main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler

Kesler seemed a bit confused by everything that had just occurred. It was all a blur it happened so fast. But, from what he understood, Mara was just playing tough but she was actually one of the "good guys". But why had they told him and not anyone else? And they knew Kesler just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Would have been great if they had said something about it earlier. Maybe then his stomach would have- His stomach. In all the excitement, he had forgotten about it. Maybe the barkeep did try to poison him... In any event, now wasn't the time. Now...he was staring down some horrific half-man creature. He was a bounty hunter, not a cyborg-mutant-zombie hunter.

When he saw the creature, Kesler said a few naughty words to he would only say in certain circumstances. And this was one of them.

"Run!" he heard Kai scream to the others.

Running seemed like a good idea.

Taking up the rear of the group like he was ordered, Kesler back-pedaled toward the metal door while firing his assault weapon at the creature.

TAG: The group called "The Ten"...

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    MedBay

"So what is it for?"

That came from Lyle who was crouched down next to the body of a soldier; a commando of the said raid that Merlot had mentioned over the comms. He hadn't asked if it was Merlot that killed him but Lyle didn't need to be a genius to figure it out that Merlot had a gun, there was a dead guy with a hole in his head, and the only other official-looking person was the woman who was unconscious. So either Merlot had killed the man or the woman had and she had been knocked out. Lyle was leaning more towards the former.

Right now Lyle was just searching for anymore weapons that the guy may have on him. If it was just going to be him and the doctor, they were going to need plenty weapons to help with their survival. While they fussed over the microchip, Lyle paused in his search to peer at it. He knew something about computer components and other hardware - he was the one that worked with the scanners and demolitions afterall -, so even if he wasn't an expert he could see that the small chip was unlike anything that was in the hands of human, turian, asari, whatever.

As much as am educational challenge the simple chip could be, Lyle was more concerned about other things.

"Is she going to live?" he questioned, nodding his head to the prone form of Eyana. Considering that Lyle had just dragged her with him through a good portion of the colony, he was going to be pretty annoyed if she ended up dying. "What was it trying to do to her?"

The thought of the metal spider did remind Lyle that he had a sample. A hand drifting to the compartment, Lyle held out the crushed remains of the spider that had apparently "implanted" the chip in Eyana. Despite having given the spider a good beating until it had stopped twitching, maybe there was something that the professor could gain from the shattered remains. "I have it right here. I kind of smashed it just a bit but maybe you could still examine it and see if you can find out about..."

What? It's purpose? It's origins? Lyle didn't know but he figured that any information that they could gain from it would help.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins, TSG

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Underground

Aleena lowered her hand and brought her gun up. She ignored the Salaarian and gave a burst into the direction of the fleeing spiders. Only when she was sure there was nothing more to kill she lowered her gun. ?Get out of there, Beyana. Now. Get a sealed room and await further contact.? Then she turned to the salaarian. ?Something like that.? Her leg was fast as lightning as it shot into the air, kicking his gun and then without setting down his head in rapid succession.

?Call me an intruder. And a pretty angry one, actually. And you would be the guy I wanted to kill all day? The guy who brought all this wonderful adventuring upon us??

Tag: Fin

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually for oversight. There was a little confusion between Draco and me. Level 6 from the intropost is Level 1 now. I counted up, he counted down. So the offical levels.

Level 7 ? Hangars (Mining) and Warehouses
    Level 6 ? Machines and Mining Area (largest Level, as it is very high tob house the melting)
    Level 5 ? Storage, also Promenade, Menry, MedBay 1 etc. and isolated from the rest ?Weapons Chamber?
    Level 4 ? The Labs
    Level 3 ? Gunship Hangar, Technical Services, Lower Management, Docking-Facilities for transports
    Level 2 ? Crew Quarters, Medbay 2
    Level 1 ? (former Level 6 of Draco) Administration and Command Center
    Level 0 ? The Lounge above the Colony and Administrator´s quarters

All of this is surrounded by the SKIN, the double isolated walls of the colony that keep the gas out. Between the inner layer and outer layer there are about five meters full of machinery.

