main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Crew Quarters . . .

The light of Kai´s omnitool activated and irght before her a wall of blueish creatures began to move towards her, arms stretched out. Mac was already gone. Vanished somwhere in their lines. Taylor dragged Kai back almost violently and manfred screamed out a single word to Keslar, as his own Avenger rifle went of and made the first of the "husks" explode into his dry, blueish pieces.

"FIIIIRE!"

"Shut the door! Shut the door!" Taylor screamed to Kai and got her own rifle up.

Tag: Dubya, Kai

Medbay . . .

(combined with TSG)

Merlot nodded and watched the man leave. He was alone. He felt alone. Shaking his head he begann to study his patient. He did not see how not too far away his second patient slowly raised from her bed. Silent. Stealthy. Sneaking.

Outside Level 5 was abandoned. A ghosttown in the midst of a haunted colony. Death was in the air. But litle else. Far away the sound of tiny metal legs could be heard on a metal floor.

And the elelvator on the end of the promendade looked as if it had always waited for Lyle. It seemed to look too friendly, almost.

Tag: Sarge, TSG

Unknown Colony . . .

The alien ruin was a rusty place, with steamy particles filling the air and the acid like smell making it hard to breath. The sound of ancient machines awakening in the heart of the ruins could be heard for miles. Deep hums, unnerving screeches and the rumbling of collapsing stones as giant bridges and bates broke free and began to move between the coloccal towers above Aleena like angry iron Gods sleeping. It was a strange paradox between technological advanced structures and the feel of decay only aeons could bring to a place.

Aleena was a tiny figure in this gargantuan world of bizarre structures that had once served unknown purposes.

It was a dead world. Barren of life. Even of activity. With far away sounds of giant movments hinting it had just returned from the dead.

And behind Aleena the clicking of a mechanical spider could be heard. It had crawled a wall at her height.

[image=http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Art_&_3D/Animal/Mechanical-Spider-1-P7RSQ5UY9X-1600x1200.jpg]

Tag: Sirak

2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Medbay

One left, one remained. Siletnly she pushed her boots of her feet and lay them next to herself. Sounds, far away sounds. But the other was nearby with an assault gun. She looked for him. Her eyes no longer felt limited by walls. She saw souls. And them. Many of them. Thousands. Soon to be millions. Oh, soon the human would enter the elelvator and she saw so clearly, so bright and clearly what awaited him.

Silently she lay down again and waited for him to be gone. For her to be alone with Dr. Merlot.

Tag: Fin

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Level 5, Outside MedBay

"Alright Merlot, can you hear me?" Lyle questioned on the comms as he wandered down the hall, the assault rifle in his grip and ready to come up and blast away at anything that appeared. "Making my way to the elevator now."

The elevator he was speaking about lay ahead and waiting for him. Doors open, the little space ready to receive Lyle as soon as he was ready to step in.

He was immediately alert. This was probably paranoia attacking him once again but Lyle was afraid of the elevator. Kind of silly, especially since Lyle had just used an elevator to get up here, but those scenarios that tend to work in horror movies came back unbidden to his mind. Considering he had been chased and he was lugging a wounded asari with him, he didn't have time to think about it. But now he had the time to think and the scenarios came popping up one after another. He goes in the elevator, pushes a button, and suddenly its flooded with metal spiders. Or he goes in the elevator, keys a button to a floor, and the doors open up to him being face-to-face with one of those human/machine hybrids from the hangar.

It certainly didn't help considering that, with the silence in the halls, he could hear the metal tapping of spiders somewhere.

Approaching the elevator, Lyle aimed the assault rifle into it and slowly examined every inch of the thing. Looking for cracks, a loose panel, anything that would hint to him that there was some kind of ambush or insidious plot concocted by the resident monsters that would result in his death.

Maybe I should find stairs, Lyle thought as he reached out and slammed the butt of the assault rifle against the side of the elevator in an attempt to lure out any hiding baddies.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

4. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

Kai screamed when she saw the zombies. Stories about Eden Prime and the fate of the geth's victims hadn't really made it to the Fleet, or at least not to the general public. Information about the geth attacks was more or less limited to Rael'Zorah's daughter Tali, and her elevation with that human soldier. Something vas Normandy.

Anyway. It was one horror among many, and despite the screaming Kai retained enough presence of mind to act on her teammate's orders and start frantically tapping at her omni-tool, doing her best to seal the door.

