main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Ashen Colony; Level 6

Talmot listened to Kesler trying yet again to establish his ignorance of any conspiracy. The bounty hunter seemed confused at the idea of his involvement in all this, offended even, but such reactions could be faked. Besides, everything he?d come in contact with had gone to hell ever since he crawled out of his bed in the sick bay. Oblivious or not, the bounty hunter was a danger to the rest of them. And we don?t owe him anything.

Perhaps the batarian might have been able to convince Mara to take Kesler and leave them be?when the quarian blurted out something about secret plans. Talmot glanced sharply in her direction, wondering if she really was that stupid, or if this was her idea of leverage.

Kai balked as Mara turned a gun on her. "Today is the first time I've even seen the bounty hunter. I don't even know his name. Please, human! I'm telling the truth!"

He spoke up quickly. "She?s not lying. There?s no way any of us could have had contact with him before today. He was shot and sent to the infirmary. Only ones with access there are doctors. You ever heard of a quarian doctor before? She?d probably catch something in there and get sick. Anyway I?"

Breaking off, Talmot's mouth went slack as he noticed a black metal something reaching down from the ceiling towards one of the two commandos.

He couldn?t pull his eyes away from it. Never before had he seen anything like it. Sleek and black, it had probably been sitting there for quite some time before he?d noticed it. There was no noise as a foot long barb of metal slid out of its tail and it unfurled itself with a predator?s grace.

Nothing like the clunky YMIR Mechs he?d worked with in the Suns.

The batarian didn?t shout a warning. He couldn?t. He wanted to see what would happen.

Tag: Level 6 Co.

2. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    Level 6

Taylor remained standing next to Talmot, her weapon removed by one of Mara?s subordinates. She shot the soldier a look that could cut glass as he moved away, her frustration levels growing. She suddenly felt very exposed without her sidearm. Kai?s voice then echoed across the corridor.

"It's about the plans, isn't it? The miner that shot you. He had plans for an underground base, something big and dangerous and secret. Something that people like you-And you would kill to get."

Underground bases? Secrets? What was she talking about? It obviously got the attention of the infiltrators who levelled their guns at the young Quarian. She listened as Kesler immediately started to defend himself. Saying he knew nothing about what was happening. In some ways she wanted to believe him, but the number of coincidences were too great. Either way they couldn?t get to the bottom of it when being held captive by gun toting commandos. Mara responded to Kesler?s pleas of innocence, talking of activating ruins and telling him not to play her for a fool. She then set her sights on Kai, threatening the young Quarian, accusing her of being in cahoots with Kesler. Talmot leapt to her defence.

"She?s not lying. There?s no way any of us could have had contact with him before today. He was shot and sent to the infirmary. Only ones with access there are doctors. You ever heard of a Quarian doctor before? She?d probably catch something in there and get sick. Anyway I?"

Talmot broke off suddenly, his gaze shifting towards the ceiling. She followed his gaze upwards, and her hazel eyes spotted something moving up above them. She squinted a little at fist but soon she could see it clearly. An uneasy feeling crept over her. She had seen a lot of strange stuff during her time, but this thing, this was something else. It was black in colour, metallic, a machine, but it moved like an organic creature, like the tentacle of an octopus. A chill ran down her spine as the thing silently unfurling itself from the darkness of its hiding spot. The sight made Taylor temporarily lost for words as a horrified look spread across her face.

?W-what the hell is that?!?

She stammered, her eyes transfixed on the thing. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion as a deadly looking stinger slid from the end of it, ready and poised to strike. This was no robot, this was a programmed to kill predator.

TAG: Fins, Level-Sixers

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    Level 6

They didn't believe him. Of course they didn't. He was the outsider that no-one knew. He had to admit, it did in fact look pretty suspicious. But he was-

Kesler's thoughts were interrupted when he noticed everyone focused on something behind him. He slowly turned his head to see the mechanical tentacle with the blade pointing out it's tail. "Holy ****!" he swore.

TAG: Level 6ers...

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony aka as last place I wanna hang out

The thing was hard to kill. And Aleena had the strange feeling it wasn´t the only one of it´s kind. Beyane seemed to be save. The thing wounded but angry. Then it charged. It had been hit by bullets, it had been ripped apart by her wrap . . . which was enough to kill almost everything else in the galaxy she had encounted. Yet it still charged. It came for her in a sinle.minded attempt to end her life.

