main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Master May I" Last post, COMPLETED *8/19*Q/O H/C JA young Obi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great posts! Tahl felt bad because her action, so I don´z think That she´s bad. A Jedi Master shouldn´t overreact like this, but even a Jedi is only a human ;)

NEED MORE OF THIS

Angel

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Obi sat on the transport beside his master. He never tired of watching the stars and planets dart past the portal window as the swift moving aircraft took them to their destination.

They were going the tri-sector of the galaxy to a small planet called Zelon. There were two growing factions on the planet. The original settlers or Zelonites as they were called and the Quatizan group who had at first peacefully settled there about ten years ago. Now it seemed that the people of Quatizan decent planned to take over the planet.

?Obi did you read the information I gave you??

?Yes master. Twice in fact. It sounds like there are a lot of unhappy people where we are going. It?s really cold there too. I have never seen snow.?

It was then that Qui-Gon realized again how sheltered his padawan?s life had been.

?Well you just might find this experience educational Obi-Wan.?

Obi crunched his nose up with that remark.

?I was thinking more of the ?fun? aspect of it master.?

That produced a frown from his master.

"Remember padawan we are going to adjust ourselves to somewhere in the ?middle of the road?. You are a padawan first and a child ...well. if you can be called a child then it must come second. What I mean is most padawans your age are not even considered children at the temple or where we go to negotiate problems. You are like a minature adult and you are expected to act that way.?

Obi was not sure if Qui-Gon was reprimanding him or not. His did not seem angry.

Does master think I am too much of a baby?

Obi was not overly distressed but he was more determined to show his master that he was growing up and growing more in the Jedi ways.

Obi sat there and thought of ways to prove himself to his master. His thoughts slipped back to Master Tahl. He rubbed the slowly vanishing bruise on the side of his face.

I wish I had not caused so much trouble between master and his friend. I know Master Tahl cares very much for my master and I will have to try not to be jealous. I hope Qui-Gon does not blame me for their problems.

The little boy seemed to have so much to worry about but he let his worries be absorbed by the force. He settled back in his seat and looked at his master as Qui-Gon read the data pad before him. The defined lines on his face indicated he was deep in thought. Obi did not bother him. Obi continued to watch the passing stars and soon fell asleep.
    A high diplomat of the Zelon government met Master Qui-Gon and his apprentice.

?Master Jinn, I am Kira Odessa. I am here to show you to your quarters and aid you in any way I can.?

Master Jinn extended his hand for a greeting and then turned to Obi.

?This is my apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

The woman before him with long red hair and flowing gold robes looked down and smiled at the child.

?Nice to meet you Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now if you will follow me I will show you to your quarters and brief you on some of the things that have been going on.?

Obi greeted the nice lady but he was too fascinated by the snow on the ground to pay much attention to what was going on.

He presumed his proper position, two steps back and to the left of Master Jinn. It was a show respect to ones master.

Master Jinn smiled briefly. He knew Obi was not paying attention to the briefing. He was looking at the snow on the ground. He supposed it was a most intriguing thing to see snow for the first time. He did not correct his apprentice for not paying attention.

?Ms. Odessa I am not sure I understand. Your people or some of your people say that the Quatizan people are trying to take over the governing body of your planet. But I have read of no actual proof, just accusations.?

?Please call me Kira. I do not accuse the Quatizan people personally Master Jinn. Some in the Senate feel they are trying to gain control of our government. Some of the ?seers? especially.?

Jinn looked at her questionably about the word.

?Seers?.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    SHe could see that Obi-Wan was the son of the dark one?? Creepy- They had better be careful or that will be used against them.

I loved Obi think about snowball fights- kind of like the first time I saw snow. I didn;t really know what to make of it.

4. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Very nice, ewen. Completely carefree at one moment, and ominous the next. Something tells me that the mission is going to become quite difficult... or maybe I've become paranoid.

