main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Master Filmmaking Team announced! JJ now writing the script

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. With all of this underway they can't be throwing out the entire script and starting from scratch. I'll say it again I'm sure Kasdan and Abrams have simply taken over the rewriting process and everything is still on schedule. This isn't doomsday. :p

Darkslayer, Bob Octa, Granger and 7 others like this.
  2. Erevador

Erevador Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 10, 2013
    I've gotta say, my biggest issue with the new Star Trek movies, which I loved, was some of the dialogue which could veer into cheesy and obvious. That's where Kasdan's talent really comes in, he's a master of dialogue. Knowing he's writing the script with Abrams really suggests to me that we can look forward to a Star Wars film with some of the same brilliant, witty, and natural dialogue that made Empire so excellent.

Mystery_Roach and Vastor like this.
  3. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    ONCE AGAIN, WHERE DOES THE ARTICLE SAY "TOTAL REWRITE"?

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, this isn't good news folks. I am very weary of Abrams doing a complete rewrite of the script, even with Kasdan supervision. I think this may be turning into too many cooks in the kitchen...

Compiled with an obvious shooting pushback, there is probably some serious issues afoot.

Skywalker Thing and Immortiss like this.
  5. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Not that we weren't going to ever find this out, but I have a feeling that we, and everyone questioning the lack of news on the internet, caused this to be released today.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012

We don't know. Sounds like more than a polish though, but I can't quite see it being a page one re-write (a complete re-write) at this late stage.

Doesn't have to be too major ( in terms of seismic shifts of character and story). I would be worried if the Horsemen were riding in. Kasdan I think is good enough to be able to channel the changes JJ wants.

7. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Also, am I missing something about the release date? The LFL press release says "2015 release". I didn't see anything about a month.

Darkslayer and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  8. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

Keep in mind sometimes the only way to detect something like that is to read in between the lines. That's not to say they are doing a complete rewrite but if they were they wouldn't come out and say it. They'd be throwing Arnt under the bus and it could have even more damning impacts to his career.

9. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought that Supershadow had already completed the script?

Confused... :confused:

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, I don't mean to be "doom and gloom". But this is turning out to be a mess...

11. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    It just a hold over date. In other words it could be 2015 or it could be 2016. If they had a firm date. It would have been in the release.

12. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    It's a "wash" for me. I was neutral on Arndt. I fear Abrams writing. But I'm ok with Kasdan. I wish George could come out of retirement and just write them. Even Lucas haters agree his stories are fine, they just don't care for his directing or production.

Darkslayer and Vastor like this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Who can say? That's not something we were ever promised, anyway. Maybe it signals a switch to a male lead. Maybe a switch from a male to a female. Maybe it has nothing to do with that at all.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  14. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    To me, it seems like people just assume too much that Arndt didn't write a good script is why they have this news! I think they are just polishing the script that Arndt wrote up, nothing worse than that.

15. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Oh and you were there? Come on people. This kind of stuff happens all the time in Hollywood. People are taking little bits of info and running to the normally "negative" side of it. Get over that kind of crap. Kasdan is writing a re-write of the script. I'd rather them be wanting to get the perfect script, rather than just getting it out the door.

16. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Having a script rewriten a year later is never a good thing. Ask people in Hollywood. They tell you the same thing. It a sign of problems in production.

17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hmm...I don't know what to do with this. :confused: What I don't get is, why? Is it because this thing is taking too darn long to finish writing?

18. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    With J.J. Abrams now working directly on the script this movie is now officially going to suck.

With him only directing, there was a miniscule chance it could be good. But not anymore.

Seriously.

That's it.

I'm out.

I'm done.

I'll stick with Episodes 1-6 thanks.

Darth Bradius and phatdude1138 like this.
  19. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
  20. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    The thing with rewrites are that usually the main screenwriter stays onboard with the collaboration and gets approval. Ardnt seems to be walking away which could mean creative differences. I'm beginning to suspect that Abrams was not the guy to bring on this project.

You better all cross your fingers that his "writing buddies" don't show up. When that happens episode 7 will just be another hollow summer film.

21. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

No it's not. Empire Strikes back was a complete re-write lol. Many scripts have had it done. But go ahead, doom and gloom based off of this.

22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Things like being intent on killing Han and not wanting a happy ending. He thought it should be more like The Godfather. Look I love The Godfather, but Star Wars is a very different animal.

23. TheStorm

Apr 8, 2002

Sorry where did your read this? And oh....where did you read the part where it said "Kasdan and JJ are writing" not his "buddies?

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Seven Words........... I have a bad feeling about this.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  25. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.