On with the show . . .

[color=crimson][i]Medbay, Level 5 were are now , actually . . . [/i][/color]

Merlot looked up at Lyle. ?Honestly? I do not have a clue what it´s for.? He looked at the chip a bit longer than lay it aside. ?But didn´t you say something about humans melted with machines? I could imagine this was the first step in some sort of . . .? Shaking his head he turned around for another scanner, when Lyle brought out the spider. Merlot immediately focused on it. The Hanar Professor stepped closer, too.

?It looks like it was made of different parts.? Merlot said and took it to the next operation table. A laser-cutter lay ready and he cut it open. Pushing pieces aside. ?Can you give me a hand here?? He asked and they ripped the spider apart, until they found it´s central command cortex. In it´s midst was another of the black ships. Merlot held the one he had retrieved from the Asari next to it and looked at Lyle. ?Identical, from what I see.? He said. He stepped back. ?You said something about a hybrid? Half human, half machine?? Merlot sighed. ?Eyana got a very low fluid and mineral level. As if she was drained by something. But she seems to have baradium in her veins. Poisonous to most species, although Asari can take quite a portion of it. It is a great transmitter, though. Enough of it and you can transmit electronical signals. Lyle, I think they tried to turn her into a machine. ? Merlot said. It was hard to believe, was it? ?They probably try to do this to all of us.?

[b]Tag: Sarge[/b]

[color=crimson][i]Above the Workshop[/i][/color]

Kai´s word worked like a command to all of them. They turned, saw it and began to ran. Manfred quickly catched up with the core-group. But hans remained at the rear with Kesler and fired at the thing, while moving to the metal door. "RUN, RUN, RUN!" The was Mara now. She had already reacehd the metal door and kept her hand over the shutting mechanism. Beneath them sprawling activity suddenly turned it´s attention towards them. Metal spiders of different construction came crawling up every pillar and wall around them. Some even tried to leap at the running crew. One of them reacehd the Asari dancer, but Talmot hit it off her with his assault rifle and helped her up. She never got to her feet . . .

The creature took Kai´s command as serious as everybody. With it´s powerful metal legs it began to charge. It was incredibly fast, incredibly strong. Unstoppable. And it´s right weapon arm send a first long blast of energy. A mining drill now made a deadly weapon. Mara pushed Taylor into cover splitsecond before her head was cut of. But the rising Asari dancer rising right into it and fell dead to the ground, as he skull was cut open by the powerful beam. Collin grabbed Talmot and ran. The gangway trmebled under the creatures stomping steps. Even the fire of Kesler and Hans did not stop it. The meat was ripped open, but the metal only send of sparks. And like machine, not a human it kept on coming.

Most escaped to the safety of the corridor, but Mara waited to shut the doors until Hans and Keslar arrived last. Manfred looked at Kai

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

The Asari dancer had fallen. They were now down to nine.

Picking up the rear of the group with Hans, Kesler continued to back-pedal toward the door while firing at the creature that was chasing them. Due to all the excitement, Kesler was in pain. His stomach began to cramp up again from that drugged drink at the bar, and the wounds from the bullet's he took were slowly tearing open again, little spots of blood beginning to slowly seep out of the wounds under his armor.

Fighting the pain, he continued on. He was only a few steps from the door when he stepped on something mechanical. Another little machine, perhaps?

As he stopped to look at the spiders that were climbing on to the walkway, he noticed Hans was just standing there, unloading everything at the creature.

"What are you doing? Come on!" Kesler rushed up toward Hans, fired a few quick bursts into the creatures feet hoping to slow it down for at least an extra second. Kesler threw his right arm across Hans' big chest and quickly jerked him backward toward the door. Trying to pull Hans back, Kesler stumbled over the spiders on the floor, and hoped he would fall far enough to reach the others through the doorway...

TAG: Fins and The Nine...

