main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Master Ronin's master LAN BASH

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Master_R0nin, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Well, aside from the people that didn't show up and some connectivity issues (there has never been a LAN party without connectivity issues), the party at Void's was right on. Games were played, data files were shared. [face_devil]

My party is steadily approaching, I hope everyone interested can join us. We have the possiblity of close to 20 people for this party, particularly if we get some good PFF involvement.

I will post directions soon....

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i'm there! hopefully with IA having XP now, he can connect to the network...

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Actually it turned out that XP hosed up my machine worse than before. Couldn't recognise the drive with all my data, bad drivers, etc. So I put 2kPro back on this afternoon. I've been wanting to install XP so once I find a way to resolve those issues I'll make the switch. I'm hoping to have that done by Ronin's party.

4. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    sorry it messed it up! if you need any help with XP, just let me know... ;)

5. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
  6. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    I always enjoy building PCs Chewie! Just lemme know.

Started reading that article. Two things disgust me. 1)They're letting 12-year-olds play Counterstrike. I know that happens, but to let it happen in a pay-for-play, monitored environment is stupid. And these are not mature 12-year-olds either. 2) They started the game room to display their super PCs...and they're playing COUNTERSTRIKE????? A 4-year old game that runs just fine on a Pentium 2 400 (and slower, I remember playing on a P1 120)? Does anyone else see something with this?

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    well, I bet that I'd be able to play, since I found a smoking deal at fry'a electronics(www.outpost.com) for a video card. You wanna know the price? $29!!!!!!!

8. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    29 bucks for a Video card will not get you much, unfortunately Kev. If you want to get something half-way worthwile, you're going to have to spend at LEAST 150 bucks.

Make sure you consult me before you make any more computer part purchases.

9. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Agreed Ronin.
    Kev, just because something is a smokin' deal doesn't mean it's a good buy. I mean you could buy a piece of crap at a smokin' price and all you would have is a smokin' piece of crap.
    *shrugs*
    Ya know?

10. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    It's this weekend boys and girls.. SO, i'm doing a proper bump here -=*BUMP*=-

Do we have any game requests that NEED to be filled while playing? (Hopefully something everyone can easily get the hang of.. even though Void and Bunny got very good very fast at wolfenstein...

*glares at bunny, sitting on the mounted machine gun holding down the flag, saturating my body with so much lead I could draw on paper with my fingers*

11. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    If I can say one thing to enhance your experience...practice Wolfenstein. Not just the gameplay, but the objectives. The hardest thing to catch onto while playing that game is the objectives.

A few details about the character classes:

Soldier: The basic butt-kicker. You can equip him with virtually any basic weapon, Thompson, Silenced Sten, MP-40, Mauser sniper rifle, Venom chain gun, Flame Thrower [face_devil], and Panzerfaust (rocket launcher). He will have one clip in the gun and one in his pocket. Other equipment includes: 5 grenades, a Colt .45 or Luger, depending on your side, and a boot knife for those close encounters.

Medic: The life-line. Standard Equipment: Thompson or MP-40 (only one clip), grenades, and knife. Also has med-packs which can be dropped for others to pick up. How many you can drop is based on your special meter which is on the right side. This drops quickly with use, but slowly rises back up. The last piece of equipment is the syringe, which can revive fallen comrades, but only those that are still on their back reaching up like they can't get up. Having a medic on your team automatically makes your max health 110, so it's a good idea.

Lieutenant: The support. Standard Equipment: Thompson, Sten or MP-40, grenade, and knife. Also has general ammo packs for any weapon. Can be dropped like med packs for others, and yourself. The binoculars can be used to call in artillery, and the gas canister can call in air strikes. Note: neither can be used inside.

Engineer: The handy man. My personal favorite. Why? He's the only essential character. Any map that requires something to be blown up (which is most of them) requires an engineer. Standard Equipment: Thompson or MP-40, grenades, and a knife. Also has dynamite packs, which can be used to blow big stuff up, like crumbling walls, radar towers, submarines, etc. Also has pliers, which will be explained later.

-The Silenced Sten and Venom WILL OVER-HEAT. You can see this by the red bar over your ammo count. When it over-heats, you hear this sizzle, and can't fire until it cools a bit.

-Info on the sniper rifle. You can't run while scoped, you're more accurate if you wait for a bit before firing, and as always, if possible, aim for the head. [face_devil]

-The Venom, Panzerfaust, and Flame Thrower are all heavy weapons, which means you will be slower while carrying them. BUT, you can switch to another weapon while running to quicken your pace.

-Stamina. On the left side of the screen, you see a green bar. Whenever you jump or dash, it goes down a bit. Speaking of dashing, in case you weren't aware, there's a button that you can hold down to run faster than normal, but only as long as your stamina lasts. When your stamina is empty, you can't dash, and you have trouble jumping 6 inches.

-If you die and you know you have a medic with you, and the medic is competent, let him revive you. Much better then being thrown back into the que for then next wave.

-If there are no medics around, go immediately into Limbo by pressing jump (should be that key), select your stuff, and hit the button in the bottom right. It should be all good.

-When you drop dynamite, it's not ready for bang bang bang, you have to arm it. When you drop it, you should automatically switch to your pliers. Crouch, and "fire" the pliers (hold down the fire button) at the dynamite, and you will see a blue bar indicating your progress.

-Likewise, if you're on the other side, you can use your pliers to disarm dynamite, but it takes more time.

-You know you have to use dynamite when a symbol of dynamite flashes on your screen.

edit-The engineer can also repair gun placements. If a .50 cal is smoking and practically broken in two, whip out your pliers and go to town.

Whew, that should about cover it, except for learning the various objectives.

I'm going to go eat some fud now.

12. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm thinking of coming, but just to hang out, not to play. Well, play with computers, atleast... ;)

13. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Well hey, the more the merrier as they say. At least, I think that's what they say. :D People get sick of me playing pretty quickly, so I'm sure they'd be happy if you took my spot on occasion.

14. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I can't come cuz I don't wanna come.

I don't have a computer.

15. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    I don't have a computer.

Well that's your loss then, isn't it? ;)

BTW, for future human interactions, when someone makes an open invitation for a party or gathering, and you do not desire to partake, the polite action would be to say nothing, unless someone asks you directly. Just some advice. :D

16. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003

Actually I do have a computer but it's a Mc. And an old Mac to boost.

EDIT

Edited by CR's request. Please be more respectful in posts.

17. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Whatever floats your boat dude, just making a suggestion.

BTW, my sincerest condolences for having to use a Mac on a regular basis, and an old one at that.

18. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Alright, I'm looking for a head count here, so far these are the confirmed:

1. Myself (Gee, I certainly hope so)
    2. Reaper (as if you had a choice in the matter)
    3. Sideshow
    4. MJ -(no computer)
    5. Idiot's Array
    6. Chicky -(no computer)

And I have at least 4 others confirmed that are non-PFF, and quite a few that I just need confirmation from, but am quite sure they're coming.

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Count me in, though I'd like to borrow a monitor if possible. As great as it is having a 21"...monitor it's tough carrying it all over the place.

20. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    I have a 17" monitor you can borrow.

21. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    i'll be there....

no computer though...

22. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Thanks, Ronin.

23. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Good, Chickey, you and I can hang out.

24. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    unfortuneatly i may not be able to make it to the lan party...i will try but as of now i'm not sure...sorry! :(

armenian jedi, if you have nothing constructive or pertinent to post in a thread, it is spamming and it will not be tolerated. and being rude isn't a good idea either... [face_plain]

25. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    grumble grumble...
    /scratches sideshow's name off the list with a knife. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.