main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Master and Padawan OT AU - Repost Updated 04/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cate, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Yeah, Ben has a lot to think about. Above all else, he has to keep Luke out of trouble. I get the feeling that alone is a full time job. :)

2. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up. :)

3. Cate

Cate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you for all your kind posts! This post has some more Obi-Wan/Owen brothers thing but we should be moving past that after this. BUt hey, this stories already AU, isn't it? :)

Owen Lars piloted his speeder deftly and with the ease of long practice into its accustomed place in front of the farmstead. He switched off the ignition and climbed out, glancing at the speeder parked next to it as he did so. Probably it belonged to one of the parents of the children Beru was always tutoring.

Owen's gaze swept the front of the farm, coming to rest on a small, sopping wet boy - though the water he was soaked with had just begun to evaporate in the harsh heat - sitting just out of the worst glare of the sun. Owen grunted, the moisture farmer in him rebelling at the idea of wasting even a minimal amount of water. The boy glanced up then, and Owen froze as a cold chill swept over him as icy blue eyes met his own. For a moment, the years fell away and he was seeing another boy with blue eyes and fair-hair as Obi-Wan introduced him.
    "Owen, Beru, this is my Padawan, Anakin Skywalker."

Owen blinked as time reasserted itself, and then glared at the boy who looked away, more than a little spooked by his vision. Just then he heard voices from inside the house and he dazedly wondered if the vision was still continuing... Then a man stepped out of the house, and for a moment Owen wished it were still just a memory.

"Obi-Wan," his voice was cold, non-committal. The Jedi looked around, startled, and Owen felt a flash of petty satisfaction that he could still surprise the great Jedi Master.

"Owen," his voice matched his half-brothers, though it was not so cold. The boy, no longer dripping so much, glanced uncertainly at Owen, then moved up to Obi-Wan's side. Luke pressed into his master's robes, unsure why this man was affecting him so much, he just knew that he radiated fierce hostility, directed towards his master. He frowned and glared protectively at this harsh man.

The boy was glaring at him, Owen noted... suddenly a flash of realisation hit him and he glanced up at Obi-Wan.

"This you're Padawan, then?" He asked. "I'm surprised you took another, after what happened to the last one." The flash of pain across Obi-Wan's face made Owen felt slightly ashamed of his remark. It had been a low blow, he admitted, even though he felt that Obi-Wan deserved all that and more for what he had done. The news on the Holo-Net attested to that as far as he was concerned.

"It has been a pleasure talking to you, Owen, as always." Obi-Wan's voice had settled into 'Jedi Diplomat' tone, not allowing any hint of his real feelings to come through. Owen gritted his teeth, that tone infuriating him as it had always done. The Padawan was glancing back and forth between them, obviously confused.

Footsteps on the stone floor broke the staring match between them as Beru hurried out, obviously having heard him pull up and moving to divert the inevitable clash between the two estranged brothers. She glanced quickly Owen's way, then smiled determinedly at Obi-Wan.

"It was good to see you, Ben," she said. Owen snorted at the comment, which she ignored. "So, we'll be seeing you most days, then? And Luke can help Biggs out with the droids in exchange for lessons."

"What?" Owen broke in, looking back and forth between them, "What's this?"

"Beru has kindly agreed to tutor Luke," Obi-Wan broke in, voice still Jedi calm. "And now I believe we have imposed on you far too long," He bowed slightly to Beru the boy - Luke, was it? - copying his movement, and then steered the child in the direction of the speeder.

"Wait!" Owen called out, an intuition hitting him suddenly. "You, boy, what's your name?" Luke glanced back uncertainly from climbing into the speeder, surprised at the question. Obi-Wan dropped his hand down to the boys shoulder blades, trying to hurry him along, but Luke was already answering.

"Luke Skywalker," he replied. Owen's jaw dropped and he gaped openly at the small boy standing uncertainly by the battered

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Luke - having all that revulsion focused on him and not having a clue as to why. Makes me want to smack Owen as well.

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_|

That mean old Owen! :( :(

I loved, though, how Obi-Wan comforted Luke, and his anger at Owen. And Owen's seeming remorse - I have hope for him, since after all he at least appeared to care for Luke in ANH.

Great post!

:D

6. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post. :)

Obi-Wan seems to be more of a father than a master to Luke. He's essentially cared for Luke his whole life. Even in the Temple, Luke wouldn't have become his padawan until he was at least nine, or so.