"I'm closing it, I'm closing it!!"

[TAG The Eight]

5. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler

Kesler was ordered to fire on the creatures, and Kai was ordered to shut the doors.

"I'm closing it, I'm closing it!!" she responded.

Kesler just hoisted his assault rifle and unloaded into the beings, trying to hold them back long enough for Kai to get the doors closed.

TAG: Livi, Fin, whoever...

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Sarge, it is still the "overheaters". Sirak, see PM.

Crew Quarters . . .

Kai pushed two of the cables against each other. nothing. no reaction at all. The system had fried when she had broke in. The first of the creatures came out and before she could so anything three her into the opposite wall. She felt her suit hit hard and internal alarms were activated. It was not broken, but not far away from it. Taylor stepped between the thing and Kai and with a burst it´s chest exploded. "Emergency lockdown!" Taylor just screamed and pointed down the floor. Indeed, there was a lock down system. About two hundred meters away around the corner. It was a whole world to run, if your people fought for their lives.

The float of Husks did not break dwon. The undead creatures kept on coming and Manfred and Kesler kept on firing. It was Manfred who fired first and the display at the side of his Avenger went to red first with a beeping sound. "Change weapon!" He screamed and stepped back to get out his sidegun. It was all the Husks needed. They were to many and Keslers gun was only one or two bursts from overheating away.

Seconds now and they would be overrun.

Tag: Dubya, Kai, Leigh

Elevator . . .

"Loud and clear. I locked the Medbay." Merlot sighed and returned to Eyana. "I think I found a way to get at least the poison out of Eyana´s body quickly." He said. "She might be ready for transport, when you organise one." Merlot sighed again. He did this constantly now. "Eastern elevator 221, I assume?"

That was the one. The only hint that the elelvator was a trap was the pretty conclusive proof it had already been used as exactly that. On the ground were pretty large blood traces. They left the elevator and went into the promenade where they would probably end somewhere with the murderer and the victim hidden in one of the many shops. Just as Lyle followed them with his eyes and hammered his rifle twice against the elevator, he heard a response. Someone hammering back, twice.

Who it was or what was obviously impossible to say.

Tag: Sarge

7. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Med Bay

The Miner was gone. The Doctor was alone with them. With her. And he was taking care of this little Asari whore. Non-humans sticked together like clue if you allowed them to.

Slowly, as silent as possible she raised. And she could be very silent. The Alliance military taught her that, the Cerberus people had honed the skill even. With a smile he eyes recognized the Drell. blue in her red view of the world he seemed to beg to be killed. Looking for a weapon she kept her breath, as she moved towards the Doctor through the beds.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Med Bay . . .

Dr. Merlot went over to the blood bank and as thankful at least power was still on. He withdrew two lites of Asari blood and began to prepare a tranfusion for his patient. He did not see or hear th attacked from behind. And he did not see her eyes falling on archaic, but still used tool the Doctor had kept in his Meybay for some years.

It was and old fashioned tool but rathereffective, after all . . .

[image=http://www.prlog.org/10992395-ox-auto-retractable-safety-scalpel.png]

Tag: TSG

9. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Medbay

Her hand gently took the scalpel and played with it, as she stepped forward again. Slowly, step by step, nearing her victim. She waited for the answer of hte miner. But once they quit talking, one of them would begin dying. The Doctor would not stop them. The voices in her head did not allow him to.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Med Bay . . .

Dr. Merlot checked the transfusion and to his satisfaction he saw it began to send red fluid into the Asari´s veins. Then he felt something. Maybe it was a sound or a reflection somewhere he only perceived subconsciouly. But he suddenly felt something was wrong. Had he been more experienced he would have grabbed the gun only a mter away and turned. but he was not experienced in this. He had been under fire, yes. But he was not a commando.

Therefore he slowly reached for the weapon, trying not to show his thoughts . . .

Tag: TSG

The Colony . . .

The tribbling of small mechanical legs on the metal floor filled the halls here and there. The big machines had stopped working. The generator send a constant hum, but it was no coming with the sound of opening or shutting outer gates. No voices. No steps. None human anyway. Shots. There were heard desperate shots. And they grew less and less.

