main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    Yeah, but I mean the Reaper threat was unresolved, because they knew they were doing a trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    You think Andromeda will end with the main conflict resolved? Corac

3. Corac

Aug 16, 2015
    Just because of what I vaguely remembered hearing, and indeed did, since I just looked it up:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andromeda-isnt-meant-to-be-the-start-of-a-new-trilogy/
    So I would guess they're doing it more like Dragon Age, where there's stuff going on in the world that isn't all tied up neatly with a bow, but they also don't leave any world-destroying horrors hanging.

The Vanguard likes this.
  4. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    LOL.
    Glad to hear it.

COUNTDOWN HAS REACHED -24 HOURS! :D

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Checking around, ME1 got very good scores, but the situations are very different. Back with the original ME, Bioware was kind of transitioning from KotOR to Mass Effect, so people were willing to be more... lenient, forgiving of story, technical glitches etc.

The thing is though that Andromeda is the fourth ME game, so people have higher expectations. Not to mention ME3 damaged Bioware's reputation a lot, and Bioware isn't what it once was either, the company having changed a lot over the years (for better or worse).

They're probably still getting used to the engine, to the hardware (inquisition was spread out across multiple generations, I think, compared to this one). And they're in a tough situation story-wise- people want to see the old favorite species (turian, krogan, asari, etc.) but people also expect Bioware to set up a lot new stuff, to take advantage of being in an entirely different galaxy. Based on reviews so far, doesn't sound like they do that.

Guess it'll depend on the person how much the animation or glitches bother them. I wish games would ship out in better condition, rather than all these day one patches, or how maybe in a month or two the faces will look better (which kind of kills motivation to buy the game at launch). Doesn't help that you have games like Witcher 3 or even Horizon Zero Dawn setting new standards for graphics and facial expressions.

Now to resist the temptation to look up ending spoilers. I don't think they've planned for a trilogy, but I doubt they would let the new Andromeda setting go to waste either.

The Vanguard likes this.
  6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The NVIDIA driver update made a huge difference to the performance, thankfully.

Without wanting to come across as a massive perv, has else anyone checked out the sex scenes? All I'll say is "crikey."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I've decided against buying this for now. Doesn't mean I won't get to it at some point, but will likely wait until it becomes cheaper.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  8. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I haven't watched the 'mature' scenes, I haven't really watched anything other than weapons and combat vids.
    Trying to remain as spoil-free as possible. .

Jedi Ben that's a wise choice, you will save yourself a lot of dough.
    For the impatient types like me - it's impossible to wait that long.

Padme501st and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    So after that Deception continuity fiasco and ME3 ending uprising there is now game that is getting weaker reviews? Once famous series is becoming kinda infamous, it seems to me. I can´t objectively judge, but, despite I consider Andromeda galaxy my territory, I still kinda don´t want to buy it yet, becouse I haven´t heard anything about the story that would spark my interest.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm staying away from spoilers but I'm hearing some negative feedback on this game that has me concerned fo sho. Basically hearing that combat is super ace but the story is crap.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm only a few hours in, but so far I'm loving it. It feels like Mass Effect, which is all I care about.

12. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I took the day off yesterday and got as far as completing the first priority mission. (Heavy explorer here.)

heels1785 I couldn't have said it better myself. Mass Effect is back, roots and all.

What's your impression so far Rebecca_Daniels?

The only complaint I would share is..

The camera is awful close to the character for 3rd person view. Makes combat a little difficult. On a similar note but not a complaint, the left shoulder/right shoulder view switch is new. and makes it more engaging than usual. I like it.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's encouraging.

Now, if I ever stop playing Zelda...

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  14. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm a few hours in as well, and I'm really enjoying it...and yeah, it sure does feel like Mass Effect, even if all the characters and settings are new.
    Combat is really, really cool with the jump jet, and it feels fresh. Can't wait to get some decent weapons and abilities. One thing I'm not sure about yet is lack of squad commands. Not being able to tell them to use a specific ability at a certain time is...odd.

The Vanguard likes this.
  15. Corac

Aug 16, 2015
    I've actually been a bit frustrated with combat so far. I still haven't gotten to the second planet so I won't judge it too quickly, but did anyone else feel like movement and aiming had a slight lag, like you're playing on one of those TVs with a game mode with the game mode off?

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Corac I noticed that a little bit too. Especially for moving targets, you have to lead your shots a little more than usual. It's reminiscent to the blaster shooting in Battlefront.

17. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    20 minutes and my deluxe digital edition will unlock, I can't wait!! It's been so hard avoiding Youtube the last couple of days.

The Vanguard likes this.
  18. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    It will be worth it. Trust me.

Oh and, the menu music..=D==D==D=

PimpBacca likes this.
  19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    That's one thing about the game that, for all it's flaws, it has an amazing soundtrack.

True Sith and The Vanguard like this.
  20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Anyone else ever use Joker's line for a text tone?

"Message comin' in, patchin it through."

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    No, but damn it I'm now tempted.

22. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  23. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    2 minutes!!

24. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Mine went live at 11pm. Even though I played the trial I'm making a new character. I rushed my first attempt because of the time limit the trial had. Much happier the second time around.

The Vanguard likes this.
  25. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    What is the GB requirements of the game?