And she knew this would not be over until it was dead. Until no single spark of life or power remained in the strange hybrid. Her handgun flipped into her hand, without her ever giving the conscious command. She switched to cryo-ammo and stepped back, taking the Stileto VII into both hands. Then she gave out half a breath and pushed the trigger. She pushed it once, twice and then a final third time. All shots were directed at the creatures head, except the last one, which was surely aimed at it´s riight leg.

If it survived that, she would need to run. She knew it was her last round, before this would end up in a close combat fight. And no matter how powerful her biotics were, she could not hope to win against a creature made mostly of steel.

"Die." She hissed a last time and against her habit gave it a forth shot to the chest.

Tag: Fin

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

Concerning the GM

So, this is hopefuly my last of these "very important GM notes", because I simply feel silly about it. Anyway, it might very well be my last. Draco was in Germany for a few days and despite a lot of other stuff we talked about, we found a few seconds to decide this games fate. Draco won´t be able to GM anytime soon, so I take over. For good!

He gave me his plot and the freedom to do with it whatever I want to. I like it that much I will probably not change a word, just fill in the blanks.

So, from now on I am full and total GM and I hope you´ll all enjoy this game as much as I do.

And now, on with our story . . .

[color=crimson][i]Level 6 . . . [/i][/color]

What the hell. It was the collective feeling as everybody finally turned. The commando the black-metal-thing had preyed on turned, too. It did not save him.

The sting of the tentacle dashed forward and pierced his armor and shields as if they were made of butter. The impact made his head burst inside his helmet and through the few opening blood began to flow out. As the sting retreated, the body collapsed like a puppet with severed strings.

[i]And all hell broke loose . . . [/i]

Both Mara and her other commandoe hesitated no second, as they raised their guns and fired. The black tentacle was shaken by impacts and fell to the ground. Curling itself together for a second. Yet, it did not die.

Kai was the only one who knew it made little sense to shoot it. She had to recognize the parts this thing was made of. Adamantium. With a ten percent of Iridium 47. These things were made of the remote-controlled tentacles the miners used to melt metals out of the Element Zero. They were usually used within great ultra-high melting pots, where only this metal could exist without changing into a fluid state.
    They were priceless, more or less indestructible and the colonies most valuable possession. And a shot from a gun had to be little more than a cooling breaze to them. Now somene had modifid them, reassembled, reprogrammed the parts, attached a sting and then that somebody had found an entirely different use for them. The strange thing was, these arms had been were they belonged - doing their ordinary work - only two hours ago.

There was no time to follow any line of thought concerning these strange facts. The assault rifle of Commandoe overheated and immediately the tentacle attacked. It´s sting appeared again and speeded forward. Now reaching for the first victim in the group it could get.

"Into the control room!" Mara shouted and Manfred dropped the guns he had just assembled. He was the first to turn and leap into the assumed safety of the secured room. Meanwhile the tentacle found it´s first victim, before anyone could react. With three precise stabs into the chest it killed the injured Asari dancer that lay next to Kesler. The woman couldn´t even scream, so fast it did happen. Her sister took over the job of screaming instead, obviously in shock about the swift death of her breathen. The tentacle moved on without hesitation. It had moved so fast, it now cut of the Commando from the rest of the group.

"MOVE!"

Mara´s shout now betrayed her panic. Her last shot hit the thing with no effect and the loud beep announced overheating.

[b]Tag: Level 6ers[/b]

[hr]

[color=crimson][i]Unknown Colony[/i][/color]

The thing charged and the first shot into it´s head made it stumble. It´s metal legs crushed a console in it´s way, as it tumbled. Shot two and three made it spasm, but showed no "final" effect. Then shot four into it´s leg made it collapse and it crushed to the ground. It still moved for a few seconds, then it was dead.

"He is dead." the voice came from behind Aleena. Beyane, suddenl loking not afraid anymore, kneeled over the Turian who had come up shortly before the thing. "And I think the elevator still works. We need to warn the others, do we? I think I am not hurt. I . . . I . . . " Beyane understood she was talking nonsense. At least nothing

6. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

Kai suppressed a scream as she finally noticed the tentacle... thing as it dropped onto one of the commandos and killed him. There was very little time to think as his body crumpled to the floor but Kai couldn't help feeling a jolt of recognition at the shape of the tentacle- surely this was some of their mining equipment, repurposed for ancestors knew what?

Well, there was no time to take a closer look. Mara's shots confirmed that the thing was indestructible (it should be, Kai recalled, being made of some very rare and expensive materials) and she screamed for everyone to fall back into the control room.