Then there was an alarm. And yellow lights flooded the corridors with their sickly illumination. Gas was entering the colony. where and how much was impossible to say. But it was there, deadly and with a harsh smell it slowly began to spread from the ground level to those above . . .

Tag: All (as you might or might not realize the alarm wnet of)

The Ortega-System . . .

[image=http://coolvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/space_ship_by_ixrevivalxi-992x425.jpg]

The Charlemagne had patroled the borders to the Terminus-Systems for month now without any too unusual happenings. The human crew of the alliance battleship was used to hunt pirates away from the gates or help stranded spacers on hostile planets, but since the Geth had been pushed back and were now the hunted themselves, things had calmed down. Therefore an emergency call from a world beyond the borders was almost welcome. "This is the inde . . . lony Ashen. SOS. SOS. We are under . . . ttack by an unknown force of machines. They are . . . over . . . this is the colony Ashen. If anybody hears it, please come to our help!"

Comm-Officer Luther heard it twice, then he slowly stood up. "What is it?" Miranda asked, smiling at him. As she sw how serious he was her smile vansihed.

"I need to talk to the Commander. I think we got a code orange."

Tag: Nobody

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

Manfred had stepped back to draw a new weapon.

Kesler put the final few bursts of his weapon into the head of one of the creatures just before it overheated. "Damn it damn it DAMN IT!"

Now he wished he'd grabbed more from the armory. His only weapon was useless...at least temporarily.

He moved over toward Kai and tried to pull her to her feet. "Hey, are you okay?" He glanced up to see another few creatures coming through the doorway.

TAG: The Eight

12. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Aleena felt so terribly lost. She was not a weak person. Her nerves were good, even for an Asari. This place was different though than battlefields or laces of great crimes against the universe. This was a crime against the order of things. Something dead, long dead was still alive. Something hungry had awakened from ages of starving in it´s unpleasant sleep.

Aleena turned and unleashed a wave of her blue energy at the spider, then turning up the rifle to finish it of if she had to. Her biotic powers . . . she wondered . . . if they could give her an edge over these things. Did they know them? Or were these things from a later generation. Unknown to them. Ell what powers did they know then, she didn´t?

Giving the spider a burst to kill it Aleena cowered down and waited to see if through the steamy fog any activity showed.

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: This post is checked and approved by fins :)

IC: Taylor Harris
    Crew Quarters

Everything was a surreal blur to Taylor as the whole colony went to hell. She was running on pure adrenaline as they had fled though the colony, the assault rifle in her hands firing at any hostile looking thing that moved. It was a pure fight for survival now, and the calm collected Taylor started to give way to a scared and stressed out Taylor. She cursed multiple times, she had to regain her focus. She complied with the orders given, providing covering fire. The lights in the colony cut out plunging the crew into darkness. The grip on Taylor?s assault rifle tightened, cold sweat trickled down her forehead. They eventually made it to the crew quarters, where Kai began to override the controls to the door. The doors slid open and Taylor?s eyes went wide in horror at what she saw. Humans, no, these weren?t humans any more. They had been modified, changed, tech and flesh joined into a horrific hybrid. And they were obviously not on their side. One swiped for Kai and Taylor pulled Kai back suddenly, she would have apologised for the force used but now wasn?t the time for pleasantries. Manfred and Kessler raised their rifles and started firing, the human mech zombie exploded in lumps. Taylor joined in the fire fight, shouting at Kai as she did so, the quarian had to get that door closed

?Shut the door shut the door!?

She yelled, the stream of bullets from her own rifle pitching into the blue grey bodies of the zombies. But it wasn?t enough, the hoard just kept growing and moving towards them. Kai appeared to have been unsuccessful with the lockdown. One of the husks charged for Taylor and she backhanded it across the face with the butt of her rifle before shooting it down. She breathed hard. In the chaos Taylor suddenly remembered an emergency lock-down conduit that was near here. Only problem was it was about 200 meters away in the danger zone.

Someone had to trigger that emergency lock-down

Kai was needed to focus on tech

Kessler was injured

Manfred was needed for the firepower.

Taylor sighed.

?I?ll?I?ll do it! If you can cover my back and give me enough time to reach the override switch. Don?t worry about me. I?ll find a way back to you I swear!?

