main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Master Filmmaking Team announced! JJ now writing the script

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Fair enough. I heard the cries of my people:
    :p

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Touché. :)

So, how about that Master Filmmaking Team?
    Has anyone seen Regarding Henry? JJ was the main writer on that movie, and I found it enjoyable and emotionally resonant.

3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Nope... it's you who holds the audience "in contempt" by ignoring the fact that the prequels are popular. I only deride those who are so dogmatic in their approach as to write off literally millions of other viewers.

Disney and Lucasfilm will of course do everything in their power to make the new films as 'big' as possible, but they'll do that by examining the elements that made all existing 6 films popular... be it in terms of production and marketing. Jar Jar is as UNLIKELY to return as the Ewoks... just as backflipping Sith and virtual environments/creatures are as LIKELY to feature as the Millennium Falcon and sardonic pirates. They are not going to exclude the audience brought into Star Wars through the prequels just to cater for an audience of OT enthusiasts - who'd go and see a new Star Wars film regardles... If anything, they'll want the ST to have the same appeal as Iron Man, The Avengers, Pacific Rim etc. which, in terms of technical application, are probably closer to the PT than OT.

And do you seriously think George Lucas sold Lucasfilm because he'd bankcrupted his business with the prequels? Seriously???

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This thread is taking a dramatic pause so you can all think about what you've done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.