As she followed the rest of the group to safety, Kai tried one last thing: opening her omni-tool, she attempted to overload the tentacle the same way she'd disabled the machine in the vents. It had to be worth a shot, right?

[TAG Level sixers]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'm really pleased that this game is going to keep running! Thank you for keeping it going, [b]Fins[/b] :)

7. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Mako, Hangar

Pausing in his hammering when the creature - robot? - ceased struggling, Lyle took a moment to examine. Sparks flew from its crushed body and that only caused the miner to smash it into the floor of the Mako yet again. This time to the sparks stopped and when Lyle took another look at the spider, he slowly nodded his head in satisfaction when it looked as if the thing had completely shut down. His breathing having gotten quick, his heart having started to pound in his chest, Lyle took a few, slow breaths to try and settle both while his thoughts slowly gathered and he tried to think of what to do next.

The spider was no longer moving and the miner debated on what to do with it. A part of him wanted to hammer it into the floor a couple more times or completely gut the wires from its body to make sure it wouldn't activate ever again, but he thought he had done enough. Besides, he supposed that it was best that he kept at least a fraction of the thing intact so that the experts could examine it and find out what, exactly, it was. He placed the remains of the mechanical spider in a small pack that was attach to his suit and once he had it gone from both sight and mind, Lyle focused on his other problems.

Specifically the asari that had not at all awoken during the entire thing. She was still breathing and, thus, still not dead so that was fine. But she was still unwell and considering he had just discovered a mechanical spider that had been eating her a moment ago, medical attention was still a priority for her.

He took notice, however, of the silence of their driver.

"Ellis?" All but carrying Eyana, Lyle went to the door of the Mako, wondering if Ellis had already run off to get assistance. If he had there was quite the amount of absolute silence out there.

For once Lyle thought of the plasma cutter that was at his side. Usually used to cut through minerals and tough rock, it was the only thing that could be considered as a weapon and the miner had the sudden desire to have something that he could call as such. He had brought it along with him in case there happened to be a cave-in or something that Eyana and her partner got stuck in and that he could free them with but now he saw it as the only defensive option he had available.

But he shouldn't be worried right? He was back at the base which meant that he should be safe and sound right?

The silence didn't sound safe and, warily, Lyle peered out through the door to see what he could find.

TAG: Fins

8. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Andrew Kesler
    Level 6

The tentacle began killing people, including the young Asari dancer he tried to save.

Someone yelled "MOVE!" and everyone headed into the room.

Kesler grabbed the remaining dancer and pulled her along. As he came to the door, pushing her inside, Kesler reached down and grabbed one of the weapons that the commando Manfred had dropped. If he was going to die, he was going to go down fighting.

As he rushed into the room, he asked no one in particular, "What the hell is that thing!?"

TAG: other Level 6ers...

OOC: Congrats on becoming the GM, Fins. Keep up the good work.

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: Glad you take ouver, Fin. Instead of the (damned competent) Apprentice we now get the (official according to Adpotions) Master? Well, it stays in the family. :p

Cira
    The Menry

Her omnitool hummed and suddenly faded into existence around her left arm. A single button and a point of her finger and the small mechanical intruder exploded. And with his another two, who had been above it on the ceiling.

Cira looked up. "Under control." Mara reported. Obviously her cover had been blown. And her words were questionable at best, because they were followed by screams and shots.

"Dammit, looks like we got a problem on Level 6. And a problem her. If you´re people did anything to my team I am ure you´ll understand I will return the favour." She hissd to Merlot. "Come with me. I got the feeling someone down there will need a Doctor."

And she turned making her way to the elevator. Nodding to her man the instuction were unsaid but clear. He would interrogat the Professor.

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

The thing was finally dead. "Yes we do." Aleena leaned against the wall and looked at Beyane. "Yes we do!" She repeated and her hand went to her earspiece. She established contact with Arrex. "Yreex, please come in. Arrex." She waited and slowly walked over to her assault rifle. She could not help it but had a short look at the dead Turian and her comrade. louren had been cut into two halfs. What an insane way to die.

"Arrex, do you read me?" She repeated and now looked at Beyane. "Gunship? Anybody?" No answer came. She knew what had most likely happend. They were probably dead.

"Looks like we have to do it on our own. whatever killed them, might still be around. So can we contact the colony from here?" Aleean asked and went over to Beyane. "This station must have a communication phalanx, right?"

These things were about 9 hours away from Ashen. Nine hours. And they moved fast. Probably they had been loose for hours. Had they arrived? was everybody dead, already?

