main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master Replicas new projects!!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi-Relik, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Relik

Jedi-Relik Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Hey Everyone I just came back from the San Diego 2005 comic-con with some exciting news,
    after attending the Master Replicas q&a panel. It seems that a whole slew of Star Wars projects are in the works. From a posible full scale remote controlled R2 (slighty hinted at) to a build your own l.e.d. lightsaber kit...with a possible removable blade!!!!!!When asked about how close they are to a removable blade his response was " so close i can taste it!"
    Also it seem that they will be re-releasing the Luke rotj lightsaber, in response to the high prices found on ebay, so if you missed out the first time you won't have to wait too long. that's all i've got stored in my noggin' for now so if i remember anything i'l post it here..
    Jedi-Relik

2. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Great news :) cant wait to get my own R2 :D

3. Darth97

Darth97 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Any word on the rumored Master Replicas Anakin costumes?

4. Jedi-Relik

Jedi-Relik Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    They had a full jedi robe set on display at their booth but, there was no mention of an anakin at the panel
    Jedi-Relik

5. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    the one on the display was the anakin prototype

6. Qui-GonSolo

Qui-GonSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Did Master Replicas give an estimated guess at when the new projects will come out?

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    How about more news on the Darth Maul FX Double Lightsabre? Heard about it in other forum but not heard when it's coming out.

8. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Concerning that they already want 900 USD for the Vader ROTS helmet, I bet a R2 unit will cost some 3000 to 5000 USD. :( But it is an awesome idea.

9. RickVader

RickVader Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    I read they were thinking of doing stormtrooper armor and other costumes?????????Can't remember where I read it though??????:confused:

10. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Here is a link to the photo of the prototype:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/SDCC-mr/image4.asp

and here is some information on the MR plans.
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/indexp8.html

11. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    Nice the Obi-Wan and the darth Maul Lightsaber in November :)

12. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Can't wait to pick up the Anakin costume replica. I asked a representative there, and they said they were figuring the price between $599 to $899.

Also, believe it or not (I still am having trouble with it), the boots in the Anakin costume make up $400 alone! Maybe they will let me buy the costume without the boots, eh? :p

Also, by the way, did anyone happen to catch two kids with Force FX lightsabers fighting in the Master Replicas section on Sunday? One of them had long brown hair, the other, a short red-head. Anyone catch those guys?

13. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Were these the kids getting lessons from Ray Park?

14. becksblanks

becksblanks Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2005
    hey do you guys know if the "Master Replicas-Anakin rots costume" comes with the glove or is the costume without accessories (ie. belt, saber...). Did the costume at their booth have the glove coz i can't really see it in the photo. thnx.

15. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The display didn't have the glove, but I was told by a rep that the costume will include EVRYTHING (except the saber, of course).

16. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    lets wait and see how good this thing will be...

17. The_Random_Menace

The_Random_Menace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    although master replicas is amazing in anything they do... its not made for people like me...

i'm cheap and broke... master replicas is amazing and to own 1 of their props, for me, would be a feat... lol

i can't wait to get my hands on a double saber EL or acrylic... don't matter to me...

18. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    The Force FX blades, are those lifesize scale or are they .45 or whatever they do them in?

I'd like to get a full size Vader handle and or complete saber.

19. Kodek

Kodek Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    The FX are full sized replicas. We own the Anakin (ROTS I believe) one and I'm hoping against hope that they will, at some point, make a Sidious FX sabre.

20. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Great thanks. This isn't the same thing that was for sale at Borders was it? Around the time the novel came out they had some hilt/blade sabers for sale. I'm pretty sure they would "glow" in the blade area and were close to the price seen on the MR site.

21. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    yeah, that's them. around the release of ROTS both Borders, CompUSA and Best Buy sold the Force FX sabers along with various other MR replicas.

22. 05ers_pwn

05ers_pwn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    FYI

i spoke to a MR rep via PM on a private prop forum,

and you can take it with a grain of salt, cause ya dont know me from adam...

but they ARE working on shrinking down and simplifying the FX circuitry to fit the smaller hilts... can you say sideous AND yoda FX?

also smaller circuitry would allow more accurate sizes for all the sabers, and would make the qui gon ep1 possible.

and hopefully one day they will be able to do a better luke rotj/obi anh FX without the hideously large weather vien emmiter parts.

23. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I thought you were buyin a lathe? For your sabershop.[face_thinking]

24. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    I don?t know if they every said if they are thinking about doing a Dooku FX. But that would be a must have sabre.

I only got 2 so far but I really really like them

I have to get a Obi-Wan if they release it and a darth maul one for sure, I just like the design of the prequel sabres a lot. Even though the obi-wan almost the same as the one from anh.

25. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Obi-Wan in November? Where did you learn that?

We can start traing this year then :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.