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: So here it is. i never worked so long on combined post as I did on this one. and actually it is 90 percent written by Fin :p Fin asked me to clearify that this post is recommended to be read by anyobdy who wants to know what is behind Mass Effect- Ashen! It is obviously as much of a background story as we will ever get. I must say loved reading it over hte past few days as it slowly came to my PM box bit by bit.

Aleena & Dr. Orlon
    The Unknown Colony

The Salarian obviously admitted his crimes. His failures. Aleena was surprised she even felt a moment of pity for him. Her assault rifle lowered and she sighed. ?great, then you are the guy I wanted to talk to all day. What the hell is going on here?? He asked, but now less sharp then before. The Salarian looked at her.

?You are from Ashen, are you? Are you infected? Have they reached . . . certainly, by now they must be at your colony. Oh why did I not warn you when I could. You know we always thought the danger of them awakening was . . . academic. They are old than any living race. Older than the Prometheans, you know? We believe this race existed 600.000 years ago. Two or three cycles ago, when the Prometheans were but a dream. Who knows who lived back then on Citadel!? He smiled, then shook his head. ?What could such an ancient riddle do to us? What? Sure, when we read Shepards report . . . we started to realize this could be connected. Then the dead Reaper was found. And we found out they killed him, then we should have know there was a war. And obviously they had not won. But this??

Aleena sighed and cowered before the man. ?Doctor? I assume you are a Doctor, right? I don´t understand a word. Please begin at the beginning and then work from one riddle to the next, so I have a chance, yes??

The Salarian looked at her and nodded.

?25 years ago we found traces of a species more ancient and more mysterious than any we had ever seen before. They seemed to consist of machines, much like the Geth. But we found bodies indicating them living peacefully with organic life forms. We began researching this and soon found . . . this. The planet was not even called Ashen back then. We found the old city beneath the planet and this entrance through the mountain and began to . . . dig. We were archeologists, you know? Whatever we have become, originally we were simply grave robbers with a license.? He smiled. ?And this was one grave. Mrs. Asari have you seen it?? Aleena felt uncomfortable about it and shook her head. The doctor forced himself to his feet and stumbled over to the leftside of the corridor. Aleena checked for any hostiles and was happy to see they were kept alone, so far. The Salarian punched a button and a large view screen opened. Below them lay the ruins he had talked about. They went as far as the eyes could see . . .

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/362/d/8/abandoned_alien_ruins_by_tarrzan-d35w5v8.jpg]

?By the Gods . . . ? Aleena stepped closer and looked at them. ?Are thy in the whole mountain?? She asked. The Salarian smiled. ?Yes. Today they are in the mountain. Originally this was the entrance, the gates, the border town to their real kingdom that lies two miles below the surface and is much larger. It is cut of by recent volcanic activity though. We never reached it. And we had enough to find out here, the Gods know. More than enough to research for several lifetimes.? Aleena regained her coolness and looked at the Salarian.

?Why does nobody know about it? If you are officially why keep it a secret from us?? It made no sense and yet she already knew the story.

?The head of our project decided to get more . . .exotic funding. The possible practical implications of our findings lead to much more interesting investors than the research committees. This race was technological advanced and in it´s final years not exactly peaceful.?

?You sold your research to the industrial complex for weapons research. Right? And let me guess, they mad you push the whole thing furthe

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Above the workshop . . .

Kai and Manfred never managed to acitvate their overloads. It all happened too fast.

Kesler made it into the corridor and beyond the wall with his fall. Most of him anyway. As he looked up, giving a last burst at the creature nad hearing the beeping sound of overheating, he saw his feet still on the gangway. Before he could say a thing mara had pushed the button and the doors shut with rapid speed. Kesler felt how he was drawn over the floor and the doors actually hit his boots as they closed. Only thanks to talmot´s quick thinking the Bounty Hunter still had feets.

Everybody relaxed for a second. They started breathing again. weapons cooled down. "Damned, it´s worse . . . than . . . we thought." Manfred commented on the situation. And behind him the door began to glow. The creature used it´s drill for it´s original purprose. To cut through something. "Damned." Mara spitted out and brought her gun up.

