main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Master May I" Last post, COMPLETED *8/19*Q/O H/C JA young Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    *******?Master May I??**********

Yes!!! George was wrong. The boys do get to have a life while they are a Jedi. FF writers give them one. But we also know they are not ours, we just ?borrow? them.

This is the third story in a series of stories of Obi becoming a knight. At this stage it is not necessary to have read the other two.

Q/O JA timeframe. Obi is 11 and just starting to learn how to be a Jedi. He and Jinn share the strongest kind of bond between a master and an apprentice a * Soul Bond*. Obi was not previously trained in the temple. He was not raised in the crèche. After being the staunch strict master, Jinn has suddenly turned to jelly and Obi hasn?t been acting his loving perfect self either!!

Yea, leave it to Master Qui-Gon to goof up again.

[I think he wouldn?t have this problem with FF writers had he not given Obi up to train ?Ani?. That right there showed his stupidity. It is just so much fun to continue it.]

Obi sat at his desk in his room and looked at the perfect score on his astrophysics class.

Things had been going well for him. The only thing he did not care for was being grounded at the temple.

Besides the council feeling he needed time to heal, Master Jinn felt he should stay and study and learn the ways of the temple.

Obi had not been happy about it although he knew his master was right.

He had made a few friends and had kept most of Bruck?s friends as his archenemies, but they never dared to say anything to him.

He listened intently for the door to the apartment to open. He had felt his masters? arrival.

Jinn along with Master Yoda entered the apartment.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi get in here right now!!?

Boy it didn?t take master long to find something I have done wrong. again!!

Try as he may Obi was an absent- minded child who quite often forgot to put things away.

Jinn on the other hand, was an immaculate person. He believed there was a place for everything and everything should stay in its place always.

?Imp!! I certainly don?t begrudge you making yourself a sandwich, but look at the mess you have left.?

Obi peered into the kitchen. It did not look too bad to him.

?What master? The bread is out, but I might need it later. Well O.K. the counter might need wiped off a little.?

?A little you say? You could feed an army of ants on that counter Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

I wish he would quit using my entire name. It scares me when he does that.

? I might scare you a lot more young man. You may find yourself in a corner. Better practice your shielding, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The master said it more as a joke as he included his entire name. He had no intention of putting the child in the corner and got the feeling that Obi knew that. Well, that is unless he got more negative feedback from Obi?s thoughts than he had.

Each day was a pleasure with Obi-Wan around. He certainly never had a boring day. Obi kept him on his toes.

There were always wet towels on the fresher floor, spilled juice of the table, cap off the toothpaste and clothes strewn everywhere in their apartment.

Jinn knew he would have to get tougher on Obi?s hygiene of their apartment.

Before Jinn could start on the other things he had found out of place, Obi pushed his test paper in Jinn?s face.

Jinn?s heart melted at that point and Obi knew he had him back in ? hip- pocket.?

This state of spoiling Obi had not gone unnoticed by the ? wise one.?

Yoda had noticed that Jinn let Obi get away with his sloppiness as well as other things. Yoda felt he should say nothing, UNLESS Obi?s actions were carried over into something outside of their apartment. Yoda knew Master Jinn was just trying to make amends for the way he had previously treated Obi. He just hoped that Obi taking advantage of Master Jinn would settle down, or that Master Jinn would tire of Obi ignoring him and actually impose some rules on the child.

C

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I liked it a lot, ewen! Qui always does tend to overdo things, doesn't he...

This was very good.

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Excellent, ewen!

Qui-Gon really needs to get that balance between father and master... Obi's becoming spoiled!

Can't wait for more! :)

4. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well, I see Qui has come a long way since the pea soup incident :)

Qui should feel guilty for the way he treated Obi, but he's doing just as much harm with what he's doing now. When Qui finally figures it out--it will be Obi who pays the price, agian.

Sounds like Obi is being a little slacker too, not good. Can't wait to see what happens, ewen

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Obi's getting spoiled, but he's the child here. Qui-Gon obviously doesn't know what he's doing.

6. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great start for the new part ;) ! Qui-Gon truly has to learn how to handle a child. At first he was rude and now he spoiled him. ;) ! Well, I have a certain feeling, that he sooner or later will have to recognize his mistake in an unfriendly way ;)

MORE P L E A S E

Angel

7. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hopefully Qui will wiseup soon, cause little Oafy... oops, Obi is gettin on my nerves. ;) 7

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm a little concerened here Ewen . When did you decide to write a story about my nephew??