She said in a serious tone, only half believing her own words. She had to do something, anything. She was quicker and lighter on he feet then the heavily armed men, and hadn?t sustained much injury barr a few scrapes and bruises. She had to do this?no she wanted to do this. If she was going to die on this rock then she wanted to make sure the others had a fighting chance, no matter how slim.

TAG: Fins, escapees

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Elevator

"Eastern elevator 221, I assume?"

"Yeah...maybe not," Lyle started as he took a look inside.

Well if he needed any clues to hint to him that this was a trap, the blood sure tipped him off. Did it belong to someone that thought, like him, that the elevator would be a safe and efficient mode of transportation? Maybe someone who hadn't seen what Lyle had seen concerning the metal spiders and other monsters?

Could one of those things be responsible for the hammering that Lyle now heard?

Reaching inside the elevator, Lyle pressed a button to send the elevator down. But he didn't go in it of course. Instead, Lyle took a step back to let the doors close and let the elevator drop down and take whatever ambusher that had been waiting with it.

"Might want to think about planning alternate routes," Lyle started speaking into his comms. "We got any stairs...around...here?"

The miner tilted his head as the alarm sounded. Yellow lights came on, flooding the corridors and Lyle grimaced. Damn it, he knew what this meant from the drills that they had been forced to undertake. Gas. The poisonous atmosphere of the planet was seeping into the colony. A death sentence and Lyle cursed himself. He was still wearing his environmental suit but he had left the helmet back in the Mako which made it useless. So he had two choices; find a new one or get out of here fast. He preferred the latter.

"Might want to get out of the medbay after all, doc," Lyle spoke. "Gas is leaking into the colony and I don't know how long it'll be until it reaches this level."

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Two weeks to go. :) We´re growing less and less . . .

Crew Quarters . . .

They had not put one Stepp into the crew quarters and they were already fighting for their bare lives. Kai was still fuzzy from thhe impact and as Kesler sat next to her the Husk who had attacked her collapsed, as it was hit by a headshot of Manfred. The Cerberus tech had both handguns out now and fired at the nearing

?I?ll?I?ll do it! If you can cover my back and give me enough time to reach the override switch. Don?t worry about me. I?ll find a way back to you I swear!?

Manfred looked at Taylor and gave it only a second of thought. Then he shouted: ?GO!? But in his eyes was gratefullnes. Whoever did it would be cut off. And they were dying like flies together, already.

And the left of his guns beeped from overheating. The Husks kept on coming. Obviously it was a matter of seconds until they were overrun. It did not look as if the miners had survived. The machines had got them all while they had been sleeping. "I need help!" He shouted to Kesler and Kai.

Taylor ran down the corridor, dodging on Husk and then a second and was finally free. The corner almost made her tumble, as she had correct her course while running at full speed. Painfully she crashed into the wall, pushed herself away and then she had it. Just as the shots behind them stopped ringing and manfreds last gun overheated she was at the emergency button. Through the glass she hit it and immediateyl all doors around her closed. The crew doors, the ones connecting the main tunnels. Her only exit. The others would be safe. And she had indeed survived. Locked between two doors she was save. It was probably her thought, as she felt a burning sensation in her neck and felt her body resist any further control. It collapsed as she felt the warm sensation of blood spreading on her back. Over her a single tentacle withdrew the sting it had just pushed into taylor´s spine and uncurled from the pipes above. It allowed itself to slide to the floor and with a swift motion swept over to the wounded woman. The tail of the thing raised once more and the sting reappeared. With the pointy end towards Taylor, it moved in a single incredible fast spasm into her skull and it was over.

[image=http://uavpilot.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/18-T-4Hydrobot.jpg]

The others saw the doors close and Manfred kicked back the last of the Husks. ?Shoot it! Shoot it!? He shouted to the remaining two team members. The husk tumbled back and forth again. It was much less dangerous, when isolated from the horde.

But for those perceptive enough, the yellow lights and the alarm from far away revealed a new threat. Gas. Gas was entering Ashen. The planet Moloch obviously showed his most deadly side, now.

Except Kai in her natural environmental suit non of them would survive long if the gas reached them.

Tag: Leigh (for the end), Dubya, Kai

Unknown Colony . . .

And there was activity. The second she shot the spider and it burst into a glowing explosion she saw movment. Slow. Monotone. But somehow with a strange dedication. And from the for came the former research team. Or whatever they had become.

