main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Mass Effect Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Sep 7, 2012.

1. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    [​IMG]

We all wondered it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012

Okay y'all gotta answer this for me...

Once you finish Eos and go "Hey guys this planet is ready, come on down!" and the colonists land, you have a cutscene talking about Nexus politics blah blah...and then you turn around to walk back to your ship and it's like BOOM this whole colony has been built already and has a history to it and people gone missing already (?!) and it seems like it's been sitting there for months. When literally I *just* told these peeps the planet is ready!

Like that's what happened right? Or am I crazy? The whole thing threw my mind off a cliff and I haven't been able to recover since.

Bonus question have you picked back up at all and is it worth slogging through some parts to finish the whole thing?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Understatement of the year.

I am so sick of Havarl. This stupid jungle with its metal canyons that I keep getting lost in and its Man of Steel-dreary color palette is making me anxious. I just want out. I've gotten lost on this world so many times that I want to pull my hair out.

I've now finally activated the hidden monolith and am heading to the Vault, but man this was a bitter experience so far.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it did.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  5. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

Nexus construction workers are out of this world.

LloydChristmas and The Vanguard like this.
  6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Just listening to my studying playlist when this came on..

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Damn that makes me sad, storytelling in the trilogy was gold standard. Idk if I can grind away more if that kinda stuff continually pops up. :(

dragonsith13 likes this.
  8. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    For anyone wondering Mass effect, Initiation drops next month. which is the second ME:A book.

The Vanguard likes this.
  9. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Finally finished Dying Planet.

What really makes me cringe about this game are the visuals for the Tempest (the ship exterior, to be precise).

I'm playing on Xbox One and the Tempest does not look half as stunning as the Normandy SR2 did on the Xbox 360. I'm not even discussing the aesthetics of the different ships, just the polish and depth of those cinematics. There are times when the Tempest looks like it's paper-thin, and looks as though I'm actually playing on an original Xbox than the X1.

I suppose, considering how nice ME2 and ME3 both looked for the last gen, that Andromeda could have been more visually impressive.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    When they announced that ME:A would have settlements I was hoping for a more intricate, deeper system of building settlements a la Fallout 4, but nope - you set it up, you get an instant, identikit, pre-set all done outcome.

Shame.

11. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh **** so that keeps happening?!

Mass Effect bb what is you doing :(

12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I miss the glory days of ME2.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I finished Havarl then other games turned up to hog my time more effectively.

14. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Absolute disgrace to the Mass Effect franchise. None of the heart and soul at all, just a coat of paint.

Mass Effect 1, I played through twice. Mass Effect 2, I played through four times. Mass Effect 3, five times. Couldn't even finish Andromeda once.

15. The Scavenger

The Scavenger Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 22, 2017
    Beat MEA 6 times (different outcomes and romances). Totally burned out now. It was good fun though, with lots to explore and just a nice change of pace from the trilogy!

16. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I still have not even bought the game, but looking forward to my first play through.

The Scavenger likes this.
  17. The Scavenger

The Scavenger Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 22, 2017
    I think you'll like it. It's not meant to be ME4 and is a standalone with callbacks to the trilogy, but other than that, you'll find it a completely different experience.

Jedi Ben and dragonsith13 like this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I agree. It's not the ME Trilogy. It's basically its own adventure in the same universe. Much like filler episodes in otherwise great TV shows.

19. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    I think in the end it is all about playability and how you enjoy the experience of playing.

The Vanguard and The Scavenger like this.
  20. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    More Book news for anyone interested, Mass Effect Annihilation has finally got a solid release date of June 26

This is potently the last ME:A novel unless they do a fourth book like they originally planned

The Vanguard likes this.
  21. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I loved the easter eggs they put in the game as a nod to the original trilogy.

My favorite one:
    Zaeed Massani's merc son!

22. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
  23. Mizore

Mizore Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2013
    Because the fans have done it that way. Mass Effect: Andromeda is much better game than you say, it is a return to the first to emphasize the exploration (pioneers, not warriors), Ryder may be less charismatic than Shepard, but she is for me more warm and friendly (purple style from Dragon Age 2), the story is not so epic but not all stories have to be epic, combat is an evolution of the third and the best of all, etc.

24. unironically

unironically Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2017
    lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chance the Jedi likes this.
  25. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    [​IMG]

Never gets old...