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    PadawanKitara

Do we have the same nephew???

I guess all kids will do what their "parents" will let them.

My nephew and Obi get to do a lot!!!!!!

PEACE ewen

10. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Boy. Obi certainly is a punk, isn't he? And does your nephew happen to be my little bother? I mean, brother? :p

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, I'm really an Obi fan and don't particularly want him as a spoiled child ... but I'm reading :D. It would be interesting to see when Qui-Gon finally says "Enough!" (and hopefully he does).

Aunecah_Skywalker

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I hope my 3-year-old nephew doesn't turn out like that. His grandparents already spoil him rotten, and he's the King of the House when he's there.

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The day had been a long one for Master Tahl. She looked forward to an evening with just her padawan and maybe get a burger at their favorite fast food diner just outside of the temple. She soon found out that things do not always go as you plan.

Tahl palmed open the door to her apartment. She heard the giggles and a shuffling noise before she entered.

She was shocked when she ventured into the kitchen where the giggles where coming from. Flour splattered her walls. A broken egg lay on the floor mixed with more flour.

?Padawan Bant just what have you done to our kitchen.?

Bant had not realized it was time for her master to return. She had hoped she would have time to clean up the mess she really had not intended to make. Obi had gotten carried away in his merriment.

Obi wanted to engage in a food fight with the ingredients they were using to make a cake.

Master Tahl was well aware of Obi?s restrictions being lifted. She knew it because the little padawan continually came to her and Bant?s apartment to visit with Bant. Today had been no exception.

She had no objections to that. In fact she enjoyed Obi?s company but when she returned to her apartment to find a mess where the two precarious padawans had tried to bake a cake, she did not release her anger into the force

?Well, I had intended to take you for burgers tonight and ask Qui and Obi to come along but after this I doubt you and Obi will be done in time to go.

Obi did not care for Master?s Tahl familiarity of his master. He resented her thinking she had a close enough relationship to call him ?Qui?. To an imaginative little boy it indicated a certain amount of intimacy. Jealously flared in Obi?s mind.

He had just gotten his master and he had no intention of sharing him.

Obi knew it was wrong to go into someone?s home and make such a mess..

? I would be glad to help Bant clean the kitchen Master Tahl.?

Tahl herself did not understand why she suddenly had an urge to be unnaturally cross with Obi. Was she jealous? Had she hoped she would have more time to spend with ?Qui? had he not taken an apprentice? She knew she was being silly because Jinn was too much of a Jedi to indulge in a ? love ? affair. It was not in the code so it was just not done by Master Jinn. She did enjoy his company though.

?Good, if I am right, ?you? Padawan Kenobi are the reason it?s in such disarray. I will put a call to your master and see if you and he can join us for pizza once the kitchen is clean.?

?NO?!!!

The reply was quick and loud.

?I mean........ I think Master and I have something planned for this evening.?

?And just what might those plans be???

Tahl did not buy it for a second. She herself had felt a certain amount of jealously come from Obi when she mentioned his master. She did not intend to allow this child to come between the friendship she shared with Master Qui-Gon.

Obi was stumped. They really didn?t have plans that he knew of. He knew he could not openly lie to Master Tahl. But he did not want to share his master tonight.

Master Qui-Gon had mentioned playing chess together this evening. With the weekend here and no classes for two days, Obi thought they might end up watching that new horror holovid Master had just gotten him.

Tahl would hear nothing more from Obi. She commed Qui, told him of the mess the children had made, and asked the two to have pizza with them.

Qui thought he was doing a good thing for Obi by agreeing. Obi loved pizza, loved being with Bant, and he would bring the new holovid with him to watch. Yes the child, he thought, would have fun.

Jinn arrived after the two had just finished cleaning. He had not been too pleased with the mess Obi had made, but Tahl didn?t seem upset now and the kids had cleaned it up so he saw no problem.

They all sat around eating pizza as Tahl put the holovid in.

?You know I am not fond of horror vids ?Qui?. I hope Bant won?t get nightmares from them.?

14. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This is really interesting seeing so much strife between friends . Tahl's usually portrayed as so perfect. Good job on making her more human. :)

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I had planned to post again tonight,but I must not be getting many readers,so I will just wait.

I am having problems with my computer screen.I have one on order,but won't get it till Friday.That's why I had wanted to double post tonight,incase the darn thing went out completely.

Oh well.....