[image=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/338/9/c/zombie_mechs_by_tarrzan-d348cco.jpg]

They did not keep their slow pace but upon seeing her they began to move faster. Obviously ?they? were the security perimeter.

Med Bay and outside MedBay . . .
    (combined with TSG)

Dr. Merlot cleared his throat and swallowed. Looking at his gun he finally saw his suspision was right. In the metal surface of the medical barrow he had placed Eyana on he saw the glowing red eyes of the cerberus commander. A beautiful woman he thought. A monster. He realized. ?Northern edge, near Taylor´s shop. They go all the way up to Administration.? He answered Lyle´s request for stairs. ?Get up there, it can be sealed against gas. Like the MedBay, bu probably you should not come here ag

16. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

Warning lights flashed in Kai's visor as her suit struggled to cope with the damage inflicted on it earlier. Still groggy from the assault, the quarian moaned and clutched her head as her eyes blurred the warning signals into starbursts.

Consequently, it took her a moment to register that one signal in particular was flashing more urgently than the others. A small triangle decorated with a cartoon cloud: gas.

When she noticed the warning, Kai began to panic even more than she had done before. Rocking back and forth, she started to pray in her own tongue. She was going to die. That much was certain.

[TAG Fins, the remaining team]

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Taylor Harris
    Crew quarters - Override switch

?Come on, come on you son of a??

Taylor muttered to herself as she ran faster than she ever had before, almost ploughing into a wall, such was her momentum as she rounded a corner. Her throat burned, her legs threatened to give way beneath her but she had to keep going. After what seemed like an eternity she finally made it to the override button. Breaking the glass with her elbow she slammed her hand against the button. The override activated, all the doors around her closed, cutting her off from the others. She breathed hard, realising she was trapped between two sets of doors. But at least she was?

?uagh!?

She gasped suddenly as her eyes went wide in shock, her body convulsed as an excruciating pain erupted from her neck. She was wrong, she wasn?t safe. Even if she could turn around she knew what was in the corridor with her. It was one of those tentacles, and she was at its mercy.

?Dammit??

She croaked as a stream of blood ran out of the corner of her mouth as it wrenched the stinger free and her body crumpled to the floor. It had attacked her spine, effectively paralysing her. The tentacle unfurled from the ceiling and landed beside her. She felt the warmth of blood flooding her back and in her blurring vision she saw the grotesque form looming over her. She knew she was going to die, she just hoped that she had given the others that precious time to get away from the hoard. The tentacle raised its tail once again, she saw Kai and the others in her rapidly fading mind as the tentacles stinger slid back out.

?Give em?hell?

Were her last words

The stinger struck

TAG: No-one

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Elevator

"Merlot...?"

A gunshot echoed over the comms.

"Merlot!" Lyle shouted, his finger pressing down hard on the switch for his comms. He stood in front of the closed elevator doors waiting and hoping that Merlot would come back to him with some sort of reply. There was nothing.

There was a loud thunk as Lyle hit his head against the elevator doors, his eyes squeezed as he cursed silently to himself. Damn it. He should've brought Merlot with him. His reasoning had seemed sound when he made his decision; that Merlot would hold the fort while Lyle went to get reinforcements or an evacuation shuttle. Eyana had been unconscious and the only people left had been the Hanar and that other unconscious woman. Lyle thought it would've been best for Merlot to have remained behind and watched over them.

But he was dead. There had only been the gunshot but Lyle could only assume that Merlot was dead. How? Lyle wasn't sure. Maybe metal spiders got into the medbay or something else entirely. Maybe Merlot had shot himself. Why? Again, Lyle wasn't sure but there could perhaps have been something in the MedBay that would've offered a fate worse then death. Merlot did say that these machines were trying to turn them into monstrosities like the one in the hangar.

God damn it, how did everything go so wrong in just a few minutes? Hell, what about a few hours?

The thought about going back to the MedBay came to mind but Lyle shook it off. No, he couldn't go back. Whatever killed Merlot could still be there or could be coming for him right now. Eyana was probably dead too which further stung considering all that Lyle had tried to do to save her. Besides, the poisoned atmosphere of this God-forsaken planet would only continue to fill up the colony.

No, all he could do was focus on surviving and helping anyone else that may still be alive. He would honor Merlot's last words and advice about the stairs. And Beyana...Lyle hoped that this woman - an asari he assumed - that Merlot loved wasn't here either.

