main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mass Effect fanfic?

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by moosemousse, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm playing through the first Mass Effect and I'm absolutely loving it, except the Virmire mission (if you've played it you'll know what I mean). I'm more than tempted to ship two of the characters, and there's lots of fanfic potential in the game, I think. Has anyone written any, or would anyone be interested in reading any?

2. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I LOVE Mass Effect and its sequel. I have a few fics written and posted up on other sites, and I'd definitely be interested in reading a few from this board's pool of talent.

Part of what makes writing ME fics featuring Shepard is how I can expand on the character in more ways than the games let me. I haven't done it to the extent of my Dragon Age characters, but I will eventually.

And about Virmire... I got that pang of sadness just when Ashley said "It's all right, Commander. I don't regret a thing" when I chose to save Kaidan, even though I've played through that part a ton of times.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've only played it once, and as Female Shepard. I chose to save Ashley, but I nearly cried. I didn't want to have to choose between them. I chose Ashley because Fem!Shepard/Ashley is kinda hawt, even if nothing happens I get the feeling that there's more there than meets the eye.

I'm gonna give it another run through and then see if I can come up with something awesome.

4. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Shame that the F!Shepard/Ashley (and M!Shepard/Kaidan) romance got cut from the game, even though they're still present and mostly accessible (on the PC version) thru a bit of tweaking.

I'm doing a UDC4 run-through in ME, actually, but it's not postable here for the M!Shepard/Joker lurvz.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oooh! I must read that!!! I love Joker too much. The beard, the looks, the voice of Seth Green . . what's not make anyone feel giddy and weak in the knees?

6. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    It's up somewhere on FF.net as "Mass Mayhem" (titled so because it's the ME version of my SW UDCs, "Minute Mayhem").

And yes, Joker is amazing. His awesomeness increases tenfold in ME2.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I just found it, and wow. :eek:

Number 10 was a bit :_| though. :(

8. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Not sure if that "wow" is a good thing or a bad thing. :D

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    A good thing! :D

I also got the wrong smiley in there too. :oops:

I meant to say: Number 10 was a bit :_| though. :(

10. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Oh, okay. :) Thanks! For a moment, you had me thinking that #10 was hilarious.

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I was think about my favourite pairings earlier, and I came up with this list:

Shepard/Joker: I don't think this would be a romantic pairing, more of a siblings or brothers in arms type thing.

biotic!m!Shepard/Kaiden: could be mushy, with a biotic m!Shepard taking care of Kaiden and showing concern.

f!Shepard/Ashley: would be a feisty relationship, with them going on adventures and stuff. They'd always look out for each other.

m!Shepard/Ashley: like f!Shepard/Ashley but more *ahem* active.

f!Shepard/Liara: Liara comes across as being really innocent and shy when it comes to relationships. I'd imagine that f!Shepard would be the strong one in the relationship though Liara would be the one suggesting new things to try.

I'm trying to work out what to do for my next run through. I'm tempted to go infiltrator so I can unlock the sniper rifle and pistol for other classes that don't have them, but I can do that with a soldier.

12. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    No Shepard/Tali or F!Shepard/Garrus? Just kidding. I spend way too much time on the official ME forums.

As for character classes, if it's just for sniper rifles (pistols aren't bonus talents), then it really doesn't matter. I'd say Infiltrator just out of my bias. My main M!Shep is one.

EDIT: And I finally got two plot bunnies that I can post in the NSWFFR when they're done. Perfectly in compliance with the rules. The first features Sneaky!Infiltrator!M!Shep, the second Angry!Vanguard!M!Shep.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I like Tali but there's nothing there between her and Shepard, except that Shepard is the captain of an awesome ship. I don't even want to think about Garrus like that.

Yeah, I've gone with Infiltrator. There are some classes that have no weapon skills at all so a pistol would be a bonus skill, though I'm not sure why you'd want a pistol when you can have a shotgun or an assault rifle.

