Mass Star Wars Knowledge Needed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by whitewarrior, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. whitewarrior Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone I am currently with others working on getting ready to play the star wars d20 game! Woot Woot! But there are things and story lines we plan on changing like we always do but we need you guys to help us with ACCURATE information! I've seen these boards before and knew you guys were the BEST place to go for ALL star wars information needed! We do have star wars wikia also but for direct and accurate information why not go right to the source as to not make mistakes. Mostly we are looking for info on our different problems or just correct information.

First off we decided to start playing about 100 years or so we think after the movies, the fall of the Sith Empire and the Jedi's are back on top. In our sessions the Sith Empire is still out there causing trouble in the worlds and we will find later in the sessions that there is a new Sith lord with TWO Sith's under him instead of the typical master and padawan. In the movies and books after the fall of the Sith Empire who was the main galactic powers. We thought that it was the Galactic Alliance, the Confederation and the Imperial Remnant. Correct us if thats wrong and can you shed a little light on what they are and do.

Second is do the Jedi only work for a single force, were they usually for hire but only keep the peace hire or can you shed a little light on that.

More questions more than likely in the future but i'll keep them edited in thread. Thank you guys for your amazing help ahead of time!
  2. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't read any of the books after the series where Jacen turned evil. To me, from that point on the novels just lost it for me. As far as I remember, there was just the New Republic and Imperial Order. If that's changed recently, I am unaware of it. In my novel, which takes place about 60 to 70 years after the ROTJ, that's how I have the galaxy set up.

About the Jedi: If I am correct in this: Up to the book series where Jacen became Darth Cedeus, The Jedi was it's own seperate identity but is closely tied with the New Republic and for the democracy that it stood for. After the death of Jacen, from what I understand, the under Daala, the Republic has turned against the Jedi, and is trying to imprison them all.

The Jedi were never hired for anything. They mostly come to help when they see injustice take form. If an new enemy invaded the galaxy, the Jedi would help the New Republic fight them off.

3. Lane_Winree Force Ghost

star 4
    It's not quite that extreme. Under Chief of State Daala the GA is trying to reign in the Jedi, making them more of a branch of her power rather than an independent entity that works in the name of the Alliance.
  4. whitewarrior Jedi Padawan

Thanks guys. That will be a great start for us to run with and start accurately writing our story.
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    If you want to stick with canon you should check out wookieepedia, in particular the Legacy era which is the same time frame as you're looking at for your game. I believe there's also an RPG guide for the Legacy era too, which will have a lot more information specific to the era. I think this would be right up your street as there's the Sith order, with Darth Krayt as the head and many other Sith working together.

Also, while I don't think that Jedi were ever hired out, like in the mercenary sense, I seem to recall reeding somewhere that they did help out in certain situations and donations were made to the Jedi order.
  6. mrjop2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wookipedia is an awesome site! That's where I get all my research for my stories.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.