Northern edge. Near Taylor's shop. The same Taylor Harris that had those spare energy packs that Lyle had needed because supply shipments were still so whacky on this colony and he needed the spares? A lot of the other miners went to her for more base stuff like cigarettes or alcohol but for Lyle it was just work-related materials that he required. Maybe if he was lucky she would still be alive and may have some things in her store that he could use.

If that wasn't overrun too. But what choice did Lyle have here?

"It's all I got," the miner answered his own question. Cradling the assault rifle that Merlot gave him, Lyle immediately started moving to the northern edge of the colony.

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Aleena saw them. Twisted, perverted versions of Salaarians, humans and God knows what else. Not even half machines, but just corpses controlled by processors. They were the work of hasty processes. They were throw away material to throw at any intruder to bring him down with masses because she was not worth their most deadly weapons.

Aleena made a disgusted grimace, raised her gun and breathed out. They accelerated their steps. Almost running. Well, almost. She breathed in. Heads. Heads and legs made most sense to kill or slow them. She was not feeling like slowing them down. She breathed half out and gave the first burst at the nearest of them. The second, the third. Stepping back with quick steps, she gave burst after burst, after burst. Until her gun would overheat and then she would show them her most flawless progression to handgun and continue shot by shot by shot.

She would not allow them to stop her.

She would kill ´em all!

20. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

"Shoot it! Shoot it!" Manfred yelled.

Kesler spun around and pulled the trigger. Damn. His gun hadn't recharged yet. It was still shut down from overheating just moments ago. As the doors shut and one last Husk was staggering around, Kesler ran at it and swung his gun at the Husk, clubbing it to death. Disgusting fluids flew out and splattered against the wall.

Kesler took a step back and tried to catch his breath. "Is Taylor able to make it back to us?"

Then he heard something. He listened intently. It sounded like alarms were sounding not too far from their position. What were the alarms for?

He turned to look at Kai, who was rocking herself back and forth in the corner.

TAG: Crew Quarters...

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Crew Quarters . . .

The second the doors were closed Manfred leaned exhausted at the door and breathed out. His head slowly sunk on his chest. "Is Taylor able to make it back to us?" It was the Bounty Hunter asking. Manfred took out his omnitool and it hummed into it´s orange shape along his arm. He immediately saw a lot of energy signatures but no signs of life on his sensor.

?No, she isn´t.? Was his comment and he allowed the computer to vanish again. His weapon had cooled down and proclaimed that fact with a hiss of released gas. Manfred looked at the Quarian. ?Sometimes I would love to have something to pray to, too.? He just sighed. ?the crew is turned into these things, the machiens are ripping apart the colony and we are down to three. And whatever this alarm is, I feel like it won´t be anything I´ll like. Does any of you know?? He asked the two. ?Or do you have any plan D?? The alarm announcing entry of the deadly atmosphere kept on ringing. Otherwise there was silence.

Tag: Dubya, Kai

Level 5 and Stairs . . .

Taylor´s shop was the only thing on this level that showed clear signs of the machines presence. It had broken gates and was a mess inside. Everything, really everything that had the slightest technological value had been brought out. Yet as Lyle lurked in he could still see a dozen of the metal spiders, some advanced and shiny, some patchwork creatures from various materials . . . they went threw the remains. Cracked open boxes of food or package of organic good. Fruits, paper and fluid spread everywhere. On of the spiders found a mobile comm. It immediately grabbed it and began it´s way out of the shop. Ignoring Lyle as it passed, it walked exactly where lyle had wanted to go. The stairs.

Lyle saw indeed broad, metal stairs leading up. Spiders were using them already, obviously transfering throug htem from Level to Level. Not many. Perhaps two or three dozens.

Yet the elevator had vanished gain, called to another level. It was the only way. The ONLY way. And if Lyle was not entirely wrong, he already smelled the fould smell of gas entering.

Tag: Sarge221

Unknown Colony . . .

Like an angel of death with an assault gun Aleena stepped back and over the many pieces of chunck and over the slippery metal floor like a dancer. In her hand the gun rattered with one burst after another. The flare of the barrel ligthed the scene into an comfortable orange. And heads exploded, bodies fell. No screams, no fleeing enemies. They kept on coming, they kept on dying. When the rifle peeped with overheating Aleena used her gun with the incendentiary ammo. It set the corpses on fire and they set each other aflame, stumbling through the black metal corridors of the alien city. It was ballet of death. Then her gun gave the same beeping noise. She had killed many. Most of them. But not all. Five or six werev still on their feets and now began to charge at her.