And yay! Let me know when it's posted. :D

14. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    The Sentinel's the only class without a weapon talent, but actually, the pistol talent is merged with his/her class talent. So a point in the Sentinel talent is a point towards + pistol damage and + pistol accuracy. Adepts have to unlock it thru spending points in Basic Armor, while Engineers get it for free. [/endnerdyMEbabbling]

So yeah. Every class can train with pistols.

I'm replaying ME1 as a Vanguard for my 3rd ME2 import. It makes me appreciate how much improvement in the individual classes there is in ME2. (Biotic Charge + Shotgun = win.)

15. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I must say the Kelly romance in ME2 after a Liara playthrough on ME1 as FemShepard is great fun :p

16. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    I admit that I did the Kelly romance just so I could get her to feed my fish for me. But in my fanfic universe, Victor Shepard and Kelly's "flirting" is just harmless joking because Victor finds the idea of an "affair with the secretary" very amusing. But in the end there is only one person for that Shepard.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't played ME2 yet, I don't even own it! :_|

18. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Whoo-hoo, I have something posted on the forum now (as you wanted to know, moosemousse). Being a 4th-quarter high school senior is great; I can make time for fics now.

My Renegade Vanguard M!Shep was originally gonna cheat on Ashley with Miranda, but that message right after a certain plot mission annihilated that idea. Probably gonna explore the emotional conflict on that end through fan fiction. That M!Shepard, Hunter Shepard, is the complete opposite of my other M!Shepard (Victor) in almost every personality aspect except the ones that make them good leaders.

Maybe it'll be more interesting to have a Renegade stay faithful and have a future Paragon cheat...

19. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm such a player :p Got into a relationship with Miranda, then Tali rejoined so I started a relationship with her and broke it off with Miranda, then whilst Tali was fretting about safe-sex and suit usage, I shagged Jack because I was bored :p

Shame I screwed up on the Morinth mission :p

Also, I seriously want to write a Blasto fanfic. A hanar Spectre? :p

20. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Damn. Meanwhile, I just have two Sheps ready to cheat on their ME1 romances.

A romance with Morinth is great for Shepard's health. =D

They're pretty good at strangling, according to Zaeed.

21. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010

i write short comic strips in my spare time so i did a star wars mass effect cross over. i basicly only wrote on the intro but as far as specific charachters im still sorting through who im gona use

22. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    Anyone else planning on doing the UDC5 with Mass Effect? I have 2/5ths of Week 1 done, and I'll have it posted by Friday.

23. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010
    heres the intro to the mass effect/star wars cross over i wrote

in the year 2183 after the events of mass effect 2 ssv normandy commanded by commander shepard passes through a new section of space and discovers a new mass relay. fearing of retaliation from the collectors the normandy enters the mass relay and appears in the middle of a new galaxy that is in turmoil of war between the alliance and the empire. the normandy gets damaged in the cross hairs and lands on the closet planet to them wich turns out they land on tattooine. with the ship damaged and in a new galaxy commander shepard and his team fight to survive and the question is who does he fight wile this galaxy is in a full scale war?

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm on my second run through of ME2, but this time I'm renegade male Shepard. It's odd though, I'm trying to go all out Renegade but I can't stop doing Paragon actions, like stopping that noob from attacking Archangel. [face_worried]

I really want to write a fic, but I don't have any ideas. :(

25. CherryLightsaber

Mar 16, 2005
    The new DLC for ME2 is plot bunny heaven. I have this idea for a set of drabbles personalizing a certain section of "Lair of the Shadow Broker" for each of my Shepards' head canons. (I have six, one for each class.) Except fics featuring my main Shepard can't be posted here because they tend to be slashy with Joker, so it probably will stay on my LJ and FFN.

And ME2 is pretty much the reason why I ship my main Shepard with Joker. ME1, Joker was really just the funny guy in the cockpit making snarky comments once in a while. ME2, he's one of the constants. One of the few things that stayed the same between Shepard's death and revival and stuck with Shepard through the whole thing while Kaidan/Ashley and others didn't. For some of my other Sheps who realize this, that makes Shep and Joker really close friends. For my main Shep, that means love. (I have one Shep who hates Joker's guts. That's the one being featured in my UDC5 response.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.