Alena shook the thought out of her head. looking at the shocked Beyane, she grabbed her arm. "Pleas,e you need to stay together now. It is probably only us. Can we contact the Governor?"

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Level 6

The group lkeaped into the room and Mara shot another look out and then sealed the room. As Kai saw the door close, she saw a spasm run through the tentacle. Nothing more. Pain, if a machine could be considered ot feel any. Maybe if the door had not closed and distracted her overload field she could have done damage. It wasn´t resistent to it, at least.

The door was shot and they could see the commando drag out his pistol and firing at the tentacle. They watched in horror, awaiting his defeat. They never saw it, as a second tentacle came from above, grabbed him and dragged him into the pipes and cables above. Then he was gone. A dead Asari outside and a crying one next to Kesler, who now had the barkeepers shotgun. Mara looked at the weapon in his hand and it was obvious, she would move in a second and point her gun at him. If he wasn´t faster.

"Crap!" Manfred hissed at the side. He looked at a Monitor. None of the others could see what was visible there, but it surely drained his face of any colour. "We´re so screwed." He added.

Tag: Level 6ers

Hangar Level 7

Lyle looked outside and what he saw was probably more surprising than anything his fantasy had come up with. Nothing. There was nothing. they had just shut open a hangar door, activated emergency sealing, crashed into a container with one of their five Makos and had an injured crew member and not even a single technician was to be seen anywhere. Nobody came out to even look who was tearing apart Ashen.

And especially Ellis was not here. The only thing that was present was the humming of the nearby main generator and . . . and . . . some other noise. A creaky sizzle. There was no better words to describe it. It came from a number of containers. Or better . . . from behind them. And it was sometimes disturbed by a strange smacking.

The asari gave out a long sigh of pain. the first sign of live except her pulse. The sound grew worse.

Tag: Sarge

Unknown Colony

"No. No. not them too." Beyane lost her typical Drell coolness. "No, no, no, no, no!" She shook her head and then turned. Aleena´s woirds gave her back some calmness but it was obvious she was terrified. A terror she would remember all her life with absolute clearity. Sometimes the Drell´s memories were curses.

she finally looked at Aleena. "Yes, of course I can. I can simply . . ." She typed into the console in front of her, then changed to another. "I could establish communications from here. Problem is, the system is locked. Central station has ordered lockdown and obviously that leads to all communications cut off. A moment." She typed a bit more. "Ah, here it is. Central Control. Level 27." beyane looked at Aleena. "Subterran level 27." she then said. Knowing what she had just spelled out. It was deep inside the mountain. Almost a mile below them.

And Aleena would need to go there.

"This is suicide, you cannot do that!"

Tag: Sirak

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Location: Locked in a room on Level 6 with people that want to kill him

In his peripheral vision, Kesler saw Mara jump at him, gun drawn.

"Oh, come on," Kesler grunted. What was with these people? "Look, I don't care why you're interested in me, but I think we've got bigger things to worry about." He pointed toward the locked door, indicating the deadly tentacles.

"Crap! Manfred blurted out. "We're so screwed."

Kesler turned to look at him. "What?"

TAG: Level 6...

[b]OOC:[/b] [i]MORE[/i] computer problems. [face_plain] Except this time it's mechanical. So while my laptop is sitting in a service center someplace, my internet time will be pretty limited...again. But I will get on here once a week, if not more (at my parents house using their computer). Sorry everybody.

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Hangar Level 7

Okay genius, here's a pop quiz.

When he stepped through the Mako's door, Lyle had to admit that he was a bit surprised. There were no technicians of any kind anywhere within the hangar which was kind of odd considering what had just happened. When something barreled through the doors of a hangar and the emergency doors had to be shut, usually you'd seen a squad of technicians racing down to see what happened and what needed to be fixed. And considering that Ellis had first shot at the doors with the Mako, blowing them open so that the tank could crash through, a squad of security officers would usually be with that tech team to see if the explosion was caused by pirates or very hostile people and not just an insane driver.

Keeping Eyana pressed against him, Lyle carefully stepped out of the Mako, dragging the asari with him. Though he didn't know why, the miner had a sudden urge to make sure that his footsteps were very, very quiet so as not to disturb the bizarre silence that had come over the hangar.

When you find yourself in a room that does not have any people in it whatsoever even, by all rights, they should be including the guy who just drove you here...

