main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Effect 1,2 & 3 -- Action (RPGs?) made by BioWare (ME3 Spoilers Hidden!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    This game is looking to be pretty amazing. It is shaping up to be a Game of the Year Contender. But Halo 3 is the reason I bought a 360, and I am more pumped for that.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm looking over the six character classes and there is one skill that looks cool as hell; reverse engineering. The Engineer is the buffer type class which kind of turns me off but that ability appeals to me.

When I played as the Sentinel class in KOTOR I made sure to pump up combat skills and I wound up with a fight monster that had super skills and got enough credits early on from being able to unlock things rather than blow them up or bash them to advance and euip easier. It looks like I could do that with the Engineer.

3. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Dear Bioware/Microsoft,

Please set a release date for this game. I don't care when it is. I just want to get on with the rest of my life.

Sincerly,
    Me

4. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    So, I'm taking the announcement of Assassin's Creed coming in November to mean Mass Effect has slipped to a holiday release at the soonest.

The whole "It'll be out before E3, we promise!" then nothing until it started showing up on lists of what will be shown at E3 has me a little miffed.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I'm hoping they'll announce the release date next week at E3. Hoping. I really don't mind the wait knowing that it's because they're making it perfect. I'd prefer another KotOR over a KotOR2....

6. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Went by EBGames in the mall here in Austin and they had Mass Effect cases under their "Coming Soon" section-- Wonder what that means?:confused:

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    That it's coming soon? Hopefully?

8. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Amazon's had "coming soon" for months now. The official site still hasn't got a release date.

9. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005

Coming soon - in January '08.

At least that's what I'm expecting.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A gamer I know who is reading the novel said that if the game is as good as the book then it's going to be one hell of a game.

11. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I say Christmas.

12. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    ... last time I checked it was all but confirmed for late summer/early fall.

13. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Nothing was ever confirmed. The official website has stated time after time, they have never announced a release date, and anything you hear is pure speculation.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=559883&forum=104

I hope they announce it soon... I'm getting bored of not knowing.

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Isn't their conference at E3 rather soon? Probably'll be announced then.

15. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The stage demo's tomorrow, but they might announce something tonight at MS's press conference.

16. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    It's November.

This year.

EDIT: Reaction later...

17. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Finally, a date!

New trailer

Excuse me while I change my pants.

18. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I! Want! An! Xbox!

19. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Did I just see the Normandy change shape? :eek: Some kind of variable geometry or landing configuration perhaps?

20. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    I think it changes shape to land. It is in the background of one of the new screenshots, and it has definitely undergone some shape shifting to accommodate a grounded posture.

21. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I can't freakin wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

22. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm personally glad that they're aiming for November, one, because it gives me some time to scrounge up some money after buying Halo 3 and two, it gives them time to give the game a through polishing. (we don't want another KOTOR2)

23. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    It think story and programming wise, Mass Effect has been done since mid or late spring when they said it wouldn't be shown at E3. I think they've had problems debugging the game and that accounts for the game's slip to November.

The bugs in KOTOR 2 never really bothered me. I was the unfinished story, and their inability to even completely excise the unfinished story arcs from the final game that killed me.

Go-To confronting Bao-Dur's drone for no discernible reason was the single biggest WT* moment in videogame history for me.

Sorry for going off-topic there.

24. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    But BioWare didn't even make KOTOR 2, I don't know why people keep bringing it up.

25. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    I know, I'm just saying that Bioware probably isn't working on the game's content anymore so the extra time won't affect what content is in the game like the extra time that KOTOR II should have been given.