main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Got the freeware version of FRAPS and took a few shots in the Spectre office.

Saintheart, you'll appreciate this one:

[​IMG]

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    GRAAAAA INFERNO AMMO MACHINEGUN OF DEATH GRAAAA

:D

3. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Wonder why Garrus likes this girl ...

[​IMG]

4. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    She has reach and flexibility.

(Keep this up and I might have to share some of my numerous ME2 screenshots.:p )

5. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Yep. C'mon Garrus, you know she let you win that bottle-shooting contest ...

I took ones of the rest of my Sheps, but rather than flood the thread with them now I'm going to take some better ones later. Plus most of them haven't acquired their "final" N7 armor configurations yet ... pretty much aside from the posted soldier and infiltrator they all have one or two more components to pick up on Thessia, Horizon, Ontarom, or Cerberus HQ.

6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    My personal headcanon is that Garrus threw the match to Shepard. Shepard can't be better than everyone at EVERYTHING.

7. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Not much of a "match" when it's a 1-1 tie and Shep either missed intentionally or made the shot though ... then again, after that it either goes straight to a best buds moment or a proposal.

8. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    I think a flash suppressor mod might be necessary for heavy pistols ...

[​IMG]

9. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    ^^Yeah... might want a suppressor for that pistol there. [face_laugh]

The Vanguard femShep I took through ME3 missed the bottle. Just seemed right in a way, given that Vanguards are mostly close range, while Garrus is a sniper. (I headcanoned that it was a genuine miss, and that Shep didn't "let" Garrus win.) The broShep Infiltrator and fem Soldier though? Nailed it. :p

Well, I might as well share a few of my (8,386, according to Steam) screenshots from ME2. Some of them are rather... funny looking.

[​IMG]
    Here's my male Shepard meeting TIM for the first time (and for some reason, TIM looks ashamed about something).

[​IMG]
    First time on the SR2. I like how Jacob looks like he's stopping suddenly, and Miranda's all "What the frak?"

[​IMG]
    This... I think Shep's trying to dance...?

10. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Well, the Paladin does pack more of a wallop than most sniper rifles, so I imagine that would be a pretty hellacious muzzle blast. Funnily, I think that gun got affected in SP by the most recent patch - now it only has 3 shots per clip instead of 4, just like MP. Engineer's the only class I picked it up for as a sharpshooting pistol, my adept uses the Carnifex and everyone else uses the Executioner for that job. As far as the shooting contest, it's 50-50 on missing that one or making it. My infiltrator actually misses it, but then again as Garrus notes there are "other" things that she's good at ;)

On those last two screens, maybe the reason Jacob and Miranda look freaked out is because they know just how bad Shepard's dance moves are ... :oops:

11. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Supposedly, according to Chris Priestly's Twitter feed, details on the final SP DLC will be released next week.

You may fire when ready.
    [​IMG]

12. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    The information blackout on this latest piece of DLC really has me excited, for the first time since the Extended Cut. Couple that with me overcoming my mental block and being able to play the 3rd game again and actually really enjoy it...I just might buy this one :p

Also, if several of those particle rifles targeted the same banshee or brute simultaneously in multiplayer, I'd like a ringed-explosion easter egg.

13. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Several? Say, eight or nine? :cool:

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, I went on my first Gold runs last night on MP, taking my beloved Turian Krysae soldier along.

I must say I was reeeeeasonably happy. You have to bear in mind I'm in there toting a Krysae II with level 1-ish gear, surrounded by Cerberus Harriers and 20-levelled Engineers, Adepts and Vanguards. They didn't kick me at least, and it was tougher than Silver, but I don't think I disgraced myself terribly. In fact the first Gold ended epic: I got a little left behind as Wave 11 finished off, and had to make a dead run through Firebase Giant with Phantoms and Dragoons running around, right from the opposite corner of the map to the LZ. Made it with ten seconds left on the clock!

I did find a way to make the upgrading a little less painless: rather than picking up Spectre packs, I went back down and just bought a big pile of Recruit packs instead. As those of you familiar with MP would know, that meant all my basic weapons levelled to X rather quickly. So for the hell of it, I took a new character - Human Soldier - out for a spin with an Avenger X on Bronze. I was surprisingly leet, and the level felt a lot easier. Not saying I could've solo'ed it -- not yet, anyway -- but I dominated out of the teams of four in that group.