The voice that lectured in Lyle's head possessed the same tone as one of his professors back on Earth. Real old guy, had to be reaching sixty when Lyle took his class, and was one of those adults that looked down upon the younger generation and complained about how easy life had become for them with the introduction of Prothean technology and humanity joining the greater galactic community. Thus, the man tended to be very sarcastic, rude, and an outright jerk in the field of education.

Lyle had liked him a lot. He suspected that the old man - Emeck his name had been - had been under some internal distress at the fact that he was getting so old just as humanity was making its great leap forward but he had never known for sure.

...with the only thing that you can hear being this weird sizzling and smacking sound that you don't recognize...

Lyle had cocked his head at the noise and his gaze darted to where that said sizzling and smacking was taking place. He couldn't see what exactly was causing all the noise - it was coming from behind a few crates - but Lyle couldn't say that he had heard such a thing before in his career. He got used to a lot of sounds while on the job - from loud explosives to the clicking of a droid with a bad motivator to the whistling of leaking gases - and while Lyle tried to bring up some kind of machinery or device that could possibly be making that noise, he was currently coming up empty.

...while you're lugging around a cute but wounded and unconscious asari that could slow you down if you ran into anything that you may need to run from...

Eyana sighed against him and he shifted her weight so that he could get a better grip on her. Wearing these bulky suits was making it difficult to effectively carry the blue-skinned alien and, belatedly, the miner wished that he had at the very least stripped her of her suit. He was practically dragging her along and Lyle glanced around for one of the cargo dollies that may be around that the personnel used to wheel around heavy equipment. Could toss her onto one of those and push her along to any of the nearby elevators; would be a lot faster.

...what do you do?

Oh that's easy, Lyle replied to himself. You don't go and see what that noise is, get to the nearest elevator, and find the nearest medical ward for the lady while you try and find out just what the hell is going on.

Ellis probably saw the same empty hangar and, upon hearing the noise, went to investigate as there was no one else around to tell him what was going on. And since Lyle didn't hear the Mako driver anywhere nearby...Lyle didn't feel like following in what could possibly be a dead man's footsteps. Or something just as bad. So, being as quiet as he could while hoping to Christ that someone with a big gun and a lot

14. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Medbay, Level 6

Kai felt a small surge of pride as her Overload caused the tentacle to spasm. Finally, something that hadn't made the situation worse! This could even help the rest of them survive!

If they didn't keep pointing guns at each other, anyway. Mara seemed determined to continue the standoff between her and Andrew, but before she could do anything, one of the others spoke up.

"Crap! We're so screwed!"

"What is it?" Kai barged the human out of the way to look at the monitor. "What's going on?"

[TAG Level 6 folks]

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleema
    Unknown Colony

Aleema looked at her Drell companion. They were in enemy territory. They were cut off. Their team was prrobably dead. And now she was send into the depth of a mountain, where she would have no way to escape but crawling back up for an hour, while down there were an unknown number of enemies?

Amazing how fast you can coome from an hopelessly overpaid guardsman job to a teribly underpaid suicide commando.

"Okay. What do I need to do?" she asked and looked at her gun. Cooled down. Ready to go.

Well, at least the gun was. Aleema was young for her race. She had planned to change her occupation a few more time. Now she realized she would most likely die here. The chances of returning up once she was down there were not exactly great.

Yet, she would not leave victory to the enemy. especially not to an unknown enemy.

Running, was simply not her nature.

16. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Ex-GM Note

Hello everybody. I am in Germany for a few days and just wanted to say how great it is the game survived my sudden departure. I am very pleased to see it in such competent hands. And indeed instead of the Apprentice you now have the Master. Good fun with it Fin!

Thanks everybody else for the good times!

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: we got some missing people, but you know how this works. If we wait to long the game will be dead like Emperor Palpatine (meaning dead, but resurrectable), so I move on now. Dragging along everybody as an NPC who hasn´t responded within 15 days.

Level 6

"It´s the spiders. They are everywhere!" Manfred said and turned the display. It showed the engines room. And what could be seen where hundreds, if not thousands of the spiders crawling of the machines, ripping them apart, tearing parts out of the engines. At some points one could see spiders attaching limbs to spiders. As if they recreated themselves out of the machine. and between the spiders there was different, second kind of mechanical spider- Shiny and with a more sophisticated exterior they moved faster and one of them ran straight towards the camera and only static was seen.

Mara lowered her gun. Mission or not mission. What sense did it make to hold a man, if they all had to run anyway. "How long do we last once the engines are down?" She asked. Manfred looked at Kai. six hours, they usually said. But hell, that was the case when the reactor blew up. If the things teared apart the whole colony the containment would not hold much longer than three hours, before the gas entered. another hour later the concentration would become deadly. and another hour later, everybody around would be dead.