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

She breathed out again. Oxygen filled her lungs immediately as her body felt the relief of breathing. They came. Aleena knew she needed only second. But seconds she needed indeed or she would join their ranks. Charging her body with bionic energy she turned and leaped up one of the metal towers to her right. She came down on an balcony and to her shock one of these things already grabbed for heer leg. The chatged energy was not used up and with a wave of wrap energy the thing bursted, as Aleena extended her arm towards it. Then the rifle was ready and she ignored the others from below, used the balcony to get into the black tower and slided over the metal plate to the other side of the almost nine meters thick metal construction. There she jumped out, deactivated thhe light of her gun and pointed it towards the narrow path from the first fighting ground to this one.

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Unknown Colony . . .

And they did not let her wait. She had barely taken position, when the last three of the creatures, barely dark silhouettes in the dim light of the city, came charging. Her gun went of again and again. And the last one came as close as two meter, before another burst hit it and made it collapse.

Then there was silence. Only the hum of the not too far away reactor that powered this horrible machine world and all it´s horrors.

24. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Level 5 and Stairs

You know, that elevator is starting to look pretty good right now.

At least there had been only blood in the elevator...and a strange hammering from an unknown source. But there hadn't been spiders crawling all over the place like they were at Taylor's shop right now, acting like looters that just took what they could find and disappeared. To the stairs. The same stairs that Lyle had to go up.

Unable to help it, Lyle looked over his shoulder and stared back at the way he came. He didn't suppose it would be too late...

No, it probably was. Elevators were slow enough as it was and by the time he walked all the way back and summoned it back up, the gas would probably be filling the level and he would die. And despite how the spiders terrified him - he remembered the one he pulled out of Eyana -, this was at least a threat that he could see and wasn't unknown like back in the elevator. And they did seem to ignore him. As the spider that carried what Lyle recognized as a mobile comm right past him, the miner took a step back but it didn't even seem to twitch in his direction.

Alright, this isn't a problem, Lyle thought as he looked towards the stairs. Just gotta walk up a couple flights of stairs to the next level, surrounded by these spiders and hope that they continue to ignore me and find something better to do. Simple.

You are so screwed, came another voice.

Shut up.

Lyle thought about just opening up and blasting away at these spiders with the assault rifle but decided against it. These spiders were ignoring him. No need to startle them and cause the whole swarm to come after him. That was just asking for trouble that he didn't need and could very well avoid. Hopefully.

I wonder why they're gathering up everything...?

If Lyle had to guess, he had to assume that the spiders could be gathering parts to construct more spiders or some other mechanical monstrosities. He did notice that some of these spiders looked as if they were made from a patchwork of materials that they most likely scavenged as they were doing right now. That just gave Lyle more incentive to find an evacuation shuttle and leave because he certainly didn't want to stay and find out what these spiders could possibly be constructing next. Which meant...going up the stairs. Crap. Taking a deep breath, Lyle did a slow count to ten before he finally started moving.

Slow and careful, Lyle told himself as he felt the need to go into a full sprint to just get past this and be done with this. But again, like shooting, sprinting might attract the attention of the spiders'. Going slow and steady, Lyle could keep himself out of their way. Which included being careful to not step on one of them and have them consider as a hostile.

He was glad that he still had his environmental suit on. If the spiders did try to attack, they would have to pry through the material of his suit first before striking at his flesh which could possibly give him a few precious seconds to react and save his life. That was for the case of one or two spiders, however. If the whole swarm attacked...yeah, he was pretty much screwed. Nonetheless, Lyle forced himself to remain calm as he started up the stairs while looking out for the first signs of trouble.

25. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Crew Quarters

"The alarm is gas." Kai said flatly, though it was obvious from her voice that she'd been crying. She opened her omni-tool and showed the others the warning label flickering above her holographic console.

"The atmosphere of Moloch is venting into the colony. We don't have much time."

The quarian gave a small, humourless chuckle that sounded more like a sob.

"Well, I have more time than you, but starving to death is not going to be much fun."

[TAG dubya, fins]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.