main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Master Exeter

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Master Exeter, my tried and true Jedi kitty had surgery today to take care of some bad teeth. Those that know Exeter are used to seeing him as a neurotic little cat that can give Vader a run for his money when it comes to heavy breathing.

He has had some tooth problems for a few weeks but since he does not handle traveling well I had put off taking him to the Vet as long as possible. Last week however we finally went and Exeter lived up to his reputation as a fighter. They were only able to get a weight and take a quick look at his teeth before he attempted to remove digits. It was confirmed that he would need to have some teeth removed and others cleaned.

This morning Exeter went in and a few minutes ago I spoke to the Doctor who told me that Exeter had to have all of his teeth removed (I wonder how much kitty dentures cost?)[face_thinking] but he did well during surgery although his breathing had given them cause for concern. However, the Doctor noticed that some of the bone in his lower jaw was "soft" but hopes that it may be due to the infection from the teeth. A little more than a year ago I lost Scooter to cancer which was discovered during the removal of teeth. I was warned today that Exeter will have to be watched as "soft" bones can be a sign of cancer.

So, at this point I know only that I will pick Exeter up this afternoon and hope. All positive thoughts and energies are encouraged.

2. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    i'm sure it's just from the bad teeth - that can happen quite easily. how is he going to eat though??

3. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    One word. Puree. Or is that PURR-ee!? Gee, I crack myself up...

The Parrot

4. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Update on Exeter.

Sid'ious gets a Day-at-the-Spa treatment and Exeter is accused of having a Napoleon complex. Yesterday when I went to pick up Exeter I found out that while most cats would still be groggy he was very much awake and as the tech's were removing the IV he tried to bite them. Of course he no longer has any teeth but they were still cautious.

He goes back next week for a re-check and to hopefully see that the jaw bones are not as soft. The Doctor was reassuring yesterday that Exeter will be fine but I still worry. I keep having images of Scooter.

Meanwhile, Exeter will not let me get too close because I am the one that keeps giving him meds and tonight he spotted a strange cat in the backyard and wanted to go outside to put it out of the backyard. The Doctor told me yesterday that he was "feisty" and had the Napoleon thing going because he is small.

Perhaps I should think about recruiting him for the Sith.

Oh, and he is to eat soft food. You know, Purr-ree;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.