In the walls they heard the dribbling sound of thousands of spiders. Mara hissed out and turned to Kai. "Listen Quarian, down there are the crew quarters, right? Take Manfred and get your people out of there. Taylor? Kesler? You go with them. All others, we need to buy them more time." And Mara nodded to Manfred. "Go and save your people!"

And as if theyh ad waited for commands to be given,the wall exploded on their left and thousands of metallic spiders poured out. Hans who had only calmed down for a seoncd screamed out in anger and shot at the opening. Collin, so far much more clam joined him in the attack. Pushing Taylor towards the Quarian Mara yelled at them a last time. "GO!"

Mac had not been adressed, but he asumed he wnet with the techs and dragged Kai to the crewquarters, already.

Tag: Livi, Leigh, Dubya

8. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

The doors slammed closed.

Kess laid there for a moment to catch his breath. As he rolled over on to one knee, he looked up at Talmot. The barkeep he thought drugged him just saved him from losing a limb. Kesler stood up and gave a "thanks" to Talmot.

As orders were given, the wall exploded open and spiders began spilling out everywhere. "Perfect..." Kesler commented sarcastically.

"GO!" he heard someone yell.

Kesler ran away from the mechanical creatures with the others.

TAG: the Nine...

9. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    The workshop

Everything was moving too fast. Kai barely had time to register the death of the asari dancer before Mara was yelling at them to go. Nodding dumbly, the quarian let herself be hustled towards the crew quarters by Mac, the whole situation starting to feel like something happening to someone else, a long way away.

As she ran after Mac, Kai's brain started to fill with a prayer to her ancestors.

Pleasepleasepleaseohgodsdon'tletmedieohancestorspleaseI'llbegooodpleaseplease....

[TAG The Nine]

10. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Medbay

Her eyes, her dark metal eyes snapped open and the light was filtered into a perfect vision of the lamb above. She heard the voices, not the word, but the voices whisper in her head. Slowly she moved her head. there were more voices. Dr. Merlot. And a man. Some kind of man. She returned her head into the position it had began and closed her eyes. Nothing betrayed her consciousness, now.

Two men. And a million voices commanding them to perish.

Tag: The Fin and The Sarge (you guys should be a band)

11. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Medbay

"So is she going to be okay?" Lyle asked again.

For some reason the fact that the metal spiders had been trying to turn Eyana into a machine didn't bother Lyle as much as he knew it should've. Maybe it was because of the monster that he had encountered in the hangar. He had seen how that body of what had to be a human seemed to have been grafted into the metal that made up its arms and legs. What other theory could there have been other then someone had tried to combine a human with machine parts? Despite how fearful Lyle had been about the encounter - hell, about everything that has been happening so far -, something in his mind had registered it and so Merlot's discovery didn't seem so surprising to him.

And he had heard of this before. The geth, during their rampage, had been able to turn humans into machines right? Some kind of zombie cyborgs that had been on Eden Prime. Terrifying surely, but once again it was just something that Lyle knew about that made the revelation seem not so dire.

"Weren't the geth able to do this before?" Lyle asked them. "On Eden Prime right? Is it the geth then? Are they responsible for what's going on?"

The half-human, half-machine monstrosity down in the hangar, the metal spiders. Was it some kind of new weapon that the geth were developing? Though the Battle for the Citadel had long since been over, there were still geth holdouts that the human Alliance were fighting. Was all this a way for the geth to fight back?

TAG: The Fins and the Sith (Better name imo :p )

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Beyond the Workshop . . .

Manfred kept his cool head after all and made sure every emergency door between them and the spiders was closed. Everybody else kept on running until they reached the central gate 7704. Entrance to the green shifts crew quarters. It was locked. Red lights at the console indicated that clearly. Catching their breaths Mac looked at it and then slided down the wall. His fitness was not the best he had ever had and he was to fragile to carry around a gun all day. "Kai, can you open it?" He asked her.

Manfred stepped next to Kesler. "Good job you did on that gateway." He smiled at him and was exhausted too. "If we get those miners we probably have a fighting chance."

