main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Master Dooku//Padawan Qui-Gon: Because it's all so dramatic.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Charmisjess, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, I like that a lot better, but um

but he had never thought of Qui-Gon as much of a rebel.

Where the heck has Obi-Wan been?!

Dooku was not evil from the beginning, but he definitely wanted power, of his own desire. He was an idealist, and one needs power to shape those ideals. Qui-Gon, on the other hand, was content with the power he had as a Jedi to shape events. And Dooku does invite Obi-Wan to help him overthrow Sidious.

*sigh* Sure, now everyone will just ignore my questions. :p

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Nah we're not avoiding the question Athena in actuality (hope I'm not stepping to far ahead of you Master!) me and Layren (or should I say Layren and I? hehehe) were thinking of doing a duo on that take of Qui seeing Dooku killing. ;) She juz had some unpacking to do hehehehe

So nah, wesa not avoiding the issue ;) :D

And yep one has to have power to back up idealistic views sometimes. And yep Qui was quite content...

Speaking of which; I was asked at one time to whom would I choose between - Qui (older whether a Knight or Master) or a young Dooku (around 30s Knight and Master to Qui at the time) and I got stumped. Hrmmmmmm I know I'd want Dooku in a heartbeat... but...but...Qui and that hair...his voice...his eyes...his height and broadness... *sigh* [face_love] ::melts/faints::

But then you got Dooku's height, broadness and HIS voice! ::fans self:: And those eyes! [face_love] =P~ and I picture him having hair like the older Qui when he was a Knight/early Master. Soooo ummmm it's a hard decision!!! And I've yet to give a definite answer! :p hehehehehe

OK, OK I'm sorry... I know several of yas don't wanna hear that type of talk in this thread... but it's hard sometimes! hehehehe *snrk* I apologize well in advance for my slip and I'll attempt more control. *repeats the mantra over...and over...and over...and over*

3. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    how would it affect how Qui-Gon acts the first time Obi-Wan sees him kill?

That right there would be a most definite point; how would he do it? I know that in the heat of battle one doesn't have time to 'think' about the consequences until afterward when the time is allotted to evaluate what happened so one can learn from the experience.

As for what he would do...I can see Qui explaining what happened and pointing out the necessity of doing it. I can also see him not liking the fact that he had to kill period. Not juz in front of Obi but the fact of having to kill in general (I always believed) is not something Qui likes to do. And I think Obi would be able to pick up on that. I think Obi would be like somewhat unsettled at the act, but once Qui sat down/explained to him I think the kid would understand but still be somewhat unnerved cuz of actually witnessing someone's life ending in front of him.

What does Qui-Gon do differently or learn from whatever happened with his own Master?

I think that Qui would be more 'feeling' than what Dooku would have been. Dooku would have been more up front saying that it's necessary sometimes and eventually you'll get used to it. (which I do not believe Qui ever 'gets used to it') though maybe Dooku would not have been too harsh, but I see him being more up front about it and straight to the point than going into details and trying to reassure Qui about the deed. Though he might be a lil soft cuz Qui was taken under his tutelage when he was 11. Sooooo if Qui saw him kill when young then Dooku would have been more 'feeling' but if Qui had been older say 14 or 15...then I think he wouldn't have been as 'soft and reassuring' to Qui. I think it depends on the age.

Or does it just repeat?

No I believe that Qui would have been more supportive and more 'feely' about the situation than Dooku was to him.

Is that the way of all Master/Padawan relationships, or do they evolve?

No, I beleive they evolve differently. Some partnerships are not as close as Qui and Obi's and I bet that those types were not very common. Most are juz 'teacher/student' relationships. A few evolve to a 'parent/child' type.

And even though there is nothing out there that reveals how the relationship between Yoda and Dooku was... I'm stretching here by saying it was a slight more than juz 'teacher/student' relationship. Because in the few scenes that Dooku is mentioned and at the end with Yoda fighting him and that particular scene after Yoda saves Obi and Anakin from that big thing from falling on them...his expression... that poor old troll. It kills me... I do believe that he had more affection for Dooku than he lets on. Shoot maybe it was more onesided. Perhpas Dooku didn't feel much for the old troll, but I'm gandering that Yoda felt for Dooku.