Either way, excellent :)

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    This mission sounds really good, ewen ! :)

6. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    very good post
    up

7. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Seer's.... ummm here comes trouble. 7

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

It was now 1:00 P.M. on the first day of the negoiations.

Master Jinn had nudged Obi-Wan twice under the table after watching the boy?s head nod when he fell asleep.

Pay attention padawan!!

Jinn was concerned that someone from either party would be upset because of Obi?s lack of interest. While people of other worlds presumed the Jedi to be staunch and unfeeling beings, that evidently never tired, Jinn knew this was not Obi?s case.

You are showing disrespect for the diplomats Obi-Wan with you lack of interest.

No master. I am showing my boredom. No one has said anything of real importance for the last two hours. I am getting hungry.

Jinn knew the boy was right when it came to the discussion. They were just bickering back and forth, with the Zelons doing all the bickering.. Nothing was being accomplished.

When did you decide that you were also hungry Obi, before or after you fell asleep? Now straightened up and don?t let me tell you again.

Obi knew he had pushed his master just a little too far. The padawan slumped back into mental silence. He fought desperately to stay awake and keep his stomach from growling.

Antar, the leader of the Zelons had not failed to notice Obi?s lack of concentration. He was one of those not in favor of bringing in the Jedi. Although he was not a seer, his friends around him were and they had alerted him to whom Obi-Wan?s father was. He had chosen for now to keep it silent.

Ms. Odessa who was also at the meeting could not help but feel Antar?s dislike for the little boy. She made a mental note to tell Master Jinn. Not that her leader would harm the boy, but now she knew with certainty that some of the other seers were attuned to Obi-Wan Kenobi's background. It could present a problem.

Antar angered by The Jedi being there decided to mention to Master Jinn the fact that Obi-Wan was being disrespectful with his display of inattentiveness.

?Maybe we should call it a day Master Jinn. If you are as bored as your padawan seems to be, then we can accomplish nothing.?

Obi felt so ashamed. He had brought the wrath of the ruler of the Zelon Nation down on his master.

?My apprentice means no disrespect I am sure Governor Antar. We do seem to have stalled on these arguments. The Quatizans admit to no wrongdoing and you have supplied me with no real proof of their supposed transgressions against you.?

?Do you question the abilities of our seers Master Jinn? O-Thor has been my most trusted seer in diplomatic circles for 15 years. I do not doubt what he says and maybe you should not either. He has foreseen the future overthrowing of our government if the Quatizans are not contained.?

The Quatizans remained silent. They were an extremely meek people who seldom spoke to outsiders. That was one of the main reasons the ?talks? had gone so badly. It was their inability to communicate what they felt that hindered matters.

Governor Antar continued with his obvious posturing.

? We will break for lunch. Maybe your apprentice can stretch his legs and rest a bit. Or better yet, leave him in his room when we resume our talks later today.?

Ms. Odessa shot a look to Jinn and he felt her worry through the force. She lightly shook her head no. Jinn knew very well what she meant. Kira was telling Master Jinn not to leave ?his? child alone.

?I am sure after lunch Obi will be able to pay attention more fully. He is only 11.?

Jinn felt he should make an excuse for his padawan?s actions. But Obi was certainly going to get an ?earful? when they broke for lunch.

Obi kept his head down. He got this creepy feeling when the govenor of Zelon mentioned O-Thor. It was almost as if Obi feared the powerful seer. But he did not understand why he should feel that way. He also kinda feared the reprimand he would most certainly get from his master. He only hoped this would not stop Master Jinn from taking him out in the snow tonight.
    Jinn walked back to their quarters wit

9. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Very good posts ;) ! Obi-Wan, seeing the snow for the first time, is so cute [face_love] ! And now he´s sick, poor boy. It could be dangerous, too, because when he´s ill, it´s even easier for his emenies to harm him...

Qui-Gon should really better keep an eye on his apprentice...