It sounded a bit as if he was assuring himself of it. he looked at Taylor and nodded. "We need to cover the door when the quarian get´s it open." he then coughed and raised his gun at it. "Gimme a hand here, guys. Or a gun."

Tag: Livi, Dubya, Leigh

Medbay . . .

"I think she will be . . . I don´t know. I would need to run a complete check on her, but if she survives the poisoning, she should be fine." Merlot sighed. He felt helpless. And dirty. He had killed a man. Something he would never forget. He never forgot anything. Drell´s usually did not.

Then the Geth came up. "Geth? Yeah. Maybe? It is a lot more sophisticated than anything I heard about. But with all these tales of the flagship of them turning spectres. Who knows? Yeah maybe." Merlot folded his arms. He gave Cira a look. She would sleep for a few more hours, right? "Listen Lyle. This is bad. We need to contact the Administrator and get off this colony. Evac is our only hope to save her and whoever is alive out there. I hope that old bastard is still up there, controling the colony. But lights are on and gas has not yet filled the air, so I think he is. Can you try to get there? I think I should stay with her. Or maybe, I should . . . come with you. Hell. I don´t know what to do. But if we don´t do anything they´llcome for us sooner or later." The Drell´s head hang down for the first time. He felt exahsuted. Where was Beyane? Was she alive?

Tag: Sarge, TSG

Unknown Colony . . .

"Destroy . . . yes. Yes." The Salaarian had obviously not considered it. "You´ll never make it Asari. there is only one way to do it and you´ll never make it. You would need to go to the center of those ruins and that is where most of htem are coming from. I saw them drag corpses there. From all we know they could have a million of these spiders there." He shook his head. "The only way to destroy them would be to destroy the reactor we placed there. They originally used thermal energy, but they seemed to have lost it. So we powered them with a Quarian reactor. But I don´t know how to destroy it. it is protected by adamantium shell and the Quarian . . . Lotos, I haven´t seen him since it all began. Asari, our only hope is flee. There are to escape shuttles, one might still be free to use. One on the far edge of this level, I was on my way there, the other . . . well for the other we would need to go through the ruins and that is impossible. Impossible." his voice trembled with fear.

Tag: Sirak

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I knew it.

Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Impossible. "Sorry, Doc. that is not something that will keep me from trying." She sighed and checked her gun. "I got people here on Ashen to trust in me to help them. And the only help I can give them is stop the flow of these things towards our colony. How many scientists and staff did you have here? 300? 400? We got over 2000 people. I can´t give them my colony." Stepping towards the viewport she tried to get an idea of the rough shape of the cave. "So I think I know I can provide a Quarian. can I communicate with the outsdie from the core? And how exactly do I get there?"

14. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Not-GM-Anymore-Note:

I won´t be around for quite some time, but I wanted to send this game my farewell and I asked to Sirak to put together the finale for me in a Doc and send it to my email. Somewhere, someday I´ll take time and read it with ME soundtrack in my ears and a cool Coke in my hand and enjoy it. Thanks again to everyone and especially you Fin for making my plot look so good! :p I promise I´ll never ask you for a favour like this again, my friend!

15. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Central Gate 7704

"Bosh'tet!"

All the running and yelling had made the inside of Kai's visor fog. Stopping next to the gate, the quarian took a moment to fiddle with her suit's controls and activate the demister before turning to the door. Mac had already started opening the gate.

Holstering her pistol and powering up her omni-tool, Kai followed suit. The engineer hoped against hope that there wouldn't be more of the spiders on the other side to greet them.

"Of course, knowing our luck, there's going to be a full-blown Reaper on the other side of this door."

[TAG The Nine]

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

The one called Manfred stepped next to Kesler. "Good job you did on that gateway," he said with a smile.

Kesler, also trying to catch his breath, managed to spit out the word "Thanks."

Kesler put a hand up to his chest. He was in a lot of pain now. The Doc warned him not to do a whole lot because of the gunshot wounds that were still healing. Well, because of the circumstances, he had to do a whole lot. He could feel a little bit of warm blood on his chest from the wounds under his body armor. But he had to fight through it.