OK... man that was a long'un. *Snrk* sorry if it was too long for yas hehehehe

4. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    No, that's fine length, though at the moment I'm a little low on concentration... not your fault though. I'll try to reply coherently.

Yes, I think Qui-Gon would deal with it better than just saying 'shrug it off, kid' so to speak. ;) He might even prepare ahead of time, talk to Obi-Wan about it before anything happened, knowing already it would happen and knowing he could prepare Obi-Wan for it. But yeah, Qui-Gon would never get used to killing. I can see that for many Jedi but especially Living Force Jedi. Also another reason I don't think Dooku could be Living Force, he would never go for a war and fighting. Qui-Gon would definitely behave differently with Obi-Wan. Hmm, but then he would already have practice, though I picture him trying to talk to Xanatos about it and Xanatos being all "yeah, yeah, whatever, Master" about it. Oh, and I see Yoda/Dooku having a very good relationship up until at least Dooku is knighted. Yoda always had affection for him, but once Dooku was free, his respect for his former Master may have melted away slowly until he lost it all and left.

Ok, that's all I can manage to pull together at the moment. As for the choosing, I wouldn't want to possess either of them, besides that they aren't mine to choose or have.

5. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*lightning flashes and thunder booms ominiously in the distance*

Hello! I'm back 'in' now, due to personal issues I've been away from the computer for this week, but I should be back now, lol, miss me?

Oooh, awesome discussions!!!

I may have to think about this and comment later, because I'm too frayed to pieces to put together a logical statement of my opinions on the aforementioned subjeccts, but, erm, I would like to say one thing....
    *coughDookiecouldatakenYodaanydaycough*

[face_batting]

6. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Jess! I'm so glad you're back! *hugs!* We missed you! Yes, jump in with your thoughts as soon as you're settled in and caught up!

Ok, I posted another Dooku-centric story, with some Qui-Gon too. Shadow of the Past

Well, this conversation seems to be going well, it seemed rather quiet the other day, I was going to stir it up with a new question, but we're ok for now, yes?

But as far as this conversation goes, how about Yoda and Dooku? How would Yoda have handled it? Might Dooku's introduction to killing have influenced his decisions later?

7. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    Erm, I'm as lost as Jess in this rapidly expanding thread... I'm just dropping in to shout:

I'VE FINISHED MY DOOKU-QUI FIC!

A Test of Faith

*coughs* Finally... took me a good two years. It was almost always a "fic-on-the-side", so the poor thing got neglected a lot. But it's dun-and-dusted now, and I'm rather happy with it. It's not perfect, but it's done, and that's the main thing! :D

I may join in later with discussion, peeps, if I find the time, but I'm kinda busy right now.

So, back to your regularly scheduled bantering, or what-not. ;)

8. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    yeesh, jurious, I didn't even start it yet, which is truly sad because it's been on my (untouched) list for a long, long time. [face_blush] Well, at least it's finished... yeah, good work, go you! And hope you find time to jump in here ;)

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Excellent ending too jurious!! Loved it! :D And most definitely welcome back Charmisjess :D

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    But yeah, Qui-Gon would never get used to killing. I can see that for many Jedi but especially Living Force Jedi. Also another reason I don't think Dooku could be Living Force, he would never go for a war and fighting.

I don't think Dooku ever does either. I think Dooku gets disillusioned and cynical about the Jedi... Jedi kill with impunity. That is just the facts. And sometimes they kill indiscriminately and with a certain degree of ... self-justification.

This is just my personal opinion but I think that having Yoda as a Master must have messed Dooku up big time. He was Different. He was an anachronism of sorts. And Yoda's own way of showing affection to his talented Padawan was to force him to fit the norm. We get the impression that there were very few Living Force Jedi left around TPM. If they were anything like Qui-Gon - impulsive, unconventional, I have a feeling that the ones who existed at the time were being 'moulded' to fit the clay of the dominant Unifying Force Jedi.

