Vors and head-butted a Korogan today.
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i... don't think there's any requirements on the justicar mission for the ending of it, it's just a decision you have to make.
  8. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110312165215/masseffect/images/4/43/Arrival_leaflet.jpg]

Now that I'm done with DA2, I think I might just go back and replay ME2.
  9. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I always think you should get some kind of reward for having the guts to do that. I mean, Krogans are like living tanks and could easily kill you with a headbutt. :p
  10. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5

Me, I don't think Shepard thought it through that well when headbutting Worf there, considering the monumental headache -- if not outright head fracture -- he shoulda gotten from doing that!
  11. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I still say that Earth gets blown up in Arrival, and the main plot of Mass Effect 3 is preventing the Reapers from destroying any more planets.

Earth needs to blow up more in Sci Fi.
  12. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Considering Earth was in the trailer for ME3, blowing it up in Arrival might be difficult. Also, the plot summary says "take back Earth", which kind of implies that it's at least still in one piece.
  13. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    The Assassin Recruitment....

I corner an Eclipse guard:

"I got nothing to say to you! And if you do anything my team will come running!"

Renegade prompt - Shepherd kicks him out the window!

"How about goodbye?"

I was laughing my arse off at this! Truly superb scripting. Later on, that same prompt goes active with Telon, but he's no threat so I let it go.
  14. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Shepard has carbon bones, muscles that are reinforces with steel fibers, and Shepard's body automatically gets flooded with medigel whenever Shepard takes an injury. Anything that doesn't kill Shepard outright is healed within minutes!
  15. Darth_Furio Force Ghost

star 7
    If Shepard was wearing the Blood Dragon Armour then I think he would have been fine. That helmet looked pretty solid. :p
  16. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/thumb/8/8e/Arrival1.png/800px-Arrival1.png]

Arrival has...arrived.
  17. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There's a second shot up on the OS, 304942 [face_thinking]
  18. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Right. I had forgotten that Shepard is a bit more machine than man now, so I guess he COULD give your average Halo SpartanII Supersoldier a run for their money. Drat.
  19. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    Did not expect another DLC package...guess I need to familiarize myself with ME again, been a while.
  20. Darth_Furio Force Ghost

star 7
    Any idea on what Arrival is about? Is it the arrival of the Reapers from Dark Space attacking earth?
  21. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    ME2 won the BAFTA award for Best Game last night. I think it's a well deserved award, and congrats go to BioWare. =D=
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Huh...more than a full year after it came out and it's NOW that those guys acknowledged its awesomeness? Ok...
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The awards are for games released in the previous year, so yeah, that's why it's been over a year since its release.
  24. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    God what a load of rubbish Thane's loyalty mission is. You get stuck on a load of catwalks, the waste of space I'm supposed to tail disappears, suddenly there's a sodding meter ticking down and I'm screwed. Wonderful design that is, totally unclear, can't redo or anything.

If Bioware are going to insist on spring surprise crap like this - make it ^%$£"! clear you bunch of idiots. This is even worse than that crashging ship - yup, we'll screw your map over, make a bridge pitch black so you can't see it.

Pure idiocy.

You just can't experiment with the game - if you have to keep saving so bloody often then the game design's a failure.
  25. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I didn't have a problem with that mission. I thought it was all straight forward.