Except Kai of course. Her suit would protect her. At least from the gas. Obviously it was little help against what angryly hammered against the door from the outside. The Barkeeper and Taylor had their guns pointed at the door now. It was obvious it would not hold forever. It would not hold for very long, actually.

Tag: Level Sixers

Hangar

Lyle reached the hangar elevator, the asari in his arms. It needed eternity until it finally arrived. And at some point the sound vanshied. It was suddenly gone. Blood began to spread from behind the boxes and the sound of what had caused it ceased. With a bling the elevator arrived. And just as Lyle entered it, he heard a stomping sound. What came around the corner was neither machine nore human anymore. It was a body drafted into the core of a machine. An unvoluntary hybrid. Rough, unsophisticated yet strong and with a look that was hungry.

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sBl2KZslg98/S_zpH4fnuSI/AAAAAAAAADc/iKAhHApqEUk/s400/cyborg.jpg]

A moan came from the thing as it began to charge towards Lyle. If it was not stopped it would enter the elevator probably before the doors closed and Lyle would be imprisoned with in inside the small room.

Unknown Colony

Beyane cleared her Drell throat. "the signal is blocked from the main central command station. From there you have access to all functions of the colony." Beyane sighed. "But i don´t know the system. Probably I should go. Or . . . " She shook her head. "Okay, no you´ll need me up here. I must relay the message once you can send it. Well, I have a map for you. That could be helpful. And I will see if I can access scanners a security feeds from here. Maybe I can help you."

Tag: SirakRomar

Menry

As Cira walked, her feets and boots touching the very ground a tremble went through her. It was not one of the ground. It was one of the soul. And with a whispering voice, far far away the deep voice of something told her . . . suggested to her . . . that Resistance was futile.

"Every piece of you is infected by the one piece of us. Cira, you are among us. You are us. Open to our voice. Thus you may learn your true Master."

"Everything okay?" the Doctor asked and looked at the young woman.

Tag: TSG

18. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Hangar

While Lyle awaited not-so-patiently for the elevator, he kept glancing over his shoulder to where the noise was coming from. Or, rather, where the noise had been coming from. Everything had gone completely silent in the hangar and while that should've made the miner feel better, it really didn't. The silence only made him even more edgy and his head moved this way and that, his eyes scanning around every corner of the hangar. He wasn't comforted at all and he was just expecting something to break the calm. Bodies suddenly dropping from the ceiling, crazed maniacs stumbling out of the crates, maybe some sort of monsters that no one had ever noticed before on this planet and had taken over the entire colony-

That's it, Lyle lectured to himself. No more horror movie and pizza night for you.

A brief smile appeared on Lyle's face and for the moment he found himself thinking that he was being silly. There was no takeover whether it be by maniacs or monsters. Clearly something had come up like an emergency that had occurred at the other side of the colony. For certainly nothing could be wrong...

But it's certainly looking like something from a horror movie.

The thought came due to the blood. Having taken another look towards where he had previously heard the sound, Lyle felt his insides become completely chilled at the blood that now leaked from beneath the nearby crates. There came that inherent curiosity; the temptation that Lyle could just take a few steps over and take a look to see what was going on. The elevator was taking its time so he figured that he could run over, do a quick look, and be back by the time it came down-

No. Bad. Something's causing all that blood and you do not want to see what it could possibly be. There's plenty of time to find out what's going on once you're nice and safe in a secure area with a couple squads of armed guards.

When the elevator blinged Lyle felt as if he was just about to jump out of his suit. Again those horror movies came to mind, specifically those cliche moments where the victim thinks that they're safe but upon opening a door - or an elevator - they find the monster or the killer waiting for them and then off with their heads they go or are torn limb-from-limb-

Empty! Lyle tried to calm himself. Empty, empty, empty! No monsters! Empty!

The elevator was indeed empty and Lyle focused on his breathing to slow his rapidly beating heart. Empty. Elevator was empty. With that thought reverberating in his mind, Lyle strode into the elevator, releasing one, final breath that completely calmed him.

And then he was right back into the horror movie.

The stomping caused Lyle's heart to start beating in a renewed fervor and he whirled around just in time to see the dreaded monster step out from behind cover. A machine. No, human. A human attached to a machine! The stomping, moaning hybrid that now charged towards him!