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

10. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Very cute, ewen . :)

I don't know why it is, but every time I read about Obi or Qui having tea in a fanfic, I have to go make myself some. I think I drink a lot more tea now than I used to. Now off I go to heat some water. :D

11. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Awww... very sweet, ewen! :)

Poor Obi-Wan... sick... and because he played in the snow... awww.... what a sweet heart! *melts*

Wonderful to read something light! :)

And now- what's up with the leader... I don't like him... don't trust him... hmm...

12. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Meesa tinks, Obi shoulda be more schooled ina the ways of thee jedi Padawan. (i know, i know that's a lousy Jar Jar). :p 7

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Sick Obi-Wan, snow piled up to the door and dangerous diplomats- Qui-Gon is going to have quite a busy day :)

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    *******************UP**************

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jinn had just spent a most uncomfortable night with his sick padawan rolling and tossing in his bed with him.

Obi?s fever had gone up in the night but had finally broken in the early daylight hours. The sweat drenched sheets were proof of that.

Jinn had gotten up at about three in the morning and put a clean nightshirt on Obi. His sleep shirt and pants were fever-soaked with perspiration.

Jinn started to go make tea but then hesitated to look at the little boy. He now slept much more serenely and except for the usual residue from a childhood cold, Jinn thought the worse was over.

The large Jedi made his way to the kitchen as he stretched muscles and popped bones back into place.

That bed doesn?t seem so big after spending a night in it with Obi. Now that I am out of it he?s as quiet as a sleeping kitten. He hasn?t moved once since I got up.

A knock at the door to the small cottage interrupted Jinn?s tea making.

?Kira, glad to see you could make your way out in all this snow. Come in. I have just brewed a pot of tea.?

?Thank You Master Jinn. I wanted to keep you abreast of the situation concerning the negotiations. They are planned to resume in two days if your padawan is well??

Jinn thought this very strange. No one knew of Obi?s illness.

?You were mentally aware of Obi having a cold??

?I?m sorry Master Jinn but your padawan does not shield very well. While I certainly am not able to enter his mind, for some reason I am, as are other seers here are, very attuned to Obi-Wan. Several of the diplomats who are seers have expressed their concern for his illness. I can not explain it except it might have something to do with Obi-Wan being so strong with the living force.?

Jinn found that intriguing but worrisome. He did not like half the planet knowing what was going on with his child.

? I assume that Obi will be well enough to go to the meeting hall for the negotiations.?

?Well that is the problem. The Quatizan leader, Haggar has insisted the meetings be up in the mountains where their settlement is. If you noticed he was not here for the first meeting and has refused to send his treaty delegation back for the talks.?

?Where are these mountains that you speak of?"

About five hundred miles from here and it will be a hard trek. We can take a land rover but even with that it will take a good two days to make the journey. The snowstorm has left much destruction. Going over some of the mountain passes will be very slow and possibly very treacherous.?

?I am not sure Obi is any condition to make the trip. His fever will have to stay down for 24 hours and then...maybe.?

?I am afraid Haggar gives you no choice. If we do not leave in two days and arrive in two more he refuses to discuss peace. He relayed a message that inferred the Jedi sided with the Zelon and that is why you will not come up there. I told him myself of Obi? illness but he will listen to none of it. He said you are stalling and that Jedi do not get ill.?

? Humph...A lot he has to learn about Jedi if he believes that. An adult master can control his pain and illness but it?s hard for a child. They must be helped by their master or a healer.?

?You are so mind linked with your child that you can help heal him??

This information hit a distinct cord of curiosity with Kira. She seemed to need more information. Too much for Qui?s comfort.

?I knew that some Jedi could mind speak, but to be able too at such a young age surprises me. Obi-Wan must be very powerful in the ways of the force to accomplish such a feat at such a young age.?

?Well you said yourself that Obi was indeed attuned to the living force. He is strong.?