I'm really interested, not in Qui-Gon watching in Dooku's first kill but in Dooku's own first kill and his experience about it. I have a feeling that it was the beginning of a long series of disillusionments that he had with the Jedi Order. In fact, I might just go ahead and write that little tale myself. :D

Okay, I'm always going on and on about Marnie's fics so here's an excerpt from her story, Coming Home. :D It's based on the purposition that Yoda was Qui-Gon's first master but he rejected Qui-Gon supposedly for Qui-Gon's own good. This is the story of how Yoda tried to 'pair' up Qui-Gon and Dooku pretty much the same way he paired Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the JA series.

[color=navy]
    Excerpt from [b]Marnie[/b]'s [link=http://www.hrafn.btinternet.co.uk/StolenOnes/cominghome.html]Coming Home[/link]

Along a bond Dooku had not asked for - would certainly have struggled against had he known of it earlier - he could feel the boy's calm. It was flat - emotions squashed like a spider underfoot. If he was a tree now he was a tree in too small a pot, branches bound in wire, being slowly, torturously bent to some design that was not his own. Dooku remembered that feeling himself - remembered all the stages of anger and denial; the driven urgency with which he had tried to find even one other Jedi like himself; the despair and deception when he discovered there was none, and he was utterly alone.

Strength had returned to him, and with it a sense of defiance towards the whole Order. The boy was Yoda's Padawan, but he should not be. It was an injustice - a wrongness - and he existed to put such things right. "A man who can't break a rule at need is truly shackled."

The look of astonished gratitude settled things for him. He folded his stola and lay them neatly across his shoulders, buckled his belt over all. "Qui-Gon, I will stand by you. I will stand by you as my Padawan, if you will have it."

His training in observation stood him in good stead. Without it he might have missed the burst of heartfelt longing that blazed for an instant in the back of the boy's subtle eyes. He might have been convinced by the polite and weary smile that followed. Qui-Gon sat down on the adjacent bed, with a look of compassion he seemed to have learned from the soulhealers. "Knight Dooku," he said, but he couldn't hold Yan's eye as he spoke. His gaze was on his clasped hands. "You know I would have come for anyone. It's what the Force asked of me. You don't...I don't want to..." Now he looked up, certain, "You don't owe me anything."

"I am not offering out of debt, Padawan."

They must have been exactly the right words, because Qui-Gon gave a little gasp as if in pain and turned away. "You don't have to do this."

And Dooku felt rage, fierce and huge, for the boy's sake, and for the sake of the boy he himself had once been, in a Universe that had no space for those who saw things a little differently than the norm. He closed his eyes and breathed it down, letting the darkness and fire pass out of him like a dragon on

11. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey, thanks for reminding me what a sucky writer I am. No wait, I can write like that! *scribbles about for a moment, then holds up piece of crappy writing* oh well, I tried *tosses it*

Yes, I can see Dooku leaving because he's disillusioned with the Jedi, but once he's gone, then everything changes. The Jedi killed for their reasons, and I don't know what you're referring to by self-justification, but once Dooku is no longer a Jedi, what reason has he to kill? Yet he still does it. He has no hesitation about killing on Geonosis, he wants them all dead and isn't afraid to see it done. He started a war. He doesn't care what he has to do to get it done, whereas a Living Force (former)Jedi would definitely think twice about killing like that.

I see no reason to believe there aren't a good deal of Living Force Jedi around TPM time. I think Qui-Gon stands out because he is very strong in the Living Force, where others who aren't quite as much probably blend in more.

And yes, please write that if you like. I'm still not having any ideas for Dooku's first kill, go ahead.

12. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Hey, thanks for reminding me what a sucky writer I am. No wait, I can write like that! *scribbles about for a moment, then holds up piece of crappy writing* oh well, I tried *tosses it*

LOL!

He has no hesitation about killing on Geonosis, he wants them all dead and isn't afraid to see it done. He started a war. He doesn't care what he has to do to get it done, whereas a Living Force (former)Jedi would definitely think twice about killing like that.