I'm also playing around with my N7 Destroyer with an Avenger X/Krysae combination, just switching on Devastator Mode and running around borking troopers with either/or. It may be just my feeling but Piranha makes things a little too easy, at least on Bronze or Silver, but I might play around with that later. From here it'll probably be steadily-increasing numbers of Gold runs, the payoff's much better in credit terms and I've maxed out all my basic weapons.

15. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, I had some odd revelations setting up my SP adept. I leveled up the Mantis early on as my heavy anti-Reaper sniper; it's pretty darn light and packs a heck of a wallop. My original intent was to use that as an interim weapon until I got the Carnifex ... then I realized that with the Heavy Barrel mod, the freakin' pistol was slightly heavier than the Mantis. Now, that mod pretty much turned it into a one-shot-kill semiauto hand cannon with six rounds in the mag and three dozen in the ammo belt ... but given my adept doesn't need a lot of ammo I'm finding it more sane to carry the Mantis for the higher per-shot damage and an extra few percentage points of recharge bonus.

The other "basic" gun that surprised the heck out of me was the lowly Shuriken. Fit that with an extended barrel and a stability mod and it's a nice, lightweight, and accurate lethal joke. I might actually prefer it over the Geth Plasma SMG, since there's no "spin-up" time.

16. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    Wouldn't the particle rifle blast need to be green for that to work? :p

Also, Episode 42 of Marauder Shields is up now: Without Remorse

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The soundtrack for ME3 is awesome!!!!

18. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Hmph. I was hoping some new info on the next DLC would be released ... scuttlebutt says next week.

I'll be on a field assignment in Puerto Rico all next week, probably won't be checking much online aside from the necessities. Well played, BioWare, well played.

19. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I read someone's post on the BSN like a month ago wishing that the main teaser image:

[​IMG]

Would be an area taking place outside of the timeline of the game and the "Silversun Strip" is actually kind of an area where you can meet all the characters from the series in an epilogue fashion.

Obviously won't happen, but definitely would be a cool sort of nostalgia trip.

20. Blarg

Blarg Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2013
    I'm hoping the upcoming DLC is as good quality as Lair of the Shadow Broker, hopefully we get more information within the next week or two.

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Frankly I'm more interested in the MP aspects of the DLC now. SP basically ripped my heart out of its chest, burned it, and then relieved itself on it afterwards; the hurt is actually getting worse with time, I'm finding.

That alone probably tells you how big a journey I've been on since I never played MP online in any franchise until this came along. And even then the biggest thrill has been the random rewards (guess I'll have to avoid going on online gambling sites from now on ;) ) and the fact it's not PvP. I reckon that was probably the smartest design choice they made. It's a great pity they couldn't have been quite so penetratingly smart with the SP aspect of the title.

Took my first ever Infiltrator -- SP or MP -- out for a spin this weekend ... still carrying a Krysae, I suck at sniping with anything other than a safe camping vantage. Interesting experience, to say the least, but given it was just human male and I'm only about level 12 or so I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is. Yes, you go invisible, but the game still cheats and blasts you unless you're right out of view when you go dark. Damage is a bit better and reload time is slightly faster than with trooper, but frankly out of the ones I've tried thus far (Soldier, Turian Soldier, N7 Destroyer, Human Infiltrator) the Turian Soldier's probably been the most fun and viable; the CS/Krysae round combo has kept me safe fairly well, even if the damage is subpar.

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... i've seen the n7 infiltrator DESTROY everything. as in soloing gold missions without a problem. also any class that gets a sword. they are like way, way overpowered when they get to max level. it's kinda nuts.

23. Blarg

Blarg Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2013
    I've unlocked all of the N7 classes. They seem pretty OP

24. BLemelisk

Aug 19, 2003
    I need to start playing multiplayer again. There's been so much stuff added I feel like I won't be able to get any points, considering the last game I played was when people were saying the Krogan Vanguard was too powerful :p

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Be warned, if it's been that long you'll find a lot of stuff has been nerfed. Krysae in particular I personally find annoying - it's a rocket propelled grenade, and it still won't kill with one shot on Silver? I mean, one right in the face? Bad enough you can't make headshots with it because of the proximity fuse, but gee whizz, for a racial weapon of the Turians you expect a bit better...