Qui did not mention the soul bond. In fact he became instantly leery of the woman who had so far been very kind to them.

Master Jinn did not get a bad feeling about her but where Obi was concerned he planned to be ever cautious.

I must be mindful of all of these people. So much interest in a little boy. Too much in fact.

?May I see the child??

Jinn again

16. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    good post
    up

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    sweet interaction between the two. But what is this constant interest by the seers/diplomats. Be very wary of them!!

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    WHOA ... Those are a lot of posts - LONG posts [face_smile]. I had a lot to catch up.

Aunecah_Skywalker

19. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Good idea to strengthen Obi-wan's shields, Qui-gon can hopefully discover who is envading his Padawan's mind. Poor Qui, a padawan who hogs the bed. [face_laugh] 7

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi loved riding in the land rover. They continued their journey over snow-covered mountains and down into valleys crested with the newly fallen snow from the blizzard.

Obi-Wan thought this had to be the most beautiful planet he had ever seen. Well he had not seen many, but so far this place was the ?coolest?!!

Of course the snow had a great deal of impact on Obi?s decision on which planet held the most beauty..

The trip was an uneventful one.
    By the time they had almost reached the settlement of the Quatizan people Qui had been led to believe that the man he would meet with, Haggar, was an orgre.

If what the Zelonites said where true then the Quatizans were greedy and manipulative enough to overtake the planet. And if Haggar was as cruel and evil as was conveyed to Master Qui-Gon then massive war and death would prevail in the confrontation.

Of course Jinn knew that what seemed to be truth was not always so.

?Master, this Haggar sounds a lot like the ?sith?.

Obi spoke to his master after the others had ventured back in the land rover to the eating area.

?We will see my padawan. We cannot judge someone on someone else?s opinion of them. We must form our own.?

Obi sat back and waited for the land rover to dock. He was not in a big hurry to meet this leader of the Quatizans because he sounded a lot like his father.

Obi shivered with the thought.

Obi-Wan wished he could just forget about his past. Well except for his mother but the rest of it could be wiped out of his mind and he would not care. Then the horrible thoughts of abuse would not enter his mind and his dreams again.

Jinn, the other dignitaries, and Obi were led to the home of Haggar, the Quatizan leader.

Contrary to what Jinn thought of how the leader?s home would be, it was quite the opposite.

His dwelling was just a regular house that provided shelter for Haggar, his wife and a small child.

?Master Jinn I presume. I am Haggar. Unlike the leader of the Zelonites I was elected by my people to guide them. I serve them as best as I can. I try to do their bidding.?

Jinn knew the leader must have been referring fact that the Zelon leader was not elected but received his station as leader of the Zelon home world only because he was born into it.

?Ahh..This must be Obi-Wan Kenobi. I have heard much from delegates about him.?

Jinn shook the leaders hand and immediately questioned him concerning his padawan.

?I am not sure how you have heard so much about my apprentice. He is just a child.?

?Evidently the Zelonites do not think so Master Jinn. They have been more focused on him than on the talks, I?m afraid.?

?You know not what you speak of Haggar. Get to point of why we are here. You have brought us up here in this blizzard to what?......Show your dominance over these treaty talks. Exactly why are we here??

Jinn knew the Zelon leader was trying to guide the conversation away from his apprentice, but Jinn planned to get to the bottom the matter. He felt he must find out why there was so much focus on his Jedi apprentice.

?What is the matter ?Oh Great One?. Do you not want Master Jinn to find out what your plot is?? {Haggar was openly mocking the Governor of Zelon}.

Now Haggar had piqued Jinn?s curiosity.

?What exactly is going on here? I will go no further with these negotiations between you two until I know the truth. Why does everyone seem so interested in a child of the Jedi??

?Pay him no mind Master Jinn. he wants to create problems with these negotiations. You see Haggar does not want peace for his people. He wants claim our home world as his.?