Not really when you really read between the lines. Dooku didn't order Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin killed - they were found guilty of espionage and sentenced by Geonosian law. That was legal. He offered Obi-Wan a ticket out - by asking him to join him, certainly but he did not exactly rush at Obi-Wan lightsabre blazing to cut him down. The same for Padme and Anakin when they arrived on Geonosis. When the Jedi came to rescue the trio, it was Dooku who told Mace very, very pragmatically that they should not bother trying to fight a battle that they could not win. And it was Dooku who offered to seize fire - an offer that Mace turned down.

Perhaps he should not have ordered the droids attack the Jedi at all but that would mean he should have just handed himself over to the Jedi to be arrested. But would that have necessarily been a good thing? :confused: Remember in AotC, the lines between right and wrong are completely inverted. On Geonosis, the Jedi were fighting against a Sith Apprentice - yes. But they were also heading the CloneTroopers - Prototype I of the Imperial StormTroopers - an army that had been custom-made for the Sith Master himself. The Jedi were fighting a war for the Sith Master, whether they knew it or not...

Remember what happened in the hangar - the two Jedi rushed Dooku down and cornered him and Dooku blasted Anakin off with Dark lightning. He then told Obi-Wan to back off, he was clearly out of his league. :p Dooku was clearly making an effort to avoid having to kill either Obi-Wan or Anakin by his own hands. In many ways, I see that confrontation in the hangar as another one of the turning points in Dooku's life. One more nail into the coffin that drew him even deeper to the Dark Side. That Dooku was always some foaming at the mouth, bloodthirsty demon child is not something that I subscribe to. And there's nothing in the movies to give credence to that either.

I see no reason to believe there aren't a good deal of Living Force Jedi around TPM time. I think Qui-Gon stands out because he is very strong in the Living Force, where others who aren't quite as much probably blend in more.

It's something that Lucas himself said about TPM: Living Force Jedi were very much an endangered species around the begining of the end of the Republic. Qui-Gon was an oddity. So was Dooku.

13. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, he certainly seemed to be enjoying it. And he seemed very gung-ho to kill Obi-Wan if Anakin hadn't interfered. Hey, we don't know whom the clonetroopers were for, that little issue has yet to be resolved yet, aye. Of course he would not be expected to hand himself over for arrest, but why was he being arrested in the first place? Because he started a lethal war! Dooku was already deep in the Darkside by the hangar time. He was just trying to get away as quickly as he could, he didn't care about letting them leave, except perhaps knowing Obi-Wan was his Padawan's Padawan and Anakin was the Chosen One.

he did not exactly rush at Obi-Wan lightsabre blazing to cut him down

Yes, he did, more or less.

And if Lucas doesn't put it in the movies, it's kinda hard to know it. And how does he explain that? I still like my explanation, lol, but of course.

14. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Well, he certainly seemed to be enjoying it. And he seemed very gung-ho to kill Obi-Wan if Anakin hadn't interfered.

Yes, I think then he had already been pushed too far. But remember, he did not want that fight - it was Obi-Wan that literally asked for it.

Hey, we don't know whom the clonetroopers were for, that little issue has yet to be resolved yet, aye.

Emmm. it has. :p The clonetroopers are the future stormtroopers. Check out starwars.com. ;)

Of course he would not be expected to hand himself over for arrest, but why was he being arrested in the first place? Because he started a lethal war!

The war did not start until the Jedi army arrived on Geonosis to forcefully 'rescue' two of their own and a Galactic Senator who had landed on a non-Republic planet and were guilty of espionage. Legally speaking Dooku was helping the Geonosians defend their right of independence from the Republic. Even then, the 'battle' would have ended with the eventual capture and release of the Jedi if good ol' Yoda hadn't flown down the calvary - Sith-spun clonetroops! :p The Jedi started the war, and not the other way around.

Dooku was already deep in the Darkside by the hangar time. He was just trying to get away as quickly as he could, he didn't care about letting them leave, except perhaps knowing Obi-Wan was his Padawan's Padawan and Anakin was the Chosen One.