As Kai started work on the door, Kesler stood up and winced from the pain. He hoisted his assault weapon and pointed it toward the door, not knowing what was waiting for them on the other side of it.

TAG: The Nine...

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    MedBay

Lyle thought carefully at the plans of action that Merlot now voiced to him. They could both go and find the administrator, get an evac started for everyone that was still alive, or Lyle could go by himself while Merlot held the fort at the MedBay. Lyle allowed himself to give it a full minute of thought before he finally shook his head.

"I should probably go alone," Lyle replied. "As much as you say that the administration building looks okay, who knows what could be standing between us and the administrator such as a whole swarm of metal spiders or two of those monsters that I saw in the hangar? Best not to put all our eggs in one basket as the saying goes."

Actually, would Merlot even understand that human concept?

"You should stay and make sure that those two are okay," Lyle continued and motioned his head towards Eyana and the human woman, "and hold the fort. So far this is one of the few places that are relatively quiet so it's a good safe haven for any other survivors that may come around. You can keep your attention on the comms and direct any survivors here. Hopefully, if I get through to the administrator, you can then help direct them to the evac."

Of course there was one snag in their plan and it made Lyle shudder thinking about it. In order for there to be an evac for everyone, he had to make it to the administrator alive. So after a moment's thought he added, "If you don't hear anything from me in the next half hour at most, you can try to get to the administrator. I'll try to keep in contact with you on the comms but if anything happens you're going to be our next best hope."

Standing up, Lyle patted himself down and looked towards Merlot. "I don't suppose you have a spare gun that you can give me?"

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: You know what I like about the boards? Everytime it causes trouble it finds a new way to do so. This time I can´t highlight or anything. Therefore the "raw" update here.

Crew Quarters . . .

Kai quickly overwrote the opening protocol and the two massive doors slided into the wall. Behind them was only darkness. Taylor, Manfred and the obviously hurt Kesler pointed their guns right into this darkness as they heard the slurping sound of metal cdragged over metal. Mac seemed to have not heard it. ?Kai, can you reactivate the lightning? I think it is aaaaargh!?
    Two arms grabbed him from inside at his head and dragged the young man right into the darkness. Then the first of the crew appeared. He did not look exactly like what they had been looking for . . .

[image=http://mattdratt.byethost14.com/images/husk.jpg]

And from the sounds in there were a lot more. Probably simply two hundred of them . . .

Tag: Dubya, Leigh, Kai
    [hr]
    Medbay . . .

Dr. Merlot nodded. ?take the assault rifle. I can shoot, ut I am terrible with rifles. Pistols are much better.? He sighed and looked aback to his patient. Obviously he did not like dividing the team. He did not like parting into any smaller groups then what they already had. It felt like falling apart. As a unit.
    Successfully he repressed memories of occasions when he had experienced that. Quite a feat for a Drell. But all these events had not been anywhere this bad.
    ?Hurry. Any second might count. I´ll try to establish communications with someone and then see if I can get as many people as possible here.?

Tag: Sarge
    [hr]

Unknown Colony . . .

The Salaarian nodded. Proably he saw he could not convince her. Or he simply did not care any longer as long as he could run. ?The generator is pretty much in it´s center. It is hard to miss. The humming can be heard for miles. It is two miles in. There you find a console from which you can contact Ashen. We established it there to warn you should anything go wrong. Smart, hm? Just nobody seems to be alive there to send any warnings.? The Salaarian nodded. ?It will work though. I reached it. Just no response.? He shook his head. ?In any way, another five miles north, right where you see this small yellow light was a shuttle. Emergency shuttle. I don´t know if it is still there. But if you make it, it is your best chance. If you blow up the generator, it is your only chance. It is quite a powerful device. I think it would . . . explode and that might mean quite some damage.? He nodded and checked his own gun once more. ?You are brave Asari. Much braver than I was. Good luck.?

Tag: Sirak

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I'm not able to see the image you provided, so I'm not sure what exactly these crew members are supposed to look like. So I'll play without describing them.

