main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Master I Am (Yoda 796 BBY - Yoda becomes a Master, befriends the wookies PG ACTION) Complete Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Caledre, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caledre

Caledre Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    MASTER I AM by Caledre

DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and Yoda are George Lucas' babies. I'm just sitting.

SUMMARY: Yoda and his master are dispatched to investigate a dark side threat above Kashyyyk. My take on how Yoda became a Master, and how he gained the friendship of the wookies.

796 BBY

The starlines shrunk abruptly and shifted into the familiar pinholes of star clusters as the fleet of Dreadnoughts emerged from hyperspace at the edge of the system. Admiral Dillerz blinked back the brief, familiar feeling of vertigo and shifted in her command chair to call over her shoulder;

?Situation??

The Duros crewman looked up from his instruments, red eyes unreadable, thin lips parted.

?Brigand fleet behind the second moon, Admiral.?

That?s it then, thought Dillerz.

?Battle stations.?

The Givin made a noise beside her as the ship?s alert klaxons sounded and the internal lights flashed an alarming red. Dillerz turned to regard him. Even though the Givin Jedi had been aboard ship since the beginning of the mission, the sight of him still managed to instill her with unease. She avoided his black eyes, deep set within their mournful sockets. His skull like face betrayed no emotion save for perpetual grief, yet his oddly proportioned limbs, always akimbo as if he were squatting under some unperceived weight, gave him a distorted appearance. His bony face made him seem as if the posture of his own body pained him.

?You disagree, Filbur??

?A major engagement will end badly for you at this juncture, Admiral,? the mealy mouthed Jedi intoned. He even sounded pitiful. ?I have already calculated the odds based upon the intelligence we have on Commodore Jegger?s armada. Factoring in what we know his weapons are capable of with the numerical superiority of his snubfighter contingent and the inexperience of your pilots despite their advanced ships, the odds of your fleet emerging victorious from a direct assault is precisely 976.05 to one.?

Dellerz arched one blonde eyebrow.

?Precisely??

?Only droids deal in approximations, Admiral.?

Not Givin. Their very society was mathematically based; even a youngling among them capable of instinctively and accurately plotting astrogational computations it would take the standard navicomputer a few moments to plan in little more than an instant. She didn?t doubt Filbor?s calculations for a second.

?What do you suggest??

?Let us Jedi even your odds.?

The Jedi Knight called Yoda hovered a meter off the deck plating on a tingling cushion of Force, chin barely touching the dim beige life support panel strapped to his chest. His eyes were closed, and it seemed as if the star system played out upon the inside of his eyelids.

Through the force, things you will see. Other places.

Though he was far removed from the command bridge with its panoramic view of the system, he could see the green planet of Kashyyyk suspended in space, with the light of its sun lending a purple outline to its eastern hemisphere, and backlighting the three diminutive moons that circled in slow orbit. Beyond that, as if the third moon were transparent, he could see the pirate armada gathered.

From the Force, nothing is hidden.

Concentrating on the armada (he did not count the ships ? his fellow Jedi Filbur Klee had surely already numbered the capital ships and their fighter compliments), Yoda was able to bring its phantom image into focus as if peering through a finely tuned macroscope. He could see brigands scrambling away from half eaten meals, hear the reverberating pulse of their shipboard alarms and the bark of their chiefs over the comms, calling them to action. Moving through the ships, he could feel the tension of beings preparing to kill and be killed spreading through the decks. The Jeggers were indeed surprised by the arrival of the fleet, but Yoda knew it would be a few moments only before their fear and surprise gave way to swagger and contempt. Yoda did not have the ability t

2. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Wow! That is simply spectacular. Such great characterization, descriptiveness, and drama. Your skills are impressive...most impressive.

I'd list my favorite parts, but there's just too many. This was really well done from beginning to end.

I think that we can expect great things from you.

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
    (For what it's worth, you're only the second person to receive my 5-star applause)

3. Caledre

Caledre Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey thanks for the line of smileys, Bale! I wasn't getting any hits on my all-OC piece, so I thought maybe I ought to do something with a major character in the title. I really appreciate the feedback. I was a little nervous about doing Yoda...I decided he wouldn't think in that unique speech pattern he has <shrug>. When I decided that it went a little quicker. :) Watch the boards! More to come!

4. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    =D= Bravo! Another great piece form you Caledre!

Wookiees & Yoda; two things I love that go great together...
    (it's like milk & Pepsi, but different)

?And don?t wear the same question like a garment every day, or the holes will become offensive."

-What a great line! =D=

5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    An unexpected treat for someone browsing the Before the Saga forums. This was wonderful! =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.