Lyle reached a hand out to the elevator controls, hitting a button, any button, that would close it and send him away from the hangar and the charging monstrosity. But even then he knew it wasn't going to be any good. Knowing the standard, slow response time of elevators and their equally slow-closing doors, Lyle predicted that the thing was going to be able to make his way through the doors and enter the elevator. With him.

"Sorry," Lyle apologized as he dropped Eyana to the elevator floor. To replace her weight, Lyle unveiled the plasma cutter and pointed it in front of him like he would a standard pistol.

Of course it wasn't a gun. Plasma cutters were meant to do just that: cut things. With superheated plasma they could cut through the tough stone and minerals found in the mines in order to free them. But it was the closest thing to a weapon he had and Lyle hoped that it would be enough to at least slow it down. Upon powering on, the plasma cutter came to life and three blue laser reticules reached out and became painted on the body of

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Level 6

Kesler was able to get a quick glimpse of the spiders on the vid-screen before there was static.

"So we're stuck here?" he asked, wondering if he would die on this crappy planet.

TAG: Level 6

OOC: Very short, I know. Just letting you know I'm still in the game. My computer/internet problems should be resolved within a week or two (hopefully sooner). Sorry. I'll get posts in when I can.

20. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

"How long do we last once the engines are down?"

"Six hours." Kai muttered, as she watched the spiders swarm all over the engines. "Maybe a bit less, looking at how they're tearing the things apart."

This was it. She was going to die. Hundreds of light years away from the Migrant Fleet. Lost to her people, marked as an exile in the Fleet's history. She groaned and covered her head with her hands.

Keep it together, Kai.

"My overload hurt them." The thought was blurted out almost before Kai realised what she'd said. "If we could make a big enough electrical pulse, we might be able to make a dent in them."

[TAG: Control Room folks

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    24 hours update warning

The Ruins
    Beneath the Colony

She opened her eyes.

The absence of her body was compensated by the incredible feeling of omnipresence. As if she had been stretched so she could experience a million lives. Existences.

Who am I?

No memory of that.

What am I?

You are the last. Of us.

I am?

The last.

No.

The first.

The first.

She needed more flesh.

Tag: Nobody

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Level 6 . . .

"And how are we meant to survive this? Or the colony?" Mara asked with a voice like acid. "She is right, we wouldn´t." Manfred said and sighed. "Actually the energy for soomething like this could only come from the damned Generator itself anyway, does it?"

Shaking his head he looked at Kai. "Okay, we need to get out of here. I hate it to break the bad new to you, but some ancient creature is using these machines to take over your colony and there is not a thing we can do about it." Mara shot him a look. 2cira decides when we leave, not you." Manfred lookedb back, suddenly challenging his superior. Who happened to look like a yougn girl. "Nope. Cira decides when you and I go. They can go whenever they want. Or are we taking humans as hostages now? Or quarians? Cerberus is here to gather information, not startt a war, I thougtht?"

"We are at war!" Mara shot back.

The Barkeeper leaned his head over to the Bounty hunter and smirked. "Looks like they got a really well working chain of command, hm?"

And is someone wanted to remind them of their own they suddenly heard a voice from the comm station. "Control call in. This is the Administrator." The voice seemed stressed and angry. But it was the first sign anybody was still alive at all.

Tag: levelers

The Hangar . . .

The cutter hit the fast moving thing at it´s shoulder. The energy cut through the flesh, yet the metal stayed in place. It seemed to produce pain, as the remains of the human inside of it opened their mouth in a silent scream. Yet it did not stop him. The thing approached even faster, before stumbling once. It was the one second it would have needed. The doors shut right as it reached them. The impact of it´s body hammering against it deformed the doors. Then the lift was on it´s way up.

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Catch up post, I am now to free to post much more regularly :)

IC: Taylor Harris
    Level 6

The commando went down, the air filled with his final anguished scream as the needle ripped into his body, blood seeped through the gaps in his helmet as he fell into a crumpled heap on the floor. Then all hell broke loose. Mara and her team opened fire, sparks sprang off its metallic frame, but gunfire didn't seem to do anything against it. It fell to the ground and coiled back ready. The other commandos gun overheated and it saw its chance, striking out, it made a be line straight for the group

"Into the control room!

Mara shouted. Taylor could hear the rising fear in her voice as Manfred followed her order, dropping the weapons he had been carrying and fleeing towards the control room. It was then that the tentacle found its next victim. It stuck out with its deadly needle once more, running the injured Asari dancer through with three brutal stabs to the chest. The other Asari screamed at the murder of her sister. Taylor hissed under her breath and quickly followed the others, in the rush managing to scoop up her pistol from the ground. If she was going die here, she would go down fighting.

