main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Mass Effect] Commander Kaidan (AU, Shepard died on Eden Prime)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by DarthCorsa, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorsa

DarthCorsa Jedi Master star 1

May 7, 2010
    Commander Kaidan

Author: Darth Corsa

Summary: AU. Commander died shortly after discovering the beacon on Eden Prime. Somebody else now will be in charge. (There was femShepard)

Disclaimer: All belongs to Bioware. Bioware doesn't belong to us.

A/N: This is my first ME story and I haven't read any ME fiction. I only wrote Star Wars stories before.

Thanks to Darth Manul for some ideas.

As far as English isn't my first language - sorry for the mistakes :( Anyway, if anyone want to help - welcome.

Prologue

And I need you to recover
    Because I can't make it on my own

Faunts, M4 Part II

Shepard tried to open her eyes, but everything was like in blur. 'Like the morning after the shore leave,' the quick thought pierced her brain. The last thing she remembered was the human colony, Eden Prime. They had found an ancient Prothean beacon and Alenko had approached it. Commander had pushed him aside, and then it all had happened. Like a dream or a vision, but most likely like a nightmare.

"Doctor Chakwas? Will she be okay?" Lieutenant Alenko?

"Physically she is not fine," the woman replied. "How could you miss that last geth?"

"It's my fault," Kaidan said sadly, "if I hadn't approached the beacon, we would have noticed that geth?"

"Don't be so hard on yourself, you don't actually know?"

Yes, Shepard remembered the geth, which had shot at her, when she? had been having the vision. It had happened so fast, that the marines even hadn't noticed the synthetic until it was too late.

"Doctor Chakwas! She's waking up!"

"She'd better stay unconscious, the brain activity is too high," she said, looking at the screen.

Shepard finally managed to open her eyes and sat on the hard medical coach. Awful. The head really was going to explode. The patches on the chest didn't help to feel better too.

Kaidan quickly turned away from the screen; he looked uneasy.

"Shepard?"

"How's our XO holding up?" This was Captain Anderson, who entered the medical bay. "Doctor, I got your message..."

Chakwas negatively shook her head.

"Captain," Shepard said hoarsely.

"She was out for about fifteen hours!" Kaidan stated angrily. "She needs a proper treatment!"

"Commander, what's happened back on Eden Prime?" Anderson asked with a worried look upon his face, even not paying any attention to Lt.

"Captain! She's not fine!" Alenko angrily said.

"Silence!"

"Really, can it wait for a bit?" Shepard miserably asked. "I don't think it's a good idea... my head is going to explode."

"Alenko and Williams have already told me about Nihlus. What's happened with the beacon?" Anderson asked, turning a deaf ear to both of them.

"I think it was a kind of... vision. Geth, maybe. They were slaughtering people. Butchering them?" She coughed. The cell of the medical bay started to spin.

"Shepard!" Kaidan cried.

Commander fell back on the coach, with a mad squeaking of some medical equipment, throbbing in the ears.

She was dead.

"Why couldn't you wait?" Alenko cried, pointing at Anderson.

"I'm sorry Kaidan, there was no chance to save her," Chakwas said, shaking her head. "When I looked at her life signs, I decided it would be best to send a message to Captain's omni-tool."

"We needed all information, Lieutenant, though it didn't help much. Everything is more serious than we expected. Saren was a Spectre like Nihlus. We can just hope that the Council will believe us... I'll tell Joker to head on the Citadel." Anderson said, leaving the bay.

Ashley was waiting in the mess hall, leaning to the wall.

"How is she?" Williams casually asked. Now she was wearing Normandy uniform as Anderson had accepted her as a member of his crew, after her whole unit was wiped out.

"She is dead!" Kaidan answered, lowering his head.

"Dead colonists. Dead commander. And in the end, we still didn't get the beacon!"

"How can you only speak like that!"

"In case, you haven't noticed I'd lost the whole unit and I don't cry! We're marin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.