Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 -- Action (RPGs?) made by BioWare (ME3 Spoilers Hidden!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lord-Draco, Oct 5, 2005.

1. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, because it's not possible to offer downloadable content for a PC. After all, they didn't do it with KOTOR.

Oh wait.

I think this'll remain 360 exclusive, but not for that reason.
  2. Darth_FattyAss Jedi Master

star 1

You mean to say I can use this plastic box in front of me to....how did you say?...."Download"

That's exactly what I meant smartass. The downloadable content will most likely be an XBOX Live exclusive. So, if they do decide to port it to PC, I doubt that PC gamers will have the oppotunity to get their hands on that content.
  3. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Why would they do that though? The downloadable content for KOTOR was available on the PC. All that would do was hurt sales of a PC version.
  4. Lord-Draco Force Ghost

star 4
    Errrr.....

Lol, I love KOTOR and all, I hold it as my best RPG experience and the best Star Wars game of all time. However please lets keep this from turning into a KOTOR discussion and get back in track with Mass Effect, which could surpass KOTOR in many ways....
  5. Darth_FattyAss Jedi Master

star 1
    MarcusP2.....Thanks for unlocking the thread.

As I stated in the previous thread....

For those of you who aren't familiar it's a new Action RPG from Bioware (The Developer who made the original KOTOR) that will be coming out early 2007 for the 360. I have to say I'm surprised I haven't seen more talk on these boards about Mass Effect. Everything I've seen and heard about this game is positive. The game is getting unbelivable reviews and it seems like a no-brainer for anyone who enjoyed KOTOR. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else is interested and what they think about it?

Here is a link to their site: http://masseffect.bioware.com/

They talk about HALO 3 or Gears of War being a system seller....To me this game is the sole reason I'm buying a 360.
  6. Master-Fett Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been looking into it alot... theres just nothing to look into yet really. I'm psyced for it as well though.
  7. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Pretty much the same for me. After a price drop I'll probably grab a 360 in order to play this. Hopefully by then there will be some other games I want.
  8. LottDodd Force Ghost

star 4
    The last time I posted in this thread it was 10/11/05... I am absolutely dying for this game and have heard it should be out in may or june. What is the latest on this game and is anyone as excited about it as me. I bought my 360 specifically for this game.
  9. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Bioware isn't giving out a release date until they are certain they are finished. They don't want to rush it just to meet a deadline. Any speculation on a release date at this point is just that - speculation. However, a prequel novel, written by Drew Karpyshyn (Darth Bane) is being released in May, so I would guess it'll be sometime around then.
  10. FollowTheSnowflies Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really looking forward to this one. Like many others, this game alone may be the reason I buy a 360. I didn't blink at Gears of War or Halo 3, this is more my kind of thing.
  11. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    IGN just posted a new video, and it appears that Keith David does a voice in it, which makes it even more awesome.
  12. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Buying a console for one game is among the stupidest things I have ever heard of.
  13. Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Master

star 3

Actually, The Force Unleashed really pushed me into getting a next-generation console- and then I heard about Mass Effect and that sealed the deal. This game looks awesome- I've heard rumours of release dates ranging from May 22nd through to July 30th...it'd be nice to get an official release date.

If you're buying a 360 for Mass Effect, I don't think it's stupid at all. You're getting an amazing console which has some of the best games around, and Mass Effect will be great on it. I bought my 360 ten days ago, and I love it. Guitar Hero II will keep you occupied until ME is released :D
  14. JANGOANTILLES Jedi Master

star 4
    I see the print ads for ME have already started appearing in magazines but no release date is mentioned. Is it too optimistic to hope for April? [face_praying]
  15. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm buying a 360 for Mass Effect - among other things. Certainly I intend to get my money's worth, as there are a number of other 360 titles that I would love to have: Gears of War, Guitar Hero, the Tom Clancy product line... Combine all that with other upcoming games (GTA4), and the 360's well worth it.

But if I were to narrow it all down to one reason... it'd be Bioware.
  16. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Julius from Saints Row...

Wicked.
  17. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. JasperMereel_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    How is the video? Is it pretty sweet?
  19. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Well an Autumn release was mentioned not long ago, so I reckon September will be the earliest possible release date. But I'm cool with that, I'd rather have a polished game than it be rushed out half finished IMO.
  20. Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Master

star 3
    I saw the displays for pre-orders at my local EB today- I was told that the release date (for Mass Effect) was July 25th. He (the storeperson) sounded fairly confident, so we can only hope...:)
  21. zacparis VIP

star 7
  22. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    They definately said it wasn't going to be show at E3 this year which everyone seems to take as proof that it will be out before the end of July (or whenever in July E3 is). I'm still hoping for a May release, but as it's the last day of April, the chances now seem slim. C'mon June!!

Is there a minimum amount of time between an announcement and its actual street date? Is is possible they could still make a May release, even though it hasn't been announced yet?

Probably what will happen is that August will roll around and we'll get that dreaded "it'll come out when it's ******* done" announcement; or, like Timesplitters, they'll inform us that with just one bug left to work out, they decided to scrap it and start over.
  23. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm hoping for an early fall release, as my roommate has the 360, so I wouldn't be able to play during the summer anyway.

Oh so looking forward to this game.
  24. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Anyone read the prequel novel?
  25. LottDodd Force Ghost

star 4
    I read it and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed Karpyshan's Darth Bane novel as well.

I truly felt like a geek buying a novel based on a videogame I haven't even played yet the day the book was released.

I have such stratesphericly High hopes for this game, I need a release date soon.