main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Master Syfo-Dyas...?!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by darkchaz_01, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkchaz_01

darkchaz_01 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Okay, I was looking at another thread and someone mentioned Master Syfo-Dyas.

With regards to the Syfo-Dyas storyline, I feel that the movies failed to answer the questions that this brought up, or at least I didn't understand it much.

When I saw AOTC the first couple of times I just assumed it was good 'ol Count Dooku using a different name(under orders of Palps, of course) in order for the cloners to create the clone army.

However the more I watch it, the more confused I get. Did this Jedi Master actually order the creation of the clone army and fake his death just before, in order to confuse the Jedi council? ALSO, I'm assuming it was Master Syfo-Dyas, who wiped Kamino from the Jedi database, in order to keep his actions more secretive. Why did he do these things (if indeed it was him)?

2. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    There's another thread here, in the Episode III forum unless you didn't like spoilers but here's my say about the question anyway:

The actual Syfo Dias had nothing to do with the clone army, Dooku just borrowed his name to fool the Kaminoans and hide the Sith & Separatist plots.

3. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    That's not what it said in Labyrinth of Evil, which is where the truth is revealed. I hope this isn't breaking spoilers rules, but it doesn't reveal ROTS information.

After TPM, Dooku and SD both saw the dark side was growing stronger. SD decided the Jedi would need help soon to deal with it, so he went to Kamino and ordered the clones. Meanwhile, Dooku was intrigued by the news of the Sith at Naboo. Since he had always studied the dark side with interest and he was losing faith in the order, he decided to seek the Sith lord out. Fact is, Sidious found him.
    Dooku begun his training under Sidious, which was basically a crash-course in the dark side, since Dooku was already a master of lightsaber technique and other tricks. When the time came for his final Sith trial, Sidious told him that Dooku's old friend Sifo-Dyas had placed an order for the clones and that they would have use of them in the future. Dooku was instructed to murder SD to show he was unfeeling. After he did so he erased the files on Kamino and officially left the Jedi Order.
    He was then granted the name "Darth Tyranus" and hired Jango Fett to be the original. That way, the Sith would have a voice in the payments of the clones and their production. Soon after, he began his movements to assemble the Separatists.

4. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Oh, that indeed clears things out. I hadn't read Labyrinth... thanks for that =)

5. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    "When I saw AOTC the first couple of times I just assumed it was good 'ol Count Dooku using a different name(under orders of Palps, of course) in order for the cloners to create the clone army. "

well then wonder no longer cuz you're exactly right. that's how it happened, and there's plenty proof of that in AotC (mainly when obi wan mentions syfo to jango and jango says he's never heard of him and that he was recruited by a man call Tyranus aka dooku)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.