"MOVE!"

Mara yelled once more, another salvo of bullets proved fruitless against the tentacle, her last round spent, the ominous tone from her gun showed it had overheated. Looking towards Kai, Taylor noticed she was using her omni-tool again as Mara sealed the room. Breathing heavily, she saw that they were a head short. The other commando was still outside. Through the view port, she watched as he tried to fend the thing off, but his efforts were futile as it struck out and grabbed him, dragging him up into the mass of wires in up in the ceiling. Trying to keep her hands steady she checked her gun was still functional after that Cerberus moron had dropped it. It was then she heard his panicked voice as he stared at one of the rooms monitors

"Crap!...We?re so screwed."

He hissed, Taylor watched as Kai barged him out of the way of the monitor

What is it?...What's going on?"

"It´s the spiders. They are everywhere!"

He turned the monitor, and the sight of what was on it made Taylor?s stomach do a complete 180. hundreds upon thousands of spiders were swarming around in the engineering room. They were tearing the place to shreds, eating up machinery like an army of termites would devour the bark off a tree. Mara lowered her gun, it looked like she finally realised that keeping their butts alive was more important than capturing Kesler. Another type of spider, larger, more advanced looking then the others charged for the camera feed, knocking it out and replacing the nightmarish image with static. Mara asked Kai how long they had once the engines were down

"Six hours...Maybe a bit less, looking at how they're tearing the things apart."

So it was a choice between death by tentacle or death by poisonous gas? Taylor swore under her breath, but didn't have enough time to voice her frustrations when the tentacle resumed its relentless hammering on the door. Bringing up her pistol, she focused her gun at the door, a stony look on her face. She addressed Mara, but didn't take her eyes off the door. It was no doubt weakening by the minute.

"Your supposed to be the crack commando unit, if you have a plan you better spill it now"

She snapped at the younger woman. The door would not hold forever. Kai spoke up

"My overload hurt them...If we could make a big enough electrical pulse, we might be able to make a dent in them."

Mara dismissed the young Quarians suggestion with vitriol, and commander and subordinate started to argue. Taylor rolled her eyes, this was the best that Cerberus could come up with? Over the relentless crashing of the tentacle against the door Taylor listened as Manfred spoke

"Okay, we need to get out of here. I hate it to break the bad new to you, but some ancient creature is using these machines to take

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Dealing with viruses, mechanical issues, and limited internet access for the past month and a half, I'm back on-line again (hopefully for a long while, this time).

[b]IC: Andrew Kesler[/b]
    [i]Location: Level 6[/i]

What kind of "creature" were they dealing with? Things seemed to be going from bad to worse. Kesler grabbed his stomach. It still hurt from...whatever it was that happened at the Menry. Kelser still felt it was something in the drink that did it, but he had no proof of that, and now wasn't the best time to question that. They had more pressing matters.

Then the voice came over the comm device. [i]"Control call in. This is the Administrator."[/i]

Taylor screamed back, [i]"Took you long enough you Jackass! What, You been sleeping while your facility is being torn to shreds?"[/i]

Andrew Kesler put his arm out toward Taylor, almost as if to say [i]stop[/i]. He said to her, "If he's our only ticket outta here, we probably shouldn't make him mad." But Kesler had to admit, he felt the same way Taylor did...

[b]TAG: Level 6 people...[/b]

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Slowly she felt the bravery of eighty years of continued existence vanish. Was Beyane serious? She was meant to go there? Down there? Where these things came from? She was meant to reach the control room, unlock security protocols and . . . no, she was not meant to go back. It was no necessary to suceed. If she went down there she would die down there.

Aleena gave Beyane a long look. the woman was probably not experienced enough to know that. she probably believed a great warrior could fight his way in and out again. It would not be like this. She would need a god damned bit of luck to make it in. And there was not enough luck to make it out again in all the galaxy.

"Okay." That was all she said and she took her backpack from her back and got out the rope. She zipped the gun to her back, checked her sidearm and then sighed, before walking over to the elevator shaft. "Listen, the plan is simple, I get down there, I get the message out. From the control room I can do it without you. I will just need to access the main communications setting, right? I can do that. You try to get back to the gunship and flee. Got that? You take yourself out of the picture, so you don´t worry me anymore."

Aleena nodded. So, it would end like this? Better than nothing. At least she died for a purpose. Some hundreds of miners saved. Or at least, she would have tried to.

She could not shake the feeling this was a bit out of their league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.