main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master and Padawan relationships

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Neon Star, Oct 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I was just wondering if a Master and a Padawan could have a romantic relationship or is it forbiddened?

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I would think it would be forbidden at least during training -- it's a quasi-parental relationship, in which the master is responsible for the padawan. I'm sure that it would be technically forbidden at all ages, but (presuming the Jedi aren't a celibate order), there would be a real difference in the way it would be viewed depending on the age of the padawan (eg, a forty-year-old professor and a thirty-year-old grad student barely raise eyebrows, even though it's technically against the rules, but take the student down to fifteen, and there's an entirely different dynamic).

3. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, I was thinking some where around the Master being 23 and the Padawan around 16.

Thanks, JediGaladriel!

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi, Neon.

I'd have trouble buying it, simply because I'd have trouble believing that a 23-year-old would be considered mature enough to take on a Padawan. I mean, Obi-Wan was like 25, and the impression is that the Council don't really think he's ready (and they turn out to be right).

I've always believed (and this is just my own opinion) that after a Padawan becomes a Knight (early to mid 20s) he/she/it? knocks around the galaxy for a couple of years, getting some solo experience under his/her/its belt, and doesn't start to consider taking on an apprentice until early/mid 30s.

I'm with Jedi Galadriel. I have a feeling romance would be a "no-no" until the Padawan reached Knighthood. And 16 is DEFINITELY too young to be involved with a 23-year old!!!

(Now go finish those other stories before you start another one!!! :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.