main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Master Anakin Skywalker's FanArt ***UPDATED*** 09/08/08

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Anakin_Skywalker20, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    As I mentioned in the PM, you have a good start here Anakin_Skywalker20--keep us posted on your progress! Are you planning this as a separate portrait, or will you be including Mara (per your description of the picture you've worked out for your fic)?

FF

3. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Both will probably be separate since theres no room for Mara on the page. :p Thanx FF I will keep you posted until its completed. :)

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    As someone who is very bad at drawing hair, I applaud you! Very realistic and well detailed :)

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000

Thanks. :) It took me a few tries to get the hair down and it took me a while to find the hair style I wanted. I used Anakin/Jacen Solo's hair as references.

6. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Read my first post. :)

7. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Heres two others...

Anakin ep2

I did this one a long time ago.

Vader

I did this one during second year in college... in the graphic design program.

Mix and Match

The Vader one and this one are just some assignments I did during my second year...

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    What! :eek: There is always enough room for Mara! LOL. (Sorry, I am a big Luke/Mara fan) :p

You have done a great job with the prequel characters. I look forward to seeing more!

AG88

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice pieces of the single features! An interesting drawing exercise, to just take one feature to draw from each face. I definitely saw Natalie's eye, and most definitely saw Harrison's nose and mouth (his are just so distinctive and unique, it's really hard not to pick them out!). Good use of shading, good capture of contour and form. Just curious--was this exercise intended to improve the skill of capturing a likeness? It almost seems so: sort of "dissecting" the face into it's separate parts and working on accuracy with each... [face_thinking]

The PS pieces are pretty good, too--you have an eye for choosing photos that seem to match, light-wise--a very important factor, I think, in photo manipulation. I found I liked the Obi Wan/Sabe wallpaper best--the quote was quite evocative, and their expressions and poses speak very well to their emotions.

Keep up with the drawing, too--and thanks for sharing some more work!

FF

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000

Actually...the girl is not Natalie, she's just from an Ad :p hehe... This was one of the exercises I did in first semester of second year in my graphic design program and yeah it was sort of an exercise to improve the skill of capturing a likeness and what not. The one on the bottom corner is of Jake...Galleghan er I dunno how to spell his last name but he was in The Day after Tomorrow, I believe and also in October Sky. :) I dunno why I picked him but I guess I didn't want to ruin my Ewan Mcgregor pic... ;)

Here are some more...

Ewan Mcgregor

Something different for a change

Anakin

Anakin

Those two... Im not too happy with it...well the first one, I think is better than the other one. :p

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I'm liking the Anakin pieces--the first one, I think, is the strongest one: the use of the straight lines to define the planes of the face is very effective, and the likeness is very good, too (I realize that both of them are referenced to the same photo, but I like the "planar" piece best!). Very interesting exercises in drawing--maybe I should take a crack at a few of those, too! ;) Are you still taking classes in art?

FF

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000

Sort of. In my program that Im in has an art class but I refer it to drawing class sometimes. Im off right now and I go back in Janurary for my third and last year. :) Thanx for the comments FF. :)

13. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Here's some more...

Vader

I added a flamed background from another image and changed the blue-ish Vader to Black and blured the edges of him so it blends together a bit. :p plus I added a blue lightsaber. lol

Hayden/Liv

Anakin vs Vader

This one Im not too fond of ...yeah the lightsabers...but the rest is kinda cool and dark. lol sort of looks its raining inside the darken Jedi temple ;)

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I think the first Vader here is great--the brightly colored background is a good offset for his dark form and the brilliant blue lightsaber. The Hayden/Liv piece is good too--good job matching images that have the same sort of lighting--one of my "pet peeves" in image manip: when the lighting differs significantly on the images used! The Anakin vs. Vader piece is composed well--I think my only critique on it would be that Anakin is not looking at his opponent--in a true battle/contest, they would never take their eyes off each other. You might look for a screencap of Anakin in the final battle of ROTS for an image to use here--one where he's looking in the direction of where you have Vader. Other than that small thing, it's a good compositon.

FF

15. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    oops. lol I accidendly hit post before I could type in anything. lol. It was tough looking for a pic of Anakin to make it look like he's facing his apponent... oh well. I can always try it next time. :)

16. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Andrew Korien

I did this a while ago and made a few modifications on his clothes, hair, and added a goatee and I changed the robe from brown to black.

plus i changed the background to make it gloomy.

Korien

Here's a blow up of his head if u wanted to take a closer look. :)

17. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Wow, nice stuff you have here. I especially like your lastest piece, Andrew Korien. A good skill in photomanips you have there ;)
    The other pics are nice as well.

18. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    [image=http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/6023/officialpic04550ca.jpg]

[image=http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/2265/beard6kc.jpg]

There. Finally an update. Been awhile since I've done anything in photoshop.

here's another:

[image=http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6438/officialpic045456xi.jpg]

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey AS20! Finally got some time to drop in and take a look at your latest--sorry it's taken a while!

I like these manips--they don't look at all "painted" or unrealistic (and is this the goatee you wanted...?). Very nice! I like the sort of "aura" effect you have going, around the dark robes--sort of like a visible manifestation of the Force, hm? Nice work! Any drawings going? :D

FF

20. Ljungberg

Ljungberg Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2005
    Good job Anakin_Skywalker20..=D=

and funny works sharin Anakins facial hair

21. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    wow, ur good.:) I really like the one of Ewan McGregor.;)[:D] He's my favorite actor.

22. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Updated! :) check on page 1.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wow your planets are awesome! I really like the glow around them, did you create those in Photoshop?

24. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    Yes I did. :) Which one do u like the best? The blue ringed one is by far the best i've done and OMG... Its so beautiful. [face_blush] [face_love] [face_batting]

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I do like the blue saturn-type planet and it's yellow twin. I like all of the atmospheric dust that you added for detail too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.