Yeah, Owen was a bit harsh on Luke there. However, I think it's more of fear than anything else. In ANH, he definitely cared about Luke. He was doing what he thought was best. He was simply motivated by the fear that Luke would follow Anakin's path. My guess is that he felt that if Luke never learned of his heritage, or his power, he would stay a farmer on Tatooine and would at least be safe from falling to the Dark Side.

7. Cate

Cate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    Owen had just been remebering his first meeting with Anakin and everything that came after it, seen his brother (hey, its an AU!) who he'd blame for a hangnail for the first time in ages, so he was already a bit on edge when he learnt who Luke was - especially as it was a Skywalker being trained by Obi-Wan - and so his reaction was a bit extreme. Also, in the real timeline Owen would have met Luke as a baby so his associations with Anakin and his prejudices wouldn't have been quite so severe then!

At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I love Obi-Wan/Luke stories - they never got as much time together as they should have in the trilogy. Does anyone here know where there are any more good stories like that? Especially Young Luke! I'd love to know!

The wind of his passing whipped his hair back, tugged at his clothes. The adrenaline raced through his system, urging him on to even grater heights. The roar of the turbines pounded at his ears, sensitised to the slightest change in the engines pitch. The walls of Beggars Canyon whipped past, excitement shot through his veins as bullets of Tusken Raiders 'pinged' off his pod. He narrowed his eyes behind the protective goggles and jammed the controls forwards, his pod leapt, shooting past one of the stragglers. He twisted, turning the pod this way and that, avoiding rocky outcroppings, tightly focused on the task at hand. As he turned his pod sideways, the force of the acceleration pressing him into his seat, he wanted to scream for the pure joy of being in his element. Of flying. Breath caught in his throat and he forced himself to breath as the lead pod came into view. The cheating scumbag that was the pilot was a mere speck. His eyes narrowed, his thoughts focusing down to a point - 'Not "this" time'

Then abruptly the scene changed.

A battle raged. Three figures turned and twisted in a deadly dance to the music of clashing lightasbers. One fell, turning in the air to land gracefully on a lower walkway to that on which the other two fought. A leap no human could manage, then a flash of light and red-lit walls slide into place, separating the opponents, the partners. A moment, silent, when it seems that time has frozen still, and everything that is, ever was, and ever will be holds it's breath in expectation. A snap-hiss of noise and time restarts with an explosion of action as one lunges upwards and blades meet with a clash and the dance resumes, even as one player in this drama is caught as a helpless spectator. Blades meet and part, and it seems now less of a dance, except maybe a dance of power as of old, the ancient battle against the Dark. One moment, one simple second so that a blink of an eye might miss it but on which all existence is balanced- the warrior falls and a cry of grief splits the air. The second warrior, released moments too late rushes upon the third- and now the dance is one of vengeance, and its powering force is grief. Lightsabers clash, solid light whirling and mingling as the younger warrior presses forward relentlessly, then the dark one is pinned, the other holds him down, sneer of victory marring his face- an invisible force pushes him backwards, and he is falling, hands reaching out desperately, helplessly... to grab a protruding piece of metal, and with a jar as that jolt shakes his body, the universe swings back into place for him. Even as the lightsaber tumbles end over end down the pit, sent by the dark warrior. A premonition of one of the many futures this moment may dictate. He cranes his neck back, to stare upwards into the face of the enemy. The face of a demon looks back, face patterned red and black, horns protruding from the skull. Mouth curled upwards in a sneer as hate-filled yellow eyes stare back and the blood-red lightsaber swings down and-

Luke Skywalker bolted upright, shaking. He struggled out of the twisted bed sheets; sweat all ready chilling him in the Tatooine night air. Trembling still, he pressed his hands hard against his forehead as if to force the memories of the nightmare from h

8. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post. :)

There was a real father/son feel to the relationship there. :)

I do think that sooner or later Luke is going to give pod-racing a try. Ben had better prepare himself. :)

If you want a fic where Luke/Ben have some scenes together, have you ever read "Negotiations With Destiny"? That's over at the Classic JC Fan Fiction Board. It's an AU set at the time of Endor. A huge vergeance in the Force brings Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and the rest of the Jedi Council back to life, as well as healing Anakin's old injuries. It's a really good fic.

9. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oooh, very lovely post! :D

I really like how you're presenting Obi-Wan's and Luke's relationship. And I find it interesting that even though Obi-Wan is, for all intent and purposes, acting as Luke's father, he's not . . . usurping that position, as illustrated by his telling Luke about Anakin.

I know I've seen a few Luke and Obi-Wan stories, but the only one I remember is the one I wrote out of frustration of not finding any. :p

Any - loved it!! :D

10. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.