Dooku wanted to leave. He did not care about killing them until they tried to stop him. Watch AotC again.

"As you can see my Jedi powers far outmatch yours. Now back down."

"I don't think so."

Emm... who is the antangonist there? ;)

He did not exactly rush at Obi-Wan lightsabre blazing to cut him down

Yes, he did, more or less.

I was referring to the fact that when Obi-Wan was arrested, Dooku took no personal interest or desire to have him killed. He was more interested in killing Padme and fulfilling his side of his bargain with Nute Gunray. What happened in the battle in the hangar was more or less 2 grown men rushing at each other with lightsabres blazing. ;)

And if Lucas doesn't put it in the movies, it's kinda hard to know it. And how does he explain that? I still like my explanation, lol, but of course.

Well, he didn't put the lava pit in the O. T. either but that's been GFFA gospel for over 20 years, hasn't it? :p Sure we all have our personal interpretations when it comes to fan dom, but GL being the creator of the whole saga, I daresay he has a teeny-weeny more insight than we do into what makes Star Wars tick. :p

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Not really when you really read between the lines. Dooku didn't order Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin killed - they were found guilty of espionage and sentenced by Geonosian law. That was legal. He offered Obi-Wan a ticket out - by asking him to join him.

That part is true... folks aren't welcomed on Geonosis, and Obi had been followed back to his ship supposedly, they caught him in the act of 'spying' and it is illegal on Geonosis to do that.

When the Jedi came to rescue the trio, it was Dooku who told Mace very, very pragmatically that they should not bother trying to fight a battle that they could not win. And it was Dooku who offered to seize fire - an offer that Mace turned down.

Hehehe that part always cracks me up too. They portray Dooku (the Jedi later on) as a blood thirsty killer. Well who was the ones that came in all blazing and fighting? Who 'invaded' Geonosis? Not Dooku but the Jedi and their clone soldiers.

And that will continue to crack me up. hehehehe 'We are not solders but keepers of the peace.' or however he said it. I know Yoda was the one that brought the clones.. but still the irony of the situation fell right into Palpatine's hands even better than he could have planned.

And no I am not nocking the fact that Mace and Yoda rescued the 3, but the three did break the law even if it was Geonosian law.

16. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Ditto Kyn. :) That's the beauty of AotC, I think. Everything is so not black and white. This was not a movie about the good guys vs. the bad guys. The ultimate evil was Palpatine but what about the Jedi peacemaker-turned-soldiers, or the clone army that 'rescued' Obi-Wan/Ani/Padme. Then there's 'Evil' Dooku who more or less started the Rebellion! After all what began as the Seperatist vs. the Republic in the PT evolved into the Alliance vs. the Empire in the OT! :eek:

A lot of critics rag GL about the bubblegum popness of his films but if they only looked closer, they'd realize that these movies are deep with a capital D. :)

17. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Ugh, you guys, I don't even know what we're talking about any more. I wasn't ever trying to say that Dooku is some whatever, maniacal killer, only saying he has bad intentions! Come on, you call trying to get away with plans to the Death Star not provoking a fight? As for being common knowledge for 20 years, no, it hasn't, I still barely know anything about it. I didn't say he wanted to kill Obi-Wan and Anakin, only that he had no qualms about doing so if they attacked him. The Jedi may have started the war in act only, the Separatists were already preparing to fight and Dooku was very much encouraging that. Like I said, he wasn't worried about a war starting, regardless of which side started it. Spying usually is illegal, I imagine, but so is sentencing someone to death without a proper trial, so the Jedi were perhaps someone within their right to intervene. And if the Geonosians want to split from the Republic to allow such lawlessness to proceed, perhaps it's not such a bad idea to fight to keep them in the Republic.

The Point is, Dooku had no reservations about killing. At least, I think that was it. Keep it about Dooku, and Qui-Gon.

18. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Actually Leia, George Lucas himself has said on numerous occasions that he wanted the star wars films to be exactly that. the saturday matinee type movies he used to see as a kid. Which I think is part of the reason he doesn't know as many of the intriciate details as we do about his EU. It's not meant to be that type of universe perhaps .. Just some food for thought .

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    My pardon M'Lady Athena if you assumed I thought you were implying him to be a killer, I was juz stating that lots of folks do. ;) I knew you were pointing out that he had his bad intentions. *Nod* and he did.

And I apologize for getting off the topic I have a bad tenacy to go into heavy discusion about things when I reply to ideas and questions. Ack... does this mean I'm a Idealist? :eek: oh no... *snrk* Not that it wouldn't bother me all that much ;) I've been called worse by my old Eng teachers back in Junior High and High school (man... that's like over a decade ago... jeez how old I'm getting) I was dubbed 'Pessimistic Philosopher' so I've been called worse I guess hehehehe.

Ack there I go rambling again... def can tell I'm tired... hehehehe where's those cookies again???

20. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Ah, that's ok, Kyn, I didn't really think you were, I was just trying to clearly set my position on that. Lol, pessimistic philosopher? It sort of has a ring to it, lol, interesting. Silly English teachers.

Cookies?! Qui-Gon, fetch the new batch! I don't care if you're in the middle of your game, pause it and get the cookies while they're still warm! Or you don't get any! That's more like it!

21. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Ugh, you guys, I don't even know what we're talking about any more.

Well, we are talking about Dooku. :p As for going off the topic, this is a Dooku Characterization thread. :eek: If we don't know enough about what makes the man tick, how can we write realistic stories about him? The whole point of this thread is to get a more three-dimensional idea of Dooku's character - to get a perception other than the born-to-be-bad, incorrigible Sith-spawn that fan boys prefer. That is the only way we can then make quality stories about the character. One of the things Marnie once told me was how she was 'sold' about the connection between Dooku and Qui-Gon merely by the way both men fought - identically. Let's try and scratch the surface a bit more...

I didn't say he wanted to kill Obi-Wan and Anakin, only that he had no qualms about doing so if they attacked him.
    The Point is, Dooku had no reservations about killing.

Nor did Obi-Wan have qualms killing Jango Fett. Nor does any Jedi as a matter of fact. Dooku isn't particularly unusual in that regard. ;)

The Jedi may have started the war in act only, the Separatists were already preparing to fight and Dooku was very much encouraging that. Like I said, he wasn't worried about a war starting, regardless of which side started it.

We don't really know that. We know Sidious wanted a war started and it certainly seemed that in the end, Dooku was merely carrying out his orders... But we also know that Dooku wanted an ally against Sidious so there must have been a lot of things in his Master's plan that he probably intended to thwart.

Layren: Actually Leia, George Lucas himself has said on numerous occasions that he wanted the star wars films to be exactly that. the saturday matinee type movies he used to see as a kid. Which I think is part of the reason he doesn't know as many of the intriciate details as we do about his EU. It's not meant to be that type of universe perhaps .. Just some food for thought .

And he also takes a lot of inspiration from Joseph Campbell's philosophical books and Eastern religion and added them into his story - the Chosen One, the duality of Anakin/Vader, the whole philosphy of the Jedi Order... Sure GL wanted to make a light film that kids could enjoy, but he also made a film with a very deep message. Just some food for thought. :p

22. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Can I add something before the thread again runs away from me? I've just received a copy of the latest Star Wars magazine (UK) and in it, there's an article on the "Jedi" series of comics, and Jan Duursema, an artist who worked on the comics, including the one titled about Dooku (featuring the fall of Quinlan Vos), says this interesting thing about the Count and the dark side:

"I think it's possible for someone to be so unredeemable and so tainted by the dark side that they can never come back to the light. [Darth] Sidious could never come back. The dark side corrupted him beyond redemption. It's my feeling that Dooku does not consider himself to be evil. Disillusioned with what he saw in the Republic, he took another path: the wrong path. I think Dooku could come back from the dark side because it's his ideals that tempted him there. And Quin, like Dooku, has taken the wrong path for all the right reasons."