Haggar threw his hand up to stop the other leader.

?STOP!!! You are on my territory here in this settlement. You will not further insult me. Is that understood??

He then looked at the little boy and motioned for Obi to come to him.

Jinn was hesitant at first but then he mentally gave Obi permission to approach the Quatizan leader.

Haggar gently laid his hand on the boy?s shoulder and

21. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    So somebody wants Obi to stay there?

22. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    interesting
    up

23. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    [face_shocked] interesting twist.

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ***************UP**************

PEACE ewen

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Master Jinn do not listen to what this deceitful ?worm? has to say. He LIES I tell you. He does not want to negiotate. We will reboard the rover and depart. He offers no solutions here.?

?I beg to differ Governor Antar I do want peace for my people. If Jinn is honest about helping us then we should come to some resolve. I do not want your land or to start a war with you. We seek only peace.?

Jinn was in too much turmoil to listen to either of the leaders. Obi had now become the center of his concern.

No it should not be that way with a Jedi. Their duty should forsake all others, but Jinn did not let that waver his cause. For now Obi was going to come first until he could be sure that either party sought peace.

?We will have to return to the city Haggar. I must contact Master Yoda and the council. I am not sure that I can even help you, because I am not sure if either truly wants help. To be honest I am not sure of anything right now.?

?I will not hold you against your will Master Jinn or Governor Antar. But would it not be best if you stayed here Master Jinn. If someone were to attempt a kidnapping or in another way harm your apprentice you would have both the Zelons and the Quatizans at your disposal??

?You try to trick Master Jinn Haggar. Maybe it is you who wants the child.?

?I? Why would I have need of him? We have no seers in our community. We are unable to mind link with anyone.?

Jinn watched the two bicker over he and Obi.

?Maybe Haggar, it is not his mind you want but the boy himself because he is the son of Darth Sidious.?

There.... Jinn had said it. Though they all knew who Obi?s father was, none had braved the mention of his name.

Obi cringed when he heard his father?s name. He indeed wished the past were different. He had no desire to cause his master more trouble but he realized he had done just that again.

?I will ?comm? Master Yoda, and ask for another Jedi team to be sent. We will depart on the transport that the other Jedi arrive on.?

Haggar tried to reason with Jinn.

?I would think it would be to your best interest and the best interest of your padawan to stay here. Your council can send transportation and another set of Jedi. You would not be caught in the mountains in a possible attack. You would be far safer here than traveling with the boy.?

Jinn seemed to think that Haggar was right.

?You do make sense Haggar. Yes I think I will take you up on your offer. I will remain here until our transport from Coruscant arrives.?

?Master Jinn I have to object. I will not stay here in this forsaken camp.?

?Do as you wish Governor. I certainly only speak for my padawan and myself. We will be staying here until another Jedi team can replace us?.

?Very well we will remain with you Master Jinn. As your protection. I am not sure you know how treacherous Haggar can be. Yes, we will protect your child.

?My child needs no protection. What he needs I will provide. Thank you Haggar for allowing us to stay.?

?Think nothing of it. If you are to stay Governor Antar, you and Master Jinn along with his apprentice may stay in my home. Shelter will be found for the others with you. Of course Governor your body guards may remain with you.?

?Of course. We will be on high alert. Master Jinn may believe your lies, but I assuredly do not.?

By this time Jinn was not sure whom to believe.

Yes it would be best to stay in one place. I do not even know what I have gotten Obi-Wan into. Now I must call for replacement Jedi and wait for them to arrive. In the meantime maybe I can piece some of this together. Yes tonight with Master Yoda. We will confer on what is happening. I need to know if someone recommended this mission for us explicitly. If they did, I want to know which master it was.

The room Obi-Wan and his master had been given was small but adequate. That was about all Obi good say about it.

Jinn busied himself on the ?comm.?, trying to make contact with Master Yoda but the weather was creating interference. Although he was not fra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.