The doors finally opened.

Blackness.

Of course. Why not?

There were some odd sound coming from within. Something that sounded like slurping...mixed with metal scraping on metal. Kesler would never admit it to the others, but he was scared. His hand trembled slightly as he tightened his grip on the weapon.

Then something pulled one of the men inside.

Kesler blurted out a nasty word, but kept his weapon trained on the darkness.

TAG: The Nine...er, I guess it's Eight now?

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: They´re all husks, I believe. Picture went offline shortly after being posted by Fin, apparently. But I saw it yesterday evening when the post came up.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: My anti-virus says unsafe website when I try to click where the image is :p But ya robot zombies!

On another note, do the guns have thermal clips yet or are we at the never-run-out-of-ammo-but-overheat guns?

Lyle Parker
    Medbay

"Thanks," Lyle replied and took the assault rifle. He knew how to shoot it as he had requested/paid some hired guns on another mining job to give him a couple shooting lessons. In a galaxy where there's batarian raiders and robot zombies, he figured that the knowledge would be valuable. That and he was still in the midst of his rebelling-against-parents stage as that was when he decided to grow out his hair too.

He wasn't an expert with it of course but the knowledge would certainly help. Just having a big gun in his hands that could fire a lot of bullets at whatever may come at him made him feel better. All he had to do was follow the basics: keep it up at the shoulder, eyes down the sights, and fire short, controlled bursts to maintain accuracy until the big bad monster he was pointing it at went away.

"I'll try to stay in contact on the comms," Lyle said as he went to the door of the medbay. "I'll try to keep you informed of my location and you keep me informed of what's going on here. Hopefully I'll be calling in about that evac if I get to the administrator. But like I said, if you don't hear from me after a while..."

Lyle just left it at that as Merlot would know what to do. Taking a deep breath, his grip tight on the rifle, Lyle opened the MedBay door and exited through it to start making his way to the administrator.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

22. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

It was not a Reaper. But on balance, Kai thaought she might have preferred a sentient techno-organic monster from beyond dark space. The things that had taken Mac looked as if they had once been human, but only in that they retained basic human shape. Everything else: the glowing lines traced across their skin, the blank, hollow eyes, the perpetually open mouth- looked alien. Wrong. Even to a different species, the husks made a mockery of life.

"Mac?" Kai called, working frantically at her moni-tool to try and get the lights online. "Mac, answer me!"

[TAG Rest of the team, Fins]

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Fin excuses his use of unsafe sitess. This is the pic. He asked me to post it.

[image=http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/10/Evolution%20of%20zombies/Screens/E%20to%20O/masseffect1--article_image.jpg]

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

[face_laugh] Took a long path into our game. Above he is. Ashen´s typical crew member right now.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110429114952/masseffect/de/images/thumb/8/8a/Husk.png/194px-Husk.png]

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

"You, too." she nodded without showing too much sympathy. This fool had brought this upon them. Yet, she hoped he got out alive. Too many dead. Too many dying.

With a wave of her hand a single thought the blue fire of her biotic powers made the fewscreen burst and the glass rained into the strange and alien city. The grapling hook of her belt found hold and she looked after the Salaarian as he ran for his life. Something told her she would never see him again. Or anyone. Something told her, she was going straight to her execution by a thousand machines. But a warrior, even if it was an Asari one, was meant to fight and die for whatever he choose to fight and die for. The choice was what he would be remembered for. And his victories. Right?

Which meant translated. She would die yes. But she would take this entire colony with her!

She allowed herself to slide down the cable and stopped her flight just enough to not hurt herself on impact. As she touched the cold, wet, slippery ground of the machine city she breathed out and attached the hook back to her belt. She checked her sidearm and then took up her Avenger V. The light hummed alive and like a sword of sight it cut through the inpenetrable dark. With quick small steps Aleena took cover and began to walk at the walk to the next building. she had to move fast. Very fast. Two miles weren´t that much.

But that meant she would soon reach their perimeter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.