main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Master Filmmaking Team announced! JJ now writing the script

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well as long as the script is good, I get my female lead, and there is tons of slashy moments that will make my heart explode, then I shall be satisfied. Dont fail me JJ Abrams! You made Spirk cool again I'm sure you can make a fangirl like me happy! :D

Now it makes ya wonder....what does this mean for that casting call? Are they from Arndts script (and will thus probably be irrevelant) or are they from Abrams script? Or is it just from the outline in general? I mean I would HATE it if this news means they have to start all over again with casting.

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    If the delay rumors are true, does that mean LFL will delay Celebration and refund everyone and help with Hotel refunds?

LOL yea right.

Dewback likes this.
  3. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    He could possibly mean this:

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  4. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I don't think it's a bad news from a storyline point of view......I was never a fan of Arndt........but it's a bad news from a production point of view.

I've been saying for a year now that "How many months it takes to crack a script like SW, it's not as if it was Tolstoy's War and Peace"

The production has been troubled for a few months now...and it's never good......maybe that's why Ford is never clear in his interviews....he might not even know if Solo is in the movie !

5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Only way to get 100% of George's vision was to have him direct it. But of course that's impossible. Michael Arndt writing though gave me a sliver of hope because from hearing interviews from him it did sound like he knew what made Star Wars Star Wars.

But with J.J. writing, the dream is dead. Because if Star Trek is his idea of Star Wars, Episode VII is going to be bad. :(

6. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I know! I have $4,000 in hotel reservations alone!

7. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Based on this. We might not even get a female lead. Who knows what the story is now..

http://badassdigest.com/2013/10/24/arndt-off-star-wars-vii-kasdan-and-abrams-are-the-new-writers/

8. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Wow, that is a great crew! And we finally have news! It's awesome to see talented people like Kasdan and Ben Burtt returning. I can't wait until filming starts. I wonder if we still have the same casting call list.

9. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I do have to agree with this with Devin.

10. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    But we already knew about Kasdans involvement. There is no need to assume that this involves any change of direction at all. We knew Arndt wrote a 50-page trilogy treatment, we heard about Kasdan, but not what he was doing, now we know, and JJ wouldn't just shoot whatever's handed to him.

And 'Summer 2015' was reiterated only days ago by people who guaranteedly knew this bunch of stuff before they put it on the official site.

Apophis_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well....it COULD just mean different character personalities/backgrounds/ect but the genders are the same. IDK....I want to cling to hope there is still a female lead :(

12. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Celebration can still happen with a December release....I don't see the problem with that....Celebration happened this year with no movies in sight.

13. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    His dialogue runs the gamut from bad to terrific, but otherwise I agree. I am a big fan of Arndt though.

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    So... basically we're still on schedule. After Cinderella and Ex Machina are done at Pinewood, the Star Wars crew will move in and start construction on the Falcon, dwellings, and other key sets so that Episode 7 can begin filming in early next year.

Lucas and Arndt brought them to the point where they can cast characters, design costumes, and scout locations for the essential scenes.

Things are picking up.

Now I'm just wondering if they'll announce the big three soon or wait until Harrison is done selling Enders Game and Anchorman 2. No need to bombard him so soon.

15. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I have been a great optimist about this movie. I have thought this could go down as one of the top 3 SW movies made to date.

But this production news is not good. Delays in production almost always mean the product suffers. I am not turning to pessimism, but I will admit this is my first legitimate concern about the film.

16. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I don't know where the hell people get the bad ideas (Ardnt script must sucked, or there are creative differences, or the whole story completely changes) from a simple StarWars.com article that does NOT indicate any of these such things... HUH??? Are you people psychics or something? :rolleyes:

I am really at a loss here where these doom theories come from all the sudden!? :confused:

RELAX!!! Be positive, Jesus!!!

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  17. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002

But if they would not have re-written it you may get a massive hunk of junk. There clearly was concerns for it. I'd rather them make sure it's the best story rather than doing what is quickest. Part of me think now that he's kinda...going away from what Lucas originally wanted with Ardnt.

18. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Or maybe they're taking the time to improve it.

19. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012

No thanks. his ideas are good. I don't want him anywhere near the actual writing again.

All new characters doesn't mean no Solos or Skywalkers. There's no way we'll get a sequel Trilogy without them.

20. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    If Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci come anywhere near this project, there is no way I am seeing these movies. Ever. For as long as I live. Bad enough they ruined Star Trek. If they're brought in to ruin Star Wars too, I don't know what I'll do. Massive letter writing campaign? Those hardly work but I'm not sure what else I would do. *shrug*

21. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I understand the concept of taking time to improve it, but if you've followed the history of film making, most flops have had stumbles like this. I'm not saying this will be the case for Ep. VII, but being this far along before the script is tweaked and not delaying the release isn't something to be excited about.

22. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Crazy rumor mongering and speculation prior to November 7th will come back to haunt you.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Btw, this movie is going to be delayed to 2016...book it..

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  24. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Seems like they are tweaking the script, not a full re-write. It always happens.

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

From the director of Star Trek and the writer of Empire Strikes Back* is how you should look at it.

Diggs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.