I like what he said. It fits somewhat with my interpretation of the Count to think that he took the wrong path but for the right reasons - which, let's face it, he did.

Ostrander, the writer of the comics, also adds this interesting point:

"We might ask ourselves, What is wrong with wanting the power to do good, to make things better? I think that's the trap. First, you seek power, and that act of seeking power may be what corrupts. To turn away from that, you would have to change your mind about it. I can see that as being very, very tough to do."

Sorry if I've interupted the flow again, but are these interesting points for discussion, or what? I don't know where to begin, so someone help me out. ;)

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh no you brought up excellent points there! I was actually trying to find that one about what he said about Dooku and Vos. EXCELLENT! Glad you found it :D :D

I totally agree to, Sidious was evil prob from the getgo or totally wanted power for all the 'wrong' reasons, while Dooku and Vos are wanting it for the 'right' reasons.

Thanks for posting that! I can now put up all those stuffles I had out a looking for it hehehehe I couldn't remember where exactly I read that in.

edit: "We might ask ourselves, What is wrong with wanting the power to do good, to make things better? I think that's the trap. First, you seek power, and that act of seeking power may be what corrupts. To turn away from that, you would have to change your mind about it. I can see that as being very, very tough to do."

I agree whole heartedly. It is a trap and anybody can easily fall into its grasp. In the end it will corrupt folks, if one utilizes it to much.

I so wish they could play it through and see if Dooku turned back to the light... but of course we'll prob not see that. Same for Vos... the upcoming comics sound awesome!!! I've been following them closely hehehe of course with Vos ;) and especially with Dooku [face_love] hehehe :D

24. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    I don't really follow the comics - one of my generous SW penpals just got me a copy of the 'Dooku' one as a part of my last Christmas present. I love it for the art more than anything else, seeing as most of these on-going EU storylines go right over my head (I don't follow EU chars or tales, so Vos was new to me until I read that comic). It was an interesting little piece, though.

I think, also, that it can be said that Qui-Gon often did what many thought to be the 'wrong' thing but always for the 'right' reason. He definitely picked up some character traits from his mentor. :D

(NB: OT, but, if I remember rightly, the Toonami channel are showing all 20 Clone Wars episodes in a row tomorrow at 10am and 7pm. I hope I can catch them coz I missed a few last time round... There's some top Dooku action in there. That's UK only.)

25. VarukaRainbowsun

VarukaRainbowsun Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    Wow, this thread started out slow, but it's really become prolific.

Well, does anyone here know of any fan fic that deals with Dooku turning back to the light after he has joined Sidious? I don't think I've seen any, and that would be very interesting.

Also, I seem to remember awhile back that people were asking for Qui/Dooku plot bunnies. I've got one. It'a an AU where Dooku decides to leave the jedi while Qui Gon is still his padawan. He asks him to leave the order with him, but Qui Gon feels that the force needs him to stay with the Jedi. Dooku has not shown any signs of darkness, and seems to be making a fairly civil break with the jedi, but when Qui Gon won't go with him, Dooku poisons him, not wanting to leave him to by trained by the order he sees as corupt, and dissapears frome the temple. Yoda, who I imagine has always had an interest in Qui Gon, goes to counsel Qui Gon about his master leaving the jedi, and finds him just in time to save his life.

When Qui Gon recovers he has to deal with the fact that his master tried to kill him. Also, the poison has caused permenant phisical damage to him, generaly weakening him, handcaping him in some other way, or maybe even lowering his medichlorian count. All the healers say that the only thing left for Qui Gon to do is go to work in the archives or something, but being the stubburn optomistic person he is, Qui Gon goes into the agricorps instead, and with a lot of hard work, succeads at that. I like to believe that agricorps jedi are still jedi, and while it's not as hard as being a knight, it's still psychicly and phisicaly demanding. Anyway, Qui Gon eventualy meets up with Dooku again on one of the planets he's farming.

Yes, I know the discription is so long I should just figure out how it ends and write it myself, but here it is anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.