PEACE ewen

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Reader here. I didn't get put of a deposition until 5:30pm, so I am just nowgoing on line...more please :)

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi timidly entered Master Yoda?s office. He had only been here once before when he first arrived at the temple.

Yoda motioned for the apprentice to sit down.

?I...I..guess Master Tahl told you what happened in the poolroom today.?

?Told me she did not. There I was. Overheard the argument I did.?

?Will I have to go before the council??

?In trouble you are not young padawan. This conversation between you and I it is.?

?No darkness I see in you Obi-Wan Kenobi. Hard it must be to adjust to us, to this temple.?

?I don?t seem to fit in Master Yoda. Please don?t blame my master for my mistakes. I just did not like what Master Tahl was saying to my master about Xanatos.?

?Like that I did not myself. Unusual it is to take a padawan to the temple so late in life. You are the first I think. Know this young one. Put before you no one is when it comes to your master. Cares much for you he does. Need not humor him always to stay on his good side. "Always there you are". Meditate more you should. Reach for the force you should also. Use it enough you do not.?

?Now about Master Tahl speak we will. Apologize you should if understand you do that you were wrong. Much wrong in poolroom today. You not the only one I will speak with, but council will not know that wrongs were committed."

Obi let out a sigh of relief. He had been given a reprieve. One he planned to take advantage of.

?May I go home to my master now.?

?Necessary that won?t be. Felt him on the other side on my door as we started our talk I did.?

Master Yoda opened his door to the office to find Master Qui-Gon positioned squarely in front of it with a worried look on his face. He looked like a lion ready to attack his prey.In this case the "prey" was Yoda's door that separated him from his apprentice.

Master Yoda?s ears twitched and stood up straight.

?Want something you do my old padawan??

?Yes, I want my child. He is not to blame for this. I.... It is all my fault.?

Yoda closed the door as Qui walked in.

?No one?s fault it is. Blame I put on no one I do. In trouble your padawan is not. At least for now.?

?Then why is he before you??

?Before me? Before me he is not. Talk we have had. Talk that is over now. See you do that the boy is taught more in the Jedi ways he is. Child he is, but Jedi apprentice he also is. Balance somewhere between the two you should find. You and he both. Let not the council and Plo Koon find reason to break this master/padawan bond. Imperative it is you stay together. Now go. Have things to do I have. Obi might want to seek out Master Tahl I suspect.. Later, talk with her I will. Dark aura came from others than Obi in poolroom today. Obi is an apprentice he is. Tahl is a master. Maybe wrong one in here they are.?

?Obi did not know what Master Yoda was talking about. He never even assumed that Yoda ,in his own way, was chastising Master Tahl for her ill-harbored feelings toward Obi.?

Qui-Gon rested his arm over Obi?s shoulder as the two walked home.

******In Master Tahl?s and Bant?s apartment.********

?I can not believe the nerve of that child. I know he will only bring ?Qui? heartbreak in the end. He is already doing things behind his master?s back. Just like Xanatos.

Bant hated to hear her master talk about Obi in such a bad way. Bant knew everything Obi had done and they really weren?t that bad. Well Obi had shouted at her master. But Bant had been helping Obi learn to release his negative feelings into the force. She did not know the full story of Obi?s past. Only a few masters and the council knew that. Obi had at times started to tell Bant of his past but she would she a shadow of terror sweep across Obi?s face and her friend would immediately change the subject. She knew that having Darth Sideous as a father must have been awful. The only thing Obi had ever said was that his mother had kept him anchored in the ?Light?.

Bant certainly hoped he was right. She had a feeling that her master might keep giving Obi trouble

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Thank you for that post. Tahl has heard and seems to understand what Yoda was saying, bt will she really take it to heart??

19. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... Wonderful posts, ewen.

Poor Qui-Gon... still hasn't found that balance, but I'm sure he will.

I don't know about Tahl though- even though Yoda has chewed her out, I think she won't take everything to heart... she seems persistent. Though I'm very likely mistaken.

Again, excellent, and I can't wait for more :)

20. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Nice post ewen :)

Is this thing with Tahl a little rebelliousness towards the way JW handled the whole Qui/Tahl thing in the JA series? :D

Enjoying this I am, keep going please :)

21. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    shanobi

You are surely tuned into my thoughts on Tahl.

I resent JW throwing her in with Qui and Obi, disrupting their bond at such a critical time in Obi's apprenticeship.

It seemed stupid to me.

Now it's "payback" time!!!!

And I am loving it.

PEACE ewen

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Nice post. Uppiee.

Aunecah_Skywalker

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001