main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master Replicas Lightsaber - help

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Ryan Hunt, May 25, 2015.

1. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    Hi,

I'm interested in a Master Replicas Lightsaber on eBay, but a few things concern me. First of all, most Master Replicas lightsabers go for at least $800-900, but this one is set at a 'Buy It Now' price of $600. Also, 17 people are 'watching' the item and have not bought it yet, so I'm curious what their concerns are. Lastly, it says in the description that parts of this item's package are 'hand-picked.' I asked the seller what that means, and they said,
    • "The example for sale in this listing was hand picked, piece by piece, from 4 separate Obi-Wan Episode III sabers. Back when MR was still a company there were quality control issues with the Finish of most of their pieces. When a customer would receive something with a flaw MR would send out a new one (called a re-set) while the customer still had the original. This gave me the opportunity to pick from the bast saber hilt, base, cover, etc."
    • "It refers to the fact that I selects each item (saber hilt, case, cover, paper work, etc from A few examples as I had access to them. I definitely would never take one nor many hilts apart to try to re-assemble."
    There are at least 10 pictures of the saber hilt and it's packaging contents, so I know that they exist, but I am just wondering why the price is so low and no one has bought it yet. Does this 'hand-picked' stuff sound sketchy?

Thanks ahead of time for everyone's thoughts.

(mods- not sure if this is the right thread, please move if necessary. thanks.)

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Move it to 7SA, the mods will lock it quicker there, and so you'll get less abuse

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Moved to Collecting.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's possible most people think the 'buy it now' price is too high for the item and they might get it for cheaper if bidding commences. I'd be leery of the 'hand picked' part myself but then I don't collect these.